Photo by Melody

Weather: October Weather - Time to get ready for Winter.

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 196, Views: 951
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 1, 2011
3:57 AM

Post #8831331

35º - Dark!
Leaving for market shortly.
Happy October.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2011
4:08 AM

Post #8831336

I'm doing good at being first today :o)

Pumpkins and squash at Market? My DD's BIL was loading theirs up last night. From the size of the pumpkins offered here, I hope you got some big ones!

Yes, Happy October!

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 1, 2011
4:21 AM

Post #8831340

Sun just coming up and it is 69 degrees...Yeah!...going for a walk...working in garden...later BBQ at our friends and gonna make the first fire of the season in the pit to sit around tonight...Tomorrow morning to dip into upper 50's...Happy October Everyone!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2011
4:35 AM

Post #8831355

Sunkissed, that sounds like a fabulous day!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 1, 2011
6:58 AM

Post #8831473

I would have loved to wake up to those temps. Instead it is currently 42*. Supposed to get to 60 something.

Tweek had 4 babies. She did a great job (the last two pretty much just fell out). The first two are twins - they shared a placenta - but one of them has 6 toes on each front foot. Weird to see, but cute too. 2 short hair, 1 medium, 1 long (gray one). She wouldn't let me leave her side during delivery. I was up until 2. She started labor about 9:30, first one came about 10:30 and one approx every 45 minutes. What an interesting experience! My first non human labor and delivery. (Check that off the bucket list ;) )

So without further adue...the babies.

Thumbnail by minnesippi
Click the image for an enlarged view.

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 1, 2011
7:11 AM

Post #8831486

Warm up, warm up, warm up!!! I have too much to do today for it to be this chilly!! Did I already say WARM UP!!??
ErzsebetF
Swansea, SC
(Zone 8b)

October 1, 2011
8:00 AM

Post #8831554

Good Morning All!
Its a clear crisp 62 here and somewhat breezy. Minnesippi, your babies are precious! I have a somewhat older version of your kittens in my lap cuddling to keep warm as I type. His name is Yoda. His brother is all black and is trying to keep warm under the quilt on my bed. You'd think cats with all that fur could stand the cold!
Was this your cats first delivery? I have experienced many kitten births and my cat usually manages all her own, but she does usually want me with her during the birth. If I get up from cramped legs, she would reach out to paw at me, as if to say: No! stay where you are! LoL.
A nice fall fire sounds really nice tonight. But first, I will have to make row covers to cover over my pepper, tomato and artichoke plants in the garden and also my strawberries. It will get down to 42! tonight in SC.
Happy Fall/October everyone.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 1, 2011
8:28 AM

Post #8831575

ErzsebetF - this is her first litter. She is only 13 months old herself. She was quite confused when the first two popped out. The second two she & I didnt know she even had them until they started wigglin around. (wish my kids would have been that easy to deliver! But at 9.3# and 10.6# that wasnt likely - even with drugs. LOL!)
Elsa isnt sure what to think of them. She hisses at them and walks away. Maggie (choco lab) is very curious, Harley (blk lab) could really care less.

I need it to warm up. DD has a soccer game in 30 minutes then its workin in the yard the rest of the day. I hate workin in a sweatshirt, but I gotta stay warm too.

October...where did the time go?!?
Steph
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 1, 2011
5:14 PM

Post #8832095

High around 68 with lows last night in the low 40s. Sunny all day and it felt good!!!

Toothache plants. Very hardy and cool looking plants

Thumbnail by pepper23

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 1, 2011
5:44 PM

Post #8832138

70's tomorrow. 60 something today. Nice enough to get the lawn mowed and leaves raked. Didn't get a thing planted but that is because I took the time to bag when I was mowing. Too many oak leaves already just to mulch them in. Besides, I was tending to kitties every now and again when I did laundry.

Tomorrow I will plant. It will be nicer anyway.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 1, 2011
8:18 PM

Post #8832266

AWHHHHHHHHHH! Cute Babies! They look just like a baby Rusty and Dusty! Soooo cute! AND of all things, when I enlarged the picture of the kitties, the Ad at the top of the page was BABIES R US haha! I think that's hilarious! too cute!

We got rain...yeah! It has cooled off some!

Birthday dinner went well. My dearest daughter's bday is tomorrow. She and I will go have a Mother/Daughter lunch! If I were to tell her age, she would disown me. haha! Her kids are high school students...but for some reason she feels OLD! Welll, I guess that will do it to you, now that I think back when she was their age, haha! No wonder I FEEL OLD! Oh...yeah...I am...I had a senior moment there for a minute...haha!

Hope everyone is OK! Have a great day!!

Jeanne

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2011
3:31 AM

Post #8832415

36°/70° Sunny. Winds light and variable.

Minnesippi, TWINS! AWESOME! I never knew they could have twins! They are just adorable, and good for Tweek! I'll bet she's tired today and wants you to babysit, LOL!

Those are cold temps for yesterday :o(

ErzsebetF, welcome! ROTFL. We love cat people here. I have two boys myself, and we feed both neighbor boys :o)

Minnesippi, I see Elsa isn't going to baby sit :o)

DD and soccer. I love it when girls play!

Pepper, do they spread a lot? I'm sure liking them!

Minnesippi, just getting the yard mowed is a big chore out of the way. Mine is done and I can concentrate on planting. This week is going to be the last warm hurrah, I think.

Jeanne, I remember when I was a lot younger and couldn't remember exactly how old I was. Now I remember and don't care :o)

ROTFL over the senior moment! I find I am younger than I used to think this age was!

I remembered to get my flu shot Friday. I do feel good about that. The H1N1 is included in it this year. No more flu for me!! It didn't hurt either :o)
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 2, 2011
6:34 AM

Post #8832567

43.8 out back right now - headed for 70's today. I was for some reason chilled to the bone last night so I broke down and turned the furnace on. :( Luckily, I can turn it off in an hour or two.
No - Elsa will not be babysitting. Lol.
DD's first year is soccer - she is goalie and she loves it. Good at it too. Softball was the same way for her over the summer. She was a natural at that. Which was surprising. She's more on the "nerdy" side when it comes to sports - but since we found one she loved and excelled at, she is "turning off the nerdy" :D Dont remember if I mentioned it - she is 11 and was invited to take the SAT's in November. A "fart smucker" as my friend said. VERY proud of her.
Mowing our yard is a huge chore. 3/4 acre with a push mower and a hill in front that is getting harder and harder to walk up. SO need to come up with a retaining wall solution for the front but it wold be a $25k job...and I haven't planted a money tree yet. I keep looking for a school or student or something so I cant get it done "for parts", but no luck yet.
You are as young as you feel, regardless of age...and most days that makes me about 85 after my chores are done.
Had momma and her crew in their cat bed up on my bed last night. Dotn think I will be doing that again. They are noisy when they get hungry. They woke me about every 2 hours. But Tweek was more comfortable I think. She snuggled with me most of the night, which isn't like her. Right now they are fighting over nipples. I need to "write their names on them" so they quit fighting ;) lol. 'now you each get two...no reason to fight' LOL!
Have a good day ya'll. Enjoy the sun.
Steph
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 2, 2011
5:39 PM

Post #8833363

Highs in low 70s, lows going back up to mid to high 40s. Sunny and no rain in sight yet.

Thumbnail by pepper23

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 3, 2011
3:25 AM

Post #8833814

40°/77° Sunny. Winds light and variable.

Minnesippi, same thing here, about being chilled to the bone. It must be that first sign that the body is adjusting to something :o)

Wow, just 11 with a good head on her shoulders. How nice to feel sooo proud!

That is very much to mow. I think a rider would be cheaper an d just push the hill. I have a small ditch running the length of the property and my next mower is going to be self propelled!

I have 0.40 Acres; 17,280 SF. Most of it is garden and flower beds, two garages and a house. We got a second garage by buying the lot next door and selling the mobile home that sat there. Same for the garden, or else I wouldn't have anything!

A HUGE AWWWW! Are you sure the kittens can't sleep up there :o)

Pepper, LOVE the colors!

We took the boys home yesterday and enjoyed the babies. Both were awake :o))

Walnuts down from the wind.

Thumbnail by billyporter

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 3, 2011
3:26 AM

Post #8833815

I'm right under the tree in both pictures :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 3, 2011
4:26 AM

Post #8833857

Beautiful weekend here, was 57 Saturday morning at sunrise, but still warmed up to 80. We sat around the fire at our friends house and when we got home around ten PM our son and his gal were out in our backyard roasting wieners over our fire pit. DH and I sat out last night around the fire pit and then we laid in our hammock and looked up at the stars and we both dozed off. I woke up to his snoring around midnight...wonder what our neighbors think...lol.

minnesippi the baby kitties are adorable...good thing I live far away...I sure don't need four cats...lol.

Texasgal glad to hear of the rain and COOLER weather...feels good doesn't it?

Pepper that toothache plant looks interesting...why is it called a toothache plant anyhow? Your weather sounds wonderful.

ErzsebetF that is pretty cool, we won't see that cool for a couple months yet...we are usually in your area this time of year, have a RV and always head to GA, SC, and NC this time of year for a month. But we had other things this year to keep us at home...I am missing my trip to the mountains...BIG TIME.

Billy anything in the thirties is too cold for me, glad to see you are warming up a bit. I have never had a flu shot or the flu. But I really need to get one.

Minnie that is one smart daughter you have...I'm sure you are very proud of her.
I can just imagine being in bed with all those cats/kittens. I woke up this morning with all three of my cats in bed with me, we had the windows open so the house cooled down to 70. They only get in bed with us when they are cold. I don't like them sleeping on me, one of the boys weighs almost twenty pounds, I'm sure... and he won't budge when I want to roll over. They do love the cooler weather and are running all over the house this morning playing.

Wow Billy that is a lot of walnuts...what do you do with them all?

59 this morning but heading up to 83 and the rest of the week we'll be back up to the mid to upper 80's. and no more nice upper 50's at night or sitting around the fire...but was nice for the weekend. Have a great week everyone.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 3, 2011
5:12 AM

Post #8833887

Sunkissed, ROTFL, but that was awesome!!

A month long vacation. I've never had one, but it sure sounds like a nice change of pace.

I used to get the flu a lot when I was a kid, and a teen. Then I kind of grew out of it, and bronchaitis. Last year, with the flu I threw up everything but water till I went to the Dr. I didn't even know it was the flu. I thought I had sinus really bad, LOL! That was right on the tail end of getting over bronchaitis. Another suprise, to find out I had IT!
So, flu shots for me from now on. I am a bit ''over the hill'' at 54 :o)

Cracking up! I share my pillow with a 12#'er. He isn't there when I fall asleep :o)

The walnuts get tossed across the road in the weeds for the squirrels to find. It's old railroad property and the Nichols Ag building is on the other side so we get no complaints.

