Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Poultry and Livestock: Angels Angels Angels......Thank You Angels!

Communities > Forums > Poultry and Livestock
bookmark
Forum: Poultry and LivestockReplies: 22, Views: 147
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

September 25, 2011
10:32 AM

Post #8823345

Just as I was beginning to suffer from serious DG Withdrawal...an Angel sent me a renewal! Now I just happen to know who did it (pretty sure anyway)... so just as soon as I can get back up on my feet from all the crazies around here.. I will try to play angel right back at 'em! Hee hee!
Thank you Dear Angel, You saw my tears when I realized I had taken photos of my newest maturing Serama and realized I couldnt show them off to my DG friends.
So Dear Ones Im back and heres the photos I took of the 4 month old Serama Hen that is so small that she could still fit into a teacup. I am so excited that I had to share with you! E

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Click the image for an enlarged view.

porkpal
Richmond, TX

September 25, 2011
11:01 AM

Post #8823369

What a tiny little girl! I'm so glad you're back; thank you, Angel, from the rest of us!
DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

September 25, 2011
4:18 PM

Post #8823682

oh my how cute. Thank you Angel for renewing Eufaula
Happy you are back with us.
ZZsBabiez
Lodi, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 25, 2011
5:24 PM

Post #8823775

I love her! The color just makes my knees weak.. I love the splashes of color! She is gonna mature to be even more awesome.
I'm so glad you are back.. I love your pictures.

Bless you Angel whoever you are!
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

September 26, 2011
5:07 PM

Post #8825570

Glad you are back Eufaula. Beautiful little serama. Things have been slow around here lately with Haystack gone, but at least some new comers have come along and started a few threads. Maybe things will pick back up.

This summer was the hardest one I've ever lived through. I lost two of my hens. Another one has an eye infection of some sort. It was completely covered over in a scab type of thing before I took her seriously and brought her in to examine her. I held a wet rag to her eye for ages and finally got that caked gunk off, but her other eye looks milky colored and this eye closed again and is oozing something. Any suggestions? I put a big blob of neosporin on her eyes yesterday. I read there are some contageous diseases that can make their eyes do this. So far my other chickens seem fine, except for one that I hope is molting. She looks terrible with so many of her feathers gone, but her eyes are fine.

Keep the pictures coming Eufaula. God Bless, and thanks to whoever stepped in in the crisis.

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

September 27, 2011
5:33 AM

Post #8826270

Awwww thanks everyone!
Yes my tiny baby girl is the smallest at this age I have ever seen. Her coloration is definitely different.She started out being all white, then developed the buff and brown speckles. She isnt agressive at all and she is learning to "table" too. I am hoping to go to my first show on the 22 of October and learn a few things about showing Seramas. I wont be taking any of my babies with me , just going to check it all out.
IN the mean time Ive begun culling down and finding new homes for a lot of my LF Hens. I just went over board with the amount of breeds I have. I really needed to stick with just the ones I want to show and concentrate on them. The feed bill was getting enormous and I just couldnt keep them all properly penned . I really wanted to have all Dark Egg layers (Marans, Welsummers, Penedescencas(sp)) but I found that they just werent as friendly and productive as my Buff Orpingtons and the Barred Rocks Im used to.
Im going to try and find a Dark Brahma Hen to go along with them ,to keep my huge Baby Man "Wambli" company. HE is definitely not going anywhere. Hes Mama's baby.
L_F_J , So sorry to hear about your loss and I hope your Hen gets well really soon. Ive never had an eye problem with any of mine so I couldnt Comment on your treatment , but it sounds like you are doing the right thing.
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

September 28, 2011
5:05 PM

Post #8828414

Must have done something right because one of her eyes is open today and a nice black color, the other one almost clear of the milky color. Her head looks kind of greasy from the neosporin, otherwise she is getting better it seems. Still don't know what caused this. My other chickens seem fine and she was in the same pen with the rest of them. She is a new one I bought about four months ago.
porkpal
Richmond, TX

September 28, 2011
10:13 PM

Post #8828714

Woo-hoo! Good job.

