Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: The Halloween Hop Swap! *Show us your treats!*

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 266, Views: 1,487
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 16, 2011
7:23 PM

Post #8811658

Welcome to the Halloween hop swap reveal page! Share your tricks and treats here!
Lets keep each other updated with all our spooktacular decorating and fall festivities!
Happy haunting swappers!

We came from beyond the grave... And this thread here... :)
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1204869/

Spooky swappers:
1) outlawheart81- sent
2) Poisondartfrog- sent
3) Deejay9- sent- received
4) jab91864- sent- received
5) Crit- received
6) happgarden- sent- received
7) tater55- received -sent
8) irisluvr0252- sent- received
9) candles4u-received
10) lizrainey- sent- received
11) flowerchik1-
12) schez- received
13) Crissyr- sent

This message was edited Oct 3, 2011 9:33 PM

This message was edited Oct 7, 2011 7:16 PM

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81
Click the image for an enlarged view.

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 17, 2011
8:03 AM

Post #8812110

Ok! I've never been good with awkward silences... ;)

so in the meantime lets play a little game to pass the time till the trick or treaters knock, and it will help us "break the ice" and get to know each other better.

Here's how it will work...(provided it works...)
I'll start here by asking a question
(example: What's the last movie you saw, in theater or at home?)
I'll answer the question myself.
(example: Rocky Horror Picture Show)
Then the next person to reply should quote the question (in case of cross posting)
& answer it.
(example: The Last house on the left)
Then they will post a new question for the next swapper to answer

so does everyone get it?! Good idea? Lol if not just tell me to be patient. If you like it answer the movie question above! ( yes, those are my actual answers!!!) I'm so ready for Halloween!!! :-D

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

September 17, 2011
8:15 AM

Post #8812130

Let's see if I do this correctly.

What was the last movie I saw, at home or in the Theatre?
'Green Lantern'

New question:
What book are you reading/have you read most recently?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 17, 2011
8:37 AM

Post #8812152

Woohooooooooooo, got my partners name! Let the shopping begin! OL, could you possibly post the participants name on your first post and what kind of things they like? Spooky, scarey, mild, etc. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe people could post what they would like to have also.
in
Here is me: Scarey but not gorey. Home made treats. Crafty type decorations, home made or bought, nice or scarey. Outside decorations for the yard. Halloween/harvest time inside decorations. Candles with the fall scents. No cinnamin (that doesn't looke right but I think you know what I mean). Pumpkin scent, falls scents, etc. Will edit if I think of something else.

What book are you reading/have you read most recently?

Don't read alot so the last book would be my Bible.

New question:

What is your favorite plant in your yard or house?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 17, 2011
4:25 PM

Post #8812570

What is your favorite plant in your yard or house?
I would have to say it is my BRUGS at this Point ? LOVE UM

Question : How aften Do you Play in your Garden :)))) ?????
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 18, 2011
9:30 AM

Post #8813396

Good morning all. Been quiet around DH since I signed off last.

We got 1 1/4" of rain last night. YEA! Along with it was a lot of lightening show. DH and I sat outside and watched it for a while. Was so nice outside. We are really needing the rain. Last I saw we were 8+" behind for the year. Maybe we can get a little grass growing for the critters. Temps are going to be in the 80's for the next week.

Question : How often Do you Play in your Garden :)))) ?????

I usually do 'something' in my garden DAILY! I always at least go out and walk around surveying to see what might need something.

Question: Do you have any hobbies besides gardening/plants?

lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 18, 2011
11:39 AM

Post #8813516

we got warm weather too ahhh
i like everything scary to cute

question: do you have any hobbies besides gardening/plants?

i love to go to the beach and collect shells and drift wood sit a spell and decompress listening to the waves crashing onto shore very relaxing.

question: what kind of area or scenery do you like to sit and unwind to?

This message was edited Sep 18, 2011 7:52 PM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 18, 2011
1:14 PM

Post #8813611

Afternoon everyone! Still waiting to see if my buddy likes spooky or comical decorations? It would be niocew if everyone post what they perfer, so we don't send the wrong items.
I like things for indoors, as we don't have any trick or treaters here, so I don't decorate the yard.

question: what kind of area or scenery do you like to sit and unwind to?

Love to go for drives in a very dense forest, no noises from all the cars and city life! Watch the wildlife.

Question:
What type of flower would you like to grow, if you had the perfect weather for it?

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

September 18, 2011
2:24 PM

Post #8813690

I like spooky or scarey or harvest themed things, inside or outside. I am not a "cutsey" kind of person. Plants with names/colors that fit the season are great.

What kind of flower would I grow if I had the perfect weather for it? I would love to be able to grow Heliconias outside.

What is your favorite color palette in the garden?

Alana
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 18, 2011
2:31 PM

Post #8813695

HI Everyone!!! I got my partner and I just want to say to whoever got me, ANYTHING GOES!!! Cute, scary, gory, food, candles, whatever!! I do seem to like toads and witches.

Question:
What type of flower would you like to grow, if you had the perfect weather for it?

I would grow those gorgeous Hawaiian flowers with the separate pedals and come in blues, pinks, purples, yellows, you know the ones, the kind they put in lei's

Question:
What is your favorite vegetable to grow yourself?

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 18, 2011
4:07 PM

Post #8813831

I love homegrown tomatoes! And sweet corn, the yellow and white kind. I use to grow Peaches and Cream and it was wonderful! I don't grow corn anymore as I am on city water and it takes a lot of water, but tomatoes are GREAT!

I posted my likes and dislikes in a post above a little way.

I will take this question as it hasn't been answered:

What is your favorite color palette in the garden?

I like COLOR! Lots and lots of color! I am not especially fond of white flowers, but do throw in a few here and there for contrast, or if they smell really good. (tuberose, gardenia, brug, honeysuckle, etc.) I run the whole color pallet. Especially like red and purple flowers, and unusual ones.

OK, let me think, I need to put out another question. Hmmmmmm

Question: You have won a backyard makeover, money is no object. What would you do? ex:plants, buildings, decoration, pool, koi pond, etc.

This message was edited Sep 18, 2011 5:25 PM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 18, 2011
4:17 PM

Post #8813855

Question: You have won a backyard makeover, money is no object. What would you do? ex:plants, buildings, decoration, pool, coy pond, etc.

OH BOY I WON Wow I Would love a SOLARIUM Where I could let my Birds fly loose Amongst the Trees & Plants with a Water falls .

QUESTION : If you could Build anywhere In the USA Where would it be .
MICHIGAN HERE :)
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 18, 2011
4:21 PM

Post #8813862

Wow, just got back from a weekend motorcycle ride, so I'm whipped. Sad to see the weather turning cold, lost all my tomato and pepper plants to hard freeze =0(

Question: You have won a backyard makeover, money is no object. What would you do? ex:plants, buildings, decoration, pool, coy pond, etc.
1. privacy fence
2. koi pond w/waterfall
3. I've been wanting to put a stone path in along my yard
4. A greenhouse if I had the room...lol

Ok, so I guess its my turn for a question... hhhhmmmm
What is your someday dream vacation ?? (Mine I want to do an Alaska cruise)

~ Julie
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 18, 2011
4:23 PM

Post #8813865

Likes / Dislikes.

I like spooky or scarey not into gorey. I do like the harvest theme too. Honestly I spend more $$ on stuff to go in the garden/yard than I do inside the house. Stuff like chimes, solar lights, little statues so I guess that makes me an outdoor decorator more or less...lol. (I just got an awesome greenman as a gift for my birthday)
Plants/seeds are great... I lean toward bright colors or something that pops out and gets noticed. No food allergies. I like candles etc.

To be honest it would be hard to disappoint me so whoever has my name, just have fun, it's all good =0)

This message was edited Sep 18, 2011 9:10 PM
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 18, 2011
5:59 PM

Post #8813985

Ok, I will try again

Question was QUESTION : If you could Build anywhere In the USA Where would it be .
I think I'd stay in Northern Michigan, 80 acres wooded with a pond sounds great.

And I'm going to use my question earlier since nobody saw it yet...lol
What is your someday dream vacation ?? (Mine I want to do an Alaska cruise)

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 19, 2011
7:22 AM

Post #8814654

What is your someday dream vacation?
To ride cross country to sturgis. Maybe not even during the rally, mostly just interested in the scenery. :)

If you could go to college right now, all expenses paid, where would you go? What would you study?

I'd go to Syracuse University and major in geology.
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 19, 2011
3:50 PM

Post #8815352

my box went out today!
if i hadnt mailed it, it would of got bigger
and swap partner remember i shop all year long for this swap
looks like its out of control but actually its not lol.

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 19, 2011
5:50 PM

Post #8815517

Yay!!!! Can't wait to see the goodies!!!! :)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 19, 2011
7:04 PM

Post #8815623

You are quick Liz. Hope to get mine out by next week.

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 19, 2011
7:16 PM

Post #8815642

Same here! I have goodies to bake and some special treats to find. :)
Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

September 19, 2011
7:29 PM

Post #8815657

I'm going to answer the last asked question, "If you could go to college right now, all expenses paid, where would you go? What would you study?" I'm cheating, because I'm in college right now (NOT all expenses paid!). I'm currently studying for a dual major in both history and psychology, but if I could go anywhere and money wasn't an issue, I'd be studying depth psychology and mythology at Pacifica University on the coast of California. :)

Question:
What's the single most expensive item you've ever bought for your garden?

I'm in Halloween heaven right now. All the stores in town have their stuff out, so I'll be doing my shopping at the end of the month when I get paid and loading up (my apologies to my swapping partner for the wait!). I look at all the spooky/gothic looking stuff and just drool.

I'm nursing a candy corn plant back to health, and I'm hoping that it will have little flowers out by Halloween. Instant, free decoration! :)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 19, 2011
7:37 PM

Post #8815662

I've never seen a candy corn plant. That sounds interesting. I had a red and yellow shrimp plant that I loved, but the yellow one grew and bloomed so good, then suddenly died! Strangest thing. I also have a tutti-fruity that Fruity send me. It is blooming and growing well. She sends the neatest plants!!!!!

Question:
What's the single most expensive item you've ever bought for your garden?

I've not spent a lot on stuff for my garden. Right now I would have to say a 4 1/2' tall 3 tier fountain. It is really big and really pretty. Adds a lovely touch and has a soothing sound.

?: I mentioned my big fountain above. I have 5 fountains around my yard.

Do you have fountains in your yard and if so how many?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 20, 2011
5:46 AM

Post #8815946

I have never heard of a candy corn plant either. I had to google it. It is a firecracker plant. So pretty!

Thumbnail by taters55

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 20, 2011
3:58 PM

Post #8816657

I love that!!!! So cute!!! :) wonder if it's hardy here? Or at my partners house? ;)

Do you have any fountains? How many?

Sadly no. :( but Somedays the culvert pipe seems like one. Lol i do hope to have a pond someday though. With a nice fountain. Maybe some kind of copper leaves that pour water down or something. Though... If i ever get rich and have a mansion it'll be a 20 foot marble monster of a thing! With cherubs, pans, angels...the whole 9!