Great week coming here!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 3, 2011
6:41 AM

Post #8834014

Great week coming here also. 80's in the forecast all week! Too bad I don't have any vacation time :( SO much to do still.
I tilled up a garden yesterday - pulling out about 60 (+/-) fern, a 5 gallon bucket of wild violets (hiss) and ditch lily. I hafta get rid of that crap. Garden is approx 7ft x 30ft give or take on the 30ft. I took pictures but they are on my camera (sitting here next to me) and I dont have a way to get them on the computer from work. So I will post them later. Got all the crap dug out by hand, tilled it up and replanted the bleeding heart, 20 iris, magnolia, ginko & dinosaur trees, a shrub that I have no idea what it is and dropped a bunch of seed for next spring. I remembered to mark everything as well :) except the blanket flower - but I will do that tonight. My bleeding heart was HUGE!! I dug a 3ft x 3ft section full of roots. I couldnt get over how big it was! So if anyone wants bareroot bleeding heart, let me know now - I can drop it in the mail before I throw it all in a hole. I have enough for 10-15 people after I replanted some and set some aside for 3 other people! My fingers hurt from digging as does my lower back. Had the back firepit going all day yesterday and it was nice. Acorns popping every now and again. Gotta be careful - it doesnt feel good getting nailed by one.

So kittens are doing well. Tweek gets anxious when she hears them crying. DH & I were left to babysit for a while last night and when she came back she was very nervous. We were each holding 2 and she didn't know who to sit with. I just love all their toes! They each weight about 4oz. Tweek is back down to just over 8#. She was 9.6# about 6 hours before delivery.

I dont do flu shots. They put me down for a week. If I would have know ahead of time I was going to be sick last week I would have went ahead and got one - but not now. Finally feeling better. Not 100%, but better. Still lots of sinus drainage and the loose cough.

Billy - I have acorns like you have walnuts. Do deer eat them or just squirrels? We put them in a pile this year for the deer.

I would love a month long vacation. Would settle for a week (with perfect weather of course).

I am requesting a "redo" for this morning...woke up late, couldnt keep my mascara on my lashes to save my life, cranky, dumped my coffee all over myself and the kitchen floor - no time to change my pants, just my socks which were soaked. Wiped up the kitchen floor - will need to wash it when I get home. THEN I spilled my coffee again in the car..DS tries to hide cars in his backpack on me, fundraiser due today, tailgater most of the way to work and I am already out of work to do today. I will be updating the resume and searching for supplemental work to do...smh. Dr took me off my Zoloft (to see if it is related to my headaches) and man..can I tell. I am so cranky today I just want to bury my head in the garden.

North is looking for warmer temps, south is looking for cooler temps. Funny. We just need some rain. We are 3" below and Sept was record setting for lack of rain.

We have a rider, but the mower deck hasnt been on it for 2 years. I prefer the push mower. Its my exercise. But no matter what you use on the front hill, its a pain in the back side. The rider will tip if it isnt angled right. The 3/4 acre does have a side by side duplex, a detached garage and according to my husband, too many gardens. Lol. I would love more property - specifically my neighbors to the east property. 1) because they drive us nuts, 2) because they have about 1.5 acres and are surrounded by nature, have a pond and are also @ a dead end like we are. Their fence is falling down, so might as well kick them out and just knock down the fence :)

Obvious I dont have any work to do..huh? ;)

Yes, very proud of DD. She is wise beyond her years and has always had an "old" soul. I already can't help her with her homework :(

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 3, 2011
8:03 AM

Post #8834127

found me a cord :)
Maggie has to be a helper. She needs to learn how to dig where I want, not where she wants...

Thumbnail by minnesippi

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 3, 2011
8:04 AM

Post #8834129

Can you count all my toes? :)

Thumbnail by minnesippi

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 3, 2011
6:58 PM

Post #8835020

Warming back up to low 80s again. I want my 70s back!! lol

Here is some info on the toothache plant. Everyone calls it a tender perennial but it came back for me no problem this year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acmella_oleracea

Thumbnail by pepper23

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 4, 2011
3:22 AM

Post #8835300

45°/81° Mainly sunny. Warm. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.

Minnesippi, that is a dream bed!! I wish I had the room to set everything out of a bed, till I could get it, or something, back in.

Bleeding Hearts (Spectibilis anyway) are tender. I can never dig one without breaking off the roots, so I leave mine where they are.

ROTFL!!! Try getting hit with a walnut!!

Oh, baby kitties. So so sweet and adorable. Tweek is quite the Mama too!

Flu shots shouldn't make anyone sick. It's a dead virus. I think people are coming down with something right before they get one.

Deer adore them! Squirrels, mice, blue jays, etc. love them too.

Awww on feeling cranky. If you had headaches all your life, I doubt the Zoloft is causuing them now. But, I'm not a Dr.

Oh yeah! We never have enough land. I covet either tythe north or south properties here. The north at least has a shed with a storm celler in it. It could double as a root cellar. It's also three properties like mine. The south is a single, 60', by 20' at the end.

Oh Maggie, you're a pretty one!

Oh! What a doll! More nails to dig into you when they harden :o)

Pepper, how tall is your salvia?

Wow, I knew it was used for toothaches, but it is some plant!

Yesterday, I washed yard ornaments and packed them up. I looked over the flower beds. I got the last oriental lilys dug and I am seriously thinking of planting all in their own pot and burying it this Fall. It would be so much easier to move them.

Yesterday another bunch of linemen came and started on the tree line across the road. I cringe over every one that comes down, but high wires run along there and they are just doing what needs to be done. In 35 years, a tree has never fallen on the lines, but after the straight line winds, the insulator broke and we had a ''Wizard of Oz'' flare up and BANG. (Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.) It was pretty exciting :o)
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 4, 2011
6:07 AM

Post #8835429

80's today!! YEAH!!
I was "inspecting" kittens last night. the one I though had 23 toes has 25!! SO funny!

My same thoughts on the Zoloft. Instead I get to go through withdrawls (brain goes "ZZZT" every now and again)
Maggie & Tweek are the same color. Maggie went through a psudo pregnancy when we got Tweek. Guess she thought Tweek was hers. Lol.
I know the flu virus is dead, but it never fails - always get sick after one. Maybe its all in my head :)
The squirrels dug up a few of my Brodaea bulbs in that bed yesterday :( There was only 5 in the package and I got them "for" my son Brodie. (Closest I could get to his name). Have an Aubrey Johnson daylily in the bed across for my daughter Aubrey too. They were so excited when they knew plants were "named after" them :)

Toothache plant is interesting. How big does it get? Is it like a shrub?

I need to quit searching plants during the day...my want list is getting bigger and bigger - and I realized I need to live in zone 9 ;)LOVE those tropicals.
My BH's break apart too - but that just means more plants :) I had divided one in the spring and got 20 plants out of it. This one I could get 30 or more. I have the "good" roots set aside. Some have buds on them already. Some were totally "dissolved" and just crumbled. Very interesting root system how it intertwines. Also founf TONS of JoePye roots in amongst the pile.

Well, I will have a little more to do @ work today. Have to send some reports out. I worked a total of 12 minutes yesterday. Today probably more like an hour and a half. A meeting will take up an hour. What to do...

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

October 4, 2011
8:47 AM

Post #8835599

It is possible to get sick with a flu vaccine. Some are made with a weakened live version of the virus and other made with the dead virus. The kind they shoot in your nose is live.

Raining today! Woohoo! 62º now.

This message was edited Oct 4, 2011 8:47 AM

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 4, 2011
9:40 AM

Post #8835693

HI, guys! Still busy here, terrible drought...hasn't been raining since August 4 so I need to water thouroughlly everyday. Still very hot outside too, although it's October...too weird! I may be away for a few days, until I will pay my DG subscription, but you've already got acustomed to this!LOL
Sending hugs to all!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

October 4, 2011
9:43 AM

Post #8835701

Looks yummy, Adina! See you soon!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 4, 2011
5:40 PM

Post #8836281

The toothache plant for me is only about 6 inches tall or so. Not very tall at all. Great for the front of a bed.

Hot with temps in the high 80s today. Most of Kansas (and some other states surrounding it) are under a red flag warning due to the dry conditions. No rain now for several weeks and with low humidity and falling leaves the danger is high. So far we aren't under the warning but if we don't get the promised rain this weekend we probably will be. I'll get another pic tomorrow from a different angle.

Some of my tropicals waiting to go back in the house for winter. Plumeria, hibiscus and elepant ear.

Thumbnail by pepper23

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 5, 2011
7:13 AM

Post #8836874

Thanks, Celia! I wasn't gone for too long!LOL I have a guardian angel who paid for my subscription yesterday, so here I am! I don't know who did this, so I will say thank you for who did this on every thread!LOL
Still warm and sunny, drought everywhere, except my garden where the soil is wet and doesn't get dry so quickly anymore...maybe because of the very low temps during the night, only 51F. We had 85F at noon today!!!!!
Minnesippi, love your cute pets!
Pepper, great shot of the toothache plant!
Sunset on my street.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

October 5, 2011
7:16 AM

Post #8836880

Guardian Angels are fun, aren't they. Pretty sunset!

Much cooler today. 57º and calm now with high clouds. I think we're in for high wionds and rain late. Time to batten down.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 5, 2011
8:13 AM

Post #8836928

headed for 86 today. No rain again - warnings all over due to the dryness. Have to make sure I get out there and water tonight.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 5, 2011
9:41 AM

Post #8837022

Sunny & warm. Summertime temps.
Last night was really nice. Bright moon, 63º, slight breeze. Only sound were combines in the distance..Soybeans are nearly all out.
Corn harvesting has started. Crop looks real good & the best part, the corn is dry enough that big oil won't be selling gas to dry it. (They had raised the price of LP gas just in time for the harvest. Hope they choke of the gas!)

I am working on my house siding. Will post pictures later.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 5, 2011
11:05 AM

Post #8837127

wanted to play hookie today from work. It is beautiful! Got my wish - but unfortunately it is because my DD is beside herself with the loss of a friend. http://www.twincities.com/ci_19040691

Here is the garden I need to get back into and finish (picture above is after I dug - this one is after I replanted)

Think I have lost some asiatic lily too. Squirrels go nuts (no pun intended) during the day when the dogs are locked inside.

Watering the back yard - lawn, veggies and gardens today. No rain in weeks. Driest Sept on record and nothing in Oct so far. Thunderstorms are in the forecast for Saturday.
WED Sunny. 82º / 54º
THU Mostly sunny.77º / 54º
FRI Increasing cloudiness. 78º / 58º
SAT Sprinkles. Increasing cloudiness. 74º / 59º
SUN Rain. Overcast. 72º / 55º

Thumbnail by minnesippi

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 5, 2011
11:09 AM

Post #8837131

Well we broke down and turned the AC back on last evening, the cats don't like their Florida room closed off to them. It still felt nice this morning 63, and I saw that bright moon last night. Was some clouds this morning but the skies have been really blue. Supposed to start getting rain by this weekend...of course because we plan on going camping and kayaking.

Minnie those are a lot of toes on that kitty...so cute. Oh and I'm in zone 9b and it is good and bad, because we get really hot, drought, too wet, lots of bugs that chomp, then freezing temps. We get it all...and pesky squirrels that eat my veggies.

Billy I can imagine a walnut would hurt, I've got acorns hitting me out in the yard all the time. I have seven oaks, so lots of acorns. I hate seeing huge trees be cut down also. They sort of cut down the middle of ours leaving a V shape where the lines go. Doesn't look too great, but at least they leave the tree.

