Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Sewing and Quilting: What are you making Fall 2011?

Communities > Forums > Sewing and Quilting
bookmark
Forum: Sewing and QuiltingReplies: 149, Views: 848
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 5, 2011
4:22 AM

Post #8836676

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1217989/

It is Officially Fall and there is cooler air up North.

Time to get some serious quilting done.

I think this is the only quilt I ever made in Fall colors. It was a wedding gift for my cousin.

Thumbnail by Qwilter
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 5, 2011
4:24 AM

Post #8836684

Barb - we fly back next Wed.

Definately does not feel like Fall down here.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 5, 2011
4:25 AM

Post #8836685

That is so pretty Jean. You do great log cabin quilts. I still have the picture of the one you did in beiges and blues. So visually appealing...

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 5, 2011
4:27 AM

Post #8836688

The rain is finally ending today and the temps are supposed to plummet... A definite freeze tonight here. And then it's supposed to be beautiful for the next week. I'm so glad as my son and family are coming from Colorado for the weekend!!!!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 5, 2011
4:30 AM

Post #8836693

I brought all my plants in before we left Sun AM. Not freezing in MD but a bit too cold to have the Orchids outside. So my DR looks like a botanical garden.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 5, 2011
4:32 AM

Post #8836696

I have some really pretty mums that have just started blooming. I'll cover them tonight and hope for the best!!!!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 5, 2011
6:21 AM

Post #8836815

Heading downstate for my 50th class reunion. I hope they have picture name tags or else I won't know all those old folks. LOL
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

October 5, 2011
6:45 AM

Post #8836843

Enjoy the reunion and have a safe trip.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

October 5, 2011
6:50 AM

Post #8836852

Wow Qwilter, I really like the colors in the LC. Those are colors I frequently use. Might have to make a scrappy LC to utilize some of the strips that I've been accumulating from other projects.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 5, 2011
7:03 AM

Post #8836865

Jean, the temps are so different . We are having much cooler nights and the day temps are very nice in northern Florida. I am so enjoying it after having been in the Port Charlotte area for a month--talk about hot!

Isn't it funny how eventually we all get so involved with saving scraps that they lead to yet another idea for another quilt. Stu, you are definitely addicted--but that is a good thing. LOL
Sometimes it is fun just to go through my scrap bags and just "love" on my pieces I have accumulated. Yes, I know I am odd.
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

October 5, 2011
7:38 AM

Post #8836901

All I can do is drool... I love all these beautiful quilts. I need more hands and more time. I wish I could clone myself or one of you awesome quilters as I would have my clone stitching like crazy. heheh
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 5, 2011
8:18 AM

Post #8836934

ROFLOL, isn't that what all crafters wish for? A clone?

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

October 5, 2011
11:11 AM

Post #8837134

No, Marion, actually right now I'm wishing for a piece of Chocolate Cream Pie... if it's brought by a clone, that's OK too.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 5, 2011
12:11 PM

Post #8837184

STU!!!!!!! A man right after my own heart--LOL. Well if I had any Chocolate Cream Pie I would certainly share with you but since my daughter has diabetes that is a thing of the past at our household. How about a Key Lime pie? Of course you would have to make it.
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

October 5, 2011
1:09 PM

Post #8837253

Ewww... memememe, thats my favorite, Key lime pie. I know this is totally off the Fall tract but I have the simplest recipe for key lime pie using lime juice sweetened condensed milk and a graham cracker crust. So easy. Way too rich if thats possible. heheh

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 5, 2011
2:06 PM

Post #8837326

Recipe please?
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

October 5, 2011
2:11 PM

Post #8837331

Oh key lime pie sounds soooooo good. Yes recipe please.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 5, 2011
2:15 PM

Post #8837337

I do believe Key Lime Pie falls under the category "What are you making?"
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

October 5, 2011
2:18 PM

Post #8837343

Key Lime Pie

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

3 egg yolks
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lime juice ( recipe asks for key lime juice but I just use regular as we don't get key limes too often)

Blend together well

pour into crust and bake for 10 to 15 minutes till set in middle.
I usually double this recipe as I use a large pie plate to make it a deep dish pie. YUM!
In that case I bake it for 20 minutes or until set.

Either buy graham cracker crust or make one with graham cracker crumbs butter and sugar. Recipe on box.

You can add a little green food coloring as I like to see the green lime and so does my sweet hubby. He always says, I thought this was a key lime pie, why isn't it green. ????

