Photo by Melody

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: 2nd Annual FALL Houseplants/Tropicals Swap, Reveal #4

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 230, Views: 1,356
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 15, 2011
6:48 PM

Post #8850352

We only have a few folks left to receive their minimum of 3 healthy houseplants and/or tropicals. Please Priority Mail yours with a Delivery Confirmation number as soon as you can. Feel free to divide plants you already have or send cuttings or ones you've rooted. If your budget permits, you're also free to include other gardening items like gloves, water globes, plant markers, or Fall bulbs for Summer blooms.

Please DO NOT post Delivery Confirmation Numbers directly on our threads...doing so is an invasion of privacy. Instead, keep your receipt handy, or D-mail me the number you used so I can let your Secret Buddy know their box of plants is on the way.

We came from here: davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1223622/

And our Wish Lists are here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1197083/

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Click the image for an enlarged view.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 15, 2011
6:50 PM

Post #8850355

Reserved for Participants...

candles4u / Crystal -- > Rec'd from goldhillal
careyana / Carey -- > Rec'd from Tina_A
catzgalore / Stephanie -- > Rec'd from tikipod
chellflower / Chell -- > Rec'd from rvnsbrk
dispatcher1 / Lou -- > Rec'd from candles4u
FruitOfTheVine / Susan
GAgirl1066 / Paula -- > Rec'd from roxxanne
GardenQuilts / Lori Lynn -- > Rec'd from careyana
goldhillal / Crystal -- > Rec'd from ilovejesus99
happgarden / Joyce -- > Rec'd from GAgirl1066
ilovejesusus99 / Sandy -- > Rec'd from chellflower
joeswife / Debra -- > Rec'd from FruitOfTheVine
jsxtiger / Jax -- > Rec'd from dispatcher1
rouxcrew / Joy -- > Rec'd from joeswife
roxxanne / Rox -- > Rec'd from happgarden
rvnsbrk / Neener -- > Rec'd from candles4u
tikipod / Angie -- > Rec'd from rouxcrew
Tina_A / Tina -- > Rec'd from jsxtiger

Staying to chat but aren't exchanging plants this round:
AmandaEsq / Amanda
Carolyn22 / Carolyn
Cville_Gardener / Carole
janaestone/ Di
Mud_Elf / Kris
plantsforpeg / Peggy

This message was edited Nov 9, 2011 8:07 PM
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 15, 2011
7:00 PM

Post #8850375

When I was a Smockette's I dug up a Coral Bean. I was told in the spring they had a root system that was next to impossible to dig...Wow is that an understatement.

Thumbnail by ilovejesus99

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 15, 2011
7:01 PM

Post #8850377

I know what you mean, Sandy. My problem is over watering hens and chicks when I know they like dry feet. And now the mealy bugs have found them. It's a good thing they're in their own environment outside and hope spraying with Windex Ammonia like crazy for the past couple of weeks does the trick.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 15, 2011

Post #8850378

I never imagined it having a root like this.

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 15, 2011

Post #8850379

Here is the top

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 15, 2011
7:02 PM

Post #8850380

It looks like a Wisdom Tooth!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 15, 2011
7:03 PM

Post #8850382

Here is another one we dug.

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 15, 2011
7:04 PM

Post #8850384

That is what I thought to FOTV
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 15, 2011
7:25 PM

Post #8850416

That's another plant I'm not familiar with it, Sandy. Is it grown for foliage or does it bloom?

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 15, 2011
8:09 PM

Post #8850468

It blooms in the spring. I offered seeds on here and posted pics. But here is a thread I posted pictures on that was easier to find :). I still have seeds if you would like some FOTV
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 15, 2011

Post #8850469

Whoops http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1194066/

This message was edited Oct 15, 2011 9:10 PM

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 15, 2011
9:03 PM

Post #8850519

hmmm, those look cool... if you have a couple, I would like to try some. ( IN A TUB) lol..

Sounds like you had a good time fruity. I would have freaked at the crowd, tho. I miss going to craft fairs. We might go to Cox Farms tommorrow, they always have such good stuff.

Joyce that was Kaitlyn outside. She has so many more blooms open tonight. Downstairs all the buds are now open on the blooming brug down there.