Adina nice crop there...I went out this morning to pick two bell peppers I knew were ready and they are completely and totally gone...I'm sure it is the pesky squirrels...UGH!

CG...too funny...I hope so too. Funny how fast the gas goes up...but never drops back down as fast. OUr corn season was way back in May...and wasn't the best this year because we were in a drought back then. I think last year wasn't good because too much rain...always something.

Pepper I looked up that toothache plant. that is a pretty neat thing to have around. I like to have medicinal plants in the yard.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 5, 2011
3:40 PM

Post #8837421

Well, we got done what we could until we ran out of materials.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 5, 2011
6:00 PM

Post #8837591

Cooler today but not by much. A friend and my grandma both harvested their sweet potatoes today. Both got big harvests. I'll dig mine up hopefully Sunday.

Thumbnail by pepper23

LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 5, 2011
6:36 PM

Post #8837633

Amanda, you have become quite a professional gardener. So proud to call you my friend. Looking at "Lucys Chocolate Factory" right now.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

October 5, 2011
10:03 PM

Post #8837836

It's raining! We've had .27" in the last hour with more coming down.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 6, 2011
5:43 AM

Post #8838049

broke a 132 year record yesterday by 1 degree. Made it to 88*
low 50's over night - 82* today.

Rain coming this weekend...needed badly (as it is so many places)

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

October 6, 2011
9:08 AM

Post #8838273

Seems records were broken all over this year.

We have rain now. 1.28" since 5pm last evening.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 6, 2011
9:29 AM

Post #8838301

Sunkissed, your squirrels are nice...I have a huge doggie who is digging every night in my veggie garden...grrr! I need to take a picture of it!
Nice, warm day today, still no rain.
My asters are blooming big time.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 6, 2011
6:46 PM

Post #8838912

Hot and breezy today. Rain coming sometime in the next few days they say. I'll believe it when I see it.

Thumbnail by pepper23

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 7, 2011
9:13 AM

Post #8839505

We are having off and on showers here due to strong east winds and a tropical low to the south. The last three days were lovely barely making it to 80... and we enjoyed our fire pit again the last two nights. But we were going camping in St. Augustine for five days and were to leave Sunday. We are waiting until tomorrow to totally decide but looks like we are going to have to cancel, I don't want to sit in the motor home all day long. Also winds predicted to be up to 30 and too high for driving the motor home on the roadway. Nice thing about being retired is we can always wait out the storms. :)

Our fire pit the other night...DH says he's gonna build us permanent one real soon...this one is about on its last leg.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 7, 2011
10:16 AM

Post #8839578

WINDY today..gusts form south up to 60mph.
Sunkissed - we have been warmer than you this week? Wow! high 80's all week (which is just fine with me!)
high 70's today with rain on the way tomorrow. Too windy for a fire - and too many warnings/restrictions as well because we are so dry. Almost a month (or longer) since we've seen real rain.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 7, 2011
5:30 PM

Post #8840097

Similar weather to minnesippi but with highs in the 80s. Under burn ban also due to being so dry.

Thumbnail by pepper23

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 8, 2011
5:36 AM

Post #8840514

Well I cancelled the camping trip..gonna be wet and windy until about Tuesday. Rained hard all night long, but I like to sleep to the sound of rain on the roof. We don't get hard all night rains that often.
Minnie and pepper I hate fire bans...they happen here in our cooler weather time when you want to have a fire. Hope you all get some rain soon.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 8, 2011
6:05 AM

Post #8840536

66 riht now, overcast. Sitting on the deck with my coffee and my critters...waiting for the rain. Weather is shooting for 77 today.
One more cup of coffee and i will start tootin around in the garden if its not raining. Have some sorry looking plants that are screaming for water.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 8, 2011
5:38 PM

Post #8841205

Windy with temps in the 80s again. A bit too hot for me right now. I want the temps back in the 70s.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 8, 2011
7:47 PM

Post #8841378

Hi EVERYONE!!!!! Wow! Y'all have been busy! It is good to hear from everyone. Nice plants! Seems like there is bad weather everywhere...either too much rain, or not enough...temps in the high eighties here again...we are still 24" (Yep...2 feet under the rain level we need...very dry.) Sorry to hear about the headaches. You should have been weened off of the Zoloft. I weened myself off, so not so much withdrawals. I know it helped, but I was like a ZOMBIE. I think much clearer, faster without it...well, most of the time...DS would take offense to that last statement. haha.

I didn't think I had been gone that long. But it has been a week! I have been underthe weather...literally...Ragweed, I guess, I have an Upper Respiratory infection that will NOT go away. So I guess I will have to go to the Dr. this next week. Was sick last Sun. so didn't go to Lunch with my DD. Do not want to get her sick. She is on a new job, can't afford to miss any work!

Kittens are soooooo adorable. Reminds me why I fell in love with my two. We got them when they were four days old. Eyes not even opened. They have never seen their own mother. They were bottled fed around the clock for weeks at Daughter's house. Instead of hearing their Mother's meow, they heard kids screaming "Mom", so I guess their little brains recorded human sounds instead of "Meow". You should talk to them alot as well as love on them.

Ours were rescued from a warehouse where one of their brother's were killed by a forklift. DD has one, we have two, all others (BOYS also) were given away.

Dusty literally calls me "MA." He can say it in several tones from the short to the very long "Ma...ah ah ah" if he is upset it's "Ma...ahahah NOW!" Then you know he's had it.

I tell him, "IN A MINUTE!" He'll only take that for awhile before he starts over. He'll throw his weight (all 16 lbs +) at the door so the door bangs back and forth. He's very demanding, neglected, and vocal when he does not get attention. He OWNS this house, all in it, and runs it well! Rusty complains rarely, but when he does, better go see what he wants. He will complain if the litter box is not clean or if something is amiss. Then he very quietly meows, "mere...". Because I tell them "mere" instead of come here!

Enough about the cats...I could write a whole blog about them. They are precious, entertaining, and very loving. They are now 7 yrs old. unbelievable.

Hope everyone has a great week! ( We do love the cooler weather thanks!!!!)

Jeanne

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 8, 2011
8:20 PM

Post #8841405

Rain never came today. Good thing I watered this morning. Went to a corn maze with the DH & kids, then to an orchard, picked pumpkins and apples. Made a "throw it together" pie thing - cooked in on the grill. burnt the graham cracker but the kids loved it. Then made an apple crunch and a grocery list for everything else I am planning on making - both apple & pumpkin. YUM!!

Kittens are fighting over nipples as I type...Tweek doesnt like it and looks to DH (her surrogate) for help. She keeps rolling and flips them off.

Sunday - Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers. Highs 75 to 80. Southeast winds 10 mph. ~ guess I will be watering more tomorrow.

Nighty-night all
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 8, 2011
8:39 PM

Post #8841427

Minn, is this her first litter? You may have to bottle feed some to help subsidize them...if they aren't getting enough. Only you don't want them to become dependent on that and not nurse, or then she will get too full and it can cause her pain...hard to know just what to do.

I guess it is better to leave them alone if they are healthy. At 5 weeks you can start feeding them can food mixted with water or milk to help them out. They normally ween at six weeks.

Jeanne

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2011
4:48 AM

Post #8841664

52°/83° Sunny. Very warm. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph.

MIA here. I read, so I'm caught up. :o)

I've been working daily on moving flowers, tearing flowers out and just trying to change the beds around. I only have a few days of really warm weather left and then we have a high in the low 60's from then on :o(

I did manage to peel and cook down one dishpan full of apples before I lose them. The poeaches, slowly went bad. It was not a good year or good peaches.

Yesterday we took the boys to Hardee's for a happy meal, then on to Wild Cat Den, Weed Park, out for ice cream and Mark Twain's Look Out, built where my cousins used to live. I walked a long Memory Lane yesterday.

Loved everyone's posts!

DH and the grandsons heading up a long line of stairs at Wild Cat Den.

Thumbnail by billyporter

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2011
4:49 AM

Post #8841667

Awesome rocks all over the place.

Thumbnail by billyporter

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2011
4:50 AM

Post #8841669

It's just beautiful there.

Thumbnail by billyporter

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 9, 2011
6:19 AM

Post #8841748

Billy, that looks beautiful!
Yes Jeanne, her first litter. They are all gaining nicely. I should weigh them again today though. They all fight over the same nipple...must be a good one ;) lol. They all have access to two...but they like that one. There isnt a runt like usual, so thats good. The girl looks the biggest but she didnt weigh the most. They all ranged from 4.9 to 5.1 oz when they were born. I suppose its time for pictures again... :) tweek has just bonded with my DH and likes/prefers him to help her. She cries at him to move her babies for her and one night she transported them all up into our bed to sleep between his legs.

Lots to do again today. With all the fun we had yesterday, i have catching up to do. Having groceries delivered so i can start baking season. Dont want 17# of apples to go bad. Bake and freeze, bake and freeze. Then learn to can...qyes, learn to can. Mom never did it so I never learned. I have a huge enamel pot tho, just no jars yet. Crap, i knew i forgot something when i was shopping online. Oh well...Fleet Farm trip I guess. Countrygardnens, you might be (maybe billy too) ths only ones who know whaat FF is...lol.
Haave a good day.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 9, 2011

Post #8841833

Rain, rain and more rain here. In 24 hours we got over nine inches of rain...I can't remember this long of rain since hurricane Jeanne came over. I'm sure it has to be some kind of record. Still raining as I type, temperatures in the mid to upper 70's.

Texasgal I see rain on the radar over TX...are you close to that?...I know...BIG state, but hope you get some of that.

Billy love the pics, looks like a fun place to hike. You are making me miss the mountains now.

Minnie your kittens sound very entertaining, as well as Texasgal's Ma-ing cat. Sounds like a lot of cat lovers on here.

Since we're not going camping due to the tropical mess we are under I'm now going to participate in a neighborhood garage sale this coming weekend...so will be cleaning out closets and getting up in the attic while cooled off by the rain and cleaning out some junk. What else is there to do when it rains this long? I have no idea how I could stand this all the time...missing the bright moon at night.

This was the last I saw of the moon...oh and that same night I saw a bright blue green meteor coming down with a pretty golden trail behind it...saw it on the news the next day, they say there will be more up until the full moon...of course I can't see anything through all the clouds.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 9, 2011
10:43 AM

Post #8842076

kittens are weighing in between 24.3 & 26 oz...doing well. "18" has one eye open - he was first born. :)
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 9, 2011
5:26 PM

Post #8842506

Still a bit warm and no rain. Ground is bone dry. I dug up sweet potatoes and it took several hours due to fighting the ground. Had a hard time getting the potato fork to go in. Then at times I wasn't deep enough so had to dig some more! lol. I ended up with about a bucket full.

Temps to cool down quite a bit this week. Yeah!!!!!!!!

Zinna.

Thumbnail by pepper23

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 10, 2011
4:15 AM

Post #8843009

49°/81° Sun and clouds mixed. Very warm. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph.

Minnesippi, cracking up over Tweek and her bonding. That is adorable!! Yes, always pictures! They will change so much.