You can add meriange to top of pie but we like whipped cream.
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

October 5, 2011
2:25 PM

Post #8837349

Thank you and you are right sounds so easy.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 5, 2011
4:01 PM

Post #8837444

Wow, I am going to buy the stuff for that tomorrow! That sounds really good!
What size is the can of milk please?
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

October 5, 2011
5:10 PM

Post #8837522

Oh shoot, I don't recall but when I make a double batch they are the size of a condensed milk size. Like carnation, pet, etc.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 5, 2011
6:52 PM

Post #8837655

ROFLOL--now ladies be sure you use real key limes--not just limes. It makes a difference you know. I actually have about 6 I brought home from my sister's house. Sent a box full to the son of my BF from Gainesville earlier this week. Been a long standing thing that I get them key limes. Didn't get many as most were taken to the Nursing home to the nurses who care for Mom.
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

October 5, 2011
7:44 PM

Post #8837700

I wish that I had access to key limes but unfortunately I just have regular so by all means if you have them use them.
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

October 6, 2011
1:50 PM

Post #8838550

Here is the Recipe link that I found

http://www.joyofbaking.com/KeyLimePie.html

It is just like mine but I read other where they say anywhere from 3-5 egg yolks so you decide.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 6, 2011
1:58 PM

Post #8838556

Gourd, the key lime tree is at my sister's home and I gathered some up this trip. We didn't think for the longest time there would be any due to lack of rain but some did develop.
quilter_gal
(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

October 6, 2011
6:23 PM

Post #8838888

I think we need a new rule. I move that any recipe for Key Lime Pie (or any other dessert) is hereby always on topic for just about any thread.

All agreed signify by the same sign. (Aye! ;)

Jean, I LOVE the colors in your Fall quilt. Very pretty!

I went to California last week and have been bumbling around trying to catch up with myself ever since. Daughter and I started water aerobics a month ago and it's GREAT fun and a lot more of a workout than I thought it would be. Best thing is - most of the other women there are round, like me.

I just finished quilting a scrap tumbler quilt top that I "rescued" - was going to dig through my stash for a fabric appropriate for binding and whaddayaknow... I actually used the backing fabric to prepare the binding for this quilt when I basted it, several months ago. One of the benefits of being ADD - I'm always finding these "surprises," stuff I forgot I had. :)

Now I can bind the quilt tomorrow and it will be done, done, done! Three large bed quilts done in two months - a new record for me! :)

I'm four weeks behind on the Barbara Brackman Civil War Quilt, so I'm preparing fabrics to get caught up on those, too. Even if I get those done tomorrow, on Saturday, I will be behind, again. LOL!
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 6, 2011
8:19 PM

Post #8839025

aye ...yi yi yi...I love key lime Pie!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 6, 2011
8:43 PM

Post #8839041

Okay so the name of this thread is: "What are you Making Fall 2011?"--so after I completely digested the news I got at noon today, I guess it will be starting to think about a baby quilt. Trouble is, I don't know yet if I am having a new granddaughter or hopefully a grandson.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 6, 2011
9:00 PM

Post #8839057

Yea Marion! Congrats, just can't get enough of those grandbabies. I have a new great grandson coming next month.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 6, 2011
9:07 PM

Post #8839067

Thanks Karen. This is a total shock but a very nice one. They wanted more children but DIL has a medical problem that makes it hard to get pregnant. So once again, a miracle for us.
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

October 7, 2011
1:14 AM

Post #8839183

aye...to key lime pie and babies.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 7, 2011
4:51 AM

Post #8839247

Me too - aye to key lime and babies!!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 7, 2011
5:51 AM

Post #8839298

AYE to both!!! As I have a grandson sue in March! Looks like we will all be busy doing baby blankets!
quilter_gal
(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

October 7, 2011
6:19 AM

Post #8839329

Babies! Nothing more wonderful than babies! Congratulations, grammas! :)
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 7, 2011
7:04 AM

Post #8839370

Thanks everyone--I am floating!!!!
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

October 7, 2011
7:39 AM

Post #8839410

You are all a little nuts I think and I am right there in the middle. What a great group of ladies. I think that crafters, stitchers, all have to have some great imaginations to do the fun and sometimes wacky things we do and say.
Okay, Key lime pie is a keeper but it really is a summertime pie. What is your favorite fall treat. I would have to say Pecan pie wrapped in a nicely quilted pie keeper or transporter.
Have you seen them? They are quilted in a circle and then a casing it stitched along the outside to pull up over the pie when you carry them. Some of them are made to tie over the top of a covered pie like a towel
Here are some that I found online
http://thesewingdivas.wordpress.com/2008/11/30/the-dish/
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 7, 2011
8:38 AM

Post #8839471

Hummm, key limes don't start producing fruit here until August and September so maybe a fall pie? This is a fun group for sure.

How cool is that site!! Thanks
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

October 7, 2011
8:44 AM

Post #8839476

Oh, I didn't know that. I thought that key limes are just a summer type thing. Shows to go what I know about growing citrus fruit. heheh
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 7, 2011
8:46 AM

Post #8839480

LOL I didn't know either until my sister planted a key lime tree. Learn something all the time.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 7, 2011
11:08 AM

Post #8839626

You can also juice the limes and freeze the juice so you can make a pie in the middle of winter.
I got the study painted this AM. We are calling it the "Ocean Room". Walls are a Caribbean blue - very soothing color.

DH is up & moving & I want to go & look at furniture. We don't plan on moving much down form MD. Going to look at Consignment shops & Salvation Army.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

October 7, 2011
5:27 PM

Post #8840089

Congrats Marion. My sister had a hard time conceiving her third. How about a Chocolat Graham crust with that Key lime.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 7, 2011
5:46 PM

Post #8840132

I would have to say that Pecan Pie is my favorite, although fresh Pumpkin or Mincemeat isn't too far behind! And if someone REALLY wants to make me happy anytime of the year - it's Coconut Cream!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 7, 2011
5:47 PM

Post #8840137

Thanks Stu. So you know what I am saying when I refer to our miracles!! Ummm, Chocolate Graham crust for the pie--decadent for sure.