Pretty, but the tendrils on Kaitlyn and the skirt are much prettier. Son coming over tommorrow to finish up the bringing in of the plants. Just didn't want to be out in the cold doing that stuff. Over night we lost about 5 more fish. Pond is now empty, fish that are left are swimming in their new tub and the pond plants are all settled.

My question is what is the differece between the prennial and non prennial hens n chick things.?
I still have some special ones downstairs, and the prennials have done better since I moved them to the rock Garden and sanded them down .

Thumbnail by joeswife

tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 15, 2011
10:11 PM

Post #8850549

I have some hens and chicks arriving soon. They will stay indoors until spring and then we will make a rock garden bowl with them. I want to do one of those living paintings using frames.

My son has claimed the cobwebs Joyce sent as his lol.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

October 16, 2011
1:12 AM

Post #8850605

I also got into succulents this year. I figured that was one type of plant that maybe my stoopid cats wouldn't try to eat and puke back up. Jerks.

Um, Froot! jalepeno mustard. Good GOD. Two words together couldn't incite my salivary glands more. :/

There is a hot dill pickle I buy at the giant "farmers market" on the interstate not far from here. We also have a "curbside" market on Saturday and Wednesday too in the summer where the hard core locals are. One vendor in particular "Goat Lady" sells cheeses (!) and my favorite is the 3 pepper goat cheese. GAH! Salivary.

I haven't looked but maybe I should look at the Christmas trade...

Loveto all. I am up late with Debra cause I can't sleep having had too many diet cokes late in the day.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 16, 2011
3:50 AM

Post #8850637

Sorry I've been scarce the past few days! DH and I took DSD and a friend to Las Vegas for her 21st. It's almost 4am local, our flight is at 8am, and I'm still the only one in the room! Good thing I'm driving back home tomorrow. DH will be a waste!

I'm glad Lori Lynn did get the box! I feel much better knowing that. :)

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

October 16, 2011
5:05 AM

Post #8850684

Joeswife, is that a hen and chick in your photo above? I call that a ghost plant and even though I have asked it dozens of times to identify itself, it has not yet. At any rate that thing is not hardy for me here in zone 8, but friends in Monroeville, AL keep it year round on their porch. It is much warmer there though.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 16, 2011
7:54 AM

Post #8850823

well goldhillal, I hope I can keep it alive, I have no clue what I am doing. LOL
Amanda, you stayed up later than me, and that is hard to do most of the time LOL
We just need a 48 hour day.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 16, 2011
9:35 AM

Post #8850965

Wanted to post this from the beach, but couldn't get the picture to load on the old laptop. On a morning walk, I found this piece of semi rotten tree limb laying in the road. Had all these ferns growing on it so I picked it up. Come to find out this is a normal occurence there and that these are "Resurrection Plants". A lot of the trees are covered with these way up in the branches. Now I'm trying to figure a good way to keep this. Just been misting it for now. May try the terrarium route.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 16, 2011
10:39 AM

Post #8851058

That looks like my frilly Echeveria a bit before I beheaded her (she had pups starting below.) I LOVE those and I'm trying to start from seed.

Neener that is adorable. I love ferns ^_^
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

October 16, 2011
10:55 AM

Post #8851085

Neener,
We have lots of that growing down here. Let it dry up...you'll think its dead then start spraying it again and it will come back to life..hence 'resurrection fern"
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 16, 2011
11:05 AM

Post #8851106

Is this the same Resurrection Fern that I see listed in the newspaper with the coupons? I've been tempted to order one for Dad along with the Prayer Plant. Kind of going for a Christian theme for him.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 16, 2011
11:35 AM

Post #8851143

Question to you all who have tropicals. I want to increase the humidity where most of my tropicals are and I was wondering if a typical, nonplant, humidifier would work? It would be strictly where these plants would be.
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

October 16, 2011
11:55 AM

Post #8851170

Ang,
Don't order any, I can send you both if you want.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 16, 2011
1:28 PM

Post #8851309

That's what I thought Paula. It made the trip home fine, but this morning was looking a little peaked so I did mist it, but I'm thinking that with humidity issues here this winter I should put it in a terrarium to keep it going.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 16, 2011
1:47 PM

Post #8851332

If anyone is interested in the 'Pumpkin on a Stick' seeds please dmail me as I have germination ^_^
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 16, 2011
2:45 PM

Post #8851425

Ang I would think a humidifier would work great. If you are going to buy one I would get a cool mist one. Here is a picture I just took from my Wild Poinsettia.