You're right. We have a Blaine's Farm and Fleet and I like to go there for bird feeders and seed.

I inheirited most of Mom's canning jars and equipment. I helped her do tomato and grape juice, but she did the majority of it herself. I love to can. Get a Ball canning book. It has the basics and a lot of recipes. I got a pressure canner a few years ago and love to can meats and green beans with it. Soups/chili are on my ''try'' list. I haven't had time to do that yet.

Sunkissed, 9'' of rain and I would have a lake in my yard. It would take some time to soak in too, if it even could. Our water table is not that far down.

Oh boy, selling for closet space! :o)

The moon is big and bright here. I'd love to see meteors. I don't stay out afer dark like I used to when DH worked nights. I used to roam the yard and up the street with the outdoor cats till he came home. I miss those days, and those cats :o(

Pepper, I hear you on trying to get a fork in the ground. I've been using mine to pry iris out!

So pretty! I've been gathering zinnia seed as it dries on the plant.

Maybe, we get rain tomorrow. Better chance Wednesday. Till then, I'm outside all day to finish what I can.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

For Minnessippi, The mighty Mississippi!

Thumbnail by billyporter

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 10, 2011
6:21 PM

Post #8844140

Some drizzles, nothing more. Better chance tomorrow.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 10, 2011
7:06 PM

Post #8844203

Yes, Sunkissed, we got rain!!!!! Areas near us got 5 or more inches. We probably got 3-5 inches. I am sure all of the plants and trees really appreciated it! It was only 81 yesterday so we appreciated also. Plus I didn't have to water! Yeah!

Good to hear from everyone!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 10, 2011
7:28 PM

Post #8844240

only sprinkles here. :( 82 for a high.

Thanks for the pic Billy.

Babies are opening their eyes...well, starting.

Thumbnail by minnesippi

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 10, 2011
11:13 PM

Post #8844532

Aweeeee, so sweet!
Sally, great pics from your trip!
It's been raining everyday since Saturday, yeaaaaah! Temps have dropped down to 55F. I've been busy canning too.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

October 10, 2011
11:14 PM

Post #8844535

Oh...way to go, Adina. Now, I'm hungry! LOL

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 11, 2011
4:10 AM

Post #8844623

Well so glad Texasgal you got rain...about time!

Minnie that baby is so dang cute...I had a cat when growing up named Whiskey and the kitten looks just like her.

Adina...yum...yum...looks great. I wish we could grow a bounty like that here...just too tropical.

Billy there is a lot of standing water and many people are flooded...not my yard, all sand and soaks right in, luckily I'm at the top of a hill. But went for my bike ride yesterday and the creeks are overflowing into backyards. It'll all be soaked in by the weeks end. I've seen it much worse than this. I heard on the news south of us got fourteen inches total..wow.

I have so much to clean up from the tropical storm, sticks, acorns and leaves everywhere. Was still too wet yesterday to clean up but should be dry enough today. The sunshine is back and it is going to be pretty warm up through the weekend, upper 80's. UGH...I'm ready for cooler weather. Maybe next week?

This is Simba...doing what he does best...

Thumbnail by sunkissed

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 11, 2011
4:24 AM

Post #8844628

61°/79° Showers this morning becoming less numerous during the afternoon hours. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%

It's RAINING! It won't be much or last, but I didn't expect to wake up to it.

Pepper, I hope to get much more tomorrow!

Jeanne, fantastic! I hope you get rain regularly now.

Minnesippi, oh, so adorable!!

Adina, how beautiful your jars look!

Sunkissed, living on a hill sure saves your yard! You grow so much for it being sandy. I think I'd rather pick up walnuts. You must have to rake the acorns into a pile just to pick them up.

Simba is so cute!!

I managed to dig all but one kind of Tulip from the garden last night and replant in the Harry Lauder Bed. Same for the Fall Asters. The dirt is really sandy and was rock hard from no rain. I did bring better dirt over to fill in under the poor plants.

The huge rock is what DH dug out of the yard. He thought he wasn't going to get it. I thought he was. If he didn't I would have done it myself, and he knew it :o)

Before...

Thumbnail by billyporter

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 11, 2011
4:25 AM

Post #8844629

After. Now I need a picture showing the asters planted. It got too dark last night as I was finishing up.

Thumbnail by billyporter

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 11, 2011
5:42 PM

Post #8845506

Warm again and some scattered showers tonight. Tomorrow, chance of storms.

Aster and mum. Aster looks half dead now because I forgot to water it once. Now I water it every day. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 12, 2011
4:37 AM

Post #8845913

52°/73° Through 11am: Low clouds, fog and poor visibility conditions will improve around 7am. Mostly cloudy with temperatures rising towards the mid 60s. Winds light and variable. Showers this morning then scattered thunderstorms developing during the afternoon hours. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%

Pepper, I love the color of the aster. Is it naturally short or did you pinch? It's funny, last year I liked the blue violet aster the best, this year the red violet looked good to me. I have one pink rescue and I'd like to have more, but my favorite is the rosy pink Alma Potsche. I can't wait to see how all three colors look, planted together.

Yesterday was another beautiful day outside accomplishing! Maybe I can get out this morning too. So far, we have no dense fog. I can see country lights. I can see the moon too so we have no clouds. Day is breaking, I'm dressed and having breakfast. I will get out and plant tulips early!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 12, 2011
8:48 AM

Post #8846186

IT IS RAINING!!!
First time we have had more than a sprinkle since July 16.

Looks like it will last most of the day. Yippee!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 12, 2011
8:54 AM

Post #8846200

Lucky! Its not here yet.
LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 12, 2011
11:05 AM

Post #8846357

Not bragging, just being thankful, we got rain for the second time in a week. First since April at my house.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 12, 2011
12:48 PM

Post #8846450

Still raining.
I washed & helped candle eggs. I am setting up a CSA for eggs for the winter. If it works good, I will continue it for next summer. So far people are happy. Store bought eggs are despicable!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 12, 2011
12:57 PM

Post #8846467

Finally raining here. Swimming pool in the parking lot here @ work. The ground is so dry its like it wont accept the water.
Fun night for puddle jumpin :)

COME ON RAIN!!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

October 12, 2011
3:20 PM

Post #8846610

Hello Everyone!

I just use my step-son's laptop and check in so I let you all that I have Internet on tomorrow after 8 pm... Yaa! About time I get cheap internet for a year...

I post tomorrow as I get my Internet on...

Take care,
Rusty & JuJu
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 12, 2011
5:09 PM

Post #8846760

No rain today. I could see the storms that are south of here and I could see the storms north of me but nothing here.

The aster is the same height as I bought it. lol. I just planted it a couple weeks ago. It looks nothing like that now. Now it looks almost dead. I don't know if it will survive thru winter for me or not. Barely any green on it.

Butterfly on zinna. It's a bit grainy due to zooming in so far.

Thumbnail by pepper23

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 12, 2011
5:22 PM

Post #8846776

Yeah...Rusty...your own Internet. Check in once it is all set up. Nice out this evening...got a bit up there in temps today...but not uncomfortable. Plants are looking good from all the rain we had over the weekend. But all that rain brought back the skeeters...ugh!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 12, 2011
5:26 PM

Post #8846784

Rusty, glad you are back!!!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 13, 2011

Post #8847107

58°/67° Windy with a few showers early then partly cloudy for the afternoon. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Bernie, wasn't the first rain in a long time, relaxing?
I remember my great aunt candling eggs.

Lou, that is wonderful! It takes one time to start breaking the cycle.

Minnesippi, more rain!!

Howdy Rusty! Glad you're back!!

Pepper, no growth does make it sound iffy. I guess it still could make it thru the winter.

Still a nice picture. I call it dreamy rather than grainy :o)

Sunkissed, oh no. Mosquitos! One thing about it here. It's too cold to hatch them.

Yesterday morning I did get the last few tulips planted and moved a daylily I remembered was in a hidden spot. Then it rained. Last night it rained better with thunder and lightning! We have a total of 7/10'' which is a good start. We were pretty dry again.

One half of the garden with no tulips or hollyhocks around the edges. Hand turned except around the hook since it will fall over in the wind with heavy feeders hanging on it.

Thumbnail by billyporter

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 13, 2011
5:57 PM

Post #8848065

Checked my aster today and it has some more green on it so as long as I keep dumping water on it, it should be ok.

Weather was decent except for the wind. A stiff breeze today kept things interesting.

Fall color on my 2 blueberry bushes. I need to find a home for them in the ground.

Thumbnail by pepper23

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 14, 2011
3:43 AM

Post #8848391

48°/64Windy with a mix of clouds and sun. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Pepper,
Yayy! I figured you would bring it back to life!

We had wind yesterday, but it was our last nice day. Look out today!

My SIL has blueberries. The bushes are still really small, but I got to see a pink berry on it's way to blue :o) I hope your's do well. The fall color is nice. I was suprised that my Ribes odoratum had fall color, but it is of the goosberry family.

Grandbabies, yesterday :o)

They move so much it's hard to get a non blurry picture. Our boy is the talker and mover. She's more serious, but makes quiet noises. She has a great smile :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 14, 2011

Post #8848394

One more :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 14, 2011
5:57 AM

Post #8848507

VERY adorable Billy!

Speaking of "grand babies" the kittens are starting to take their first steps :) Time to get a play pen...lol.
LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 14, 2011
7:46 AM

Post #8848627

The twins are wonderful. Double blessing.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

October 14, 2011
8:43 AM

Post #8848681

Woohoo! More bebe pics!!! Just as adorable as ever, Sally.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 14, 2011
5:23 PM

Post #8849236

Coolish with temps only in the 60s and blustery.

Varigated Sedum. A bright spot in the garden.

Thumbnail by pepper23

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 15, 2011

Post #8849512

Awww the babies are so adorable...doubly so.
I've been busy with this garage sale and now remember why ten years ago I said I'd never have one again. :) But I made some money and cleaned out the garage and closets and got rid of some things. Today is the last day and then we are off camping and kayaking for the next week.

Still got up to the lower 80's most this week, but this morning nice at 63. Supposed to climb back to mid 80's for a couple days...at least I hope because the spring waters we kayak in are cold! But the mid week a cool down, weather shows on Thursday only up to upper 60's...I'll believe it when I feel it. Yep...that will be the day we cook some chili over the campfire.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week...sounds like winter is just around the corner for many...I sure like seeing the weather reports and garden changes in other parts of the country.

Wekiwa Springs...water always 72 degrees year round...Feels ice cold in hot temps and warm when cold temps.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 15, 2011
4:21 AM

Post #8849527

44°/67° Sunny to partly cloudy. Winds W at 15 to 25 mph.

Minnesippi :o)
Awww baby kitten steps!! But more true than you know, if they could be where they could get stepped on. I have many sizes of boxes that would make great play pens :o)

Pepper, I ordered a varigated once and it didn't come back the next year. That one is so pretty, and strong!

Sunkissed,
Grinning, I co-hosted one once and have never done another, nor will I. It drove me crazy to be tied down to the garage all day. The money was nice, but not enough :o)

Oh dear, I don't do cold water well at all. I'd be making the chili, waiting for everyone to come back, LOL!

How beautiful is that place!

