Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Ordering Spring Bulbs - my fall resolutions: your wisdom

Communities > Forums > Article: Ordering Spring Bulbs - my fall resolutions
bookmark
Forum: Article: Ordering Spring Bulbs - my fall resolutionsReplies: 1, Views: 9
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
desertbunny
Organ, NM
(Zone 7a)

October 10, 2011
11:11 AM

Post #8843579

Oh Carrie, if only I had read your article $200 ago! I was just out walking round my garden (front & back), trying to peer through the grass and weeds which have magically appeared in my iris and roses so that I could figure out: where I might plant the bulbs I just bought at the local iris club sale, the salvia and ipheion that I thought I'd just "tuck in" someplace, the daffodils that I don't think the deer and rabbits will eat this year. I've bought some more Dutch iris hoping that I remember where the bulbs are that I planted last year and the year before so that I don't enthusiastically dig them up while planting the new ones. In my mind, the garden will be gorgeous and I will lounge on the patio or the back yard, enjoying the art of my year-round blooming scheme. Alas--though I know that I'll be surprised and happy with everything that does survive, I also know that when I consult the lists I've made to see all the things that I've bought and planted in the fall that are missing in action, and with your article in mind, I'll make a new resolve to restrain myself. HA HA!! (and alas)

Thumbnail by desertbunny
Click the image for an enlarged view.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

October 26, 2011
8:38 AM

Post #8864365

I was just writing to someone else about how I should have resolved to MARK THE LOCATIONS! Now that my yard has many more bulbs than when I first wrote that article, I all too frequently send DH out to plant X in Y spot and he'll report back that there was already something else - another bulb? a prized perennial? in that spot,but no worries, he's removed it and planted X there instead! I feel your pain! Thanks for you comment.

I'm sorry to be so late; I was away from computer and the real world.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Ordering Spring Bulbs - my fall resolutions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Yep! the1pony 3 Aug 12, 2009 2:52 PM
Every bit my Mother! NEILMUIR1 5 Aug 13, 2009 1:24 PM
Good advice Hemophobic 10 Aug 13, 2009 12:54 AM
now if we'll only listen... DiggerDee 7 Oct 26, 2011 8:12 AM
Party Pooper dahlianut 17 Oct 26, 2011 9:32 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America