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 16, 2011
2:49 PM

Post #8851432

Dmail me if you would like any seeds I have. I have these seeds Wild Poinsettia, Coral Bean, Fushia and Pink 4 O'clock's. I have a few Burgundy Castor Bean. Trades are welcome lol

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 16, 2011
6:48 PM

Post #8851701

WOW ... thanks Fruity. A Polly pup... I like that! I am thinking it is a tropical and needs to be brought inside during the winter, right? I can set it out by Polly's grave in the summer. It is mostly shade out there but if it needs real sun, I can set it in a different spot at the other end that gets sum. TY, TY, TY!!!! Patti's getting a Polly pup in a pot from the post office to perfectly place on Polly's permanent place. ^_^

I love craft fairs but don't hear about them around here until after they are over! And there aren't that many of them anyway.

Oh Debra... that's too bad about the fishy!!!!

If you girls go to the other sight, there is a forum for hens and chicks. I got a whole bunch of them for postage. Check with fineliners. I think she is the one that directed me to "Karen".

LOL@happ. U are a hoot. I had to continue the embellishment as you can see.

I would love to have those resurection ferns also if you can GA.

Ang...I use my large portable humidifier in the room where I keep my plants in the
wintertime.

Sandy, I would like a few seeds of the Wild Poinsettia's
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 16, 2011
6:57 PM

Post #8851722

Wow I just read my post...Fushia and Pink??? Isn't that the same?? I meant Fuchsia and Yellow 4 O'clock's seeds. Dmail me your addy Crit.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 16, 2011
7:03 PM

Post #8851731

Crit - other sight?!?!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 16, 2011
7:09 PM

Post #8851737

u have dmail
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 16, 2011
7:22 PM

Post #8851757

Treat the pup as a houseplant, Patti. And don't over love yours like I did mine last Winter. Water sparingly or she'll just shrink into nothingness. I brought my Amaryllis planters in today that had been sunning on our upstairs deck and think one's a goner from our recent rains combined with poor drainage in that one planter. Chalk that up to a lesson learned.

What a great find, Neener, even if you did get ragged about picking up a living log.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 16, 2011
7:30 PM

Post #8851769

Hey FOTV, what is Polly?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 16, 2011
8:12 PM

Post #8851834

She's an Alocasia, Ang, grown from a bulb. I've seen plants in big box stores with a tag for her that just says 'African Mask'. The leaves are on the smallish side compared to a lot of other elephant ears:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/53992/

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 16, 2011
10:10 PM

Post #8851952

golly that is a cool looking fern thing.
I use a humidifier, I got it at my sisters garage sale for 5 bucks. it seems to keep everything happy.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 16, 2011
10:49 PM

Post #8851971

Paula thank you for the offer but I'll pass on the fern and the prayer plant. I'm afraid I got myself into big big trouble.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 16, 2011
11:25 PM

Post #8851986

ut oh Ang, wats up?
no more angels around the pear tree..

Thumbnail by joeswife

tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 16, 2011
11:31 PM

Post #8851992

Nothing serious, just ended up making a big booboo. My memory is getting awful these days (medical.) I'm going to pay (literally) for not writing things down.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 16, 2011
11:45 PM

Post #8851994

ut ohh, well, don't feel lonely in that situation, I sure have made some wrong decisions to spend money on stuff, (home repairs) at the wrong time of the year.
I announce to all the kids that I didn't want gifts this year, that i wanted service instead. painting inside and out, deep cleaning all rooms, and shanpooing the carpet were some of my gift list service wants, so maybe they will get the hint.
I told them I was only getting them one thing, and they had a choice of a hundred dollar bill, or their wish list for the " One Thing" I am going to get them. no more going crazy because I think my kids wil be dissapointed if santa doesn't come. ( they are all grown and moved out , no spouses or even dateing, and still flock over here to see us on weekends.) I dunno, but I think I may be still paying on last christmas sheesh! and Oh, I forgot to pay the AT&t bill and Joe handed me a letter. well, anyway, they are paid, and I am going to make 100.00 last until the 25th.
I hate Money, and that is my perrogative LOL

should I save this one? Jewel weed.