If you could hybridize a plant and name it what type would it be and what would you name it? Why, if there is a story to the name?

I would have to say a Hydrangea. It would be the first ever in all season shades of brown! Yes, brown!!! Going from a deep antique white to a khaki, to a deep redish brown... If there is such a Hydrangea please tell me, i need it! But if there isn't and i created one i would name it 'crackerjack' after my coon hound. She was a red tick. And the colors would be like her coat was, plus wouldn't a more earthy shade like that look great next to an old rusty truck, or log cabin, or with pale pink roses? I think so. Lol
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 20, 2011
5:49 PM

Post #8816821

LK... that DOES look like candy corn. How cool. Do you have it planted outside or do you have to take it in during winter? You are waaaaaay south of me. Did you get it as a plant or start from seed?

Great idea's there OL.

Since you didn't post a question, I will post another one. lol

Question: What would your fantasy flower bed look like and what flowers/colors would you have in it?

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 20, 2011
6:01 PM

Post #8816833

(question) If you could hybridize a plant and name it what type would it be and what would you name it? Why, if there is a story to the name?

(my answer)
I would have to say a Hydrangea. It would be the first ever in all season shades of brown! Yes, brown!!! Going from a deep antique white to a khaki, to a deep redish brown... If there is such a Hydrangea please tell me, i need it! But if there isn't and i created one i would name it 'crackerjack' after my coon hound. She was a red tick. And the colors would be like her coat was, plus wouldn't a more earthy shade like that look great next to an old rusty truck, or log cabin, or with pale pink roses? I think so. Lol[/quote]

Sorry Crit, here is my question. Lol
i think my dream garden is nearly all green just loads of hostas and ferns and hydrangeas, with a climbing rose for some color. And a lilac for scent! :)

flowerchik1
Guyton, GA
(Zone 8b)

September 20, 2011
6:48 PM

Post #8816934

My cigar plant kinda looks like the candy corn plant. The firecracker plant that I saw at the nursery had grass like foliage. My cigar plant has regular leaves. Oh yeah I like fairly mild Halloween or harvest decor, nothing too spooky for me. I love to eat sweets and have no allergies.

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 20, 2011
7:56 PM

Post #8817030

I definitely need to work on updating the top list tomorrow. Lol I'll try to sort through everyone's posts, in this, and the previous thread and find hints to add next to the names. Lol oh boy, i'm in over my head. Lol

i Googled candy corn flower and look what i found!!! Purdy!!!!

Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

September 21, 2011
12:39 AM

Post #8817295

I brought my candy corn plant in two weeks ago. Poor thing would never make it through a South Dakota winter.

It was abused by some squirrels, so it's got half the foliage it did in the pic, but it's taking well to the indoors (now the cats nibble on it). I have it in a window next to my Milk Tree and my Star Jasmine, and I have to remind it constantly (by rewrapping its little shoots around its tomoto cage), that it is not allowed to hook up with the other plants. :)

This is what it looks like:

This message was edited Sep 21, 2011 2:45 AM

Thumbnail by Schez

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 21, 2011
7:18 AM

Post #8817531

Wish i had more room for houseplants. I'd love one of those, and a gardenia. They smell SOOOOO amazing.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 21, 2011
11:46 AM

Post #8817880

That is a plant I found on Google, I don't have one! I had a regular cigar plant and the hummers love it, but it did not make it through the heat this summer.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 21, 2011
12:36 PM

Post #8817928

Ok...I think we are a question short...rofl.
Glad I didn't have to answer the most expensive thing in the garden that could be used as black mail! rofl.

I am a mild sweet halloween (let me rephrase that I am not mild nor sweet) but I like mild happy silly halloween... ;)

Question:
What is the tactiest thing you have in your garden? Be hones...rofl.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 21, 2011
4:27 PM

Post #8818307

A metal road runner! My Dad wanted it, so here it sits.

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 21, 2011
6:04 PM

Post #8818493

Hmm... Tacky? I prefer to say kistchy... Lol
:D
btw... The red and blue, not my idea! i just live in it, live with it...

jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 22, 2011
4:50 AM

Post #8818973

I like the Harley sign, I looked at one last week and thought how cute...LMAO

Ok, question... what was your biggest gardening flop this year ?

For me it was a draw between the eggplant and the corn. The corn fell over because it was tunneled under by some critter then it got sickly after we tried to prop it back up...aphids. Second would be the eggplant which I started from seed but just would not take off, it was stunted once it went to the coldframe and sat in the same stage/size pretty much the entire season only to die in the freeze last week...
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 22, 2011
5:38 AM

Post #8819016

Glad I don't have to live on the food I grow because the only thing I grew were tomatoes, got them in late, summer was horrible, and just now starting to produce and we are below normal temps!

What is your favortie gardening tool?

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 22, 2011
7:21 AM

Post #8819137

My favorite garden tool is probably the hose. i love watering. Very relaxing. Not a fan of weeding but i use a little claw cultivator a lot.

If you could only have one plant what would it be?

I would have my cactus which is a baby from the one my grandfather brought back from Texas during ww2

This message was edited Sep 22, 2011 9:23 AM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 22, 2011
8:09 AM

Post #8819197

You need more cactus? We have lots of prickly pear here!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 22, 2011
4:04 PM

Post #8819839

If you could only have one plant what would it be?

I WOULD LOVE A TRUE HARDY ZONE 5 ORANGE ROSE BUSH OR CLIMBER There is one they say is called VOODOO
But Have never found it yet .

WHAT ROOM IN YOUR HOME MAKES YOU THE HAPPEST???
Guess MINE IS My PLANT ROOM :)))) Just had to share :) HEHE

Thumbnail by deejay9

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 22, 2011
6:27 PM

Post #8819991

My favorite room is my back porch. Love to sit and watch the hummers.

Question... Have you been to any other countries? I spent 6 months in Belgium and loved every minute of it!
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 23, 2011
4:29 AM

Post #8820272

Well I moved into this house 2 yrs ago and so far I don't have a favorite room. I just haven't started a space that is just mine, I think about it a LOT just haven't done it yet...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 24, 2011
8:18 AM

Post #8821868

Question... Have you been to any other countries?
I haven't traveled much, although I wish I could! Canada and Mexico are the only other places I have visited.

I LOVE the Voodoo rose! It grows well here. Flowers change from a light pink to a deep burgandy as the flower ages. I have/had (not sure) at the other house. We were there last week for our tour of the house, we have it rented. Went to the back yard and my roses are all over the place! She hasn't done any trimming or anything with them since they moved in in March '10. When I go over to trim them up in the spring, I will send you a cutting. PLEASE remind me!!!! I would love to get some cuttings and send to you if it is still there.

Question: What do you do to stay occupied during the winter months?

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

September 24, 2011
8:46 AM

Post #8821904

What do I stay occupied with during the winter months? Aside from working I play with my seeds. I package seeds, trade seeds, dream up color schemes and plan my greenhouse plantings. When I open the greenhouse I pretty much live out there. Heating has become so expensive that I have quit starting in December. I have to wait until mid-February, but I still get a head start on many plants and I still grow a few hundred tomato plants to sell in mid April.

Crit, I am so happy with the Tuberose you sent me in Fruit's swap. I had not expected blooms this year but it has a nice fat pod on it that looks like it will open soon.

Barring the unforeseen ghoulish intervention, I plan on mailing my partner's box on Monday.
Have a good weekend, Alana

My bad. I had to edit to add this question:

Do you prefer annuals or perennials in the garden, and why?

This message was edited Sep 24, 2011 10:47 AM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 24, 2011
9:11 AM

Post #8821945

So excited your tuberose is going to bloom!!! They smell soooooo good at dusk and into the evening and night. If you like gardenia, you will LOVE it!!! And they spread like iris do. The potted clump I took yours from is blooming like crazy! I have it next to my chair on the covered patio. I have some planted in the ground, but the ones in the pot are actually doing better! The planted ones got plenty of water this summer, but I only have 1 spike out there. The ones on the patio are in shade but get indirect bright light. Mine are so tall and heavy in the pots that I have to stake the spikes with bamboo.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 24, 2011
11:49 AM

Post #8822129

In the gardens I prefer perennials, course I love annuals in the pots.

Around here tuber roses are annuals ;( so sad, I have zone envy.

Haven't been shopping since I got my buds name, so I need to get with it...

Beautiful day below normal again, but really feels like fall, we have been quite dry.

What do you start from seed?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 24, 2011
11:57 AM

Post #8822137

Really happ... they aren't hardy there? I'm really surprized! I left mine in the ground and they came back fine.

Try doing them in big pots you can overwinter inside. They are well worth the extra effort IMHO

My White Ginger didn't make it. :-( It got all squishy, but the other store bought ginger root is doing fine.

This message was edited Sep 24, 2011 1:01 PM
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 24, 2011
12:00 PM

Post #8822139

Nope I think you may be at the end zone...rofl...little pun there. Maybe zone 6 if you are lucky but not zone5a, we just get to cold and freeze our bulbs off up here. Not far away from you which is kind of surprise. I love them.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 24, 2011
12:02 PM

Post #8822141

I can send you a clump is you want to try them in pots.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 24, 2011
12:12 PM

Post #8822153

Sure I will be happy to pay postage, would it be better to wait until spring? I don't know anything about them, just the smell, you can buy the blooms here at our farmers market.

I can send you some more because it went crazy this summer and I need to downsize some of it anyway. Just about have everything in that I am bringing in. Finally have an area I can get in and out of the garden room, it was so packed but now things are sort of arranged. I really need to cut the banana trees back but they are just so darn cool. I did trim my red hibiscus standard back which just killed me but it would not fit thru the door. Did everything else make it or do you need more? I really need to downsize, if any of this stuff keeps growing thru the winter I am in trouble.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 24, 2011
12:22 PM

Post #8822160

Happ What are you down sizing on ??? let me know maybe i can help :) send me dmail let me know . if i can help :)
looks as if my GHOSTLY Box Maybe Landing Today I Sure hope it all arrived safely . if not please let me know so i can fix it .
susie

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 24, 2011
1:53 PM

Post #8822272

May I have your attention please???

Look what I got today from Liz! I could not believe the stuff she packed very well in my box, and not one thing was broken!
Liz, I love everything you sent!

So with out any further delay, let me start posting picture. Please give me a few, as it will take several pictures to post!

First off is a very pretty tote bag, and and Happy Halloween banner. Each letter is like a soft puffy pillow.

Thumbnail by taters55

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 24, 2011
1:53 PM

Post #8822273

Second is some window sticky's, a huge black spider, and two light up paper lanterns.

Thumbnail by taters55

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 24, 2011
1:54 PM

Post #8822274

Next I have two snow globes, a candle holders and a candy dish. And a light up sign that say's if the shoe fits! So cute. I am keeping that by my computer...

Thumbnail by taters55

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 24, 2011

Post #8822276

All kinds of paper plates, cups, napkins, and a really nice hot pad, pot holder, and kitchen towel...