Jean, I usually freeze juice but since my daughter is diabetic, I didn't this year. Just to tempting since that is her favorite pie.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 7, 2011
5:49 PM

Post #8840143

I haven't made a coconut cream since my hubby died. We used to buy the coconuts and he would shell, grate and toast the coconut for me. Just wouldn't be the same. Besides, I haven't seen any coconuts in the markets lately---or I have overlooked them.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 7, 2011
6:00 PM

Post #8840182

just watched a show on RachelRay a couple weeks ago, where she went to Key West to look for places to eat. One of them was a woman who made Key Lime pies using a recipe similar to that with fresh squeezed Keys and condensed milk. She served them in her restaurant and had been using the same recipe for years. Sounded really good, but we only see Keys up here about once a year at the grocerys. Maybe I'll grab some next time and try it out. My dad was a lemon meringue fan, haven't had one of those either for a coon's age!
quilter_gal
(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

October 7, 2011
6:33 PM

Post #8840234

Okay, I can't remember if I posted this last year or not, but this "dump" type cake is so insanely good, it's probably worth posting twice, anyway:

Pumpkin Pie Crunch
* 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
* 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
* 3 eggs
* 1 1/4 cups white sugar
* 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
* 1/2 teaspoon salt

* 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix (I only use about half the package and I have used Spice Cake mix, too)
* 1 cup chopped pecans
* 3/4 cup butter, melted
* 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (you can substitute vanilla ice cream - even better! :)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch baking pan.
2. Combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Mix well and spread into the prepared pan.
3. Sprinkle the yellow cake mix over the top of the pumpkin mixture and pat down. Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the top of the cake mix then drizzle the melted butter all over the top.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 1 hour but no longer than 1 hour and 20 minutes. Top cooled cake with whipped topping when ready to serve.

This will be the first dessert to disappear at a potluck. Fabulous chilled all by itself or warmed and served with ice cream.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 7, 2011
6:52 PM

Post #8840255

For anyone who hasn't had this - it's just scrumptious! Thanks Elizabeth for reposting the recipe, makes me hungry for a batch. My niece likes to make this for Mom's Thanksgiving get together and it doesn't last through our hungry group, it's more like 'first come, first served'!
Everyone have a good evening and a great weekend! My laptop is needing charged and so does this old body!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 7, 2011
7:18 PM

Post #8840293

When we have a get together and I list all the dessert's available, my Dad always says "Yes", LOL. So my sister and I cut him a tiny slice of EVERYTHING, no matter how many dessert choices there are.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 7, 2011
9:27 PM

Post #8840370

Crust of oreo cookies crushed butter, filling made with Key lime Juice in the bottle found in the grocery store,recipe on the back,whipped cream on top. with candied "green lime" slices. OMG Thinly sliced limes dipped in slightly beaten egg whites and dipped in unbleached sugar (sugar in the raw)

st ill up as my neighbor decides to grill steak etc etc,

key lime squares is what I make,cut to desired size, equates to smaller than a wedge of pie and very elegant.

Marion can't you use splenda in your DD diet.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 8, 2011
12:12 AM

Post #8840441

There is also a no/low sugar yellow cake mix.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 8, 2011
6:44 AM

Post #8840581

"Yes, please" sounds like a good answer to me too! LOL especially when we have a 5 pound cheesecake sitting in the middle of the dessert table...
Helene, your desserts sound so elegant... It's all about the presentation! Your holiday tables must be gorgeous!
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

October 8, 2011
7:32 AM

Post #8840643

Well, you can sure tell where are heads are at. This started as a quilting sewing thread with a flair of what we are doing for fall so I guess you can say we are sewing and getting fat. heheheh With all these great deserts we sure will have lots of energy to sew some more. ehehe
I have to laugh too psych2 as my husband always says the same thing when we ask which one he wants and yes he too is totally serious.
Anyone have a great Pecan Pie recipe. I have one but its just an okay one. I want a kick butt recipe to go with my Navajo Tacos for Thanksgiving. Thats what I make instead of turkey. Neither one of us is big on turkey but I make a breast just for sandwiches later.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 8, 2011
7:35 AM

Post #8840645

Oh yeah, my daughter has pecan pie recipe that will make your teeth rot and fall out. Let me do some rummaging see if I can find it.

jumper2

jumper2
Huron, OH
(Zone 5b)

October 8, 2011
7:41 AM

Post #8840650

apple pie is a great fall dessert.

