Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Grass and Bamboo: bad grass

Communities > Forums > Grass and Bamboo
bookmark
Forum: Grass and BambooReplies: 2, Views: 62
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
roseycats
Dayton, OH

September 21, 2011
5:41 PM

Post #8818441

My yard is full of different sizes of mushrooms and of course weeds. Does anyone know what can be done to clean this up?

Thumbnail by roseycats
Click the image for an enlarged view.

GardenSox
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 6, 2011
7:50 PM

Post #8838986

Rosey - the mushrooms makes me think your yard is getting too much water. Can you cut back on that or is it just rain water? As for the weeds . . . are you talking about your yard in general or the grassy lawn part? If it's the lawn, the first thing I would do is make sure you mow regularly that way you are cutting off the weeds before they set seed. I'd also raise the deck of your lawn mower as high as it will go to allow your grass to grow taller and start blocking out some of the weeds better. It won't totally eradicate your weed problems but it will help.
roseycats
Dayton, OH

October 7, 2011
2:19 PM

Post #8839869

Thanks GardenSox, We were getting an awful lot of rain around the the last two weeks of Sept. one night we had two and a half inches in just about five hours. We have someone mow our yard for us, and the Weather has not been the best this year. I did get some grass down before we got all the rain.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Grass and Bamboo Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
bamboo stakes tiG 10 Nov 3, 2011 1:16 PM
Black bamboo question linden 51 Aug 6, 2008 3:15 PM
Hardy bamboos at zone 6 Esther_z6 21 May 6, 2008 12:31 AM
A few clumps of my grass :) hczone6 32 Sep 5, 2007 2:47 AM
Bamboo Seedling Speedyg 2 Feb 16, 2008 3:54 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America