Thumbnail by taters55

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 24, 2011

Post #8822277

Pretty nail polish, that crackles when you place it over another color, a R.I.P sign, a mini night light that looks like a lava lamp, and a paper Halloween banner...

Thumbnail by taters55

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 24, 2011
1:55 PM

Post #8822278

A nice candy jar for the candy she sent. This is also by my computer.

Thumbnail by taters55

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 24, 2011

Post #8822279

And this beautiful kitchen towel is hand made by none other than Liz herself! I love this towel!!!

Thumbnail by taters55

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 24, 2011

Post #8822280

A door mat for the doorway!

Thumbnail by taters55

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 24, 2011

Post #8822281

Socks, nail art stickers, and temporary tattoo's!

Thumbnail by taters55

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 24, 2011
1:58 PM

Post #8822284

And last but not least, is another homemade item by Liz. A beautiful button bracelet!!!!

Thumbnail by taters55

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 24, 2011
1:59 PM

Post #8822286

And it fits too!

Liz, thank you so much for all the wonderful items you crammed into that box!!! I love everything you sent!

Thumbnail by taters55

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 24, 2011
3:09 PM

Post #8822383

nice box cool Towel I Love it also Those colors would go nicely in my new home if & when you would like to share :)) HEHE
Good nite all . head colds got me .
susie

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 24, 2011
3:10 PM

Post #8822384

Just rushed over to ohhhh and ahhhh! Liz sure knows how to pack a box with treasures..I've been a recipient of one of her Halloween boxes! Well done Liz and congrats to youlindaKay for having re dived such a box..love it!

I'm thinking a lot of those buttons came from Chicago

This message was edited Sep 24, 2011 5:14 PM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 24, 2011
3:22 PM

Post #8822394

Sorry your not feeling well Susie! Get better soon!
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 24, 2011
4:46 PM

Post #8822499

Wow, that is a great box!!! Liz is obviously much more talented than me...lol, sorry for my swap buddy =0)

That nightlight is super cute!!

Maybe a hot tottie would help Susie, feel better
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 24, 2011
6:15 PM

Post #8822601

wow that got there quick glad you like everything was fun trying to stuff that box!
lol kenny was just looking at the goodies i sent he couldnt believe i got it all in that box
i guess some of his packing lessons rubbed off on me :)

betty some came from chicago and i have a connection in israel who i buy buttons from.

This message was edited Sep 24, 2011 5:18 PM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 24, 2011
6:29 PM

Post #8822622

happ ... I don't remember all that you sent me. I would have to go back and look at the pic I took of the stuff. I'm not sure about the Tiny Tears Hosta. It either went dormant before the others, or I lost it. I'll wait until spring to see what it does. I kept everything watered real well, but the heat this summer was a killer. No need to pay postage. I'll just swap you some tuberose for the white ginger. I might as well go ahead and send it to you now. I assume you are planning on putting it in a pot, so timing shouldn't matter.

WOWSEEEEE LK!!!! That box must of been the size of a dishwasher box!!!! lol That is definately an extaordinary box you got there. GREAT STUFF!!!!! You are all set for BOO DAY!

This message was edited Sep 24, 2011 7:46 PM

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

September 25, 2011
2:42 AM

Post #8822937

That was a packed box of goodies! Alas, mine is more modest. I hope my partner isn't underwhelmed.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2011
5:51 AM

Post #8823055

Great great box, wowzer. That surely was packed to the hilt...love those paper plates. I would say you are set for halloween. Great stuff. I have to get out and go shopping, think I will do that Monday after work. No one shops on Monday evening so the stores are pretty quiet.

Editted for bad spelling and not making any sense...rofl.

This message was edited Sep 25, 2011 7:06 AM
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 25, 2011
6:55 AM

Post #8823141

poison, anyone will love your box! :)

crit your so funny, lol no the box was a reasonable size really

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 25, 2011
7:17 AM

Post #8823160

Just had to come back and look at the pretties..you've given me a reason to go out back and bring in fall totes..am sure some of your pretties are waiting to be displayed Liz...
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2011
8:07 AM

Post #8823224

Well my box is going out in the mail tomorrow, supposedly...lol. I hope it passes muster =0)

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2011
8:40 AM

Post #8823250

Awesome box Liz! Great work packing! :)
Congrats tater! Awesome items. :) love the "if the shoe fits" light. How cute.
So that's one down now, i know one more is on it's way for sure, so perhaps tomorrow someone will find a spooky surprise on their door step! :D
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 26, 2011
8:02 AM

Post #8824653

OmG LK!!!! LOVE all the stuff, yes Liz you certainly know how to stuff a box! I love everything but the towel is just way way way cool!!

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

September 26, 2011
8:40 AM

Post #8824740

My box of spooky plants and seasonal treats is on it's way. By priority broom, it should make it by Wednesday or Thursday.
Alana
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 26, 2011
4:31 PM

Post #8825520

My box of dark tidings went out today as well... =0)

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 26, 2011
6:02 PM

Post #8825689

According to my records there is a box that was received! Lets see some pics!!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2011
4:10 AM

Post #8826164

My Partner rec'd her box the SAT the 24th Guess it must of scared her to death Sure Hope not .
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2011
4:11 AM

Post #8826166

Oh my, that would be bad...lol

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2011
4:20 AM

Post #8826174

Well I Didn't think it was all that SPOOKIE But Maybe it was since there is no word as to its arrival What Is this GOOD WITCH Of The North Suppose to think ???
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 27, 2011
4:24 AM

Post #8826179

Hope the flying monkey's didn't get it!!!!!!!!!!!
Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

September 27, 2011
5:45 AM

Post #8826282

Sorry for the wait, all! My roommates just informed me I had a package yesterday. They had it stashed in the garage, perilously close to the recycling bin. I'll have to inform one of them she is now known as a flying monkey- she's deathly afraid of anything monkey-related. :P

Thanks so much to Deejay for the awesome package of goodies. The first thing I noticed upon opening my box with the delicious smell- the truly amazing fall smell of cinnamon filled my kitchen with the most heavenly aroma.

The box itself was well-packed, with cute little Halloween-themed goody bags wrapped around the treats inside. I meant to take pics of the bags, but the cat claimed them as hers before I could.

Inside was a veritable treasure trove of Halloween loot. Let's start with the pics.

Thumbnail by Schez

Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

September 27, 2011
5:49 AM

Post #8826285

First up in a cute little gel cling for my windows. I also received four different kinds of lilies in bulb form, which are pictured, and one variety that was already a rooted plant (not pictured- yet). I'm playing with those today. I can't wait to see how they look when they bloom!

Also included was an apron (how'd Deejay know I needed one of those?), which will be getting much use in a few weeks when I start baking Halloween treats.

The heavenly scent came from a bag of potpourri, which has since being unpacked infused the whole house with its smell. Lovely!

I made sure to get multiple pics of the candy, since I'm sure it won't last long in this household (not that Reese's are my favorite or anything *wink wink*).

Thumbnail by Schez

Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

September 27, 2011
5:52 AM

Post #8826289

Next up was a floral-themed dish towel, which the cat also tried to claim. She lost that battle. :)

I also received a pair of comfy socks, which I'm wearing as I write this. Pure bliss for these aching feet.

And there was a pair of gardening gloves. (Deejay must be psychic! I lost my favorite pair in the snow last year and have been looking for a replacement set since. These will be perfect. And they're sure to get a workout when I play with my lilies today.)

And the candy again. I'm surprised it sat still long enough for two pics.
Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

September 27, 2011
5:53 AM

Post #8826294

Helps if I attach the pic. :/

Thumbnail by Schez

Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

September 27, 2011
5:55 AM

Post #8826297

There was also a little pumpkin carving kit, and up toward the left top corner you can see the little ghosty earrings I got. I think those will be going to work with me- the only Halloween spirit I can wear with my uniform. Awesome!

And hey, look- the candy is still there!

Thumbnail by Schez

Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

September 27, 2011
5:57 AM

Post #8826304

Here's a better pic of the lilies, with their labels. I also got a cute little pumpkin, which is proudly seated beside my plants in the south-facing window of our house. It's officially fall once a pumpkin has taken up residence. :)

I'm going to have fun researching those lilies.

Thumbnail by Schez

Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

September 27, 2011
6:01 AM

Post #8826314

And here's the pic of the rooted lily, which already has a spot picked out for it. There's also a cute autumn-themed planter, which will be taking up residence in the office, where I can enjoy my fall plants as I write.

This pic also gives better detail of the ghost earrings, as well as shows the pumpkin bread mix I received. I'm thinking that's going to get made this weekend, to further ease me into the fall frame of mind. (Who knows? Maybe we'll actually get a decent fall up here this year, instead of summer *blink* winter.)

There's also a caramel apple off to the right side. Caramel apples are one of my absolute favorite parts of fall. There's just something inspired about the combination of a crisp, juicy apple paired with the sinfully decadent sugar rush of caramel. I'm making my mouth water as I write this. :P

Thumbnail by Schez

Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

September 27, 2011
6:03 AM

Post #8826315

Thank you so much for the gifts, Deejay! You seemed to be reading my mind for most of these. :D

It was the perfect thing to come home to after a long day at work and then a longer day at school. I opened the box and then just sat there inhaling the cinnamon smell.

Bliss!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 27, 2011
6:10 AM

Post #8826326

Schez, so glad you found your box before it was thrown away!
Love all the items Susie sent you! Her boxes always seem to make the recipient very happy!
Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

September 27, 2011
6:13 AM

Post #8826331

It certainly made me happy. I'm glad it didn't get tossed. I was going to school last night and my roommate said, "Oh, hey- I brought your box in from the garage. I thought it was recycling until I noticed it was heavy. It's in your room for when you get home tonight." Close call!
Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

September 27, 2011
6:23 AM

Post #8826342

According to Google, this is what one of my lilies will grow up to be. I can't wait!

Thumbnail by Schez

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2011
6:32 AM

Post #8826354

SCHEZ So Happy to Know that the Scented box had not over powered you :)) Sometimes My friend who makes that fall Possion seems to get carried away with it but love walking into her Garage where she blends them :)

I have never used the carving set but bought me a set to try this year . today I feel a little better so going to try to go get my straw bales
just got to wait for the rain clouds to pass over. as for the daylily that is called ""witches brew" did i tag it for you ???
here are what the decals will look like I Just got mine up so its a starts :)))

as for the apron Intended to sew it together for you but my sewing maching had been packed in a box for my move & I did not mark the box so hope you forgive me on that one .

well brother will be here soon we hope to get trim painted you all have a super day .
susie

Thumbnail by deejay9

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2011
6:34 AM

Post #8826359

yep that is landinii

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2011
6:39 AM

Post #8826364

this is Daylily " witches brew "

Thumbnail by deejay9

Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

September 27, 2011
7:23 AM

Post #8826420

That's gorgeous! I can't wait until it blooms!