I'm in the middle of 3 bridesmaids dresses.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 8, 2011
7:51 AM

Post #8840665

I had nearly all the recipe typed and it went away. so here is the site: http//www.thepioneerwomancooks.com

recipe is Pioneer Womans Pecan Pie. I thought my mom made the very best pecan pie, this one is as good if not better. Just in case this isn't rich enough, my daughter has also added semi-sweet chocolate chips at times. For some reason, the chopped pecans seem to make it so much better.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 8, 2011
7:55 AM

Post #8840671

pumpkin anything is my fall favorite !! thanks much for that recipe Elizabeth ingredients going on next shopping list.

pumpkin coffee yum yum !! ^_^
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

October 8, 2011
8:27 AM

Post #8840704

This is the recipe

PWs Pecan Pie
1 unbaked pie crust
1 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup melted butter (regular, salted)
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 heaping cup chopped pecans
Mix sugar, brown sugar, salt, corn syrup, butter, eggs, and vanilla together in a bowl. Pour chopped pecans in the bottom of the pie shell. Pour syrup mixture over the top. Bake pie at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, being careful not to burn pecans and crust.
Allow to cool for several hours or overnight. Serve in thin slivers.

Looks yummy and I will have to give this a try

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 8, 2011
8:49 AM

Post #8840739

Karen, isn't this the same Ree that has the tv show now? Paula Deen introduced her on one of her shows, love her ranch style cooking! Her house is to die for, with lots of acres to roam on!
I will definitely try her recipe, am a die hard, pecans only, don't put no chocolate chips in my pecan pie type of person!
Thanks for the link!
Aimin' for the BBQ restaurants today... good heavens, there's enough on those plates to feed an army!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 8, 2011
9:14 AM

Post #8840759

Kathy this was the christmas table last year.

Thumbnail by helenethequeen

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 8, 2011
9:16 AM

Post #8840761

Crow Roast of Pork

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 8, 2011
9:22 AM

Post #8840765

cookie platter

Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

October 8, 2011
9:29 AM

Post #8840771

To heck with the food, look at the runner. AWESOME very pretty table runner. Oh and yes, the food is awesome too but I love that runner.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 8, 2011
10:06 AM

Post #8840788

Helene, do you have a picture of just the runner? I would love to get a better look at it.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 8, 2011
11:30 AM

Post #8840850

Same here Helene, would love to see a picture of just the runner.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 8, 2011
2:05 PM

Post #8840985

Kathy I don't know, my daughter is the one who collects recipes.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

October 8, 2011
2:29 PM

Post #8841012

And Helene, is are the glassware and candlesticks Fostoria?
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 8, 2011
3:47 PM

Post #8841091

Does anyone have a resource for sewing machine parts? I'm in need of an on/off power switch assembly for a Juki TL98Q

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 8, 2011
6:14 PM

Post #8841255

8 of these today. OMG so beautiful. A little fancy machine stitching and viola...

Glassware is Cambridge "Rosepoint".

Will Look around for pic of table runner. I think I have a pattern but probably did not stick to it. Will try and get info.I dto erase a lot to free up comp space. For a long time I stored much on Shutterfly but stopped doing this.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 8, 2011
6:21 PM

Post #8841264

Maybe this is better - The fabrics are by Judy Hansen not available any more I think.
But Fabrics.com has another selection that would work beautifully

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 8, 2011
6:26 PM

Post #8841268

this was the runner 2009 - we had just moved here less than a month.

Notice the rushing surround the blocks (hiding imperfection). I love pleats and rushing and gathers texture.I used to garden with texture as I had mostly shade gardens up North.

There is now a universal pleatmaker/gathering foot out there. quite interesting results.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 8, 2011
6:31 PM

Post #8841277

Oh Oh I found this - perfect

Notice rosettes - (hiding imperfection) God has his hands in all my work - nothing is perfect so I improvise

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 8, 2011
8:15 PM

Post #8841401

very pretty Helene! I love the glassware, makes your table so pretty! I remember you posting that mat, as I saved a pic of it in my quilting folders.

Karen, that Pioneer Woman is the one I was speaking of. Her food isn't anything fancy, but is very creative with flavors and such. Her show is pretty good too. She does a blog also..
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

October 8, 2011
9:08 PM

Post #8841447

yep, that is one awesome table runner. I could even see it beyond the food but I have to say that Pork crown roast looks mighty yummy too. I have never made a crown roast before. Is it difficult to roast?

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 8, 2011
11:33 PM

Post #8841543

not at all that is why I make it Prime rib - crown roast , one year this and than the other. Butcher makes the the crown ,you stuff it or not and roast at 350 degrees according to size and amount of stuffing. With pork timing is not so important as you want it well done ( I do) cannot overcook pork. Towards the last half hour roast some canned apricots halfs right along the pork for garnish with maraschino cherry in each apricot half all around the crown.
Panties are provided by the butcher.

This is another beauty - recipe in Bert GReen Cookbook. Anyway my presentation with his recipe. Geourges. German Potatoe Salad Momas easterbread and this ham to die for.

Again I am still up because my neighbor just finifhed grilling his meal or the day. She is anorexic and doesn't cook or eat or what ever. i do have a problem here...

But we are supposed to be quilting...

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2011
6:33 AM

Post #8841765

My battenburg curtain after washing.

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2011
6:34 AM

Post #8841767

I am just not ready to part with them so here's how I "fixed" them until they need another wash.

Thumbnail by mittsy

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 9, 2011
7:08 AM

Post #8841828

That works Mittsy!

