5" Holiday Charm Swap Part 3

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

Original Thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1219250

This swap is FULL.
How it works: Each person on the list will send out Nine 5" x 5" blocks to each person on the list and receive Nine blocks back. When the swap is done you will have 117 blocks (nine from each person listed). Use 100% cotton fabric only please. Each block should be different unless the member states that duplicates are alright.

Deadline: October 31, 2011 ****NEW**** extended it just a tad hope no one minds.

1) SewSassee (Bev): Fall, Halloween, Christmas, Novelty (prefer novelty prints to colors)
2) BarefootT (Thunder): Pinks, Greens & Purples (the brighter the better, any in those tones) *duplicates ok*
3) Psychw2 (Pat): Halloween,Thanksgiving, Tractors, Chickens or Novelty *duplicates ok*
4) Abbisgranma (Marion): Fall,Thanksgiving *duplicates ok*
5) ElaineAnn1 (Elaine): Winter, Christmas
6) Canadastrid (Astrid): Everything
7) Quilter5bdsr (Barb): Fall (e.g. reds, oranges, golds, browns, etc)
8) Thea1962 (Thea): Everything *duplicates ok*
9) Kizmo (Kathy): Halloween, Thanksgiving, Fall
10) MorknotMindy (Gloria M): Christmas, Winter
11) BettyPauze (Betty): Halloween or Christmas
12) Housse301 (Laura): Christmas *duplicates ok*
13) Mittsy: Christmas or 30's reproductions

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

Hope everyone is having fun, the last thread was getting full so I started this new one.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanks..

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Working on getting mine finished to mail.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I just love to look at all the different charms. So many beautiful patterns. Just wonderful.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

It truly is a fun swap, thanks putting it together Bev.

OK, now that we have fixed the accidently cut water pipe (did I mention I got very WET while we were trying to find the emergency shut off and were without ANY water in the house until my husband could get it FIXED?? LOL), and the renter has arrived to occupy the studio that is NOT complete, I can post!!

Bev, my favorite fabric was the oversized piece with the BIG skeltons! Sooooo cute! all the charms were perfect but was my favorite of the charms you sent. THANKS!
Elaine, the skeltons & witches in bright boxes, how funny!!! and thank you so much for the tractors, that gorgeous orangish/rust color leaf with gold accent. THANKS!
Karen sent me this adorable TRACTOR print, chickens, and a FQ of a rich bird print.

Truly, I got an amazing collection of charms that I can't wait to start using!

Pat, Could you start a thread called "What we made with our charm squares?" It would be fun to have photos posted of what we make using them.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lol you are brave Mittsy asking for such a thread, could it not be..what we are thinking of doing with our charms..might turn out to be a challenge. Lol

Seems from time to time I have great intentions of making something creative but t hey go by the wayside!

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Got some great charms this past week and finally got my camera back too. I got these from Elaine.
Love them my friend!!!!

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr

And I got these from Bev - thank you so much, They will work just great....

And these from Mittsy - just wonderful!! I really do need more help with my machine. Are you sure I can't have you for a couple of days????

ROFLOL, Betty you aren't the only one guilty of that!!! I am much worse since I have moved from Gainesville as my friend isn't around to "encourage" me not to start another project before I finish one already in progress. Think I will need to have her come stay a week with me to motivate me.

Barb, I love the charms you have pictured. The colors look so rich.

Oh Pat, what a mess you have to deal with.

Hope all is well now Pat!!!
I just love all the charms Marion. I have an idea in my head of what i"m going to do with them but I need to refine it a bit more!!!

I will be anxious to see what you do with yours Barb. I have trouble sometimes getting the ideas floating around in my head to actually work out--doesn't stop me though.

We're fine and the renter is very nice. For now we are just having him eat with us etc until we have his space finished. He is a very nice man and willing worker. I expect we will get along great. He likely will help me paint his studio this weekend!! I've taking a chain saw to 3 bushes to provide parking for him after work tonight (I hope).

Pat, sounds like you lucked out with your renter. Careful with the chain saw.

Ya, last thing I need on top of everything else is an injury.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

How's everyone doing with their blocks? I have sent all mine out so everyone should have gotten them long ago. I'm missing sets from 4 people. I received Mittsy and Elaine, photos to follow, as soon as I snap them.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

These are from Elaine, thank you so much. Love the wide variety of fabrics. I really like the funky people and wine bottles.

