I have this beautiful Yellow minature rose bush that is planted between two regular size rose bushes and it is getting smothered out. For Valentine's Day, I gave a friend one of those minature roses as a hostess gift and she planted it in a good size pot outdoors and it was doing beautifully the last time I was to visit her which has been a few months ago. Of course, all she has to do is look at a plant and it grows for her! Do you think I would be wise to wait till Spring to move it or would I risk moving it now so it has the winter to adjust to its new location?
Moving a minature rose bush
You can move it now if you think it has time to settle in before dormancy
I moved a lot of mine this spring and they all did fine. I would winter protect and wait.
If weather permits, the task of moving it will be on next week's list.
I moved 2 Marie Pavies last week and they made it through.