Log Cabin 5

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Time for a new thread.
We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1130136/

Here's a half log cabin

Thumbnail by Qwilter
(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

It that quilt all narrow strips or both Jean?

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Love the colors in that quilt! Did you make it?

I made it. The center block is a dolphin. All the strips are the same width.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

CUTE!

(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

I am so amazed at how many ways to use these log cabin blocks. WOW great job everyone I love all your work
Cher

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

Taters55, where is it. I looked at google but didn't find it.

here... This is a cake.

Thumbnail by taters55
Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

OMGosh , that is awesome. I would never have guessed that was a cake. Wow, did you make that?
I thought you meant that the witches hat was a cake so I was looking on Google and saw lots of witch hat cakes, just not mine. hehe
Very cool.

My apologies to Thunder. When talking about the Christmas fabrics for Betty I was referring to the package Laura sent to me to bring to her with mine. I completely forgot that Thunder had sent someto Betty too. Didn't mean to slight you in any way Thunder. We all know how generous you are to each of us...In any case, I'm glad Betty is able to get the use out of it all.....

Jan, I did not make that, it was a picture I found on the web!

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

Oh, Okay, I know how talented you are so I didn't put it beyond you to have created it your self. The way I look at things if I want to do it bad enough, I will find a way. If I don't know how to do it I will figure it out. If I absolutley can't do it, can't figure it out and there isn't a turtorial, well, I'll just have to buy it.

I found a couple boxes labelled Quilting books. I'll attemt to find the one for the "round" log cabins.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Just received an e-mail asking if I want to purhase a patter called Cabins of the Bear..it's gorgeous..might have to break down and order it...

done Log cabin blocks with Bear Paw units to create a stunning quilt..

OK you've convinced me...

What does it look like Betty?

Victoria Harbour, ON

ordered and paid for it, send me the download but wouldn't let me access

Have an e-mail into customer service

Victoria Harbour, ON

Received the pattern but ink cartridge not working the best

Try this link

http://www.e-patternscentral.com/images/products/super_closeups/3083_1.jpg

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Nice. Love the edging on those pillowslips. My cutwork Battenburg curtains didn't make it through the last wash. Fabric just shredded from age. I loved those curtains. Need to find something similar. I have pillowslips on my bed with edges my maternal grandmother made for my mom as a wedding gift. Mom never used them. I use them every day and love them.

That is so pretty, sure hope you can figure out how to get it downloaded!

Lexington Park, MD

That quilt is stunning for sure.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Got it downloaded LindaKay, now it will go with all other unfinished pattern packets..lol

LOL! Just put them in a safe place, someday you will need something to work on!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Nobody lives to 175 LindaKay, and that is just for sewing craft, add on another 15 or so other crafts and well it's just shameful...

Betty, I think were all in your shoes, buying fabric and or patterns, saying I would love to do that one of these years...

My armoire is full of bags and each one is a quilted something waiting for me to make!!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

If we lived closest we could edge each other on..what a mess I'm in today, not a table left with bare spots..5 used up and I'm almost tempted to use upstairs one as well. Lol. Thank goodness there is only I here..a hubby would be complaining for sure!

Thought I posted the charms Elaine sent me earlier this a.m. But guess I didn't..off to do so!

I found the book with the LC hearts. When I get back to MD I'll scan the pattern for anyone who would like it. The difficult part is making sure the correct colors & strip widths get used together. I remember I had piles of the different fabrics and made a design on graph paper so I could keep the colors straight.
Not something you can just whip together in 1 day.

I'd love to have the pattern Jean. And I, too, sometimes make a map for myself.....

I would love the pattern too please? Thanks for sharing.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

... me too, please! Sounds like a good Valentine's project to start planning! Thank you, Jean!

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

me too please, can you snail mail it to me?? as I am operating on borrowed computers.....my monitor died :( I never know when I will be able to get on line again?? this is really sucking big time!!!

Cleburne, TX(Zone 8a)

I love log cabins. Most of what I've done are baby quilts, doll quilts and wall hangings. Here's the last one I did. It is an old book from That Patchwork Place, "Holiday Happenings" by Christal Carter. It has a different log cabin for each holiday.

Picture not so good because my entry hall is not wide enough to get the shot straight on. Sorry.

Happy Stitching,
Glenna

Thumbnail by Dogs_N_Petunias
Cleburne, TX(Zone 8a)

Closeup of Halloween log cabin.

Thumbnail by Dogs_N_Petunias

That is so cute! Love that ghost!

that is fantastic!!! I wonder if my library has that book??!!!

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Too too cute, I knew you'd like that Thunder.
Amazon.com has the book for as little as $.48 plus $3.99 shipping.

This message was edited Oct 25, 2011 9:46 AM

Oh Thunder, wouldn't your little one love that?????

Cleburne, TX(Zone 8a)

Quote from siliolegma :
Too too cute, I knew you'd like that Thunder.
Amazon.com has the book for as little as $.48 plus $3.99 shipping.

This message was edited Oct 25, 2011 9:46 AM

If you buy used, be sure it includes the pullout pattern sheets for the applique pieces. It is the kind of large sheets that were folded up and stapled in when the book was new.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

It's $5.39 new and would be sure to have insert.

This message was edited Oct 25, 2011 5:33 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images