Thumbnail by SewSassee
Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

These are from Mittsy, thank you so much for the embroidery ones. I never thought to do embroidery on my squares, duh, I'm so creative yet mental blocks happen all the time, lol.

Thumbnail by SewSassee

The rest of mine will go out on Tuesday!!! Got my kids from Colorado here this weekend.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

It must be the time for company. I have my friends from Scotland coming. They arrive today, can't wait to see them.

.....I am going to be a grandmother!

CONGRATS Marion!!! That's fantastic and the most wonderful news so far today. Hope your friends arrive safely Bev.
My family got hung up in Chicago last night so I don't know when they will get here... I'm just trying so hard to be patient.....

Victoria Harbour, ON

Congratulations from my side of the border...
Guess you are already thinking of what you can sew for the newborn?

Thought I had already posted my lovelies from Elaine but did not (I'm so bad)

But here they are...

Thanks Elaine, love the duo Christmas and Halloween Fabrics..rest assured they will be used..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

LOL, not just yet, I haven't completely wrapped my head around this as it is such a surprise after 6 years hoping to hear there would be another little one. Honestly, my brain is whirling and needless to say I am thrilled beyond belief!!! Just saying prayers my DIL has a healthy, trouble free pregnancy and the baby is healthy.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Praying right along with you..let's see now, when is she due?? Got to figure out the 2012 reunion datue and don't want you Tobermory missing? Did you hear when the wedding is being held here in Ontario?

Nope don't know about the wedding--knowing my great niece, they will get married and just come home to visit her parents and tell. She doesn't like big events.

Right now the middle May is what I am told.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Plenty of time you to come my way in June/july

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

HOORAH !!! Marion ^_^ congrats!!!

have Y'all realized there are two holiday charm part 3 threads????

posted on the other one, than realized this one is here ....sew.....my charms will be going out Mon. or Tues depending on my work schedule??? they keep changing it!!!!

Betty be sure to show that angel row when it is finished please....I can not decide if I want to do them like that, or find a different angel??

Saskatoon, Canada

Congratulations Marion, hope everything goes well.
Oh just imagine, being a grandchild of Marion..all the lovely quilts.

Adding my congratulations, too! Grandchildren are such fun.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all...

Thunder the pattern photo doesn't do them justice, not the nicest of angels but it reflects the primitive aspect of the quilt..bought embroidery thread for the hair..with cooking Thanksgiving dinner today not sure how much sewing I'll get done, was hope'ing to have the applique done so I can at least sit while the turkey is cooking and do the embellishments of each..just finished the 9 leaf applique..I'm hoping to have most of the cut outs to send your way..that's the easy part of the quilt..lol

waving to all..

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

thanks Betty ^_^ Happy Thanks giving... I am VERY Thankful for all of my DG family ^_^ ^_^

Thanks everyone. Astrid, no I didn't make baby quilts for the 2 girls. My MIL always crocheted a blanket for each new grandchild and for some reason, in later years, she gave me the one she had used to do my son's blanket. So when the first grandchild was on it's way, I kept the tradition by crocheting an afghan with the same hook used for her Dad. Same for the second one and will do yet again for #3. I was living in Gainesville at the time and my 2 best friends made quilts for the girls. I am working on some for them now that they are older.

Hillsboro, NH

THunder, glad you like the strips I sent...instead of postage how about a few more charms or a fat quarter..it was about $2.50

Hillsboro, NH

Adding my congrats to you Marion too...I got to visit with my grandsons this weekend...OMG they are so cute. This is mine from the christening...the little one is 6 months old now...

Thumbnail by ElaineAnn1
Victoria Harbour, ON

Thank you Thunder, weather couldn't have been better and always heartwarming having my family surround me..even though they do pick on me in the most loving of ways..you know boys...lol. I'd say it was beyond perfect.

Even got the ponds winterized and garden art put away..now I can sit and wait for the snow to come without fretting!

Hillsboro, NH

I promise I will send out pictures of the charms I have received so far.....THIS WEEK!!!!! Please hold me to that.

Mittsy, I like your idea of a new threadshowing what we did with our charms...I agree tho it will be a long running thread ....

Victoria Harbour, ON

Beautiful Elaine, look at those little ones..how proud you must be!

they grow up so fast one has to make every effort to spent as much time with them as you can! lorry seems like yesterday I was at Kyle's christening and here mid December he'll be 16 driving a car and visiting with me...they sure do bring joy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.