I'll have fun breaking my new sewing machine in on the apron. Thanks again for everything! :)

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2011
7:25 AM

Post #8826422

Oooh!!!! Love all your treats! That lily is beeeyouteeful! :) Mmmmm i love fall. I have to get a few more items for my box then off it goes. Overtime i see one i think of more goodies i want to add! Lol
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2011
11:08 AM

Post #8826669

Way cool box! Love everything, in fact I have that very same towel and lilies...rofl. The carmel apple probably wouldn't have made it to take a pic ;) I didn't use to like them as a kid but my taste buds have sure changed. Wouldn't of thought of sending the apple, good idea deejay.

Great boxes coming in...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 27, 2011
12:56 PM

Post #8826766

My box is on the way! It should be there in about 3 days?
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2011
1:37 PM

Post #8826832

alright all you trick or treaters! I took today off and went out shopping for a couple of my swaps...I have one more thing to buy for my swap partners box and then it will go out...trying to get it out on Thursday but it may be Friday! Just have to remember to bring a box home from work for everything to fit in and off it will fly!

'mean old flower lady' debbie
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2011
3:54 AM

Post #8827464

Wow, great boxes so far!! Mine should arrive today or tomorrow I would imagine.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 28, 2011
4:39 AM

Post #8827482

Shez-lmbo-roommate and monkeys!

That is a wonderful box!!!!!!!! Susie did it again!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2011
7:50 AM

Post #8827701

Ok, my buddies package is coming in parts from different places...so my box will go out on shortly, the other two not real sure right now but hopefully they arrive after my box, so I can let you know they are coming...geez didn't mean to make this so confusing but in the same token just couldn't resist.

So if you get a box and are completely confused, dmail me and I will tell you if it was from me or not...rofl.

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2011
3:59 PM

Post #8828337

Alright! My box is almost ready to go! Just in case my buddy doesn't like it feel free to return to sender, and address to Dustin, he is very mad that the goodies i baked today and the candy i bought is going in the box. He got some of each... He's just not the best at sharing. Lol he even threatened to get an account so he can swap, because he says i am always getting treats from here and he wants some! Lol :)
Just a few finishing touches and off it goes!!!!
flowerchik1
Guyton, GA
(Zone 8b)

September 28, 2011
4:09 PM

Post #8828346

I ordered goodies for my swap box too. Hopefully they will hurry and get here, maybe I should have had them delivered directly to my swap buddy. Will be doing some more shopping tomorrow and creating creepy culinary goodies in the kitchen the first part of next week. The packages so far have been great!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2011
4:48 PM

Post #8828392

I Had to go out to find an outfit for a wedding this weekend & Wow I went into this place that all it was about was Holloween wonderfun fun stuff can I Have another partner to send to :)))) HEHE I would love to go back & Have a reason to shop but will have to wait till after the 3rd :)))

can hardly wait to see My box fly into here do i can decorate my new house with them. :))))
well you all have a great evening
susie
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2011
4:36 AM

Post #8828839

WOW! A HUGE THANK YOU to poisondartfrog for the awesome box that was waiting for me when I got home last night from work! I didn't get to open it until after my Master Gardener class was over at 9:00PM so I hurried home to check it out! Then when I got ready to post a picture and list everything, our internet connection was out! I will post a list of the box contents after I get to work and then post a picture this evening! Everything is awesome and I love it all!

Thanks!

Debbie
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 29, 2011
4:48 AM

Post #8828846

If my hands allow, I want to make some homemade goodies to go in my box. We'll see this weekend. I REALLY want to do that! I love homemade goodies. I'm like you Outlaw, my DH always gets into it. lol
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2011
9:40 AM

Post #8829207

I walked all the way in from the parking garage (2 1/2 blocks from my office) and forgot the dang list in the car! I'll have to post the list after I get home this evening...sometime after 7:00PM :(
But I can upload the pics at that same time! :)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 29, 2011
11:12 AM

Post #8829316

Wooohoooo...mailman just brought me my halloween box! Can't wait to open. Going to do that now!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 29, 2011
12:18 PM

Post #8829386

OK... here it is!!!!!!!!!! One TERRIFIC box from Jab...I LOVE it all !!!!!! Hit every nail on the head! ^_^

First out of the box was the spooky tree covered with bats, spiders and skulls. Next was the Raven complete with a black rose and skull necklace. Then the pumpkin jack-o-lantern with a battery operated flicker light. Inside were a bag of black tulips and nine, yes NINE, packets of black flowers. Columbine, daylilies and hollyhocks!!!! A "goulish" kitchen towel and mitt. ^_^ A pumpkin that says Come ye Thankful. A Scarecrow on a stick. (He is stuck in the Jack-o-Lantern. A package of 3 Fright Night tapes, a Trick or Treat sign and a lovely pumpkin pie scented candle. Plus a lovely Halloween card.

Thanks so much Jab...everything is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by Crit

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 29, 2011
12:28 PM

Post #8829392

Crit, that is a wonderful package of goodies!

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2011
12:33 PM

Post #8829404

Awesome!!!!! Ooh that jar-o-lantern is the cats pajamas!!! I may have to see if i can try to build one... Not sure it will look that good though! Lol
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2011
3:11 PM

Post #8829602

I'm very relieved you like the box!!! =0)

It was my first try doing a lantern and I had hoped it would turn out better but it frustrated me enough I didn't want to give it a second go 'round...lol. I had watched a you tube video and it looked so easy, but apparently I am too heavy handed because the paper kept crinkling or wanting to tear.

I hope you have great luck with the seeds!!! The squirrels have already dug up and ran off with my tulip bulbs...lol. Horrible little things are digging up the beds twice a day looking for tulips and tossing the daffodils around.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2011
3:54 PM

Post #8829646

Plant them in CHICKEN WIRE Cages Before you bury them . it dose work . i plant mine into POTs NOTHING Gets To them NOW.
& Then in the Spring I Hang IRISH Spring Soap Bars around my Gardens . Now I Can see Blooms Before I could not because of all the little critters .
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2011
4:23 PM

Post #8829682

My box was from poisondartfrog and it was full of awesome goodies!

First up is the standing 'pumpkin head bride (?) with witch hat...too cool!

Harvest stuffed fabric "Believe" door knob hanger
red silk leaves were scattered throughout the box...loved it!
yellow and orange two tone 50 strand of lights
ceramic leaf candy dish
candy jar with snickers, milkyway and 'creepy peepers' candy
Russell Stover Coconut Cream Chocolate Pumpkin
Russell Stover Caramel Chocolate Pumpkin
Halloween socks (I really like socks!)
Jar of homemade Black Raspberry Jam (gonna have to hide this from my hubby!)

and the plants/bulbs!
Eastern Prickly Pear Cactus
4 Daffodils-Orangery
6 Tulips-Candy Apple
7 Tulips-Exotic Emperor
Papaver-Black Dragon seeds (can't wait to see these next year!)
Daylily-Exotic Treasure
Daylily-Brown Witch
Daylily-Mal

WOW! What a box! I love it all! Thanks so much!

Debbie

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2011
4:24 PM

Post #8829685

and the rest of the box:

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2011
4:26 PM

Post #8829687

picture of the 'pumpkin head bride' (missed the feet on the first picture!)

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2011
4:27 PM

Post #8829688

And my nails since I just had them done for the Purdue/Notre Dame football game on Saturday...Go Purdue!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 29, 2011
4:31 PM

Post #8829698

Wow, another stuffed box of goodies! Great job!

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

September 29, 2011
5:32 PM

Post #8829785

Debbie,
I am glad it made it safely and that you like it. All of the boxes so far have been full of fun!
Alana

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2011
5:46 PM

Post #8829805

Awesome box and looove your nails!!!! Eeeee... So many fun things! I HAVE to mail my box there are now perishables inside but i really wanna keep looking for fun goodies!!! Everyone has such great stuff, and socks!!!! I'm pretty sure their a Halloween necessity! :)
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2011
5:51 PM

Post #8829813

Now to get my partner's box filled and to the PO tomorrow! I'm anxious to see how she likes it!

Off to watch a bit of tv before calling it a night...it's been a long week and I'm plum tuckered out!
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 29, 2011
6:08 PM

Post #8829830

oh wow what great boxes comming through
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2011
8:06 PM

Post #8829985

Just got home and DH said there is a box for you in my truck...so exciting. Every breakable thing arrived safe and sound and the box was PACKED full.
First thing look at the witches hat with green braids, I will wear that when I go tricker treating with my DGD, heck I might even wear it to work!
See the towel with the pumpkin on it, I love that one so much I had just bought one like it and wanted another but I refrained...so I am happy to have gotten another
Don't know how well you can see the hanging wooden pumpkins they are perfect for by the door and really really cute
Then garland with pumpkins on it, my DGD will have a ball helping me decorate with it
Then another great towel and it is funny with skeltons, love that
count not 1 but 2 pair of socks and they are sooooo soft
A great halloween color drip candle that will be so fun to light and watch
Skelton earings that look like they glow in the dark they are on top of the great
Halloween container which is really really nice
Then black flickering candles that I can't burn the house down with, thank you so much
A great card Why did the ghost get indigestion? He was goblin his treats! (thats my card)
16 feet of spider webbing
Really cute ghost I can put one of the candles in
Really cute pumpkin can put one of the candles in
A box of orange candles
A bag of candy, glad my nephew left for the weekend or he would of eaten them
Another candle holder which is metallic and way cool, that has fall leaves around the brim so I can keep it out a long time
Then the cutest darn spider candle holder, just too cute
Last but not least the two bags of black hollyhock seeds way cool

Linda this is a wonderful box and I am so darn lucky! Geehz just a great box.
I will be up all night trying to go to sleep, cause I will be playing with my stuff.
For once I can say thank you so much, no plants so it won't be bad luck! rofl.

Thumbnail by happgarden

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

September 30, 2011
5:08 AM

Post #8830191

A-W-E-S-O-M-E boxes gals!!!!!!!! So many terrific and imaginative goodies!!!!!! That black raspberry jam sound yummmmmm-my! I love raspberry jam. You gals are all set.

As this is my last day of work, I am hoping to get caught up on my swaps and gardening! Going to take some time off and draw my unemployment for a while. Thinking about possibly going back to school too. Would love to get some horticultural classes, etc.

Jab...I'm impressed that you MADE that jar jack-o-lantern!!! It looks PERFECT to me. If there are any creases,etc. on it, I didn't notice. Just gave it character I guess. ^_^ Can't wait to get my tulip bulbs in the ground!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 30, 2011
6:43 AM

Post #8830281

So glad everything arrived safe and sound! Hope you and Granddaughter enjoy the items!

Happy Birthday to Poisondartfrog/Alana...

Hope you have a great day!

Thumbnail by taters55

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

September 30, 2011
6:54 AM

Post #8830291

Happy Birthday Alana! Hope you have a great day today!