Yep, frost/freeze comes this week, pretty much on schedule. The tree leaves that were so pretty are dulling already. I took terrible pictures of all the flower beds just to remember how my ''makeovers'' look. It did make me realize I do have more blooming than I thought, but it's here and there. I need bigger bunches of here and there :o)

Thanks everyone! I'm pretty partial to those babies :o)

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

October 15, 2011
3:26 PM

Post #8850146

My Internet is not on yet AT & T cancel twice again so I final told them about Internet so I hope will be before 18th If not on Internet again I will report them again!!!!

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 15, 2011
5:11 PM

Post #8850249

Went to Warsaw, MO today for Heritage Days. It's a festival celebrating the pioneer days. They make sorgnum with horses turning a wheel, make homemade apple butter the old fashioned way, kettle corn over the fire, and the people doing all this dress in period costumes. They also offered carriage rides that lasted about 10-15 minutes and were alot of fun. I will download the pics tomorrow and start posting them. Fall colors were kinda muted which disappointed me but it seems to be that way everywhere this year.

Weather was chilly this morning but warmed up alot in the sun today. When we came out of the woods the sun really knocked us for a loop. lol

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 16, 2011
3:04 AM

Post #8850628

44°/63° Chance of a shower or two during the morning, followed by partly cloudy skies this afternoon. High 63F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Rusty,
That really makes me mad! There should be no reason to not be able get internet hooked up and be on right away. GRRRR!!

Pepper, that sounds awesome, especially the carriage rides! It sure makes you glad for modern tools, inside the house and out!

Our colors started out promising, but I was noticing how dull they are already. Same difference, LOL! It is a bummer tho. I can't remember the last time even the hillside along the river was beautiful and bright.

It wasn't bad here yesterday. The wind was still chilly and the sun clouded over.

The boys sure had fun gathering the hedge balls for Grandma yesterday. They wanted to stay at the cemetery and look around. We checked for the pennies they dropped in a box that holds a vase. You pull the vase out and set it in the opening. Naturally Grandpa had a bit of change in his pocket, so they got to do it again.

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 16, 2011
8:09 AM

Post #8850846

the twin grandbabies what a blessing they are. Such beauties they both are.

Jan

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 16, 2011
11:36 AM

Post #8851144

Thanks Jan! I couldn't imagine life without them!

We had a passover shower that barely wet anything. Now it's breezy and chilly. It made 60* :o)
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 16, 2011
5:00 PM

Post #8851561

Got pretty warm today with temps reaching 70 and sunny.

Managed to get all the pots I wanted to overwinter outside in ground so they will hopefully have a better chance at survival.

Here's a pic of the carriage I rode in. The mare was tired by the time we got in so she the driver had to keep encouraging her to keep moving but all in all had a great time.

Thumbnail by pepper23

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 16, 2011
5:59 PM

Post #8851643

56 and WINDY today...got started in the yard about 10 or so this morning, raking - then Harley ended up somehow slicing his chest open chasing a chipmunk so that ended him up at the animal ER...me in tow...until after 1:00. Snuck out of there for a bit to run to the grocery store and get bread & creamer - but not something I was planning on doing today. Left there $530 poorer with a POUNDING headache. Missed my nephew's 1st birthday party - I was out for the count on the couch from 3-6 this afternoon. Still have the headache and didn't get ANYTHING accomplished today. :(
Cooler weather is on the way...still lots to do in the yard (PLEASE hold put until I can get everything done!!) Last week I heard flurries Tuesday, but havent heard any more about snow since then. (Not really been listening though).

Kitties are growing - I gave them each a bath the other night - with very loud objections from Tweek - but I spotted a flea :( so they didnt have a choice. Dont know where they would have picked those up from. Other animals don't have fleas but everyone was treated anyway...so far so good.

Headache, headache, go away...NEVER COME BACK!! UGH!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 17, 2011
4:31 AM

Post #8852086

37°/60° Some sun this morning with increasing clouds this afternoon. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.

That is a neat carriage Pepper. I'd love to ride in one!

Minnesippi,
I hope Harly wasn't hurt too bad!

Those headaches sure take your day away. I hope you have time to get things done, but if you don't, you don't. I didn't finish my to-do list either. In fact, it needs to be re-written because it's three years long, LOL!

We found a dead flea on one cat and we never have problems either. So, DH ran to the grocery store 7 miles away and they are sporting flea collars before any fleas drop off and multiply.

I'll bet Tweek didn't like her babie's cries, but get them used to a bath now and it will go better for them when they are older.

No words needed :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 17, 2011
6:17 PM

Post #8853331

Cold, blustery and cloudy with sprinkles off and on all day.

Here's my driver bringing her horse back after a short break.

Thumbnail by pepper23

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 18, 2011
3:20 AM

Post #8853628

43°/53° Considerable cloudiness. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph.

Pepper, love the picture! The poor tired horse heads home.

We had the kids last night, all four! Poor little girl is the one stuffed up now. The little boy is almost over his, and the oldest is still coughing. I can't believe we haven't had anything yet as the oldest was the first to be coughing over the weekend. The next in line is still holding his own.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 18, 2011
5:04 AM

Post #8853700

Love all your pics! Powerful storm yesterday, with very low temps, 40F this morning...the furnace is on! Forecasted higher temps tomorrow, up to 68F...strange weather!
Sally, sending prayers and hugs for your grandkids so they get well soon!
Clear sunset from a month ago.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 18, 2011
6:06 AM

Post #8853788

TOO COLD!!! 42 on my drive into work.

Baby kitties are becoming terrors...they are weeble-walking all over the place. Need to find a playpen - and QUICK!
Harley was throwing up last night - might be from his meds. If he cant keep anything down today, I have to bring him in when I get home. Not looking forward to that for many reasons. I hear the word "exploratory" and that means $$$ that I dont have.

VERY crabby today - still have my headache. Feels like I have my head in a vise. Really tight and it just hurts. DH is trying to be funny to cheer me up - just want to crawl in a hole.

So I will take my crabby self and not share. Have a good day everyone.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

October 18, 2011
12:17 PM

Post #8854188

I m bacccckkkkkk! BOO! lol...

So, I final got the Internet on today phew!

So, right now I have to catch up read sooner as I can lol...

I got good raining and lightning last nite I slept thru so good like baby! Rusty bugged me so Ju bugged him to leave me alone and slept!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

October 18, 2011
5:56 PM

Post #8854622

Look alike gonna be freezing tonite thru Oct 20

http://www.accuweather.com/us/mo/joplin/64801/watches-warnings.asp

This message was edited Oct 18, 2011 7:57 PM
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 18, 2011
5:57 PM

Post #8854624

Welcome back Rusty!!!!

Cold and blustery today. Only reached low 50s for a high. Under a frost advisory for tonight with a high chance of a heavy frost. It will be our first of the season.

A small group entertaining people waiting to get into the store. Long line of people waiting for homemade cinnamon rolls, homemade bread and a few other items. They were making cinnamon rolls as we were standing in line. Pretty neat.

Thumbnail by pepper23

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 19, 2011
4:17 AM

Post #8855096

44°/52° Cloudy and windy. Winds N at 25 to 35 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Thanks Adina, they're too new to be all stuffed up :o(

At least the storms clean the sky and you get beautiful glowing skies!

Minnesippi, giggling, but know it's true. They are at that being stepped on age.

Awww, huge hugs for that headache. I hope it's better today :o(

Rusty, big grin over you being back!! Bigger grin over the dogs, and you sawing logs. A perfect end to a good storm!

Pepper, laughing over the wait! At the State fair we stood in line for the best doughnuts! At least the line went pretty fast. Cinnamon rolls are more involved.

Love the old guy hoofing it!

I went out yesterday and burried the 5 pots of flowers that never got planted. I also brought in the plastic lawn chairs and tables from the yard. We still have heavier chairs on the porch. With the wind we're going to get, I'm glad I did all that.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

October 19, 2011
7:24 AM

Post #8855302

Oh so chilly this early morning and JuJu was jump to my bed and keep warm of my legs!

It now 38 and real feel @ 26...

Yeah bp big grin over me! lol... And very bigger grin over my dogs! lol...

This message was edited Oct 19, 2011 9:25 AM

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 19, 2011
12:04 PM

Post #8855724

Rusty, I wonder if a dog on the legs is better than a cat trying to get on your pillow? LOL!

It's windy and gloomy and 50*. The grape vines are doing a little skirt raising dance in the wind.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 19, 2011
5:45 PM

Post #8856353

Cold and blustery. Barely reached 50 today and mother nature had to work it to get that high!! lol. Frost last night and now under freeze warning til sometime tomorrow morning. Lows to be around 29-30F.

Bp, the group was having alot of fun. I didn't notice the guy hoofing it til I went back and looked at the pic. lol. I was paying attention to the guy singing and playing gutair. LOL

Here is the guy again with a big grin on his face. Loving all the attention.

Thumbnail by pepper23

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 20, 2011
3:47 AM

Post #8856686

40°/55° A mix of clouds and sun with gusty winds. Winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph.

Pepper, we did hit 50°, but had the cold and blustery too. I didn't go out till late afternoon and it wasn't too bad. I used the hood on my coat tho.

Laughing, all of them looked like they were having fun, and if they have fun, so do you. That was a great idea to have them entertain as the lines went thru!

Minnesippi, I hope you're feeling better! (((HUGS)))

I took a lazy day for myself yesterday and tried to keep catching up on threads. I also made another batch of green tomato rice. Again, we ate half of it as it came out of the pan, LOL!

Well, we need more kitty pictures.

We let both outdoor cats in. The indoors have the flea collars.

Thumbnail by billyporter

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 20, 2011
3:48 AM

Post #8856688

Second picture

Thumbnail by billyporter

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 20, 2011
3:48 AM

Post #8856689

Third and last. No one stays in the frame for long, LOL!

Thumbnail by billyporter

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 20, 2011
4:45 AM

Post #8856725

Everyone, let's congratulate Pepper for the lovely photo with which she won the domesticated pet section at this contest :

http://davesgarden.com/contest/2011-daves-garden-county-fair/index.php

I had a few pictures too, 2 of which on the 3rd place at different sections.
So cute, Sally!
First frost on the broccoli yesterday.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 20, 2011
5:16 AM

Post #8856768

Adina, we are so proud of our Pepper!

I voted on a couple I thought were yours :o) Congratulations to you too! I haven't had time to check the winners, but thanks to the link, I will.

Your broccoli looks good! The frost should sweeten it up. Do you dust or don't you have problems with cabbage loopers?

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 20, 2011
5:37 AM

Post #8856802

All white here this morning. Not snow but frost. 26º at 7:30 AM.
Now we will be getting nicer weather. Hopefully none of that stupid wind.
5 markets left. Not much to sell. We covered the strawberries. Will see how they came through the frost.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 20, 2011
6:03 AM

Post #8856837

34 when I rolled out...might make it to 50 today. It didnt yesterday.
I've taken more kitty pictures and had every intention of bringing my SD card to work so I could load them...wouldn't you know it - I left it at home. So in the next day or so I will upload more babies. They are so silly right now. Learning to walk, play fighting, "25" even is practicing his pouncing. Its so cute.
Have a vet appt scheduled for the 29th for Elsa (annual exam), Harley (stich removal), and the babies (first check up and deworming). Good thing I have a minivan. Might bring Maggie just so she doesnt feel left out.

