Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Hostas: Hostas A to Z

Communities > Forums > Hostas
bookmark
Forum: HostasReplies: 6, Views: 51
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
irawon
Ottawa
Canada

September 14, 2011
5:29 PM

Post #8808692

ViolaAnn thankyou for the A-Z hosta thread. It was wonderful. Am now suffering from hosta withdrawal symptoms lol.

Eleven

Eleven
Royal Oak, MI
(Zone 6a)

September 15, 2011
6:28 AM

Post #8809314

Ha, I keep hitting my DG button in the hopes of finding more hosta pics have been added! Sadly, no dice. I definitely enjoyed these threads. With the ones I still need to plant, this has probably been my longest and most fun hosta season ever. Anyway, thanks again Ann!

These threads helped me add a few new plants to my want list:
Blueberry Muffins
Darwin's Standard
Marilyn Monroe
Paradyce Joyce
Priairie Sunset
Small Sum
Wheee!

Re-add a few plants that I had deleted:
Emerald Ruff Cut
Little Aurora
Little Sunspot

Confirm others already on the list =)
Blue Shadows
Canadian Blue
Grand Prize
Sunlight Child

And confirm new impulse purchases from this year, LOL!
Jaz
Marilyn Monroe
Ripple Effect

virginiarose

virginiarose
Southeast, VA
(Zone 8a)

September 15, 2011
4:06 PM

Post #8810057

Thanks Ann, That was fun and I really enjoyed it. I added a lot of new Hostas to my list like Little Sunspot, Love Pat, Island Charm, Unforgeable, Inniswood, Gold Standard, My Claire, Janet, Lakeside Prophecy, Lakeside Shoremaster, Hollywood Lights, Salute, September Sun, Sitting Pretty, Seventh Heaven, Rainforest Sunrise, Smooth Sailing, Snow cap, Tokudama Aureonebulosa, St Paul, Prairie Sunset, Lunar Orbit, Zounds, Emerald Ruff Cut and finally Venus, Oh yeah Sunshine Glory. Thanks again! :)

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

September 16, 2011
4:44 AM

Post #8810650

Thanks. I have yet to go through the thread with a notebook, but I'm sure I'll have added a few to MY list as well. But it would be nice if we had a few MORE people posting their plants as there are a great many more than we have.
bellieg
Virginia Beach, VA

September 16, 2011
4:55 AM

Post #8810666

Hello!!
I read all your posts and enjoyed all your pictures. i did not take pictures this year. After our 5 weeks golf vacation it was time for me to play/play and play to improve my game. So far it is improving!!

Your hostas looks more healthy than mine. Somehow mine are loaded with holes now. They were nice and healthy last spring but then I lost 25 + after vacation. The caretakers that I hired did not do a good job!!!@

I had added maybe 20+ from a coop and the hostas were from bentley gardens. Someone mentioned that they bought Fire foxx inventory.

Bellie

virginiarose

virginiarose
Southeast, VA
(Zone 8a)

September 16, 2011
2:05 PM

Post #8811219

That's fine bellieg! Holes are one thing dead is another. They will come back next spring and I'm sure they will be beautiful. Have your camera ready for them, ok?
Rose1656
Oquawka, IL
(Zone 5a)

September 16, 2011
2:14 PM

Post #8811240

Bellie,

Most of mine were taken on or before July 4th. The horrible heat and dry spell that we had really made most of them look pretty sad!

Rose

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Hostas Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Your Favorite Hosta... blonde_elf 117 Nov 16, 2009 7:06 PM
Mania Links pupper 5 May 21, 2007 10:11 PM
Help me choose leslie 10 Jul 16, 2008 10:40 AM
Lovely Loretta jody 55 Jun 23, 2007 11:02 AM
cup hostas handhelpers 11 Aug 25, 2007 7:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America