Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

A lesson learned today

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

You know sometimes we gardeners try to save money; buy all the supplies ourselves and after spending all that plus your time, you could have bought the product already made and saved yourself a lot of stress and pain. WhiteFlowerFarm.com sells wire bulb cages but they are $24.95 each. That seemed like a bit pricey to me..After making 3 on my own today, the next time I will spend that money with them. My hands/fingers hurt so bad from working with tin snips, needle nose plyers, tack hammer, and whip stitching with thin wire,; it's a good thing these cages are going to be buried because it was a hard and painful job. From now on I'm leaving it to the pros! Just took 3 Advil and it's off to bed I go. Tomorrow is my bowling morning; hope my hands/fingers feel better by then.

This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!