The weekend is taking forever to get here and I have so much to do...maybe I will bring it a day early. Need a day for myself I think. :)

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 20, 2011
6:13 AM

Post #8856844

Bernie, still doing markets. I guess squash and pumpkins! Did you grow pumpkins?

Minnesippi, I am melting just remembering my own tiny sillies growing up. Can't wait for pictures!

Grinning, are you sure Maggie wants to go?

I think you deserve a day for yourself. It really isn't going to get much warmer till Indian Summer, and that doesn't last :o(

Have a good day everyone!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

October 20, 2011
6:48 AM

Post #8856874

Woohoo!, Pepper!!!! Great photo!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

October 20, 2011
8:06 AM

Post #8856968

Here's the weather that will be frost advisory:

It's so chilly this morning!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 20, 2011

Post #8856971

No pumpkins. Squash was gone long ago. We plant early varieties & sell early at better prices.
We are selling onions, hot peppers, beets, carrots, strawberries, & radishes. Also our eggs of course.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 20, 2011
5:55 PM

Post #8857559

Adina, loved your pics also!!

I think frost skipped us this week since all my annuals are still blooming their heads off with no damage whatsoever. Temps reached mid to high 50s which is a bit warmer than I was expecting. Another freeze warning for tonight. Since I'm down in a holler I think I'll get lucky again. lol. Radishes covered up with a sheet just in case.

Butter making!!! And boy was it good butter!!!! Only downside was they weren't selling any, just giving out samples.

Thumbnail by pepper23

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 20, 2011
6:34 PM

Post #8857590

"Norma"

Thumbnail by minnesippi

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 20, 2011
6:35 PM

Post #8857592

One of the boys - I think its Norm

(I really wish you could post more that one pic at a time...)

Thumbnail by minnesippi

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 20, 2011

Post #8857594

Norma and one of the boys

Either "22" or "25"

This message was edited Oct 20, 2011 7:51 PM

Thumbnail by minnesippi

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 20, 2011

Post #8857596

Maggie trying to help out :)

Thumbnail by minnesippi

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 20, 2011
6:39 PM

Post #8857599

The whole gang.
Momma is getting thin. Need to get some weight on her. She eats 2 cans of Friskies in addition to half a cup of dry food and I am supplementing with kitten formula. Going to add dry kitten food instead of the regular dry to her diet.

Taking the day off work tomorrow - going to try and knock out some of these things on my list..

Thumbnail by minnesippi

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 21, 2011
2:15 AM

Post #8857806

34°/61° Plentiful sunshine. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.

Rusty, chillier day today :o(
We better get used to it. I actually got my hunting socks out yesterday and have them on this morning.

Bernie, wow! I meant to try fall crops, but ran out of time. Plus, I really did need to turn manure and lime under this year. That's done. I have two dirt piles left in the other side of the garden, but they'll be used next year. I sure hope next year is a better garden for me :o)

Pepper, I used to ask my Aunt if I could do the butter. She had a jar fitted with paddles. She was thrilled to let me. In fact. my cousins disappeared and I remember sitting on the floor turning away :o)

Wow, look at the jar of cream on the floor :o)~

Minnesippi, Oh My Gosh! They are adorable!!

Cracking up over Maggie. She'll soon hide, LOL!

Isn't that sweet! They are absolutely wonderful!

Another cold day. I wish we would get rain. I almost need to water the last things I planted.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

October 21, 2011
5:41 AM

Post #8857933

It now 34 and no frost on my van and truck yet!

my dogs went outside this morning and just hate it and zoom back inside! lol...

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 21, 2011
8:57 AM

Post #8858139

31 this morning. Finally up over 40 but dont think it will hit 55 like they said. Sun is shining and Im working inside the house right now, so its okay. As long as it warms up a little later so I can get outside and tackle that list too.

One of the kittens tried nursing on Maggie again last night and she didnt like it. She submitted to the kitten, but then barked at him.

Because I am home today, the dogs think the back door should be revolving...in, out, in, out...hard to get things done when I cant leave the door open any more for them.

Time to switch laundry. Making a list for the store as I clean today. Still wondering why I have to take a day off work in order to get the laundry done and house clean...smh :/
LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 21, 2011
10:23 AM

Post #8858217

We are back to the upper 80/ lower 60 for the next 7 days. No rain.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 21, 2011
5:25 PM

Post #8858646

No rain here either. Most of Missouri is either under abnormally dry conditions or a moderate drought.

Heavy frost this morning. Temps got down to 28. Gotta dig up cannas, elephant ears and sweet potato vines on Sunday. Plus pull out pepper plants and take gardening stuff out of basement and put down in the gardening shed which is owned by a spider bigger than my hand. I told my dad he was going down there with me. LOL. I'll just toss stuff in there. I'm not letting that spider creep up on me!!! lol

Old plow surrounded by fall colors and an old decorative shed or outhouse.

Thumbnail by pepper23

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 22, 2011
3:41 AM

Post #8858881

38°/68° Sunny. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.

Rusty, it cracks me up about your dogs. I'd feel the same way!

Minnesippi, cracking up again!! Maggie is so funny!

My cats feel the same way in the morning. I don't even sit down the first half hour after I get up because as soon as I do...the one that I let out comes in, and five minutes later the other wants in. Then in five minutes the first wants back out. Well, you know the routine :o)

Well, a day off is the only way to get more than the laundry done. But then it starts all over whether you have another day or not.

Lou, we're going to warm up a bit, but see no rain either. I'll bet your rain was absorbed immediatly.

Oh Pepper! I remember that spider!!

What a pretty walk. I love those old plow beds. My Uncle painted up their old sweet potato planter.

I spent yesterday trimming the iris, then burning the trimmings. I didn't get finished, but luckily we are warming up a bit too, so I will, for once, Fall trim all the iris. I hope I burned many eggs!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 22, 2011
7:08 AM

Post #8859034

42° right now. I miss the deck in the mornings. Now its the garage..view in not nearly as pleasant. Just makes me think of what needs to ne done out here before the snow flies.
Raking, planting, trimming, watering, burning, laundry, laundry, laundry...
Glad the sun is out.
Almost time to get kitties eating baby mash and introduced to a cat box. Means a new spot for them. They cant yet walk on the wood or cncrete floors. Oooh, rug. Duh! Sorry, not enough coffee yet.
Day is burnin. Talk to everyone later.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 22, 2011
5:37 PM

Post #8859609

High in the 70s and sunny.

Those old plows are everywhere in people's yards for decoration down here. I like them. Wish I had one for myself. lol

Here is an old rake.

Thumbnail by pepper23

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 22, 2011
5:46 PM

Post #8859618

Pepper, that plow in the picture with the shed is actually a potato plow. Go down the row & the potatoes are rolled out both sides for you to pick up.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 22, 2011
6:34 PM

Post #8859660

Neat!! Thanks Bernie!!!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 23, 2011
3:39 AM

Post #8859844

42°/72° Sun and clouds mixed. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph.

Minnesippi, yes there is plenty to do in the fall isn't there.
Huge smile over the babies next steps. Snuggle all of them for me!

Pepper, they look cool don't they? And they are a reminder of what people don't do much of anymore since they have jobs outside the home.

Bernie, neat! I wondered about the long tines.

Pepper, cool factor just went up, LOL!!

Since we have nicer weather, I am back outside working. I dug and moved two deeply rooted rhubarb plants. I could barely get them out of the hole and had to roll them over to their new hole. I left the other two just in case these die over the winter. If they don't, I'll put those on the free pile, after I wash the load of dirt off them.

I also finished trimming the iris and got all the leaves burnt. Yay!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 23, 2011
5:52 AM

Post #8859933

Happy one day late Birthday LouC! I missed seeing that yesterday. My birthday wish for you is that it rains for a week!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 23, 2011
6:03 AM

Post #8859942

The second picture is a dump rake for raking hay. It was pulled by horses & when it filled up the tines were raised to let the hay out.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 23, 2011
6:16 AM

Post #8859961

Bernie, thanks for clearing that up. I was a picture off!
LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 23, 2011
6:51 AM

Post #8860011

Thank you for the BD wishes. Actually it is today...70 years young and can work circles around the younger people. Thank you Lord for good health.
LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 23, 2011
6:54 AM

Post #8860019

And we got a wonderful rain during the early morning hours...sigh...contentment for my garden.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 23, 2011

Post #8860125

I have no idea what the temp is or what it is supposed to be..lol. i just rolled out of bed (10 here). I havent slept this late in years.
All leaves in the back cleaned up, iris planted, deck cleared, canopy down, cusions in the laundry, 3 loads of laundry left, gutters cleaned, hosta and iris clipped in the back...now for the front yard...leaves, iris, water everything, swap summer and winter tools in garage, DS to birthday party @ noon, have some grilling and smoking to do ~ stuffed bacon wrapped peppers, samon, flank steaks, mix up some brownies and maybe some strawberry jam or carmel apple cheesecake.
Shouldnt have slept until 10 but evidently i needed it.
happy birthday LouC!
LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 23, 2011
8:47 AM

Post #8860160

Thank you, Min. I can see that you are not one of the younger people I was referring to with regard to working circles around them. Makes me tired just listening to your list. I should say that is what I used to do. Gorgeous day, enjoy.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 23, 2011
5:25 PM

Post #8860741

Happy Birthday LouC!!!!

Weather was warm today. Almost 80, sunny and no breeze. I did take advantage of it and cleaned out several pots on the deck and put stuff away for winter. Then I hosed off the deck. While I was doing all that I had a huge bumblebee taking advantage of the fact that my petunias weren't affected by frost and kept feeding off this one bloom. Then I went to grab my rain lily pot out of the yard and there was a garden snake next to it so I just left the pot and went into the house to watch him til he left. lol.

Thumbnail by pepper23

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 23, 2011
5:34 PM

Post #8860753

Today was interesting.
I bought carpet to finish up the antique store floor.
There was an auction that was to start at 11 AM. I went to the preview, nothing there for me, so headed home. I loaded up the carpet, a couple of wall shelves & an old dresser. We all took off for the store.
Weather was typical fall. Cool, partly cloudy.
Back home it was sunny & quite warm.
Had lunch & waited for Vikings football to start. All of a sudden there was thunder, then rain. Looked on the radar, little cell about 10 miles wide. After that sunshine rest of afternoon. Vikings were playing with new QB, but lost to Green Bay. They held their own, which was more than expected. Green Bay 33, Vikings 24.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 23, 2011
5:53 PM

Post #8860786

Well, we got the thunder and rain this morning. Odd for it to travel southwest, but it sounds like i got it before you? It was welcomed. Got the rest of the iris planted. Had forgotten i bought some beardeds at lowes. Watered before it rained cuz i didnt know it was coming. So smelled like spring today. Gave me spring fever already.
Wimter/summer equipment swapped out. Motorcycle away for the seasom. DH sad about that. Hoses put up, laundry done, samom smoked, bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed sweet peppers smoked, strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting, fresh sliced strawberries and home made whipped cream for desert. Dishes done, pantry and tupperware cupboard cleaned...theres more i just forget. Got some raking done in front but ran out of steam.
LouC, you are correct, ive always run circles around everyone since i was 10. Comin up on 38 in about a month and even though i have no thiroid and have slowed more than i care to admit, im still doing it.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2011

Post #8860845

Whew! I am now caught up although I won't comment on anything now. I had to let my subscription lapse but we're back up and running now!