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 30, 2011
7:27 AM

Post #8830324

Woot!!!! Treats and birthdays! It's a good day!!!! :)
Happy happy happy birthday! :) hope it's spooktacular! ;)
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

September 30, 2011
7:31 AM

Post #8830329

Duhhhh, I think I forgot to say Taters sent me my box, I was just so darn happy with the box, and it was bursting at the seams. So much breakable stuff and it arrived in perfect shape. Love the towels they crack me up and can't wait to wear my hat and earrings, and I do think I am going to wear them to work, I think that will be fun. Soooo happy with the flicker candles cause I won't be able to burn down the house or anything... ;) Taters you must know me well... ;) I put some of my candy in the container you sent me and put it on the bar and hid the rest of the candy...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU DEAR POISONDARTFROG, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!
Just one question how in the world did you come up with the DG name Poisondartfrog? Have a great day everyone.

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

September 30, 2011
11:30 AM

Post #8830586

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I am having a grand day!
Alana

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 30, 2011
4:40 PM

Post #8830920

SOOOOO... My poor partner will receive her box soon! It went out today... I will say right now outloud, i forgot the socks... You can feel free to leave me negative feedback, LMBO i know, How can you forget the socks?! Doh... It's been a long week.
Just got done mulching and looked like the creature from the black lagoon! Showered and enjoying some coffee, now to relax and think about how much more mulch i need and how much i really want to move my whole garden around! Lol Anyone else ever look at their yard and think that?
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

September 30, 2011
5:48 PM

Post #8830982

Mine will go out tomorrow morning! (And I remembered the socks! hehehe). It's packed ready to go but I didn't make it to the PO before it closed this evening. This box won't fit in the 'drawer' for the self serve kiosk! I just hope I packed it good enough for no breakage! Can't wait for it to get to it's destination!

Yes outlaw! I look at my yard all the time and wonder what I can move where! My DD tells everyone that I know my plants but don't know where they are 'cause I move them every year! That is reallly stretching it but I do move things quite a bit. :)
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2011
5:12 AM

Post #8831374

Fall has come with gusto this year... wet and cold and blustery. I really need to try to clean up the garden and empty my pots, haul in my bric-a-brac and ornaments . Have to put in the garlic bed and a few more fall bulbs.

I also need to work on my halloween costume, too many ideas and I need to decide and just start...lol.

Happy belated birthday to PDF !!!!!!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2011

Post #8831452

Outlaw, I have been looking at one fo the gardens that I have not liked for let's see 15 years now! Every year I think if I add this maybe I will like it better, funny thing is I don't like it any better...rofl. Have decided next spring after the poppies bloom and I know where they are things are getting moved. It is the first garden I ever did and it just isn't right... I guess I am afraid I will lose the clematis but they may just have to be scarificed to the garden god.

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2011
8:02 AM

Post #8831556

Just sent my box on it's way...should be there I thought they said Tuesday...
Hope my buddy likes it.
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2011
9:09 AM

Post #8831633

My box went out this morning as well! Although I sent it via the kiosk because it would have taken an hour to get through with all the people that were there! I wonder why such a crowd???? Anyway it said it would take six days so I'm confused on that one! Let's hope it gets there quicker than that! I did delivery confirmation so I can track it's whereabouts! Can't wait for it to arrive!

Getting ready to head out for tailgating before the football game this evening...weather will be dry but cool...that would be chilly/cold in my book! 40's and we could have frost by early morning tomorrow! My pots are covered now since I won't get back until around midnight! Will have to get them to storage very soon! However the temps will be back in the 80's next week!

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2011
11:11 AM

Post #8831750

40's at night would be cold for me also. This time of the year is really hard on us that have to worry about frost and then 80 degrees. Love the 80's but plants covered, then the garden room windows are opened cause it is hot and then closed cause the furnance will come on...geehz...
Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

October 1, 2011
11:41 AM

Post #8831788

Mine goes out on Monday! I had to wait for my school overage check to pick up a few last things, but I'm satisfied with the results. Also, if I wait any longer the food will disappear before it gets to my swap buddy! :)
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2011
6:20 PM

Post #8832157

The flying monkeys were here and left TWO boxes today. Each box has a different return address, and neither box says anything inside, no identification...lol. So it's a spookalicious mystery who my swap buddy is.

I got a screaming door mat , that the old man absolutely is in love with. He lit up like a jack o'lantern ablaze when he heard it start to wail...lol. As I was chasing behind him saying don't put that on the floor I have to take a picture of it as he was stuffing it under the rug at the front door way... he was hoping to frighten the dog when he walked across the threshold. After this I don't think he will question why do I feel the need to do a swap...lol

Then the second box had a baggie with 3 bulbs in it. I'm not sure what they are, I was thinking maybe caladium but until someone confesses I have no true knowledge.

I send my THANKS and on with the pictures... =0)

Thumbnail by jab91864

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2011
6:50 PM

Post #8832177

38 here earlier this evening. Don't even wanna know what it is outside now. All wrapped up on the Couch, trying to avoid turning on the heat because of fuel prices. :(
not looking forward to the four letter s word lol i wish fall could last forever! :) i hope my buddy gets their box soon!!!! Especially case of the perishable goodies inside!

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2011
6:54 PM

Post #8832184

Oooh!!! :) i know who the flying monkey was. .. Should i tell or leave the mystery alive?! ;) i will tell you those aren't Caladium... :D
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
5:37 AM

Post #8832498

Surprise Jab, I am your flying monkey buddy...rofl. Those boxes are just the beginning and came off of ebay so I have no idea what they look like or work so I hope they are ok, there is another box heading your way straight from me and should be there Tuesday with the rest of your trick or treats... ;)

Those bulbs are my favorite plant and perfect for Halloween, those are VOODOO lilies...eeeeowwwhhhhhhh...they are not tropicals and suppose to be hardy to zone 5 or 6 depends on who you trust but I just leave mine in pots. Here is a great discussion about them along with photos. If you have any questions just yell. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1012149/

Don't forget more to come!

jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
5:39 AM

Post #8832503

Ok, I have to go back and look at the bulbs again...lol. But it was a good guess right??? Hhhhhmmmmm the mystery continues =0)

I feel your pain it's 36* here and it really sux, although it is suppose to be sunny today and eventually get to 61*

I am going to drive over an hour to go to the Halloween superstore, I need better teeth for my outfit.
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
5:42 AM

Post #8832506

We cross typed, lol

They are great!!. The mat is a hit here!!! And I love plants and the name is definitely intriguing.

Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!!

VooDoo , I will definitely have to check those out. Pots it will be , best to be safe.

Ooooooooooooooooo another box , and more flying monkeys... =0)

Thank you , off to check the link

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
5:59 AM

Post #8832519

Happ When you Pot them do you also PUT Them down into the Grow & Cover with MULCH or Straw ??? I Have wanted to try them
again for the 1st ones i had did not make it through the winter maybe I Planted to late ???

We had a VERY VERY Heavy Frost this morning . My tomatos will be frozen so i can just put them into baggies :) HEHE
Well guess get my Long Johns on & Go get the critters fed & watered back later .
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011

Post #8832523

Great guess on the bulbs Jab cause they do look like caladiums, but in my humble opinion these are way cooler...rofl.
To follow the halloween theme when they get old and big enough to bloom they smell like rotting meat because flies pollinate them. I just gave a talk on them a month or so ago. Once they are big enough to bloom they will not put on a leaflet at all, just the bloom, sort of like a surprise lily. The bloom is something else I imagine, mine have not bloomed yet, which I am not sure that I want them to...rofl. This is the second year for mine and it is a good 4 feet tall and has not gone dormant yet. I have 3 pups growing off the side but since it is still growing I couldnt send you one of mine. Hope you like it. I think it is so much fun.

Glad the mat works, you know buying off ebay you never know... ;)

Editted for deejay: I don't leave mine outside. I just let it go dormant and sit the pot over in the corner of the garden room. Actually this year I forgot about it and then about the end of June I spotted it and it had grown already about a foot tall. Go to that link it has some great people much more knowledgeable than me talking about them.

This message was edited Oct 2, 2011 7:04 AM
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011

Post #8832542

Ok, reading was sort of creeping me out...lol. I kept thinking what if I pot it up and it reeks like rotting flesh but it sounds like maybe that could take a long while, it's a relief to hear yours has not bloomed yet...lol.

Can I pot them up now or should I wait until spring ? My computer room acts as my "hobby" room. We have the larger aquarium and my African grey in there along with a reflective plant stand that I use for all my seed starting. I think I am going to move my fig tree in there too... freeze came early just as it was putting on figs and I had to bring it in the house =0(

Definitely in the Halloween theme, thank you. Very exotic. Reading there seem to be so many subspecies etc...

I know what you mean about Ebay but to be honest I shop there quite a bit and have only had a couple disappointments along the way. It's part of being rural there is not a whole lot here to pick from when you want to shop or need something, very frustrating.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
1:05 PM

Post #8833032

Just got back from a car show, beautiful perfect day for it. Lots of cars were there and lots of friends I haven't seen in awhile.

Jab, I think the first year I had voodoo lily it must of sit around waiting on me to do something with it. I probably planted it early spring and watered it not knowing any different, but here is my suggestion. I would put it in a pot mark it and wait until you see growth out the top and water then. In that thread I pointed you to someone said, "Happ-do not water when it is dormant, that is when you will have issues with rot. The new leaf/flower will start to grow when the plant is ready, that is when you start watering again." I know last winter after it died back I repotted it in a bigger pot, (I read somewhere the pot should be 5* the size of the bulb) and waited for growth before I started watering and put it outside. I am by no means an expert. Your voodoo lily is suppose to be a Dracunculus vulgaris (how is that for a name, really makes you want the plant...rofl) course buying off ebay there are no promises, but that is what they were advertised to be.

Have to mention I also have a fig tree and it grows indoors all winter and produces figs, and I use to have an African Grey parrot, he was such a sweetie.

jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
3:56 PM

Post #8833224

Thank you for the tips Happ!!! I was torn between potting it and I had read just keeping it in a brown bag over winter so I think I will pot it up.

I bought the fig tree this year on a whim from Edible Landscapes and have to say the twig that arrived was not impressive, but boy was it healthy and started to grow remarkably well in the pot I put it in. I was shocked to see how much it grew and that it was putting on figs within months of buying it. The weather just turned so suddenly I know it is missing the days out in the sun. So is my grey, he loves to spend the warm days in his outdoor cage.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
5:26 PM

Post #8833336

My DJ Loves The outdoors also he is 14yrs old Have had him since JULY 30 th 1997 Right now he is with a friend for daddy cannot take his JIBBER:) Once I'm In My New home I Can get him back & Let me tell ya it is going to be so good to have him back I Have missed him so much
Yes I have a cage for him outside also but some days i just let him walk the deck when i'm working out there :)

Also Did I Mention to whom has My Name I cannot do candles But I LOVE any potpourri For my Little pots :)
could use Dish towels Love ROOSTERS,TURKEYS, Peacocks, SCARECROWS ,

just got daddy into bed so going to go play in the new house :))))
you all have a great eve
susie

Thumbnail by deejay9

lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 2, 2011
5:46 PM

Post #8833371

omg deejay, my sil has one of those he is the worst potty mouth on the planet lol
we die laughing at him.
he drives her nuts if she go's in another room he asks where are you?
then she yells at him shut up i'm napping its too comical his name is thunder.

