Photo by Melody

Article: Leaf blower or rake and broom: where do you stand?: Gas Blowers are Air Polluters too

Communities > Forums > Article: Leaf blower or rake and broom: where do you stand?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Leaf blower or rake and broom: where do you stand?Replies: 4, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Elphaba

Elphaba
Rockport, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 12, 2011
7:57 AM

Post #8846122

I try to rake and sweep as much as I can, but I do have an electric blower. Small gas-powered yard equipment like lawn mowers and leaf blowers aren't subject ot the same air quality restrictions as other gas operated machinery, so they pollute the air big time. I live in an area with very poor air quality and I'm sensitive to the pollution, so I hate gas-powered blowers and edge clippers. Heck, some tree trimmers in my neighbor's yard left a film of oil on my pond. It's disgusting.

I vote rake or electric leaf blower.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 12, 2011
8:12 AM

Post #8846139

Thanks for reading, and "casting a vote." You can probably sense which way I lean, but I am abstaining.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

October 12, 2011
8:13 AM

Post #8846140

I vote for the rake or broom, but I don't have to make a living with it, either, and do x yards per day, 6 days a week.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 12, 2011
8:19 AM

Post #8846152

You could ban blowers, and 'lawn guys' would use the mower to run up the driveway and do mostly the same thing, with mostly the same side effects.
Thanks for reading and commenting.
Passionflowerz
Punta Gorda, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 12, 2011
10:07 AM

Post #8846299

I have hated leaf blowers from the first time I ever heard one...what a ridiculous invention...blowing something from one spot
to another. Personally, I hate the contraptions. They're loud, useless, and a waste of energy. Who is going to pick up what you blew away?
Or is one hoping for the wind to pick it up and blow off into a neighbor's yard? I just don't get it. :(...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Leaf blower or rake and broom: where do you stand? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Rake and Broom All the Way! BennysPlace 5 Oct 20, 2011 9:55 PM
I use both Gitagal 4 Nov 30, 2011 1:09 PM
Use mowers azulverde 1 Oct 17, 2011 5:30 PM
Either way, DON'T BURN! farmlife 1 Oct 19, 2011 9:56 AM
Rake & Broom or Mower for me..... foodiesleuth 1 Oct 19, 2011 9:29 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America