Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: A Beautiful Tribute to the Harvest: Beet cupcake recipe

Communities > Forums > Article: A Beautiful Tribute to the Harvest
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Beautiful Tribute to the HarvestReplies: 0, Views: 11
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
3pmp
Slocan, BC
(Zone 3a)

October 3, 2011
4:01 PM

Post #8834721

1 1/4 C. flour
3/4 tsp. B. Powder
1/4 tsp. B. Soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 C. cocoa

3/4 C. cooked or 1/2 tin of 14 oz container of beets, drained and pureed in a blender or food processor
3/4 C. sugar
1/4 C. oil
1 egg
1/2 C. buttermilk
1 tsp. Vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare a 12 cup muffin pan and set aside

Assemble dry ingredients and put into a mixing bowl then put aside

In a large mixing bowl combine sugar and oil and mix together. Add the egg to the combined mixture and beat well.

Add the pureed beets and vanilla to the wet ingredients and combine well.

Alternately add 1/3 of the flour mixture with the buttermilk to the and mix until well combined ending with the flour.

Pour the batter into the prepared muffiin cups and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. When cooled put raspberry icing on top of cupcakes.

Icing

1/4 C. frozen raspberries, thawed
1/2 of an 8oz container of cream cheese
1/2 C. Icing sugar

Strain raspberries through a fine sieve to remove seeds and then add the icing sugar and cream cheese and mix until creamy and spreadable.

Please let me know how this recipe turns out for you. I would be happy to know that they turned out okay for you. I will show you a picture of my cupcakes minus the icing that I made today.

Thumbnail by 3pmp
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Beautiful Tribute to the Harvest Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Color! joeyramone 1 Oct 3, 2011 8:51 AM
Counting my blessings 3pmp 2 Oct 3, 2011 3:01 PM
Icing on the cupcakes 3pmp 0 Oct 3, 2011 5:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America