Let's see YOUR pictures of hostas beginning with "X, Y, Z"

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Folks, we have finally reached the end of the alphabet. I know there are a reasonable number of hostas starting with the letters above, but I have only one - 'X-Rated'.

Description: Pure white leaves with heavily rippled medium green margins. White centre holds all summer and does not green up or melt out.
Size: Mini (9"w x 3"h)
Origin: sport of H. ‘X-Ray’
Flowers: Tubular flowers are pale purple with white stripes in mid-summer. 10" scapes.
Added to garden: Spring 2007

Mine was divided up in the spring and I replanted what I didn't sell in 3 groups. This picture taken June 28.

Now let's see yours that start with these letters. :-)

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
Ottawa, Canada

'Zounds' planted in 2007 and picture taken on Sptember 7. 'Francee' is to the right and 'Wide brim' to the left.

Thumbnail by irawon
Ottawa, Canada

Thanks everyone my wish list has grown from 10 to 47.

Oquawka, IL(Zone 5a)

Yellow Splash Rim looking kind of rough...not a big fan of the saw-toothed look so this one may be going next year.

Thumbnail by Rose1656
Oquawka, IL(Zone 5a)

Xanadu still looks nice.

Thumbnail by Rose1656
Oquawka, IL(Zone 5a)

Zounds is still very pretty and bright.

My X-Rated finally died last year. After seeing yours, I may have to try again. It is a cute one.

Thank you so much for doing this. Fun to see others hostas and add more to my list!

Thumbnail by Rose1656
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I've never been impressed with Zounds before, but after seeing these pictures I must have one. Write it on the list! My list has grown to 45. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images