Thumbnail by joeswife

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

October 17, 2011
5:51 AM

Post #8852187

Do not save, joeswife. If it is like mine it will come back from seed. Or you can collect seed.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2011
6:14 AM

Post #8852207

Holy c**p... they just dropped our low Wednesday night from 39 to 33*. UGH! I am NOT ready to bring the plants in! Don't have the room ready AT ALL. Have less space than last year because we had to bring the saddle stands into that room so we could fill the barn with hay for the winter. Have some big decisions to make on what to bring in and what to let die. I just hate leaving something out to die. Guess that just make my decision of whether to bring in my big beautiful coleus or just to take cuttings from them. Oh dear, oh dear...what to do...
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

October 17, 2011
9:13 AM

Post #8852491

Crit

Know what you mean - we had a scare about a week or so ago and none of my callas had even started to yellow up, nor my tuberous begonias. They are all in my spare bedrooms right now waiting to yellow enough for me to take them out of their pots. We didn't get the frost either - hoping we can continue to be spared for a while as the dahlias are finally starting to come into their own (lowsy dahlia year)
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 17, 2011
9:18 AM

Post #8852504

Oh no Crit that is awful. I need to get my hoop house covered before we get a cold front. I wish I lived near you so I could help. I would hate to decide what to keep and what not too. Although I was sick last year and had to decide I just couldn't do anything to save anything. I wanted to collect seeds today but have a migraine. I took a Zomig and hope it will pass so I atleast feel like watering.

I hate to hear some of you are having problems. I sure wish we lived closer to each other. Not only could we help but we would have a blast!!!!
This was taken Wednesday.

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

October 17, 2011
9:26 AM

Post #8852514

Sandy

We would have fun, wouldn't we?

I can just see us running around trying to get everything done with the weather whipping around us as we are all laughing our heads off at the same time... too much fun!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 17, 2011
12:00 PM

Post #8852705

Yes we would have a really good time. I can see us baking together at holidays, planting and sharing all year and helping to keep things alive in the winter. All while laughing and giggling.

I really have a bad memory and the dr thinks it is from the ECT. The test Medicare won't cover. It really bothers me when I totally draw a blank on something that is important. Please send me a reminder with your address on what seeds you wanted. I have tried to search our threads but they are long. I don't want to miss anyone. :)

Blessings,
Sandy
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

October 17, 2011
4:21 PM

Post #8853150

Sandy

I love to cook and bake too. We would have a blast -

I have a cruddy memory too - Like I told DH - as long as I can find my way home, I should be ok...
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2011
4:43 PM

Post #8853168

We could have our own DG Retirement Home. Now wouldn't that be a hoot?! Somebody could teach me how to sew and up my poor baking skills, and who knows what else we could share with each other besides tons of fun.

Dipping temps are a good reminder for the few remaining folks who haven't mailed yet to please do so as soon as possible. Our low Sunday night is supposed to be 38, just one crazy low with moderate temps the rest of next week, or so they say.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

October 17, 2011
6:00 PM

Post #8853305

How do you find out about roundups?
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 17, 2011
6:09 PM

Post #8853319

A DG Retirement home would be awesome and a real hoot. Retirement home for Antique Garderners.

I hate it the most when I have done something and can not remember doing it. I draw a complete blank on the whole thing. It is like a black hole. I understand forgetting things but like buying something on Ebay and totally forgetting paying for it. I don't remember even going to paypal. Is that what you mean?? It is scarey. It is like a Black hole not remembering any details. Although I am doing great depression wise and would not go back and not have the treatments but it is scarey not to grasp even one detail of info. Oh well I try not to think about it.

Don't forget to send me a dmail for seeds so I can get them out to you :)
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 17, 2011
6:37 PM

Post #8853355

My memory has gotten bad lately but I have fallen in love with windows 7's sticky note program. I love stickies. It's more helpful than trade tracker because it's on my desk top.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2011
6:40 PM

Post #8853356

That sounds very scary, Sandy. Sorta like a friend of mine who was in a coma for two days and one of the effects was she totally lost her short-term memory and her condition eventually ended up costing her job.

