'Tis the season for deals

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Anyone snagged any good clearance sale deals on yard and garden art? This is my first one of the season.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Virginia Beach, VA

Love it!!!!

Belle

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

And a $5 yard sale find. Woohoo ...

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Oops, cross posted with you, Belle. LOL ... yes, I can see where it would be right up your alley, so to speak. ^_^

Virginia Beach, VA

$5.00 !!! I had not seen one for that price!!! Is that yourback porch!! I like all your wrought iron on the background.

Belle

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

That is under the back carport. (We can even squeeze the car in there if hail or snow is predicted. Imagine that.)

I kept the old storm doors when we had them replaced. I'm going to remove the glass and do something with them. Right now with the glass in them, they are too heavy for me to lift or move by myself. :-o I'm thinking of fitting them with pockets of some kind and planting them. May leave them right there and plant them, if I can.

Any suggestions?

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

I like them just like they are as a background and screen. I would leave them. I have two that are solid glass I have been trying to figure a use for. Mine don't have the accent wrought iron.

Photo of a yard sale find recently.......Granite slab that now stands on the bases of the bench that was broken when a tree crushed it this past spring. $7 plus it was sitting on a short rack that I will post. I got the whole thing for that price. The streaks on the granite are apparently sun streaks as the granite doesn't have streaks.

This message was edited Sep 29, 2011 9:40 AM

Thumbnail by Elena
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Here is the rack. It now holds the convection oven that I have put in my garden room for cooking and not heating up the house in the hot summer time. I can cool that room with a separate unit but only do that when we are actually using it for company or other occasions. I have windows all down one side that I can open for air circulation.

Thumbnail by Elena
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Wow ... that granite slab piece is beautiful. What a great find and so nice that you could use the bases of the old bench! Like the other stand too. That whole deal worked out very well for you. ^_^

This message was edited Sep 29, 2011 11:23 AM

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Yep. I also got another smaller slab of granite free. I will take a picture of it on a stand in my courtyard and post it too. I want to find another base for it and will probably locate something soon since the small wrought iron one doesn't do it justice.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Wow! Such neat finds!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images