Helene, the roast is beautiful! My husband is the cook, not me. He frequently offers to make a crown roast when we have company because it is such a beautful presentation besides being yummy.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 9, 2011
9:06 AM

Post #8841977

Mittsy that is so clever - looks good.

Yes this roast is easy for a crowd + we like pork and I like stuffed anything. Can be made with lamb ofcourse but talk about $$$$$
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 9, 2011
9:17 AM

Post #8841989

I got the front room painted this AM - a lovely light fern green. Goes well with the large palm outside the window.
Hope to get the machine up and running so I can get the valences made. Using the curtains from MD but will need valences. Luckily I found the rest of the fabric.
Hope to go furniture shopping in a bit to take advantage of the Columbus Day sales.
A couch & kitchen table would be nice to have.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 9, 2011
9:20 AM

Post #8841993

Jean, that is so exciting! There are times when I wish I could summons up more energy and time and do something different here but it ain't happening! I hope you are taking before and after pictures to share.
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

October 9, 2011
10:19 AM

Post #8842054

Nice save Misty, you are the lady. heheh
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 9, 2011
11:24 AM

Post #8842123

Mittsy, very clever. Jean, now you make me want to start redoing things and I haven't even finished the first decorating. Off to my sewing machine today.
Slow drizzly rainy day with strong winds!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 10, 2011
3:20 AM

Post #8842977

Good day for working on "Gift" blocks, right Marion. I'm almost caught up on requests for embroidery charm squares, what would you like in exchange for the four blocks you're making for me? I did a snowlady with snow shovel and the caption " I'd rather be quilting" yesterday and more Chickadees and more Cardinals. IDid a really cute motif for a mug rug. My sister (youngest) Patty stopped by yesterday and was admiring my Monogrammed Apple dishtowel. I explained about the different dish towel swaps I've been in, opened the drawer and there was my ice Cream Sundae towel from you. Patty says that getting an unexpected package in the mail was so wonderful, it really made her day. We laughed because we all use them as decoration and don't want anyone using them to wipe up anything messy or dirty. I do allow hand drying when the hands have just been washed. I love ironing and spray sizing them to keep them crisp looking. Brings back wonderful memories. I also love the extras we received like my Darlinmomma slippers. I wonder if there would be any interest in a basket liner or dough cover swap. I've gone back to baking bread twice a week, make two loaves and give one away. A premade dish cloth would work as a base.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 10, 2011
4:25 AM

Post #8843019

that sounds like it would be fun Mittsy!, Do you have a pattern?
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 10, 2011
7:03 AM

Post #8843239

Perfect day yesterday for working on swap items. Another repeat of yesterday on store for us today. I had to laugh about using the dishtowels---don't you dare use it for any thing but decorations at this house!!!

Explain more about your idea for the swap--sounds interesting.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

October 10, 2011
8:55 AM

Post #8843395

Marion, Thunder, et.al. Was up in your neck of the woods Saturday at a dog show (an outside show) in Lake City. We showed at 10am between the rain and wind bursts. Our boy Merlin (the one we're taking to Eukanuba in December) got Best of Breed and one of our puppy boys earned his second point. We usually would stay for Groups to represent our breed, but the weather was too unpredicatble and the delays it was putting on doijng the breeds had us concerned that we could get caught in a quagmire, so be finally decided to leave between rain bursts. We hadn't entered Sunday, which was just as well as it rained the entire day at home. Been to only one outside show that was actually cancelled, and that was on account of concerns of lightning. Usually, they will procede with the show... the judges can stay unbder the tented area of the ring. But you haven't seen a show until you've seen the standard poodles show in the rain ... it's not pretty.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 10, 2011
9:15 AM

Post #8843423

Not pretty... LOL! I'll bet, we have several standard poodles in our family.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 10, 2011
12:02 PM

Post #8843643

Congrats on the show Stu! Bet your a proud Pappa! Sorry it rained.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 10, 2011
12:24 PM

Post #8843659

No pattern but was thinking along the lines of napkin size so you could line a basket and use it for bread or rolls at the table or I'd probably use it to cover my bread dough while it's resting, and rising.

Here's the bread recipe. Best Ever white bread I make it in my Cuisinart food processor. Spray the workbowl and knife blade with cooking spray. Add to the workbowl, 3 1/2 cups bread flour, 2 teaspoons sea salt, 2 1/4 teaspoons or 1 pkt dry yeast. Process to mix well. In microwaveable glass measuring cup combine 1 cup milk, 2 tablespoons of butter, and 3 tablespoons of honey. Heat until warm but not hot. I use 30 second increments, testing on the inside of my wrist until it feels warm. Turn processor on and slowly add liquid mixturep until dough forms. Knead for a few minutes giving quick bursts of off and on. Dough should not feel wet and stick to your hands. If it does add more flour a tablespoon at a time. With additional processing. . When dough is ready turn out and put in a greased bowl, turn dough over to grease top. Cover with plastic wrap and a clean cloth or towel. Before rinsing the bowl, repeat and make a second loaf. Trust me on this, one will not last long. Let rise covered for about an hour. Turn out and knead 15 times, place in a greased bread tin and again cover with the towel, but no plastic wrap. Let rise until double in bulk or about an hour. After it has raised for 45 minutes, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Be sure you have enough space for the bread to have air circulate around it and place on the top oven rack. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown crust. I can usually smell it when it is done and eady to come out of the oven. This makes excellent toast and is very good with sandwiches. For variations you can add up to one cup of whole wheat flour and still have a nice light bread. We like to roll the dough out and add butter, brown sugar and raisans with a sprinkling of cinnamon to make cinnamon swirl breakfast bread. Just wonderfull for French toast with real maple syrup.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 10, 2011
12:26 PM

