Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Pacific Northwest Gardening: Neglected Meyer Lemon needs home.

Communities > Forums > Pacific Northwest Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Pacific Northwest GardeningReplies: 4, Views: 80
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mlmlakestevens
Lake Stevens, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 16, 2011
7:26 PM

Post #8811662

I am usually pretty good with houseplants, but this poor Meyer Lemon is just too hard. I have had it for 2 1/2 years, and it got spidermites, then scale, and now it lost a lot of leaves and many of the branches died back. It still makes Lemons tho I can't eat them because I used poison. Even once I killed the pests, it blooms all the time, which you would think would be great, but the petals make a mess on the floor. Now I think I underwatered it, and it's headed for the recycling bin if nobody wants it. I live in Lake Stevens, work Seattle.

Thumbnail by mlmlakestevens
Click the image for an enlarged view.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 17, 2011
9:37 PM

Post #8812924

Springcolor lives in Lake Stevens.

Are you planning to come to our DG Roundup gathering at our home, next Sat, Sept 24? You will have a great time. See the thread for details, or email me.
mlmlakestevens
Lake Stevens, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 17, 2011
10:56 PM

Post #8812973

Sorry I can't make it next weekend. I am planning to get together with Springcolor, maybe she wants it.
velveteena
Seattle, WA

December 15, 2011
10:56 PM

Post #8931616

I hope this story had a happy ending. I was just in Lake Stevens today! My friend has been wanting a Meyer Lemon for ages, but I kind of talked her out of it, as I suspected it might be finicky. Martha Stewart loves these, but probably has a special orangerie to house them at Turkey Hill or The Hamptons! Has anyone had GOOD luck with a Meyer Lemon, or citrus in general?? I grew up in citrus country, which was plenty chilly in winter, but sun-baked in the very long summers.
mauryhillfarm
Vashon, WA
(Zone 8b)

December 27, 2011
7:35 PM

Post #8944949

I had a house plant grapefruit tree that my dad planted form a seed, It got to be about 3 feet tall and was in a 3 gallon pot. This was in Chicago with no particular special treatment other than a sunny window for light. Of course, it wasn't expected to have any grapefruit, and I don't recall flowers, but the leaves were nice to look at.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pacific Northwest Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cannas and Agapanthus in the PNW? SalemSunshine 14 Mar 1, 2011 10:08 PM
Tomatoes - when to transplant? Leehallfae 17 May 5, 2014 8:08 PM
Anyone want some fish? Pixydish 33 May 27, 2009 5:38 AM
Does bamboo grow in Spokane? Adriaan 24 Oct 30, 2007 5:38 AM
only one bloom on my rhododendron this year JoieM 27 Jul 11, 2007 3:51 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America