Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

African Violets and Gesneriads: Time to Update!

Communities > Forums > African Violets and Gesneriads
bookmark
Forum: African Violets and GesneriadsReplies: 8, Views: 106
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
avpat
Atco, NJ

September 30, 2011
7:06 AM

Post #8830303

I just updated my Want/Have List. I see that many of the old lists have not been updated in a very long time. The weather is cooling down and it's time to think about fall trades. Let's all update and put a little life into the trading situation here. There are some great varieties out there looking for new homes. I have lots and lots of semi and mini av babies that need homes. I'm sure others have lots to offer too. But, we'll never know unless you update.
lbrabec
(Lynn) Omaha, NE
(Zone 5a)

September 30, 2011
10:26 AM

Post #8830512

Thanks for the reminder Pat!
avpat
Atco, NJ

September 30, 2011
11:59 AM

Post #8830617

I had to laugh. I don't think I've been here in a year or so and I was looking at some of the same lists from back then. It really is time to update. Seems to me this would be the perfect time. If you trade leaves or babies now, you've got all winter to watch them grow. Those new mouse ears and babies sure can put a bright spot on a long winter day.
bsimpson1972
Chicago, IL
(Zone 6a)

September 30, 2011
7:18 PM

Post #8831088

I've only been on this forum for like six months but I couldn't agree with you more...

Anyhow, I don't grow many Violets because they don't love me as much as I love them but if you should find anything on my list that you like, just let me know. :)

Olaf
lilypad22
(tish) near Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

October 19, 2011
12:01 PM

Post #8855718

Good Idea.

I know when the post is updated that there is a line that states it has been edited and the date, but this is at the very bottom of the post. I noticed zozzl put " UPDATED and the date" on the top of her Have/Want post... I think that is a very good idea, as we can see at a glance how new the information is and also if we have no changes to make, we can still put a new date on it. Just a thought. Take care everyone! tish
avpat
Atco, NJ

October 19, 2011
12:24 PM

Post #8855770

That's a great idea! It would surely make it much easier to scan through the lists.
lovemygessies
Charlotte, MI

October 28, 2011
9:56 AM

Post #8866987

Where do I go to find and create a list?
Diane
bsimpson1972
Chicago, IL
(Zone 6a)

October 28, 2011
10:22 AM

Post #8867019

Hey Diane!

Just type up your list and copy/paste it into the want/have list-sticky-thread.

Gotta update mine - bad... LOL

Olaf
zozzl
Orlando, FL

November 1, 2011
10:33 AM

Post #8871913

I haven't been on the forum for a while but I did update my list today. It is very short as I just threw out a bunch of leaves but I will try to update it weekly. Have some Achimenes Glory rhizomes just harvested. If interested please see my teeny, tiny list:)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other African Violets and Gesneriads Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My Brag of the Day... MsCritterkeeper 17 Jun 6, 2007 2:14 PM
advice on TRAILERS from Violet Gallery critterologist 57 Feb 5, 2010 9:56 PM
test thread for sticky, never mind me begoniacrazii 90 Apr 11, 2011 3:40 PM
All Other Gesneriad Care & Related Links begoniacrazii 2 Apr 11, 2011 3:15 PM
Streptocarpus seedling progress Keyring 127 Jun 9, 2007 2:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America