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
6:06 PM

Post #8833386

Ha!!! That sounds so funny. :) i think i am getting over my fear of birds, that one is cute!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
9:12 PM

Post #8833624

Mine could laugh just like me. Use to drive DH crazy cause he would think I was in the house cause he could hear me laughing...rofl. We have a molucaan cockatoo at work (hope I spelled that correctly). She is beautiful but in an office I am not sure it works too well. One time someone was there for a tour and ask me if she could talk, I paused then said, I guess not because I am still employeed. They just looked at me so stupid...rofl.

I didn't know you had one deejay...I am so glad you can get yours back, that will be great.
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 3, 2011
4:52 AM

Post #8833876

Dobbie is 7 and I have had him since he was weaned off of formula.

He loves being outside but doesn't like to be out in the open (uncovered). I use to take him into the garden but he was always nervous and watched the sky too much for predators. I have a large cage on the deck and have a solid top on it so he goes out and suns all day , weather permitting of course. I padlock his cage because he is a terrible escape artist.

I'm the only person he loves and some days I wonder about that...lol.

This is him getting a jalapeno from the garden in his outdoor cage last month...

Thumbnail by jab91864

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 3, 2011
5:16 AM

Post #8833890

Yeah they are worry warts for sure and amazing how they know strangers. Mine use to be in the far edge of the dining room and next to the wall phone (before wireless phones) and he had us trained when the phone would ring we would give him a cookie to keep him quiet...well you know the rest of the story, don't ever answer the phone without a cookie! LOL.

Suppose to be 80 and a beautiful day, wish I didn't have to go to work!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 3, 2011
6:16 AM

Post #8833985

My DG Dose not cuss or i should say he never did in MY HOME ,He also would say HELLO Before the Phone would ring it was as he Knew it was going to ring before it rang. well i have two boxes to get packed today so you all have a great day
susie
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 3, 2011
1:06 PM

Post #8834515

Oh Oh Oh Oh!!! Look at all the pressies!!! I love this time of year!

I meant to get mine out in the mail today and I forgot it at home, so it will go out tomorrow, I PROMISE!!!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 3, 2011
5:17 PM

Post #8834860

I Got A Fantastic "SPOOKIE" & Cool Box Today When I Got home but could not open it till tonight & I'm Beat It has been a very hard day . I Packed 2 boxes of Plants to ship , went to town to ship them out while my brother was working on my new place went picked up a few Grocieries came home found daddy on the floor He's fine we had him checked out took 4 hrs in ER.

Came had to put all My Plants back into the House Just finished with that so I Hope it will be ok If I Take PHOTOS In The Morning when it is Lighter in here . My Camera has no flash. well i got to get some sleep daddy will have me up most the night ,
Good night all .
susie
THANK YOU PARTNER I WILL EXSPOSE YOU TOMORROW .

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 3, 2011
6:13 PM

Post #8834958

Wow Susie, sorry to hear about that, so glad he's ok. And glad to hear you got a nice surprise when you got home too. Sounds like you had a rough day, hope you get to relax and have a good night playing with all your new goodies. :)

Just a reminder for all the swappers who haven't sent out boxes the deadline is the 5th, lets try to get them all out by the end of the week. If not I'll send the flying monkeys after you!!! >:)
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 3, 2011
6:25 PM

Post #8834973

Well the flying monkeys came back today while I was at work. Happ you sure hit it on the head, I love, love , love the gifts you have sent.

To re-cap we had the screaming halloween welcome mat and the voodoo lily bulbs. Today I got a box with awesome skull cups, halloween skull socks, a raven pumpkin, a black candle, a garden/plant marker stake, spookalicious dish towel set, halloween napkins (2 kinds) a huge iris (Devils Riot), a devil rubber duck...sooo cute, and a set of horns =0)

I love the box!!! It was great to come home from work and find it waiting for me!!!!

Thank you so much =0)

Thumbnail by jab91864

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 3, 2011
7:47 PM

Post #8835085

Great box jab!!!!! Awesome items. I still can't wait to hear about this voodoo lily when it blooms!!!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 3, 2011
8:49 PM

Post #8835142

Glad you like it jab, and glad all arrived safely...I was afraid the raven pumpking might get broken...

I don't know about you jab, but I can wait and don't really care if my voodoo lily ever blooms...rofl. You will love the leaflet tho, they look so tropical and cool.

Happy Halloween!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 4, 2011
4:54 AM

Post #8835336

GM all where to START But IN THE GARDEN :) With my really Great Box Of GOODIES
I got A Japanese Iris "CRY OF REJOICE
A INDOOR SPIDER PLANT :)
& A OUTDOOR SPIDER PLANT " RED CLOUD"

Sure look forward to all these great plants ty

Thumbnail by deejay9

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 4, 2011
5:01 AM

Post #8835341

For My "NEW HOME" In My Kitchen will go all these goodies :)
wire basket Filled with a
Cute Crocheted Pumpkin "DISH CLOTH
2 Clycerin Soap Bars
Jar Of Country Apple Scent

& A Tube Of LIPBALM For my "PURSE" :) & The Cutest Little Teddy

Thumbnail by deejay9

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 4, 2011
5:05 AM

Post #8835346

& For HANGING AROUND THE NEW HOME I HAVE "
An Autumn Greetings sign
Windsock
Spookie wreath so cute Love them all will show & Tell when i can get them up :) Soon I Hope .
ty ty ty

Thumbnail by deejay9

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 4, 2011
5:08 AM

Post #8835351

Now For the New LIVINGROOM I Have "ENTERTAINMENT"

2 "SPOOKY Movies

Thumbnail by deejay9

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 4, 2011
5:15 AM

Post #8835359

& While watching the Movies I Have Snacks
A JAR OF HOME MADE " SQUASH COOKIES" & RECIPE CARD FOR MORE IF I RUN OUT :)
A CAN COOLER WRAP Filled With Reeses "PEANUT BUTTER PUMPKIN & HERSHEY"S Bars

Thumbnail by deejay9

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 4, 2011
5:18 AM

Post #8835362

Susie, your box must have been packed! Those cookies sound really good! Love all those decorations!
Who sent you your goodies?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 4, 2011
5:19 AM

Post #8835364

How is your Dad doing today?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 4, 2011
5:22 AM

Post #8835370

& LAST PICTURE BESIDE THE VERY NICE CARD Was

2 of the cutest "PUMPKINS" & " A CAST IRON OWL"
& A HOMER SIMPSON CRITTER FROM BURGER KING DRESSED IN A HOLLOWEEN OUT FIT
MY LITTLE ZOEY Wants Him & The Candy & Movies but i told her she had to wait :)

& I CANNOT FORGET THE BLACK FISHNET SPIDER WEB THAT I LOVE ALSO
thank you partner for a very nice swap & Many many More to come .
susie

Thumbnail by deejay9

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 4, 2011
5:27 AM

Post #8835375

OH Sorry the box was from our HOSTESS With the MOSTEST " OUTLAWHEART" / KELLY

Daddy slept through the night Guess all the testing , proding & Poking wore him out He is still sleeping so better go wake him so i can get my day started :) They found nothing wrong Witch is good .

he must have just got a head rush or lost his balance. he has been getting mor & More confused these past few weeks
well you all have a great day going to be in the 70's here hope to get lots done :)
susie
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 4, 2011
5:40 AM

Post #8835390

Glad your Dad is doing good and happy for you that he and you got to sleep thru the night.
Great box, everyone is sending such interesting things, Spider plant now why didn't I think of that...rofl.
Suppose to be close to 90 today wowzer! Fine with me I don't want to see winter... ;)

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 4, 2011
7:11 AM

Post #8835510

Boooo! So excited that you liked it all!!! :) i'm glad everything arrived safely. I forgot to say that the flowers are all cleaned with new dirt (miracle grow) i didn't want to scare them half to death. The spider plant for indoors was given to me my my step mom when i got my apartment, she was given it when she got her first house, now it's gone wild in my first new house, so it's a lucky "new home" spider. :) since i work at Bk i just had to send you scratch the cat. He was so cute, but i didn't think the rest of the kids meal would travel well! LMBO :D
also that is a certified dg recipe originally posted by pixie62...numbers i can't recall. :)

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 5, 2011
7:14 AM

Post #8836876

Today is the unDEAD line for boxes! Pleas try and get out your packages today, if there are any issues pleas contact me so i can let your partners know. :)

Here's chance with a new spooky baby. He's ready for Halloween!

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 5, 2011
1:02 PM

Post #8837242

Chance is a cutie and has his mask on for halloween... ;) You are a strong woman taking on a puppy...don't know I could do that again...

I have been turning on my battery operated candles I got in the swap and they are too cool. They just flicker and go on and have been running forever. I didn't think they would last long. I put one in small ceramic pumpkins mouth and it flickers enough you can see it. They are really nice. We left the house and I forgot and left one on and didn't worry about burning the house down and altho it ran for several hours it is still going, must have an energzier bunny in that candle...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 5, 2011
2:05 PM

Post #8837325

^_^

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 5, 2011
3:03 PM

Post #8837390

Lol, puppy is grounded today he ran off up the road to visit his grama and drive her dogs crazy. Lol i never thought we'd be having a puppy so soon after my senior citizen coon hound passed. But i love this little monster.

jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 5, 2011
4:38 PM

Post #8837481

I took this last night, my two dogs look like they are begging for their turn to wear the devil horns Happ sent...lol.

Thumbnail by jab91864

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 5, 2011
5:39 PM

Post #8837553

Ha!!!! That's so great!!!! What a nice picture.
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 6, 2011

Post #8838078

[quote="irisluvr0252"]My box went out this morning as well! Although I sent it via the kiosk because it would have taken an hour to get through with all the people that were there! I wonder why such a crowd???? Anyway it said it would take six days so I'm confused on that one! Let's hope it gets there quicker than that! I did delivery confirmation so I can track it's whereabouts! Can't wait for it to arrive!

[/quote]

Just wanted everyone to know that my box was mailed but the PO said it would take 6 days so it should arrive tomorrow to its destination!

Just checked the delivery confirmation and it is in the destination state so it should be delivered shortly.