Post #8843660

We need pictures, Stu. We haven't seen the puppies in awhile.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 10, 2011
1:23 PM

Post #8843704

Congrats Stu, oh how I understand about the rain-it is still raining here. I think they said it might clear tomorrow but we are really needing it so I won't complain. I agree with Mittsy, we need to see some recent pictures, please. If you ever come to a show in Tally you better let me know!!! LOL

Mittsy, I would love to do a swap like that! I love bread cloths and use them. I used to embroidery some for gifts ions ago or so it seems.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 10, 2011
1:41 PM

Post #8843723

Marion - the sun in shining over here in Fleming Island!!!!! I'm heading out to pull some weeds & plant Cannas
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 10, 2011
1:44 PM

Post #8843727

I think the depression that has been working it way up the state is now over us and south Georgia. Most likely we will have sun tomorrow and I do have some plants I need to get out.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 10, 2011
2:28 PM

Post #8843802

Lady is coming tomorrow to deliver the embroidery machine I am buying from her. Said she will sit with me and show me how to load and use program and use machine. Is that nice or what?
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 10, 2011
4:43 PM

Post #8843985

Yes, that is nice.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 11, 2011
6:33 AM

Post #8844747

That is really nice Karen.
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

October 11, 2011
8:23 AM

Post #8844907

Yesterday was a potato corn chowder day. I just found this awesome recipe and I want to share it with yall. heheh

The best chowder ever. If I wasn't making it for my DSH too, I would have added clams.

Ingredients

3 med red Potatoes
2 cups water
1 sml onion
3 tblsp butter
3 tblsp flour
crushed red pepper flakes
ground black pepper
3 cups milk
1/2 tsp sugar
1 cup shredded Chedder cheese
1 cup cubed cooked ham'

1 Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes
2 Bring water to a boil in large saucepan. Add potatoes and cook until tender. drain, reserving liquid. Set aside potatoes. Measure 1 cup cooking liquid, adding water, if necessary: set aside
3 Peel and finely chop onion. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. add onion to saucepan; cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent and tender, but not brown.
4 Add flour to saucepan/ season with pepper flakes and black pepper to taste. cook 3-4 minutes.
5 Gradually add potatoes, reserved 1 cup cooking liquid, milk and sugar to onion mixture in saucepan; stir well. Add cheese and ham. simmer over low heat 30 min. stirring frequently. Store leftovers, covered, in refrigerator.

serve with some great cheese biscuits and enjoy. we did and I add so much that I was able to share with my dear friend that just had some eye surgery so she didn't feel like cooking and it was perfect timing.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 11, 2011
9:07 AM

Post #8844962

Yummm!!!! We love potato soup anyway, but this one looks wonderful! Thanks Jan!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 11, 2011
9:44 AM

Post #8844999

Barbara arrived at 10 with my "new" machine ( I do have t say it looks brand new). She just left at 12:30, we had a problem getting the PED to load. Not our or the machines fault, was Windows 7 GRRRRR. Had an online chat with Brother Tech and he had solution for me. Everything up and running great.
I want to play but we are leaving town again tomorrow for long week-end. Next week...I will play and play. Go ahead snow, you can start now, I don't care I be in my sewing room. LOL

P.S. it was so nice to meet Barbara, I think we will remain friends as we had so many ideas to share back and forth. Her DH hit it off with mine too.

jumper2

jumper2
Huron, OH
(Zone 5b)

October 11, 2011
11:16 AM

Post #8845081

glad it's working for you. How cool the DHs hit it off well too!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 11, 2011
12:08 PM

Post #8845143

It's a great feeling when couples meet and it "works"...Have a lot of fun Karen and we will be watching for results!!!1

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 12, 2011
7:02 AM

Post #8846043

I have found that windows 7 was not compatible with several things. The first thing was my digital camera software had to be changed, but I got it figured out.
Glad you got it all figured out, and will be bust wit it next week. Can't wait to see what it can do!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 12, 2011
8:02 AM

Post #8846130

I've cussed at Windows 7 over so many things, had to get a new scanner and several programs that I love just won't work at all. It says there is a way to make them work but even my tech couldn't make it happen.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 12, 2011
10:05 AM

Post #8846297

i have a hard time with windows 7 and XP. i couldn't install either of my embroidery machines quickly. Needed some coaxing to get them to work

Got my new Quiltmaker there is an ad for discounted quilt kits at "quiltkits.com"

Also quiltmaker has an easy Contest you guys may want to check it out. "Quiltmaker's treasure hunt" nices prizes...
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 12, 2011
5:25 PM

Post #8846781

These are my set of swap blocks from a FB swap:) there are still 5 more Halloween ones and 6 Autumn ones on the way! such an awsome reward for putting myself in all 3 groups!

