weather at the barn #6

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

We hit 200, so I got ambitious. =)

Ya'll get to praying.. look at south TX radar. We're gonna get it! YipEEEEEE..

*rain dance!*

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

nice rain dance!

59 and rain tonight. Rode Alice,cantered her a little and the majic is still holding. She got a little pully when we had company come into the arena. We'll have to work on her nerves in company.

Richmond, TX

It's RAINING!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Yeah!! Texas has rain!!!

We are still dry here. Been a dry month. Windy today with temps in high 70s. Temps will start going down starting tonight and tomorrow.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

glad TX has rain!

55 and raining here

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

50 rainy and windy

Richmond, TX

82 here. A very nice change after all the 100 degree stuff! Also a hint of green in my pastures from Thursday's rain!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

yay for the hint of green!

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

:) I got robbed in that storm. It fizzled out before finding my dry pastures.

I AM enjoying the cooler weather this weekend though. :)

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

We got rain and cold. 38 last 2 mornings. Tug tried to colic and I think he has a kidney infection. Not suprised as I moved him back to his old barn and it has a different water supply. He is getting penicillin shots. 5ccs of banamine set him straight last night. I think all this early cold and dampness caused it. I shut him in the barn last night and gave him hay. He was fine at bedtime.

This message was edited Oct 2, 2011 11:41 AM

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

change in weather like this can be hard on them.

55 and windy. we had 1.2" of rain yesterday.

Richmond, TX

Cooler here: 80s instead of 90-100, and down to 68 at night. No more rain but tiny grass blades are emerging where there was only dry dirt thanks to the brief rain on Thursday!

Trimmed hooves this morning while they were still damp from the dew. The drought had made them too hard to cut or rasp.

High in the low 70s, lows have been in the low 40s but going back up to mid 40s now. Perfect weather for getting last minute planting and clean up done. Bad thing is it has been pretty dry. I can't remember the last time we had rain. Been awhile.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

55 and rainy , hope the warm up they're calling for happens.

You should get it soon. We are dealing with it right now. I want my 70s back. lol

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

60 today and calling for low 70's the rest of the week.

South Hamilton, MA

You & alice should enjoy a stroll.

Back into the 80s again here. Most of Kansas under red flag warning. If we don't get rain here this weekend we probably will be too. Been several weeks since we've had rain and with all the falling leaves the danger is elevated now.

Richmond, TX

High here was 86, and the humidity was low - feels like fall. We've been under a red flag warning all summer. Our part of the state hasn't burned up yet - not much left to burn.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

It has warmed up during the days but nights are still too cool for my liking. I hate to see winter come but at least we are much more ready for it this year. No horses on the mountain so no hauling water unless the water freezes at Tug and Max's barn. It has done that a few times each winter the last couple of years.

We may go camp Thursday night at the big trail ride in Knott County. Lots of our friends are there amd have called us wanting us to go. We won't bring any horses but it will be nice to visit with friends.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Have fun , Cajun!
72 and sunny, nights down into the low 40's

Low 80s today. Alot better than yesterday.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Van is almost loaded. DH has a foot doc appointment in the morning and we will go camping from there. Our friends are saving us a spot. I am so excited. DHand I have not been anywhere together for 4 years. It's just 1 night but it will be so welcome!

Richmond, TX

Have a great trip!

Medina, OH

Caj-Nothing like a change of pace (pun intended). Have fun and we expect a full report upon your return.

Have fun Cajun!!!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

had great weather today, never did get out to ride however- bridesmaids dresses got in the way(me sewing them)

Richmond, TX

Can we see one when you're done?

88, windy and humid. They were predicting rain but it all seems to be in west Texas; none here yet.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

A bit of rain in Missouri City / Sugarland today.

I blogged.. Ya'll enjoy. One down, one day to go.

http://hunterintraining.blogspot.com

:)

South Hamilton, MA

How big is Harley? You have come a long way & glad that he got used to a show. Trainer with whip? Trainer? I would change to another one if I was doing the riding.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

15H, or so.

Trainer with the whip wasn't mine... the horse was good when she rode. Owner didn't seem to get along with horse at all.

Oooh... I hear thunder this AM. Looks like rain at home today, too.. woo hooo

Today I don't ride until afternoon again. Whoopie! It's been a pretty relaxing trip, except for the little bit of rushing we did yesterday

Richmond, TX

Rain!

South Hamilton, MA

I realized that it wasn't your trainer Angel Song. I just questioned her action as a trainer. Horses will obey the experts.
15 can be good. As a short person (me) it sounds like a good height, although perhaps Harley might have a bit of growing to do.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

glad you in TX are getting some rain. 78 and sunny here. DH is mowing.

Rain in Kansas and it might reach us sometime tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. Here it's still bone dry. Dug up sweet potatoes today and the ground was dry all the way down. Took several hours to dig them up due to the ground being so dry and hard. Got me a bucket full though!!

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Rain... lots of it.

Scratched rides on Sunday. Thunder, lightening, sideways rain and wind..
Harley did pretty good in the weather. A few other goofy horses with terrified riders was more than I though I could talk him through..

A bit over 2.6" of rain at my house. *whew!*

South Hamilton, MA

The rain was more important. Too late to help hay, I suppose,but glad that the rain arrived.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Not too late to grow hay. It'll be quite a while before any sort of "frost" sets in, if it ever does..

If it'd all been beneficial rain, you might hear me cheering more. Plenty of it, however, ended up in the storm drans and ditches.. run off from it raining too hard all at once. That fills up ponds and rivers, but doesn't do much to water the ground.

Richmond, TX

We got 1 1/2" here yesterday. I was in Bellville (50 miles north of us) helping at a horse trials, and it seemed to rain a good deal more up there. The cross-country part had to be canceled due to slick footing, but the riders braved the rain and wind to ride their dressage and stadium jumping tests in good humor.
I hope it will sprout our winter rye as we have very little other grass to get us through the winter. Some neighbors and I are getting together to bring a truckload of hay down from a grower on the east coast. My shed is half full, but it won't feed everyone for the whole winter. So I hope the plan works.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

hope the plan works

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images