RU's are found under "Community" and then "Discussion Groups". Scroll down on the right-hand side to "Dave's Garden Community" to find the forum, or you can simply bookmark the page below, Crystal. It would be awesome if you and any others can attend our next SW Central VA RU that will be held one Saturday next May or June.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/roundup/all/

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 17, 2011
6:56 PM

Post #8853373

From what the dr says it won't get worse than it is but it is bad enough. There is a guy I know and every few min. it is like 50 first dates. It is not scarey to him as he really doesn't remember. He was in a bad car wreck and damaged his brain where his short term memory is. Bless his heart he is only in his mid 20's. I really feel for your friend losing her job. I bet it devastated her.

hugs,
Sandy

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 17, 2011
9:05 PM

Post #8853499

Sandy, I will dmail you.
Glad I have most everything in, it is getting down to 31 they say tommorrow night. then back up into the mid to high 40's. ( for lows)

when ever I get together with a gardening friend, which is not often enuff, We usualy take turns showing gardening methods and techniques, and cooking skills. LOL

I just found out one of my gardening friends died and went to heaven.. Her hubby emailed me and told me to come get what ever I want out of her yard and take what ever pots I wanted. I didn't know why and when I asked him why, he told me she died and the funeral was two weeks ago sunday. I felt horrible and sad all day after that. She had melio some thig cancer, was diag'd last december and never told me. Last time we got together, she had lost a lot of weight, but she told me God was taking good care of her. Her hubby told me she refused any treatments, and that it was an incurable cancer?
Never heard of it before.

Told my Joe I didn't like getting older, because it seems like I keep losing people these days.
Fruity, coleus cuttings putting ut tiny new growth now. All are inside safe and sound. Leaving the big patch of lime green coleus in ground since I have four tubs of it I started from cuttings.

Goldhilla, the reason I want to save that jewel weed is because it just now started blooming, and I don't have any seeds of it, and it was from a huge plant I grew last year. I still might save it, since I do have room for it.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

October 18, 2011
4:53 AM

Post #8853685

I wonder if that jewel weed would root easily. It looks so much like impatience, which is a snap. Fleshy and all.

Thanks FOV for round up info. I'd like to think I could manage a roundup some time or other.

Expecting cold weather here tonite, although hopefully not frost. I have trees which will keep any light frost at bay. I still have a lot of stuff to get in the greenhouse. I am still waiting for the crew to come change the cover on the greenhouse. Can't do it in rain or when wind blows. The plastic just becomes a sail in the gentlest breeze.
remember that huge oak that fell in my yard in early June? The man is still working on it and yesterday he sent a helper to collect the wood he had already cut up. The man killed a rattler about 3 feet long in the pile. This is the time of year for those guys to be about. I noticed he did not return after he took that snake away!! I puzzled over it all night and did not sleep well. kept thinking of things I need to do, like cut grass. I musta forgot the main defense against snakes is a lawn mower. Years ago a man told me that snakes hate lawn mowers and run away from them. Of course it is not the mower, but that fact that short grass is not a good place to hide.

Decisions! Decisions! Can't take everything in to the greenhouse.

Busy Busy
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

October 18, 2011
5:00 AM

Post #8853696

Oh Deb - I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I totally agree, it seems the older I get, the more people that I know/knew die. One that really bothered me recently was I saw in the local paper where I used to live that an old boyfriend died. That one hit close to home - I am thinking it is because it is my own generation, not my parents generation, which is hard enough.

I like the idea of the DG retirement home. I like it alot - I think we only allow DH's if they are being 'good'. Nothing wrong with a little leverage! ^^_^^
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 18, 2011
7:23 AM

Post #8853881

WOW... so sorry for people with memory loss. That must be very difficult. I get the "black hole affect" every now and then, but just because I can't remember something. Later it hits me like a ton of bricks...usually.