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 12, 2011
5:42 PM

Post #8846804

Love those blocks Sondra.
On the contest, I have found most of the treasure hunts squares, but there are a few that they have hidden very well.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 12, 2011
7:53 PM

Post #8846960

I found 2 and gave up. Got so envolved with all the fabrics. which one are you missing
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 13, 2011
3:20 AM

Post #8847106

Wow, what a nice assortment. Could I have a closeup of the block on the far left in the fourth row? It looks like it would adapt nicely to a habitat for humanity placemat.
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

October 13, 2011
5:46 AM

Post #8847194

I finished my rug hooked witches hat yesterday, just need to make a hanger for it now. I am going to put a witches broom through the loop that I made on the top then crochet a hanger to hold it all.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 13, 2011
6:45 AM

Post #8847257

Mittsy is it the autumn one or halloween one?

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 13, 2011
8:29 AM

Post #8847364

Iknew it would be gorgeous Jan. What a great job you did with it. I can see it hanging now from the broom!!!!
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

October 13, 2011
11:53 AM

Post #8847631

Well my friend still didn't find the broom so I am using this twig till then.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 13, 2011
4:11 PM

Post #8847921

Here's what I've been working on, finally finished it before supper... a banner for my niece with the Blue Star for her soldier boy on one side, and the Patriotic Star in Our Hearts block on the other. Did a little tweaking here and there, and by the Blue Star banner restrictions, it may not be to the Quilt Police' standards, but that's the way it goes... I like it and that's all that matters!

Thumbnail by Kizmo

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 13, 2011
4:13 PM

Post #8847925

and the other side... would be really nice to be able to post at least 2 pics on one posting...

Thumbnail by Kizmo

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 13, 2011
4:25 PM

Post #8847943

I really like that Kathy, I would like to make one for my friend whose son(my kinda grandson) is in Afghanistan. To my way of thinking, it doesn't matter the dimensions, it's the thought & meaning.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 13, 2011
4:51 PM

Post #8847975

My sentiments exactly Karen. I think it's just wonderful Kathy and I know what it will mean to your niece. Great job...

This message was edited Oct 13, 2011 7:51 PM
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 13, 2011
6:08 PM

Post #8848076

Too bad I packed my cinnamon scented broom & moved it to FL or I'd send it to you.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 13, 2011
9:24 PM

Post #8848254

Katha that is so beautiful. Good job.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 13, 2011
9:41 PM

Post #8848281

Kathy I LOVE that patriotic heart!!! That is one of the most beautiful blocks I've seen in a LONG time! is there a pattern somewhere for that or did you "put it together" without instructions, I LOVE it!

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 14, 2011
5:49 AM

Post #8848503

Morning Pat! The pattern was from a QW mag, it's really not hard to put together. Makes a 12.5" block. The 'American Pride' piece was just something I added, as the Blue Star piece on the back was a rectangle and I wanted the Heart to be the same size. I can copy and send to you, if you like?
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 14, 2011
6:13 AM

Post #8848519

Very nice Kathy--really, really pretty. Are you hand quilting it? I had to give hand quilting up when I was having so much trouble with carpal tunnel. I have had surgeries on both hands and now I am wondering if I can? Humm, might have to give it a try on a smaller item in progress.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 14, 2011
6:22 AM

Post #8848526

Nope, this was done on the machine, except for the binding. I just started with the center star, then used the heart design to echo around the heart a couple times, added small stars in the corners and the top. I've been contemplating how to finish it for quite a while, then it just kinda 'came' to me... I just used the name of the block! "A Star in Our Hearts"... lol wow, that was a head-slappin' moment!!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 14, 2011
6:28 AM

Post #8848531

Wow again, how did you ever come up with that name? LOL Sounds like something I would do.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 14, 2011
6:32 AM

Post #8848535

it was the name of the pattern..(I think, don't have it in front of me at the moment)
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 14, 2011
6:49 AM

Post #8848561

ROFLOL, yes, I quite frequently name things after the patterns name.
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

October 14, 2011
7:30 AM

Post #8848613

Kathy, that is awesome. I love it.
This is what I was working on this morning at 1am when I couldn't sleep. I bought one as a pattern and the other one is mine. The one I bought was made in China so I didn't have a problem using it as a pattern. I plan on tweeking the antlers a little and the scarf but I think they are cute and easy to make so I am going to make about a dozen of then for a craft show on the 30th

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 14, 2011
7:37 AM

Post #8848616

Yours is the furry one???? Cute Moose!!!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 14, 2011
7:45 AM

Post #8848626

Jan, are you going to make one like a fake head over a fireplace style??

Kathy I would LOVE to get a copy of the pattern!!

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 14, 2011
8:21 AM

Post #8848657

Pat, I'll get one printed out for you..

