Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

CLOSED: Thanksgiving Swap

Ocean Springs, MS

Anyone interested in having a Thanksgiving Swap. I could open it now and have sign-ups until October 25. I would like to suggest some ideas for the swap:
1. No more than $20.00 plus postage
2. Include 2 or 3 recipes that you traditionally cook for Thanksgiving (you could even include the ingredients and a baking pan for one of the recipes)
3. If your buddy says its okay, send plates, napkins, tablecloth, etc. for their dinner
4. Send at least one small plant that is fall-themed (orange, red, yellow,etc.) or some bulbs that will bloom next spring
5. Send an explanation of a tradition that your family does every year
6. Send 2 or 3 packs of seeds that are fall-colored
7. Send a box of chocolates or some other sweet treat that your buddy may like
8. send a small harvest wreath or a craft idea with supplies to make the Thanksgiving/harvest craft
9. a fall/harvest scented candle or potpourri
10. send gourds or other natural decorations

Please let me know what you think. If you would like to sign up, go ahead and let me know. Also, when you sign up, please list things you would like to receive if your partner can get them. Also, list anything you would not like to receive (such as candles, sweets, etc.)

Hope to make this swap a fun one. love, julie

Players:
froggies_girl
irisluvr0252
taters55
mittsy
FOTV
Happgarden
Joeswife
Heavenscape
Deejay9
Crit

This message was edited Oct 9, 2011 9:44 PM

This message was edited Oct 13, 2011 6:11 PM

This message was edited Oct 15, 2011 7:36 PM

This message was edited Oct 17, 2011 8:25 PM

This message was edited Oct 18, 2011 10:21 AM

This message was edited Oct 19, 2011 3:35 PM

This message was edited Oct 20, 2011 9:22 PM

Ocean Springs, MS

My wants and likes: paper and plastic wear for thanksgiving dinner, hyacinth bulbs, fall or Christmas scented candles, dark chocolate, recipes, seeds (foxglove, columbine, delphinium, or any other early blooming flowers), lily of the valley, paperwhite bulbs, any kind of fall picks to make a centerpiece, and I'd love an explanation of a thanksgiving tradition your family does. Well, I think I've said enough. Love, Julieanne

This message was edited Oct 18, 2011 10:37 AM

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I would love to be in a Thanksgiving Swap! Hopefully more will find this and sign up!

Thanks Julie!

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Sign me up please?

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Sounds great Julie but I am going to have to pass on this one. I need to finish up the ones I am in now and be very selective of the ones I join, if any, since I am now unemployed. I will however be lurking on your thread to see all the goodies!!! ^_^

Have fun!

Ocean Springs, MS

Great! Got you down, irisluvr0252 and taters55!

Crit, sorry about your unemployment, but glad to see you "lurking."

love, julie

Ocean Springs, MS

Morning, everyone! Hope all of you are doing well. Spread the word about this swap. I'd like to have at least 8-10 people play. love, julie

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I'd like to join but will be moving mid swap so person mailing to me will have to check with hostess for address. Love handmade items. Full aprons, decorative pot holders, quilted placemats, dishtowels and dishrags. Outdoor decorative flags. No candles. Homemade cookies or breads, love recipes and home canned goodies. Small decorative wreath or door decoration suitable for condo. Bulbs and seeds ok but no living plants (in case post office screws up yet again).

Ocean Springs, MS

Great Mittsy! i'll make sure your buddy gets it to the right address. So glad all of you joined!
love, julie

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

GM FRIENDS Sure wish I Could join this one but I trully have my hands full with daddy right now & Just no time to get out to shop. but i will watch you all & the goodies rec'd .
hugs
susie

Julie, I've been putting the link out on threads I go to. Hope you get some more partakers of this great swap!

Ocean Springs, MS

Sorry you can't join us deejay! Miss you.
Crit, Thanks for the help.
Hope everyone has a great Saturday. Love, Julieanne

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

I'd love to join, Julie. It'll probably be too late for me to send plants but I can share fresh Spring blooming bulbs along with other goodies.
I prefer dark chocolates and can always use a new recipe or wreath / kit. No food allergies and love homemade goodies. Jarred candles are great too and I have a Scentsy warmer if anyone wants to send a pack of cubes. Clean scents like beach, linen, vanilla & citrus and Earthly scents like apple, cinnamon, pachouli, peach, vanilla, and coffee are some of my favs. Not much of a fan of sweet sugary scents and can't stand the smell of Gardenias. It's just hubby and me so we don't need plates, silverware, etc. I don't sew or should say I can't, but am pretty handy with a glue gun. If I get a Buddy who hasn't sent me a decorated rock yet, that would be fun too.

Happy Fall, ya'll!

This message was edited Oct 21, 2011 7:24 PM

Ocean Springs, MS

Yay! Another buddy! Thanks, FOTV, will put you down. love, julie

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Hay, I think I can do this.. put my name in!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Ok, I shouldn't be doing this but here I am.....LOL
Last year was great put my name in the hat.
Please not candles DH has allergies and I could very possibly burn down the house... ;)
Love milk chocolate, easy good receipes, pot holders, towels, anything to decorate inside or outside, no allergies on my part. Love the fall colors, yard flags, big pole flags, love bulbs oh yes, pretty easy to please.

Ocean Springs, MS

Hey. Happ! Glad to have you. We will have a fun swap! Love to all, Julieanne

uhm, am I accepted to join in? I didn't see my name up there..

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

We gotta have Debra in..... ;)

Ocean Springs, MS

Omg! Debra, I am so sorry! I'm gonna have to do something special to make it up to you! Love, Julieanne

Ocean Springs, MS

If you haven't posted your likes, dislikes, wants, etc., please do. If we can get one more player, then I'll go ahead and draw names. And this will be a secret swap! Love you all, Julieanne

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

JULIE!!!! JULIEEEeeee!!
(sorry for shouting)
sign me up please!!

okay, I really do not care for beauty products. LOL uhm, anything else to keep me busy is great. I have a huge Garden for winter in my basement, so will be tinkering down there all fall and winter. I love handmade things. Just can't think of too many things I don't like.

OK, if you end up needing just 'one more' you can put me in. If you have enough that really want in, then leave me out. I would do it just to help you.

Ocean Springs, MS

heavenscape, you're in! And please feel free to shout whenever you want!

Crit, we have 8 players. If you want to join, please let me know. Then I'll choose names!

love to all, julie

That's OK. Just would join if you were short a person. I will continue to lurk.

Waving to everyone. Hey there, Jaybird!

Come on Crit, this will be fun!

Bet there's somebody else out there lurking, too.

yes i have been lurking & it is tempting but I'm not sure yet how many you have ?? if you really need another let me know Don't want to be the oddball :)
susie

Come on Susie, you can do it! Don't have to be even numbers to play!

Ocean Springs, MS

Deejay, you know you are most welcome to join. We have 8 players, so I just don't want you to feel obligated. Let me know. I will draw names tonight and let everyone know who their secret buddy is. love ya, julie

If Susie wants to I will too.

I thought everone here needed a hug, so here ya are..

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

;D

ok you all twisted my arm when is the mail out date ? gee guess i better get my thiking cap out today :)
add me to the list ;0

susie

Guess I am in too.............

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Giving you a hug too, (((((Debra)))))

Yeah, Crit and Susie are in!!! ^_^

When you're finished using your thinking cap, Susie, I might need to borrow it.

might take me a couple days :))

Do we have to send all that is listed up top ???? Not sure i can handle all that . but will try for saome of them :))))

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.