I love the idea of a Antique Gardeners home. We could call it the Antique Rose's. lol

We are suppose to get down to 33* Wed night/Thur a.m. I have several things I need to bring in or cover as the lows go back to the upper 40's after that. Maybe I will gather the tender ones all together and cover them today and tomorrow. I don't have my garden room even a little bit ready

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 18, 2011
11:22 AM

Post #8854142

Can I sign on for that retirement home? Sounds like a wonderful place!
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

October 18, 2011
11:24 AM

Post #8854146

C'mon Carey. The more the merrier!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 18, 2011
4:43 PM

Post #8854538

I'm in. The sooner the better. :)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 18, 2011
6:40 PM

Post #8854683

Hi all. I know I have not been around much to chat.. I have been busy with the mini-garden swap.. And getting ate alive by every insect here on the pond,,,sigh.

I did find a local place to re-home my plants for this year. So I do not have to mail them out to folks..whew,, I was overwhelmed by it all. I do however still have a verigated Borgavilla for Amanda that I need to send before the frosts hit here. That is if you still want it girl!! I do appreciate all the folks that offered to help me and sorry I did not get with you sooner concerning all this.

On to other things. The kids came to visit and built two tiny gardens in the yard. So here is a link to the pictures I posted in the tiny garden forum. Also Gryphon has signed up for Horticultural Classes and he will also be joining DG this year. He is now 13 and will be looking to all of you for help as he takes his classes...;o)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1226166/#new

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

October 18, 2011
8:50 PM

Post #8854855

O my goodness Elfie I had forgotten about the B-villa - when Ralph bought you a truckload of plants for $40? :D

If it doesn't cost too much to ship I would still love to have it - just to see how long I can keep this one alive.

Send me dmail when you think you're ready. Glad you found local homes for everybody else. Thanks girlie.

It's exciting news that Gryphon is learning about more about plants. You must be a proud gramma. Loveya!

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 18, 2011
8:53 PM

Post #8854860

How exciting Elfie! Someone so close to you interested in gardening! :)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 18, 2011
10:39 PM

Post #8854916

Good to hear from you, Elfie, and I am so excited for you to know your Granson is going to be Gardening with ya. ;D

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2011
10:24 AM

Post #8855551

hi ya! yippers! have i beez mia? jist wishing fer more hours in the day! playing catch me up here...

Dear Buddy! your box has not gone out yet, sorry! hopefully it can go early next week!!!!! please forgive me!

Way back yonder, sumbodies said use windex w/ammonia on them pesky gnats/flies (watever they be). Thank you, it really works!!!!

kin i hav some of those yellow 4'clocks seeds...fer postage?

I too have jist discovered the hens/chicks!!! am luving them! if anyone has some to share, will gladly pay fer adoption/postage or straight out purchase.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 19, 2011
10:37 AM

Post #8855594

I hope my buddy's plants are doing well. She hasn't posted about them yet. I'll replace them if they aren't.

Elfie I love the creepy container!! I'm still planning my first minigarden. I want to do a beach theme and use blue spruce sedum for water. There is a house by my son's school that has some that has creeped to the cement and I've been so tempted to take some but I don't know if it's a good idea.

It's getting colder at night here but it's getting warm during the day. My plants are so confused but my bay is doing beautifully.

Doing minor work today. I'm trimming and repotting Dad's hoya today. The soil is so bad, zero drainage and there is a mushroom growing in the center. The gal is in quarentine right now. The cats keep alerting me to some straight "critter" on my dresser (the hoya) and refused to sleep in the room with me last night.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2011
4:04 PM

Post #8856158

That is so neat elfie!!!! Does that mean we have to 'be good' when he is on the threads???? lol

Glad the windex ammonia worked for you girl! It has always done a good job for me.

S'pose to get to 33* tonight and I haven't brought anything in!!! Need to go get some cuttings from my coleus and bring the others under the roof and throw a blankie over them. I hate this time of year! Too early to bring them in but too cool at night. UGH!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 19, 2011
4:27 PM

Post #8856199

Ang,, we are winding down on our first ever mini-container swap. It has been a learning experience for sure.

crit,, now you know 13 year old boys talk much more smack than we do...lol

I have filled up the bathroom and every other flat surface with plants,,,sigh,, there is no room left for us now!!

