Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict: Guilty as charged!

Communities > Forums > Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict
bookmark
Forum: Article: True Confessions of a Gardening AddictReplies: 0, Views: 12
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Sunflower1888
Manassas, VA

October 10, 2011
4:57 PM

Post #8843998

I hear ya'! My conversation is peppered with talk of how the Hyacinth Bean vine didn't perform as well as I had hoped and how I'm babying the Althea I planted a few seasons ago. The eyes of those around me glaze over when I speak in the term of seasons ( as in growing season! hello!!! ) They have learned to tolerate me but those who are as enthusiastic to discuss and/or engage in gardening are few and far between. I, too, am not fond of "landscapes" or entirely planned plantings. I love volunteer plants and I refer to my garden as Eden. I am not about keeping it perfectly manicured. I love a wandering Honeysuckle vine or a Butterfly Bush that pushes its' limits and leans over the walkway. My husand calls it ( gasp! ) overgrown. Nay, nay! 'Tis lush!!! It is my favorite idea that no one can tell me I'm gardening wrong. Gardening is, after all, about making your soul happy. Whether it's edged and perfectly pruned or happily ambling and climbing where it will, embrace it and enjoy it. I know I do ;)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Plant Addicts Unite! chrissy100 35 Oct 29, 2007 1:19 AM
Jeremy, what a saga! Happy_1 11 Oct 28, 2007 3:09 PM
By request: Enlargeable photos - 1 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 4:54 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 2 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 6:43 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 3 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 5:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America