Guess what breed I am

Bridgewater, ME

Can you guess what two breeds this sweet little fellow is?

Thumbnail by green04735
Richmond, TX

Oh goody! Another guessing game. He could be a young Faverolles, but I think we need more information: color of legs, feathers on legs, etc.

Bridgewater, ME

Here is a full body view,he is two breeds

Thumbnail by green04735
Mint Hill, NC(Zone 7b)

It has the legs of a Faverolle (feathers and extra toe) but it is the wrong color...no tail is Araucana/Americana. The beard can be for either one I suppose.

Hopefully we'll know the answer soon.

Richmond, TX

Oh, no, it's more fun if we have to work out the answer laboriously! The single comb makes Ameraucana less likely. But the puffy feathering on the head could have come from there. Is he really rumpless or just poorly feathered in the tail department? The hint of Columbian coloration suggests Light Sussex, perhaps. Is he known to be a he?

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

I see Sussex/Ameraucana mix but wondering about foot feather. Was one of parents a mixed breed as well

Bridgewater, ME

No the two breeds that he is has no mixture in them,his father is pure and his mother is pure

Mint Hill, NC(Zone 7b)

Could also have Sultan in him...

Richmond, TX

Is he a bantam ?

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hmmm, Im going to be a little different here. I want to say Americauna/Light Brahma.

Richmond, TX

Green, have any of the suggested breeds been one of the correct parents?

Bridgewater, ME

Yes Porkpal,and no he is not a batam

Bridgewater, ME

Here is another clue,this is his sister

Thumbnail by green04735
Richmond, TX

Ah-ha! We're getting somewhere, maybe.

Richmond, TX

Since she has a pea comb and muffs one parent could be Ameraucana but then they should have dark legs. So the other parent would need to have feathered, pale legs and a single comb. And where does the color come from? Hmmm...

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Light brahma and golden comet

Richmond, TX

How about a Light Brahma crossed with almost any color Ameraucana? That would explain almost everything except the single comb.

Bridgewater, ME

Full body view of sister.No ameraucana in the breed or EE.

This message was edited Oct 1, 2011 7:40 AM

This message was edited Oct 1, 2011 7:41 AM

Thumbnail by green04735
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

...Light Brahma/Auraucana?

Richmond, TX

Ahhh, what fun, the plot thickens! This will require a little more thought. The puffy feathers and feathered legs must come from Faverolles. ( I don't know much about Sultans, but neither have the characteristic coif.) The color could come from Light Sussex - in which case where does the sister get her pea comb?) or Brahma which wouldn't explain the brother's single comb... Thinking...

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

no Araucana in there. They don't have muffs

Bridgewater, ME

No brahma or auraucana

Bridgewater, ME

Do you want the answer??

Richmond, TX

No! Not yet, this is fun.

Richmond, TX

How about Faverolles x Orpington? (Which still doesn't account for how the siblings got different combs, though.) Is the sister's a pea comb, or am I not seeing it right?

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

how about a D'Uccle they have muffs, feathered feet, and a straight comb

well nix that. You said above not a bantam lol

This message was edited Oct 1, 2011 4:16 PM

Bridgewater, ME

Your right Porkpal,I call them orpall`s,here is the dad a buff orpinton and I`ll post a picture of the mom.

Thumbnail by green04735
Bridgewater, ME

And here is mama,a salmon faverolle.The rooster is white and there are white faveralles as well as black and blue.The white are beautiful but I don`t have one and I only had the one rooster this summer so I know for sure he is the father of all my babies.The pullet has the coloring of her dad and the face of her mom.I have three or four of them.

Thumbnail by green04735
Bridgewater, ME

He has his dads comb and his moms cute little puffs

Thumbnail by green04735
Bridgewater, ME

Here she is again,her color is more burnt orange like the buff but the face of her mom

Thumbnail by green04735
Richmond, TX

Thanks, Green! That was fun.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

yea PP

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Boy oh Boy! Was I way off or what!! LOL! Lots Of fun , lets do this again!!!!!

Richmond, TX

Yes, anyone else have interesting homebreds? Mine are all single breed, no mystery involved.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Okay I have an easy one! What cha think?

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

silkie x serma

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Nope!

Bridgewater, ME

silkie and thats all I know,I have only had a few breeds and no shows to go to here so I am at a loss

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

OKay....... He's a white Silkie on his Fathers side.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

oh this was to easy
silly little half Silkie half cochin roo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.