Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Pacific Northwest Gardening: Happy Day Late Birthday Analog Dog

Communities > Forums > Pacific Northwest Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Pacific Northwest GardeningReplies: 5, Views: 31
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

September 26, 2011
7:30 AM

Post #8824583

Hope you enjoyed a blustery day.

Thumbnail by bonehead
Click the image for an enlarged view.

AnalogDog
Mountlake Terrace, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 27, 2011
10:04 PM

Post #8827397

Thank you very much, I am touched that with this long an absence (or should I say lurking) I would be remembered.

I am still alive having a bit of a speed block thrown into my life, which I am slowly surmounting. The gardens are a mess of grass and other weeds and quite well neglected. I hope you will let me hang around because I want to get back in the gardening saddle again. Its been pretty depressing to have it all go to pieces in front of me.
springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

September 27, 2011
10:20 PM

Post #8827401

Happy Birthday! Hope you did somethig fun!
Gardens can always be revived and one of the reasons gardening is so fun.
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

September 28, 2011
6:27 AM

Post #8827596

I have always found fall cleanup to be therapeutic - the cooler weather is more comfortable, weeding is easier after some rain, and cutting back / tidying up is instant gratification. Treat yourself to some new gloves and pick out a small manageable site to put to bed for winter. If poor health is restricting you, take a personal garden tour and fondly remember your favorite plants - who are likely all still there under the weeds and grass just waiting to become glorious again. Take care.
AnalogDog
Mountlake Terrace, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 28, 2011
10:01 PM

Post #8828710

Yeah, thanks for the notes on garden clean up, as that is what I am looking to get into, I have daylilies to move into the sun, ferns to move into the shade and weeding like crazy. I am just waiting on enough rain, but where was summer, all I remember was a prefunction, it never got hot.
Rarejem
(Julie)South Prairie, WA
(Zone 7a)

September 29, 2011
10:57 AM

Post #8829290

Happy Birthday!! There are a lot of us this time of the year! Hope it was a good one!!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pacific Northwest Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cannas and Agapanthus in the PNW? SalemSunshine 14 Mar 1, 2011 10:08 PM
Tomatoes - when to transplant? Leehallfae 17 May 5, 2014 8:08 PM
Anyone want some fish? Pixydish 33 May 27, 2009 5:38 AM
Does bamboo grow in Spokane? Adriaan 24 Oct 30, 2007 5:38 AM
only one bloom on my rhododendron this year JoieM 27 Jul 11, 2007 3:51 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America