Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Ordering Spring Bulbs - my fall resolutions: Plant 'em in cemetaries!

Communities > Forums > Article: Ordering Spring Bulbs - my fall resolutions
bookmark
Forum: Article: Ordering Spring Bulbs - my fall resolutionsReplies: 1, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
VeraLenora
Scottville, MI

October 11, 2011
7:16 PM

Post #8845669

Some years ago I started a project to plant daffodils and some small blue bulbs at family gravestones. I'm not finished with everyone, but where they are planted it looks terrific in spring! Our family really stands out, though we're scattered here and there (and in 3 cemeteries besides). I'm the last one, I know, who will take care of the family sites. This little project assures me there will be flowers for decades to come ... maybe longer.

May the memories shine!

Oh, and if the cemetery rules say 'no plantings' ... I plant anyhow. I figure the bulbs belong to the cemetery and they can mow them down if they want to. I would have no kick coming. So far though, the mowers go around the bulbs until the leaves are brown and dry.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

October 26, 2011
8:41 AM

Post #8864367

What a clever idea! How did you let them know to wait that long - even DH mows before the leaves are brown? Super idea!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Ordering Spring Bulbs - my fall resolutions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Yep! the1pony 3 Aug 12, 2009 2:52 PM
Every bit my Mother! NEILMUIR1 5 Aug 13, 2009 1:24 PM
Good advice Hemophobic 10 Aug 13, 2009 12:54 AM
now if we'll only listen... DiggerDee 7 Oct 26, 2011 8:12 AM
Party Pooper dahlianut 17 Oct 26, 2011 9:32 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America