This message was edited Oct 6, 2011 8:03 AM

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 6, 2011
7:24 AM

Post #8838168

Yay!!!!! :) the flying monkeys are on their way!
Lol
frost on the pumpkins here this morning! Hope everyone is staying warm!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 6, 2011
9:16 AM

Post #8838289

was 81 and sunshine here yesterday...40's/50's in the mornings then 70's/80's daytime. This week has been perfect for working in the gardens...but I haven't had a chance after work to do anything :(

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 6, 2011
12:32 PM

Post #8838458

I have so many hydrangeas i still have to plant and mulch before winter! Ugh... A gardeners work is never done! Lol
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 6, 2011
12:36 PM

Post #8838461

Now that headband fits him just perfect, except he looks like a little angel!

irisluvr, you weather and time sound just like mine. My cherry tomatoes are producing like crazy. I need to get gardens wrapped up this weekend because we will get cold and it will be all of a sudden. A ton of plants didn't get planted so I am going to over winter them again...yes I did say again...how bad is that.
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 6, 2011
2:50 PM

Post #8838638

Happ, my goal was to not have any plants in those plastic pots this fall...didn't make it and I won't! Maybe next year! Summer just goes way too fast and things fall behind. At least I'm close to having the yard cut and looking good before winter!
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 6, 2011
7:02 PM

Post #8838937

omg debbie (irisluvr)
hugs hugs and hugs just got home dh cooking dinner i'll be back with pictures you have outdone yourself!!!!
i love everything will be back shortly
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 7, 2011
4:27 AM

Post #8839226

ok here is the first all kind of bulbs and seeds so cool

now i have a insentive to put my mini greenhouse to use lol
look at the pumpkin seed it is the most unusual love it! and the gourd wow too cool
all the bulbs are so pretty i cant wait to see them bloom.

This message was edited Oct 7, 2011 3:34 AM

Thumbnail by lizrainey

lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 7, 2011
4:29 AM

Post #8839227

and the next
look at the candy pumpkin dispencer how cute is that!
the flag, sox and hanging bat and spider.

This message was edited Oct 7, 2011 3:37 AM

Thumbnail by lizrainey

lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 7, 2011
4:30 AM

Post #8839228

and another sorry forgot to fix pic lol
look at the wooden cat isn't it cute omg and there is more
fabulous scented candle autumn pumpkin and look at the night light omg
you would never guess i was excited would you.

This message was edited Oct 7, 2011 3:41 AM

Thumbnail by lizrainey

lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 7, 2011
4:31 AM

Post #8839229

and more, i cant wait to make the sandwich cookies, and godiva coffee tripple yumm its pumpkin spice and look at the towels are they too cute!!!!

This message was edited Oct 7, 2011 3:44 AM

Thumbnail by lizrainey

lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 7, 2011
4:32 AM

Post #8839232

and one more, omg this coffin is wooden i love the polka dots it is perfect and look at all the goodies one of my favorites is 5th ave bar and all the other candy omg fabulous box Debbie thank you so much you out did yourself i love everything, funny dh was hoovering over me saying wow all that in the box, personally i think he was scoping out the candy lol

This message was edited Oct 7, 2011 3:49 AM

Thumbnail by lizrainey

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 7, 2011
5:36 AM

Post #8839279

Liz, you keep posting pictures, I think she learned to pack a box like you do!!! Love all the goodies you got. Did she pack the ciggies for a smoke affect? LOL! Nice job Debbie!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 7, 2011
5:39 AM

Post #8839280

liz you sure hit the jackpot or pumpkinpot on that one...wowzer. That is some great stuff. I saw that coffin when I was out shopping and thought that was awful cute. Love the plants, actually all of that is way cool.

Debbie, my goal every year has been not to have plants in plastic pots and I truely think they breed over the winter, cause it just seems to get bigger and bigger and bigger...rofl. I have done pretty good staying away from the sales. I have got to get things planted, and new gardens done, and old ones cleaned and rearranged which I am guessing will take lets see another 5 years or so, if I don't do anything new...rofl. Speaking of that look at the beginning of my pergola...rofl...so much for a 5 year plan...LOL
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 7, 2011
5:48 AM

Post #8839294

LK lol sounds like betty was telling you about that, i'll do a better job to hide them next time roflol
nothing like getting caught again on film.

omg packed perfect nothing broken and with that im going to smoke lol

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 7, 2011
5:52 AM

Post #8839302

I'll join you in that smoke break! LOL!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 7, 2011

Post #8839323

BE Careful Ladies Those Cigs Can Put the Nail In The COFFIN But Light Your Life I Quite Back in 2000 But Still another day closer to the coffin anyway :) HEHE When its time its Time RIGHT ???? We can ONLY Live ONCE.

Great Boxes all .
susie
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 7, 2011
6:57 AM

Post #8839363

Liz: Glad you like everything! I was afraid something would get broken but I see it all arrived perfectly!
The iris were dry but I think if you soak them for 30 minutes or so and then get them planted, they should be ok.

I had to get it in the mail before I didn't have a box big enough to send it in! I loved picking up stuff for this swap! It was a lot of fun! I will be watching for the 'after' holiday sales so I can stock up for next year's swap!

Thanks Outlaw for hosting this one...this has been a lot of fun!

Debbie

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 7, 2011
7:39 AM

Post #8839411

Eeeeek!!!!! I love it all! Wow iris! Great job on that box! Can i have a do over?! Lol i forgot socks and coffee! Doh!
On a smoke break at work. Lol yay lunch time! Back on the clock all pumped up and coffee high thinking of Halloween! :) "it's gonna be a good day tatter"- Ron white lol
candles4u
Mount Vernon, IL

October 7, 2011
11:28 AM

Post #8839652

Ooooo! I got my box! Lol super cute beanie baby ghost and bat, my 1 year old girly snagged those right away! Super awesome light up ghosts for outside they are going in the bushes! And multi color lights! Perfect! Thanks Crissy! My buddies box goes in the mail monday, so watch for it next week!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 7, 2011
1:22 PM

Post #8839789

Candles, do you have any pictures? We would love to see what you got!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 7, 2011
1:27 PM

Post #8839796

Just dropping in to look at your hallopween goodies...so many 'pretties'. You made out like a bandit Liz...

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 7, 2011
5:15 PM

Post #8840068

Yes pics please!!!!! :)

betty you should have joinefin! Next year maybe? :)
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2011
6:56 PM

Post #8840261

You're welcome Candles, so glad you liked your goodies!!!!
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 8, 2011
2:37 AM

Post #8840455

Great boxes all around, very good swap!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 8, 2011
5:44 AM

Post #8840519

PIC"S Please Sounds Like a great Box .
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 8, 2011
11:29 AM

Post #8840847

Ok so next year is the halloween swap manditory socks...rofl! how funny.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 8, 2011
12:13 PM

Post #8840886

Well then put me down for next year because I just love spunky socks.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 8, 2011
5:14 PM

Post #8841174

SCHEZ!!! Thank you so much for the goodies I got today!!!! OMG I love everything!!!

I'll show y'all pics on Monday, my USB cord for my camera is at work.
Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

October 9, 2011
6:20 AM

Post #8841750

I hope the plant made it. I was worried about the little guy. :)
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2011
6:27 AM

Post #8841760

Went to see my DGD and she is going to be a cowgirl for halloween. First time I had ever heard her say anything about wanting to be a cowgirl, but when I saw the costume I knew why, it had a bright sparkley pink hat...rofl. Course this isnt what I thought of when I think of cowgirls. The skirt has a denium top about a quarter of the way down with pink tutu material the rest of the way. Times they are a changing...rofl.
Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

October 9, 2011

Post #8841768

Guess I could dress up in my "cowgirl" outfit for Halloween, too: Faded, holey jeans; oversize t-shirt; work gloves in my back pocket; a baseball cap that smells like horse sweat and dirt... :P

Times, they are a-changin' indeed. :D
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2011
6:41 AM

Post #8841777

Schez, guess that is more along what I was thinking without the horse sweat don't want to be that real, tutu wasn't what came to mine. So the next time you go out to work with the horses, grab your tutu and your pink hat, oh yeah her Mom found brown boots with pink hearts on them...;) Course you might scare the horses to death...rofl.
Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

October 9, 2011
6:46 AM

Post #8841780

I had a horse who might've liked a tutu. He always was one for dressing up... :D

Thumbnail by Schez

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2011
6:55 AM

Post #8841791

Too cute...rofl.
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2011
11:30 AM

Post #8842130

Froggiesgirl has opened an interest thread for a Thanksgiving Swap...check it out!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1224241/
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 9, 2011
6:23 PM

Post #8842586

When my DGD's were down last weekend, they asked me where their cowgirl hats were I was going to get them. I TOTALLY forgot about that so told them we would get them next time they were down, because they needed to be with me to get the right fit. I keep telling them they are real cowgirls now because they have both had their own little spills off the mini donkey. lol

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 9, 2011
6:24 PM

Post #8842589

one more

Thumbnail by Crit

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2011
6:47 PM

Post #8842637

Aww! So cute!!! Those cowgirls are the real deal. :)
In The second picture the horse (you?) are riding is cracking me up with it's sideways look at the camera. Lol

here's my aunts dog ginger in her spider costume. Lol she looks more like a tick i think. Lol

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2011
8:25 PM

Post #8842768

Ahh, Crit the girls are cuties. My DGD would have a heart attack at the site of a real horse probably. She is a little unsure of Sam our 120 # black lab...

I agree the dog looks like a tick ;) Pretty cute tho. Maybe I will dress our lab up as a black and white cow or maybe a dinosaur...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 10, 2011
6:49 AM

Post #8843216

Ya, Babe wasn't too thrilled about stopping to take pictures. She was wanting to GO, not stand still. She loves to go riding.

Breanna was pretty tickled she got to 'ride the big horse by herself'. ^_^ Of course, I was leading her but had the reins where she could hold them. Buddy is a pretty laid back boy.

The spider/tick is adorable! lol
Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

October 10, 2011
1:49 PM

Post #8843737

Buddy has a gorgeous head. And the sorrel in the first pic is beautiful. Makes me miss my boys... :(

Agree with the others... the tick puppy is cute. Kind of ironic, isn't it? Usually we medicate for that... :P

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 10, 2011
7:26 PM

Post #8844238

Lol very true! I better get them some advantage! ;)
I would love to have horses. Hubby says they're just potlickers though. Lol we have friends with horses though so i hope to hang out there and get to ride someday.

Hey! Check out the pumpkin my cousin made!!!!! He's so creative!!! I am blown away by how cool this is. Just had to share!

jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 11, 2011
4:28 AM

Post #8844633

That is awesome!!! I wish I had that kind of talent and the patience it would take to do it...lol

My sister says she hopes to take her pumpkin carving to a new level this year.

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 11, 2011
7:23 AM

Post #8844825

Since i have so many pumpkins this year i plan to try some "advanced carving" LMBO this way if i mess up i can just try, try again! Lol
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 11, 2011
6:45 PM

Post #8845626

Thank you Schez. I usually don't like sorrels but she is pretty. My husband has such imagination when it comes to names. He named her 'Red'. lol I have one more, Frisky, who has come down with colic. I've never had a horse get colic before. The other 3 are fine. Walked her diwn the road 1/2 mile and back. I couldn't walk anymore. So saddled up Buddy and took her on 2 more walks befor dark. After spending $500 on my Polly dog and having her die (not the vets fault) I hate to line the vets pockets again.

Buddy is a real proud walker. He is real smooth and arches his neck. So pretty. Babe holds her head level with her withers, like a good Quarter Horse/cow pony.