Jan are those socks, like the sock monkey ones? Too cute!
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

October 14, 2011
9:37 AM

Post #8848729

Well, they are suppose to look like the sock monkey dolls but in a childrens size. It would be nice if I had some of those socks but I am on a make do budget and this works for me. I have loads of stuff that I can use for make do. The one from China, looks more like the sock monkeys but at least I have the colors right. heheh
I made another one this morning. Staying busy.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 14, 2011
11:23 AM

Post #8848822

I love the lights in his antlers!!!! You are so clever!! Mug mats are ready to mail. In the morning after the rain stops okay????
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 15, 2011
1:48 AM

Post #8849493

They are very cute.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 15, 2011
5:58 AM

Post #8849575

I have 5 Soldier (QoV) and 2 childrens (Downey) quilts to drop off today. someone else pieced them; I just did the quilting. Got them quilted the past 2 rainy days. Still have 4 soldier quilts and at least 3 children's quilts to finsih up in the next month (all but 1 if those I pieced). Should not be a problem getting those done now that the weather is cooler & I'm more content to stay indoors.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 15, 2011
8:03 AM

Post #8849743

I need some ideas on quilting on this panel... I could echo around the main designs, or SID on the first border strip, but after that, I'm not sure... The red/blue/gold border is a continuous strip, not individually pieced. Should I stitch between each one of those stripes? This is a wall quilt, not a lap robe...
Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Thumbnail by Kizmo

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 15, 2011
8:30 AM

Post #8849759

Beings it's a wall quilt, it can get along with less quilting. I would just do what you feel is needed to make the design pop.
That wasn't really any help was it? LOL

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 15, 2011
9:29 AM

Post #8849810

Or outline the main design and then do an allover star quilting for the rest of it?

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 15, 2011
4:36 PM

Post #8850218

I took a class today at my LQS. The pattern is a broken star and is from Jan Krentz's book Quick Star Quilts. We learned how to use the magic mirrors and how to cut diamond shapes and then how to sew the top with NO "Y" seams. It is going to be pretty I think.
This is all the pieces up on the design wall.

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 15, 2011
4:38 PM

Post #8850223

I was able to get the top half sewn during class and will do the other half tomorrow. It was a great class and I learned a lot. Marion - it was taught by Mary Derry!!!

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 15, 2011
6:21 PM

Post #8850320

Barb, that block looks great!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 15, 2011
8:23 PM

Post #8850481

WAY COOL!! I have serious "take a class" envy going on! It has been way too long since I took ANY class for pleasure.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 15, 2011
8:33 PM

Post #8850493

On this past Monday the 3 other counselors & care coordinator all decided to make a rag quilt for the Big Boss for this coming Tuesday. It's denim and autumn fabric. I gave the denim jeans to each of them with a finished block for a pattern on Tuesday. They returned them to me on Wednesday, I cut all the fabric tops and sewed all the Xs , got 2 sections of the quarter blanket done and gave them to the first 2 counselors, showed them how to clip it and loaned them my scissors. I sewed the next 2 quarters the following night. I have back the first 2 quarters and I'm supposed to get the remaining two tomorrow. I will then join all 4 quarters into the whole blanket and clip those final assembly seams. Then take it on down to the laundry mat. I HAVE to have it done and to work on Monday. The Boss appreciation breakfast is Tuesday and I won't be there. My husband's surgery is Tuesday...

What was I thinking?? LOL The real test is whether the staff will want to make another one for our immediate Boss's Christmas present. She's a quilter and will understand the amount of work that went into making it. The Big Boss may not but I had the fabric and denim available in her colors/style. She's into hunting and fishing, autumn colors and I had 2 pair brown jeans, 1 olive, 1 gold and some really great theme fabric to go with it.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 16, 2011
5:44 AM

Post #8850705

Wow, a boss that you like!!!! Must be nice. I guess mine isn't bad but I sure wouldn't make him a quilt.
My problem with taking classes is following instructions and working at someone else's pace. and sitting still!!!!

Beautiful & sunny today so I'm planning on communing with nature & doing much needed yard work...then will do some quilting this evening after dinner.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 16, 2011
6:56 AM

Post #8850766

Where are you Jean? It is blowing like crazy here today. 20-30 MPH and the leaves are swirling all around.. I feel like I live in the 100 acres wood!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 16, 2011
8:00 AM

Post #8850834

Barb, that is so pretty! Sure wish we had a quilt shop near by to take classes!
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

October 16, 2011
9:49 AM

Post #8850983

I think this thread needs to be moved to a new page, its getting sort of long but I don't know how to do it. heheh I've only been here 10 years. heheh
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 16, 2011
9:49 AM

Post #8850984

That makes 2 of us LK.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 16, 2011
10:53 AM

Post #8851081

New thread... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1225613/

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

October 16, 2011
12:52 PM

Post #8851252

I've taught a few craft classes and a couple of wall hanging projects... my pet peeve are the women that come in late and expect me stop everybody else's instruction and catch them up!!! I usually ask them to wait a couple of minutes while I get everybody else moving on to a step that will take a little bit, THEN I'll give them the help them need. (The late comers are RARELY happy with that!!)

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

October 16, 2011
4:31 PM

Post #8851527

Teaches them what they need to know-being late for a class is rude!!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America