Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Invasive Plants: Phalaris grass problem

Communities > Forums > Invasive Plants
bookmark
Forum: Invasive PlantsReplies: 1, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
JoParrott
Richland, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 12, 2011
4:01 PM

Post #8805634

I have a rock garden along one side of my house, which has various plants in it. It is watered by an inground system. There are 3 patches of variegated phalaris which I like, but it is spreading so much as to be a problem. I took my hedge trimmer and cut it way back thinking I could get in and dig up most of the roots, just leaving a small clump. Not happening! The roots are way too deep. What can be used to kill back the roots? And will I have to wait for the irrigation to be off? Will the other plants be harmed by run off? I appreciate any help.

Thumbnail by JoParrott
Click the image for an enlarged view.

JCalhoun
Saraland, AL
(Zone 8b)

September 13, 2011
7:41 AM

Post #8806565

Round Up.

The stuff in the spray bottle works well in flower beds.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Invasive Plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. dodecatheon 79 Mar 2, 2008 2:12 AM
Ampelopsis brevipedunculata 'Elegans' Invasive. snapple45 19 Dec 10, 2008 2:12 AM
Nutsedge, sedge, etc. - questions & comment Dea 20 Nov 12, 2009 2:32 AM
Wild onions. escambiaguy 19 May 6, 2009 8:05 PM
Wisteria judycooksey 97 Jun 8, 2007 5:32 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America