Thumbnail by Crit

Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

October 12, 2011
1:56 AM

Post #8845864

Colic is never fun. My Arab gelding came down with it from a bad batch of Senior feed when he was 36. I thought it was the end for him. We walked him and walked him. He made it through and gave us this look like, "You don't think I made it to 36 by letting a little upset tummy mess me up, did ya?" He was such an awesome horse.

I'm usually not a sorrel person either... and I wasn't a quarter horse fan. Until I met Sundee. He changed my mind on both counts. :D

Thumbnail by Schez

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 13, 2011
4:26 PM

Post #8847944

Well, a trip to the vet and $300 later, he sent me home with a whole bag full of syringes full of medicine to give her over the next 6 days, but at least I think she will be OK. She had done something to her legs over the last few days and it is all swollen and she is running a fever, in addition to a touch of colic. After he treated her and gave her some meds, she was nibbling on some grass. Sonce I got her home 2 1/2 hours ago, she had nibbled on some hay and grain and drank water (which she was doing some anyway). Not lying down as much. I'm so glad she is feeling better!

Sundee is a pretty boy!

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 13, 2011
7:19 PM

Post #8848128

Awwww. Hope she's feeling better soon Crit. :( nothing is worse than sick animals.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 13, 2011
7:53 PM

Post #8848163

Thanks! I appreciate it
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 14, 2011
4:32 AM

Post #8848426

Aaaaawwwwww Crit hope Frisky is feeling better, it can be so stressful when the babies get ill.

Such beautiful horse pics thank you to everyone for sharing!!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 14, 2011

Post #8848468

Thanks!!!

Remember froggies Thanksgiving swap:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1224241/
Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

October 14, 2011
5:25 AM

Post #8848473

It's so scary when one of your furbabies is ill; they can't tell you where it hurts, they just look at you like, "Fix it, Mom, please?" Colic is so scary because it's a waiting game.

I'm glad to hear that she's doing better. And that she won't need surgery for a kinked gut.

Crissy, how's the plant working out for ya? Mine just put out blooms. Looks like I'll have baby stones in another month or so. :)

Outlaw, that is some crazy detail going on with that pumpkin. Your cousin should sell jack-o-lanterns for Halloween- I bet he'd make a fortune!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 14, 2011
5:28 AM

Post #8848478

Oh Crit, I feel for you, I know you feel awful for your baby being sick and want her well and sounds like us, I am sure I have put vets children thru college and I am now starting on the grandchildren, one week of Christmas years ago I rescued a black lab that was hit by a car, 2 back surgerys later, glad my vet likes me..lol... Never had a pet bigger than me, several dogs close..like Sam at 120 lb black lab but when I am standing by a horse the size just amazes me. Just glad DH and I don't find them dumped along side the road, altho I have a friend that took in 2 horses from a rescue thing.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 14, 2011
5:33 AM

Post #8848488

Schez, she's not out of the woods yet. I'm worried about a twisted gut the way she was rolling. As soon as I see her poop I'll know that isn't an issue. He gave her a drench of mineral oil and water to try to help the blockage go on through.
Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

October 14, 2011
5:40 AM

Post #8848497

My Mom's gelding died from a twisted gut after he cast himself in his pen. He was up, down, up, down continually and moaning. He wasn't interested in food, water, anything. Hopefully since she's eating and drinking she'll be alright.

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this right now. :(
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 14, 2011
5:44 AM

Post #8848501

Oh Crit, I thought with the medicine she would be fine. Since I know nothing about horses, their intestines get twisted? OMG that would be horrible.

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

October 16, 2011

Post #8850692

I got a fantastic box from flowerchik1 yesterday! I only had time for a quick perusal before going out, but everything was great. When I get home I'll post the photo that I took of my loot with a list of all of the cool stuff inside. For now, I will just say that the elegant black pot with the spider plant was my favorite non-edible. The yummy homemade cookies traveled with me and are sadly all gone now. My sister grabbed the pumpkin bread and took off like she was the quarterback protecting the football, lol, but I will recover what's left this afternoon when I stop by her house. I am going to use every thoughtful item I received and I can't wait for my little grand daughter Allie to see how pretty everything looks.
Thank you so much! I am very pleased with my spooky Halloween box.
Alana
Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

October 16, 2011
5:42 AM

Post #8850703

Crit, how is your mare doing? I've been thinking about you all weekend.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 16, 2011
7:31 AM

Post #8850794

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1224241/#top

Ladies, there is also a Thanksgiving swap going on. It closes next week. Take a look please?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 16, 2011
5:04 PM

Post #8851569

Well Schez... thanks for asking, but I lost her yesterday afternoon. She started getting real bloated so I called the vet, and before I could get her into the trailer to take her in. I lost her. He said with the bloating it was probably a twisted gut. At least now she is out of pain. RIP dear Frisky!

The flying monkey's came and took my buddies box away. It should land on her doorstep on Wednesday!

Thumbnail by Crit

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 16, 2011
5:31 PM

Post #8851606

Oh crit! i'm so sorry dear. I know you've been through so much loss this year. My thoughts and prayers are with you. you've got some extra special ghosts to haunt your house this Halloween night.

*edit* Ok, where is the rest of my post?!
Here we go again...
Found this at dollar general today! Lol what are riddens?! Lol i'm a horrible speller myself i just thought this was funny.

This message was edited Oct 16, 2011 10:14 PM

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 16, 2011
7:06 PM

Post #8851735

Thanks outlaw. Yes, I will have some 'friendly ghosts' around here. Polly and Frisky.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 16, 2011
8:35 PM

Post #8851877

Crit, I feel sad for both of you, I know friskie will miss you also.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 17, 2011
3:08 AM

Post #8852053

Good riddens is what you say to someone that you don't want to see again.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/good-riddance.html
Riddance' is now so completely associated with this little phrase that it is rarely, if ever, seen out alone. The only sort of riddance on offer these days is a good one. It wasn't always thus. In the 16th century a riddance was a general-purpose noun and meant 'deliverance from' or 'getting rid of'.
Schez
Sioux Falls, SD

October 17, 2011
6:31 AM

Post #8852237

Oh, Crit. I'm so sorry. I know both the people and the pets will miss her. It's so easy for a horse to become family and losing them hurts so bad. My thoughts are with you and yours this week.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2011
6:57 AM

Post #8852303

Interesting LK. Thanks
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2011
7:00 AM

Post #8852308

TY Schez
flowerchik1
Guyton, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 17, 2011
10:03 AM

Post #8852571

Hope my swap buddy got her package in decent shape. The post office confirmation said that it was delivered Saturday afternoon. My daughter was supposed to take care of it since I was heading out of town, she fell a little behind getting out. Buddy please let me know if your baked goodies are stale. I love to bake and won't mind sending some replacements.

Crit, I am sorry about your horse. They are such majestic and intelligent creatures.

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2011
1:16 PM

Post #8852857

Hi flowerchik1, I posted on Saturday above that I received my box, and I love it. I just have not posted an itemized list yet, or a photo, but I plan to later tonight if I can. My son is getting married this weekend and I am doing a lot of work for that. Time is something I am a little short on, but I will get caught up soon.
Alana.
flowerchik1
Guyton, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 17, 2011
1:32 PM

Post #8852873

Good forgive my blindness LOL! I hope things weren't too stale. You just gotta love teenagers! Good luck this weekend.

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 17, 2011
6:45 PM

Post #8853363

Lol taters thanks for that! I thought it was just a big type-0!
Glad to see some swaps going on, lets see pics!!!
And wedding pics! Love fall weddings contracts to your boy, poison dart frog. :) best wishes.
Crit i was thinking of you on my way passed the horse farm on my commute home from the new job. Hope you are well.

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

October 18, 2011
5:06 AM

Post #8853704

Thank for the well wishes. This is our second family wedding this year.
Now I can't find the USB cord for my camera, but I promise to post pictures as soon as I find it.
Here is the list of cool contents, however.
I loved the Coffin, now on my breakfast table, that held spooky seeds of Halloween Pansy, Dark Opal Basil, Black Prince Snapdragon, Boy Midnight Centaurea and Black Hollyhocks.
Next was a pretty black grapevine pumpkin adorned with sparkles and orange berries.
There was also a Pumpkin Pie scented candle and some matching votive candles, a bag of Pumpkin Spice potpourri to keep the theme going, and some pumpkin bread-homemade!!!
There were two hand towels, one black and one orange, a pail of chocolate covered cashews (wowsers), homemade peanut butter cookies in a Halloween themed box and everything was decorated with orange bows and Halloween ribbon. The whole presentation was very pretty.
Finally, the plants. I received two divisions of Orange Harvest TB Iris and an elegant black pot with a spooky spider plant. That was my favorite gift of all.
Everything was wonderful!
Photos as soon as I can get my act together.
Alana
flowerchik1
Guyton, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 18, 2011
5:48 PM

Post #8854613

I am so glad you liked your goodies. I went ahead and started those seeds I told you I snagged. Started 12, 11 germinated. You should have some good ones in that pack. You will be able to get a slew more spider plants after that one gets going. It reproduces non-stop.

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 19, 2011
9:15 AM

Post #8855478

Lol! !! Obviously i'm a horrible speller and auto correct only makes matters worse. I meant cocongrats!!! But weddings are contracts too, so lets pretend that's what i was babbling about. Lol
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 19, 2011
9:29 AM

Post #8855497

Outlaw was that a Freudian slip...rofl.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2011
12:48 PM

Post #8855802

Twice! lol
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 19, 2011
2:14 PM

Post #8855955

You are right Crit, I missed the second one...roflm_o

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 19, 2011
5:10 PM

Post #8856298

Cocongrats? ! Like coconuts?! What the heck. I give up rofl.
I Will try not to misspell any of my great news!
I got my box today!!!!!
Thank you so much crit!!!! I love it all!!!!
Here's what i got:
A total of 4 hanging ghosts,
Three hanging skeletons
two light ups, one skull, one screaming face, two little pumpkin.s
a scarecrow holding a pumpkin
a carmel apple cup cake candle
and mentos! the fresh maker! No they weren't open when she sent them! Lol
thanks crit! I can't wait to do some decorating!!!!

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 19, 2011
6:21 PM

Post #8856393

The beautiful candle with cute little sprinkles

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 20, 2011
4:55 AM

Post #8856736

Love that box of goodies you got from Crit! Nice job!

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 20, 2011
5:07 AM

Post #8856757

Jeepers creepers! Check out these peepers!!!

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 20, 2011

Post #8856783

Oh what a night light that would make...rofl.

Great box Crit, I have never seen so many skulls...spooooooky.
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 20, 2011
5:31 AM

Post #8856795

how cool is that box!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 20, 2011
6:53 AM

Post #8856878

So glad you like it!!!!!!!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 20, 2011
10:31 AM

Post #8857156

cool eyeballls to glow i the dark when ya have company come i all tanked up ;0

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 22, 2011
5:41 AM

Post #8858943

We're moving on up!!!! Here is a new thread so we can post our pics and ideas for next year, decor for this year, and well... Whatever we want to!!! :)
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1226740/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America