70º today and sunny. It was the last perfect weekend we're going to have for awhile.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 24, 2011
3:53 AM

Post #8861115

43°/70° Sunny. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.

Lou,
Laughing! I am up so early that usually yesterday's birthdays are still posted. I'm glad I caught it on the right day! I'm glad you are a spry, young 70. It gives me something to look forward to in my old age, 16 years from now...

Rain? Awesome!!

Minnesippi,
You should have slept till tomorrow, LOL! You really went to town getting it all done.

Lou, I think the older we get the smaller the circle :o) It's a reward!

Pepper,
Cracking up over the snake!

Oooh, gorgeous picture with two of my favorites!

Bernie,
Don't you love it when for once you are in the little rain spot on the radar? LOL!

Minnesippi,
When I get on a roll, the jobs usually get done around here too. I get in what I call Spring Cleaning mode. I am geared to just clean and organize.

Celia,
So glad you are back!!

We had a wonderful country ride yesterday and it felt so good to get out. As soon as we got back, I was back to cutting the rest of the flower stalks. Since they took trees down across the road, they bared some spots. I'm throwing the stems there, bloom side up, for the birds, and hoping to start flowers :o)

We saw cowboys :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 24, 2011
6:59 AM

Post #8861320

Well I'm back from camping...well got back on Sunday but been too busy and finally had time to check out the weather forum...wow I had a lot of catching up to do...Sounds like many of you got pretty cold last week...and now back up nice and warm again...Gotta love October weather.
You know when we headed off to camp we knew there was a cold front coming through on Tuesday and we'd have our coolest temps of the season, and expected rain that day. But we didn't know there was another dang tropical storm out there, where did that come from??? We thought...GREAT...we are going to have one wet camp-out. But instead we only got a scant bit of rain during the night on Tuesday while we slept... :-). Then it really did cool down. Luckily we got our kayaking in the first two days while still in the mid to upper 80's, because it was was too windy and cool after that. That tropical thing soaked south FL...so we lucked out here.

The campground was full of beautiful wild flowers and there were so many butterflies the first two days when still in upper 80's...I felt like I was in heaven...I got some of the best pictures ever. While I was photographing the wildflowers and butterflies a huge Buck came running out of the woods almost into me. He stopped and looked at me like WT..heck...and I must have had the same look on my face. But I just happened to have that camera in my hands and it was on, so I snapped his picture. I think he was just relieved it wasn't a gun and took off back into the woods. I've never been that close to a wild buck before.

Now for the catch up...First off pepper congrats on the kitty photo...I remember back when you posted that somewhere on DG...it truly is a great photo...I didn't even know there was a photo contest.

And Adina thanks for posting...congrats to you also, will have to go look at all the photos later tonight when more time...love your sunrise and frosted broccoli.

Minnie, those kittens are really so cute with the eyes open. Sorry to hear the headaches are bothering you again.

Billy your one of your kitties looks a lot like my Simba. Very cute. Sounds like the weather is keeping you busy in the garden.

Rusty and kwanjin welcome back!

Happy birthday Lou...and rain for a birthday gift...that is nice.

Well hope I didn't leave anyone out...lots of reading and now must do chores...ugh! Here is my Buck...

Thumbnail by sunkissed

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 24, 2011

Post #8861338

Awesome picture!!
LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 24, 2011
7:32 AM

Post #8861372

Thank each of you for the BD wishes. Love the "smaller circle". hahaha That is definitely true.

We have fog this morning. First time in a very long time that there was enough humidity. The garden is loving it.

I am a blessed woman.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

October 24, 2011
8:20 AM

Post #8861426

Happy birthday, Lou!!! Awesome photo op! It was great you thought to actually USE the op. LOL
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 24, 2011
5:05 PM

Post #8862115

Belated Happy Birthday Christi! Hope you had a great day!

Jeanne
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 24, 2011
5:12 PM

Post #8862127

Still a bit too warm for my liking since it's October but on Weds it will be pretty cold with strong winds so only one more day of warm weather!! lol

A pic of the shed with all the colors shining thru.

Thumbnail by pepper23

LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 24, 2011
5:50 PM

Post #8862213

Thank you, Jeanne. Amanda, I am loving your fall pictures.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 25, 2011
4:13 AM

Post #8862635

55°/78° Windy with a few clouds from time to time. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible late. Winds SW at 20 to 30 mph.

Sunkissed,
Grinning, October, it's love/hate :o)

Well, it still sounds like a wonderful camp out and you got a totally awesome shot of the buck! That is magnificent!! Many hunters are going to envy that picture! I'm envying all the wildflowers and butterflies too!

Lou,
The drought couldn't last forever. Well, it could... but luckily it didn't. Rain sure makes a person feel a lot better!

Pepper,
Cracking UP!!! A little warm?? Bask baby bask!!

What a cute teeny tiny little shed! I love it!

One garden, ready to go. Come on Spring!!

Thumbnail by billyporter

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

October 25, 2011
6:10 AM

Post #8862769

Well, it will be nice warm today around 82 later on in afternoon so tomorrow will be cold and raining... Weird weather!

I was so busy last weekend that I help my step-son's daughter room to remove big carpet out and I told them to cut half of carpet that will easy carry out of the room twice then remove all the nail up wood... I just hate it that nail up wood so I was very carefully with it so my step-son help me to remove it so I has blister (water inside) on my palm hand and sure it sore ouch! So, I sew up the couch's pillow took me about 2 hours to finish it!

My dogs enjoy to go outside all day yesterday! I was working on my lawn tractor rider that need battery! So, once I get new battery I am good to go sell it!

I just watch the news yesterday that Extreme Makeover Home sure they build it so fast and last day is tomorrow...

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 25, 2011
6:19 AM

Post #8862783

Rusty, weird weather, but I will take that rain! In fact, we actually had rain a bit earlier. It was complete with thunder and lightning, but only wet things. I hope we get more later!

I know just what you mean with the nail boards. They are as sharp as a rose thorn and also curved to really catch your finger! They sure hold the carpet tight tho.

Is the carpet rubber or jute backed? It would make great runways outside!

Two hours. I couldn't hold a needle or work the machine that long.

They really did get the houses up fast. I didn't see if all of them were modular. They put my neighbor's moduler in, in a day.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 25, 2011
6:05 PM

Post #8863692

A decent day thnks to the blustery wind. Temps reached 80s but didn't feel that hot. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23

Sashagirl
Davenport, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 26, 2011
4:23 AM

Post #8864091

Fantastic picture Pepper!!
Where was that picture taken, if you don't mind sharing?

Cold front moving through Eastern Iowa today. Looks like our beautiful weather is about to depart.

All the gardens are put to bed, save for a few ornamental grasses that are just too beautiful to take down. Besides, I love the winter interest they provide in the yardscape.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 26, 2011
4:56 AM

Post #8864123

50°/53° Cloudy this morning. A few showers developing during the afternoon. High 53F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Pepper, we will feel your wind today.

Awww! Isn't he a doll! (The little guy :o)

Hi Sasha, been missing you :o)

Yep, its chilly and breezy here already. Yesterday was beautiful, but I didn't do anything else outside. My outdoors is done for the year too.

Our internet provider was down all day yesterday, but we're fine now. I notice they didn't work on giving us the maximum speed we pay for, and they never will.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

October 26, 2011
10:02 AM

Post #8864480

Nasty cold front moving through today and tonight. 40º but warming through the week and into the weekend.

My DD and DGD are coming down on Friday and staying through the weekend. We are taking Aurora trick or treating at one of the local malls on Saturday. I have to remember to take the camera.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 26, 2011
5:13 PM

Post #8864999

I meant to post a comment for the pic but hit send to soon. lol. It was taken at Heritage Days in Warsaw, MO. The breed of the cow is Australian Highland. He had a couple of them there. That one wasn't too interested in the people but another one in there was lapping up all the attention. I couldn't get a pic of that one. lol

Weather here is coolish with temps reaching high 50s when the sun came out. Not too bad.

A woman and her now spoiled cow. She said he used to be wild and wouldn't let anyone near him. She finally got him to tolerate people and she said most times he does good but there are times he just won't behave around people. lol. That was a good day there. She was scratching his chin and he was practially falling into her lap. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 27, 2011
3:38 AM

Post #8865410

44°/55° Sun and clouds mixed. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.

Celia, it's getting so I can't tell if your weather is what I just had, or if it's what I will be having, LOL! It's been so similar to everyone except the warmest states :o)

Oh, you get to see your girls! I'm so happy for you! Yes, we need lots of pictures and give C a hug for me. Tell her I miss her posting and hope she can get back one of these days.

Pepper, there sure was a lot to do and see there. I knew I had seen furry cows before, but couldn't place where.

Isn't he a cutie!

We are finally going to have near freezing temps at night and chilly days. I still have my rain lilies sitting in the garage. I need to bring them in pretty soon.

I finally let the boys use my computer and we downloaded Wizard 101 for them to play here. They play at home too. I am hooked! I made my own ''wizardess'' the other day and have played twice now. It's free, but you can suscribe for more extras. We go free here. There is plenty to do.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 27, 2011
5:26 AM

Post #8865469

Climbing up here, 60 this morning and will get up to 84...got the electric bill today and down a hundred dollars since not using the air anymore. Still feels nice...but skeeters are making sunset time horrible. They say it was all the rain we got a couple weeks ago. Supposed to get a cool front come through by the weekend...but won't make much of a difference this time...just up the rain chance...skeeter's gonna love that.

Billy I'd love to have a garden plot that big...my yard is so small. Hey, this might be a stupid question, but how do you make the degrees sign?

Pepper Heritage Days looks like a fun thing to go visit...I like the pictures and your fall color one is great. We don't get fall color here until December and January..well some trees are changing here and there. We'll see more color...and yes Central Florida does have fall color, but not until we start dipping into the 50's and 40's at night.

October wildflowers in Florida...

Thumbnail by sunkissed

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

October 27, 2011
6:31 AM

Post #8865560

Cloudy 48° RealFeel® 44°

Frost Advisory warning:

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

October 27, 2011
8:14 AM

Post #8865701

Sally, I think our weather goes to you after leaving here. Sometimes. LOL

We had to cover some things last night to prevent damage. Or at least, to stave it off for awhile. We got down to 27º last night.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 27, 2011
5:02 PM

Post #8866262

Freezing...Oh NO! It has been in the 80's here, but we have a cold front coming in tonight or tomorrow and down into the forties Sat and Sun am.

Cute pictures, Amanda! Bet you had a good time!

Hope everyone is well!

Jeanne
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 27, 2011
5:46 PM

Post #8866321

No idea on weather. LOL. Didn't catch the news tonight. I know it was chilly and breezy outside with the sun out. The loading dock area at work was freezing cold but the main store area was pretty warm. lol

Heritage Days is fun. Even little kids love it.

