blood pressure question

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

normal for me is 110/70, pulse 75-80

current is 120-125/65-66,, pulse 89

feels like it's pounding out of my chest.. now, keep in mind I'm probalby a little paranoid, since I was kicked by a horse in the chest 12/10, damaged the mitral valve...

uh.. trying not to be overly nervous.. but ...

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

One thin that can bring up your BP is stress. Being nervous is no good. Try to calm yourself down, maintain a low salt intake and if you can drink tea to maintain good your potassium and hydration level.

What kind of damage did you do to the mitral valve? What the doctor told you?

If you are home, you may need to take easy for couple of days and all will be OK, you may only have a bruise and some inflammation. The mitral valve is very important, it control the flow of blood in the heart.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Dec 30, 2010.. kicked... cause mitral valve to be loose and regurgitating.
Latest check up says still leaking...

did this pulse up, top bp up / bottom bp down.. three times over three days. Settled back to normal last few days..

Weird though.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Now I understand it better, you have to continue looking after yourself and avoid getting upset, too up-tight and too exited, all those will make, with your condition, regurgitate the blood flow and this will put your BP in the state it was.

Even though, you should feel so lucky and bless that your heart continues on and on.

Blessings
Cristina

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

It wasn't triggered by upset or nervousness... Which is why I asked in the first place.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

AngelSong ~ any chance that something in your diet triggered that?

If there is a another episode, document what you eat (or drink) and see if there will be any future repetitive triggers.

Just an uneducated thought but I find as I pay more attention I am amazed at how my body reacts to specific foods.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I'm already on lean protein, whole grains, low to no sugar...
If I gave up much else, I think I wouldn't be eating hardly at all.

I have a hunch what's going on... Should start getting answers tomorrow...

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I would be curious to hear if you don't mind sharing when you find out?

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I don't know how old you are, but mitral valve prolapse (causing the regurgitation) is common in women near 50 and older... something like 50% or more of older women have this problem, including me. It's usually no big deal. Every once in a while I can feel it, but I've learned it's not life-threatening, and not to panic. Panic just makes my blood pressure go up!

Your BP as described above, is well within normal limits, and the pulse was probably elevated from panic.

In a few people mitral valve prolapse can become more pronounced with age, enough to eventually need a valve replacement IF the valve itself becomes calcified. That's very different than how you said your doctor described your valve injury. I worked in that kind of surgery years ago, and and back then it required open heart surgery. Now they go in through the rib cage via a tube, and you go home the next day. Slam, Bam, Thank you, Ma'am. Amazing technology!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images