Infidelity of the fowlest kind

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

I think my female peacock ran off with the wild tukey we raised. They both dissapeared three days ago without a feather left behind. Poor Toot the peacock is devastated...after all these years. how could she throw him over for a fast talking turkey?

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

LOL, Jyl!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hmmmm maybe she has a hidden nest somewhere and is planning on bringging "Toot" a big surprise!! ( I hope)

Richmond, TX

What a slut! Poor Toot!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Well, it is gettin close to "that" time of year.. She might just be showing him a place to hide till the holidays are over.

Mint Hill, NC(Zone 7b)

What a bummer. After all you've been through trying to keep them on your property - they go off and elope on you.

Richmond, TX

Maybe it will turn out to be a one-night-stand, a brief interlude, a flight of fancy if you will.

This message was edited Sep 27, 2011 7:17 PM

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

We happened to think that maybe she has become seasonally confused and has a nest somewhere. The problem with a peacock nest is they are darn hard to find. The bird matches the color of dirt exactly. SHe'll be easier to find in a few weeks when it snows! Has anybody else ever heard of a peacock nesting this time of year? Toot just doesn't seem too bothered by the whole thing, that's what made us think maybe a nest. Otherwise, he would scream bloody murder if she left the yard. (He can wander the neighborhood, but not her!) I'll keep looking. In the meantime I have not yet sold the four young ones they hatched this spring and there is one female in that group.

I know, I know, such a union would be banned in at least 49 states, but hey, what can I do.....

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

...Move South! We are a crazy mixed up bunch of sillies down here! ooooh a turkey/peacock ... I want one!

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

LOL Eufaula

I sure hope you find her. Hope it wasn't a 2 legged varmit that got them

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.