Mule relaxing before being put to work.

Thumbnail by pepper23

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

October 28, 2011

Post #8866620

There's more warning Freeze!

Mostly Sunny Hi 58° RealFeel® 57°

Right now:

Clear 33° RealFeel® 38°

This message was edited Oct 28, 2011 6:05 AM

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 28, 2011
5:01 AM

Post #8866673

68° this morning, warmest it has been in well over a week, muggy and humid and light showers, as a result of the tropical storm Rina, but garden needs it, been dry this week. Skeeter control went though last night, hopefully they won't be so bad...never have they been this bad that I ever recall. I'm over the little buggers. Should get up to 80 today.

Sherri

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

October 28, 2011
8:13 AM

Post #8866869

Lucky you, SK. We had 26º when I got up at 6:30 this morning. Supposed to get to 55º today. Frost is covering everything. The tomatoes are gone as well as the cannas. Oh well...I can look forward to next year.

DD and DGD coming today. I can't wait. I still have a ton of stuff to do before they get here.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 28, 2011
8:17 AM

Post #8866876

kwanjin wrote:Lucky you, SK. We had 26º when I got up at 6:30 this morning. Supposed to get to 55º today. Frost is covering everything. The tomatoes are gone as well as the cannas. Oh well...I can look forward to next year.

Sure you aren't in MN today?

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

October 28, 2011
8:23 AM

Post #8866888

Not since I looked last time. LOL I hope this doesn't mean we're in for a long hard Winter. That, I would not enjoy.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 28, 2011
12:56 PM

Post #8867117

Highs in the low 60s and sunny. Nicer outside than inside. lol

This band here was singing bluegrass music. They did a great job!! The white haired guy cracked alot of good jokes throughout the performance.

Thumbnail by pepper23

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

October 28, 2011
3:51 PM

Post #8867329

Going have a White Halloween blowing into Eastern tonight and tomorrow:

http://news.yahoo.com/youre-not-dreaming-could-white-halloween-190143600.html

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 29, 2011
4:43 AM

Post #8867728

30°/59° Sunny. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.

Sunkissed,
How horrible to have skeeters ruin the evenings :o(
I copy and paste directly from "The Weather Channel" page and I have a character map I can call up. It has the degree too. There is also a trick with the keyboard and I forget what it is. I think it's also been discussed on the Dave's forum that answers questions.

How beautiful!! I can make out the sunflowers but what is the white flower?

Rusty,
Have you dealt with tearing your garden out yet?

Celia,
I used to think I got Pepper's Weather, but Ric in Ohio says he's more likely to. I think I must get your's occasionally.

Pepper,
You can tell they're a good band just by looking at them :o)

I love the old tools hanging behind them!

Oh Rusty, maybe snow for some already! I can't even imagine snow on Halloween!

I ended up at DD's yesterday after all, watching the twins and the boys were well enough to come home with us, LOL!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

October 29, 2011
4:54 AM

Post #8867732

billyporter wrote: Rusty,
Have you dealt with tearing your garden out yet?

I just done past a month ago that I told about fungus infection on ground from tornado hit on May 22... So, I did clean up already...

Mostly Clear 36° RealFeel® 34°

This message was edited Oct 29, 2011 6:56 AM

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 29, 2011
5:56 AM

Post #8867779

I figured out how to make the degree symbol, press ALT and number 0176 on the keypad at the same time, had to Google it. You can make a smiley face by ALT and the number 1. This is for windows.

Woke up to rain this morning and 71°, never made it to 80 here yesterday due to the off and on rain and clouds. that was the tropical thingy, but today is the cold front all of you just had, and should stop raining later. Tonight temps should drop to upper fifties...Yeah! Windows open again.

Oh and yesterday walked around the garden and not one skeeter, was worried it would hurt the bees and butterflies, and I did see them out and about, so guess the spraying did the trick.

Wow temperatures in the 30's, is that normal for this time of year, already? Just seems early to me, I see where snow is expected along the NE from the cold front. I would not be ready for snow just yet.

Billy the white flower is called, Summer's farewell, a very fitting name for the end of October.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/82103/

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 29, 2011
2:29 PM

Post #8868274

Go through the number pad. There is a interesting item for each number.
Nose ¿ 168
Music note ♫ 14
Degree on mine. 35º 167
176 is snow ░
More ♥ ♣ ♂ ♀ ► ◄ ↕ ‼ ¢

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 29, 2011
5:01 PM

Post #8868437

Highs in the mid 50s and sunny. Saw a rainbow when I was on way home. Funny part is we haven't had a true rain here at all this month. I thought I was seeing things at first. lol. Sorry, no pic since didn't have camera and was driving in rush hour traffic.

Here's a full shot of the building with the band. Very small and intimate. Everyone in the audience either sat on straw bales, stood or sat on big boulders.

Bp, those tools are cool!! I love seeing old tools hanging up like that.

Thumbnail by pepper23

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2011
4:10 AM

Post #8868799

47°/58° Cloudy with a few showers. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Rusty,
I couldn't remember if you had planted any more than tomatoes this year. I had a lot of dead leaves fall off my tomatoes and I tried to rake all of them up and clean them out of the cages, over the burn barrel. Then I burnt everything dry.

Sunkissed,
Yes, that's right. But I have to put the directions on a notepad and save it to desktop if I'm ever going to remember, LOL!

Oh, that is soo beautiful close up! I've heard of Dalea, but not sure if it's grown around here.

Pepper,
A Fall rainbow, how neat!!

I'd pull up a strawbale :o)

Maybe rain today. I hope!!

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 30, 2011
4:57 AM

Post #8868813

56 this morning...soup tonight...yeah! High today to 74 and sunny.

I hear you Billy it is easier to just type out degrees. ☺ But the smile is easy enough.

I get to walk this morning...been raining the last two mornings. Everyone have a nice Halloween, looks like rain again here tomorrow.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

October 30, 2011
7:22 AM

Post #8868966

billyporter wrote:Rusty,
I couldn't remember if you had planted any more than tomatoes this year. I had a lot of dead leaves fall off my tomatoes and I tried to rake all of them up and clean them out of the cages, over the burn barrel. Then I burnt everything dry.

Not much tomatoes this year and it was so tiny size like quarter...some has med. size so not good that fungus infection in ground that will get into root so I am afraid will happen to my health again risk again... so I did throw all of it... I hope will try next year for 5 gallon with lid that I heard some from other garden website... So, I hope for prayer next year...

That why I clean up and wood got little bit rot so I remove it before creatures get in wood... got remove and some of good wood I might save it but sitting outside now...

Dogs doing okay to get along but JuJu still bug Rusty's back of the neck that will hurt him I has to keep apart...He getting tired of playing and let him rest for while...

I just try to sell some in ebay that I sell only books...

Take Care, Rusty, JuJu and Rusty...

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

October 30, 2011
12:56 PM

Post #8869362

Red Flag Warning:

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 30, 2011
5:43 PM

Post #8869681

Red flag warning here too. Today was very mild and sunny. Rain chance later in week. Need it bad!!

Thumbnail by pepper23

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 31, 2011
3:52 AM

Post #8870001

40°/56° Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.

Happy Halloween!!

Sunkissed,
I need to get back into walking too. I sit in front of the computer too long in the morning. I used to walk at sun-up.

Rusty,
Oh, you had fungus in the ground. Now I get it. Some days I'm not all here, LOL! Is that going to be a problem from now on? I wonder if you need to sow grasss in this bed and make a new one? Some of those diseases that get in the soil are very hard to kill.

I hope Rusty's neck gets better soon. JuJu just doesn't know and I'll bet Rusty gets tired of telling her :o)

Pepper,
We got rain yesterday morning and by afternoon all was dry on top. Amazing :o( We really need rain too. The creeks are not much of anything right now.

I've read that mules can be tempermental and have a mind of their own. I wonder how he feels about pulling a carriage every day?

A nice quiet morning. DH decided to stretch and lift weights in the morning before plopping down in front of the computer. I started that today. The cats are forever wanting out as soon as I sit down anyway.

Happy babies :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 31, 2011
3:53 AM

Post #8870002

Happy because he feels all better :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 31, 2011
5:21 AM

Post #8870086

Back up to 64 this morning...and raining again. Looks like it will rain most the day but just at dark stop...I hope so..then the little ghost and goblins can go trick or treating. I just hope the DH didn't eat all the candy I hid, I heard he found it and some is missing.

Billy those babies are just too darn cute...I want to do some cheek pinching.

Pepper and Rusty I hope you get some rain soon. I have a friend that lives in Springfield, MO...sometimes I get up there to visit her. I don't much like Springfield, but love some of the surrounding country...very pretty scenery.

Happy Halloween

Thumbnail by sunkissed

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 31, 2011
9:08 AM

Post #8870399

39* now - supposed to reach 55 later.

Carved "squash" last night. First time doing something other than the "standard" face in the gourd.

Kittens got a good check up @ the vet on Saturday. 1 month old today. each about 1 lb. Starting to wean and litter box train. They are EVERYWHERE! So cute.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1221083/#new

Thumbnail by minnesippi

Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 31, 2011
10:35 AM

Post #8870512

They are so cute! Just adorable!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

October 31, 2011
10:39 AM

Post #8870519

Bebeeeeeeeeees!!! Thanks for sharing those. I just love those babies.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 31, 2011
2:13 PM

Post #8870804

Adorable babies! They're beautiful, Sally! You asked if I dusted the cabbage...no and I had snails and slugs all over it!
Happy Halloween everyone!
We have great weather, yet frost in the morning.
Creepy pumpkin from my garden!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

October 31, 2011
2:14 PM

Post #8870806

Gonna be first snow in KC and raining in Mo...

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/57137/first-snowflakes-this-week-for.asp

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 31, 2011
6:56 PM

Post #8871142

Thanks Rusty for that. I knew it was to get cold but didn't know about snow. I haven't been home in time to catch news this week.

Warm with temps near or above 70 today. I was sweating in my costume. lol. Pic to hopefully come tomorrow.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 1, 2011
4:20 AM

Post #8871498

34°/70° Sunny to partly cloudy. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph

Sunkissed,
Cracking up over the candy. Same story here!!

Thanks, I'm a bit partial to them myself :o)

Love the pumpkin!

Minnessippi,
I hope your headache went away.

Gotta love the squash and it;'s the perfect color :o)

Thanks for the link. They are just adorable!!

Adina, I don't dust mine either. Luckily they don't bore into them and I can pick off the leaves.

Yes, it's more creepy than sad, LOL!!

Rusty,
Gee, snow for you before me.

Pepper,
I can't wait for pictures. Sweating is better than freezing :o)

We have a nice day ahead. Yesterday, DH raked the walnut sticks and grape leaves and I picked up walnuts so the few Trick or Treaters we had didn't trip over them. Sadly, we have a lot of candy left over... Good thing we buy what we like. I gave the Skittles away first :o)

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 1, 2011
4:40 AM

Post #8871517

It's raining. .10" so far...

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 1, 2011
5:08 AM

Post #8871539

November weather watchers, go here.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1228000/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America