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

September 29, 2011
4:51 AM

Post #8828848

Great!! Hmm, sounds like ..just maybe.. the other hens did a little "pecking order" on her. Hopefully everything will continue as it should.
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

September 29, 2011
3:01 PM

Post #8829586

Yes, they may have.
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

September 29, 2011
3:08 PM

Post #8829597

I've been lurking forever but missed it , Where is Haystack ? He was essential to this forum in my opinion .
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

September 29, 2011
3:26 PM

Post #8829625

O K , never mind . I just found his "last post " . Sad day for everyone .
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

September 29, 2011
4:41 PM

Post #8829718

Maybe not sad for him, he's probably having a wonderful time touring Europe and Alaska. Better there than glued to the computer, I'd say. He'll be back when he's ready, if he ever is. I'm really happy for him. He deserved a nice break, and he took it.
green04735
Bridgewater, ME

September 30, 2011
3:50 AM

Post #8830150

I know it is not the same here without Hay,so quite.
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

September 30, 2011
5:17 AM

Post #8830199

I never 'talked' to him but enjoyed his answers to the problems .
E , does Wambli follow you around ? I've heard they can be big pets , almost like a dog .

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

September 30, 2011
7:11 AM

Post #8830307

Hi Digger, nice to see you here! Ive got to get you a couple of Seramas , you can keep them in a big bird cage, in the house with you and let them range during the day!
Yes Wambli does follow me everywhere! He is getting bigger and bigger everyday. I have trouble picking him up now because of his size. Hes a big baby! I do need to find him an appropriate sized mate though. Because of the slow maturing with Brahmas, I havent had to worry about his bothering the hens yet! Soon to come though! I really would love to find a Dark Brahma girl, but any brahmas would do or a Dorking Hen. Hes definitely a keeper!
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

September 30, 2011
8:57 AM

Post #8830422

Oofie , I just gave away an expensive bird because he was caged and obnoxious . I have three dogs, a cat and a feral cat that eats here . I don't need another bird . I'll just come down and love on yours , but your P P would be jealous. Maybe be a possibility . Hugs

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

September 30, 2011
10:08 AM

Post #8830489

LOL!!! Come on and I'll let "Wambli" sit in your lap! Believe Mr. P.P., thinks hes a chicken anyway , he wont be jealous!

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 2, 2011
1:07 AM

Post #8832384

I tried to get a good photo of her next to this can so you could see her size better. She just wouldnt cooperate. The can scared her too much, it didnt belong in her home and she let me know that my friend needed to take it out! LOL! But as you can see she isnt even as tall as the container, actually I could sit her insde the can cozy!

Thumbnail by Eufaula

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 2, 2011
1:16 AM

Post #8832388

Ive been calling her "Snack box",since that would be all she would make for some varmit, if they were ever able to get a hold of her! So I reallllly need to think up a much better name for her. I was thinking about "Millie", because of her coloration, whatcha think?

Thumbnail by Eufaula

porkpal
Richmond, TX

October 2, 2011
6:10 AM

Post #8832535

I think Millie is cute!
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

October 2, 2011
7:06 AM

Post #8832594

Oooo! Don't let anything happen to her , I've got to get her on my lap . She's precious . Call her Peggy .
DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

October 2, 2011
9:42 AM

Post #8832803

wow she really is a tiny little thing

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Poultry and Livestock Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Raising Keets (baby guineas) TamaraFaye 39 Apr 29, 2012 1:19 PM
Guineas moved into new home TamaraFaye 91 Jun 7, 2008 9:31 PM
What should I do for my sick hen? Tammy 51 Dec 16, 2007 8:55 PM
Sheep losing wool KathyJo 16 May 7, 2008 11:37 PM
Anyone raise rabbits ? PeggieK 41 Jul 10, 2008 12:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America