I am becoming addicted to hens and chicks too,, they take up so little space...lol
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 20, 2011
6:14 AM

Post #8856846

I didn't get anything brought in. I covered the tenders and pushed all the others together to maybe let them keep each other 'warm'. I went out a while ago and nothing looks any worse for wear, hopefully they stay that way. Going to be back in the 80's the first of the week and the lows will be in the high 40's and low 50's.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 20, 2011
8:50 PM

Post #8857718

Just hanging around. I went to a friends house yesterday that goes to the center with me. She was diagnosised just a few weeks short of a year with Cancer in her liver. She had breast cancer in 2003 and it is now in her liver. She is a very sweet person. She had a pet scan about 4 months ago and the tumor had shrunk to 1/6 of the size it was. She recently had another one and it looked good but what ever count they take is rising so they have changed her chemo and she is back to once a week. Bless her heart. We had such a great time. We went to a resale shop, Hancocks Fabrics, a $1.09 store and then we went to Olive Garden and had all you can eat Soup, Salad and Bread sticks. My treat. I then drove her car to Hobby Lobby and then back to her house to spend the night. We laughed like 2 teenagers and over such silly things. She hung in there but really gets really tired out. When we got back to her house and her GrandPug Piggy she had already shaved her head a few days before and had a really raw spot from cutting it with the razor. I shaved her head using hair conditioner instead of shave cream.

This is all taking a tole on her. It was my idea to go over and spend the night and she loved it. We really had a great time. She has tons of plants. She has a huge Desert Rose she got from Walmart a few months ago she said and I was so very jealous. It had to be 7 or 8 inches in diameter. She said she paid 14 dollars for it. I brought her laptop home for Brian to do some work on for her so she could use it. I told her next time maybe next week I will spend the weekend and we don't have to do everything in 1 day.

One of the ladies I have been going with for a long time who was 82 a few weeks ago was not expected to live. She had COPD. I have not heard anything but did send her several cards I made and a big Purple "Bling" ring that they had said she snatched it from their hand and would not take it off. She was going into a nursing home but not sure where. They don't tell us anything unless they slip because of the stinking privacy laws. Miss Norma would say I was her best friend and she would kiss my hand and hold it to her cheek. I miss her. She has carved a tattoo of herself and our friendship on my heart. Now Chris is. Boy love can hurt. But ohhhhhh does it feel good also.

Ok been having a rough time working on things with my therapist and now this. Oh well got to work through the bad to get to a better place.

My DS surprised me with a beautiful Mother of Pearl Bracelet today. I must be doing something right:
Oh and my dr said when they place the electrodes on the front sides of the brain for the ECT treatments that that is the working memory. He said that is why I am having the problems I am. It is a side effect of having Shock treatments. He told me to try some word finds and Sudoku to possibly help strengthen it. It is bothersome but sooooo much better than the black hole I must have been in. The treatments have given me a life and a chance to make memories with my DS and DGDs. They sure keep me laughing.

Hope you ladies have a good Friday and a Great Weekend!!!

Hugs to all of you.
Sandy

Cape Honeysuckle

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2011
5:59 AM

Post #8857953

Sandy ... prayers sent up and continuing for you and your friends!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 21, 2011
11:20 AM

Post #8858255

Thanks Crit I knew you all would pray for them and their families. :)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2011
6:26 PM

Post #8858702

You're such a good hearted person, Sandy. Love and hugs to you and your friends.

Finally finished bringing in the tenders this afternoon, just in time if the weather folks are right. One local channel says there's a chance of frost tonight and another says our low will be 39. I'll believe Frost when I see it, although it wouldn't be unusual in our higher elevations, and some of the ski lodges have already had a skiff of snow. Last year our first freeze wasn't til mid-November. Hubby and I are hitting yard sales in the morning. If they're as good as they've been in past years, we won't care if we make it to the old timey days festival at one of our local college campuses. You know the one I'm talking about, Jax :)

This message was edited Oct 22, 2011 4:49 PM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2011
6:30 PM

Post #8858710

These folks are patiently waiting to receive:

careyana / Carey
dispatcher1 / Lou
FruitOfTheVine / Susan
happgarden / Joyce (Your plants are on their way.)
Tina_A / Tina

With temps going downhill, please get your Buddy's plants in the mail ASAP if you haven't already done so.

I'd like to wrap this one up soon and concentrate on our Christmas Swap. If you're not already there, come on over:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1226690/

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2011
7:16 AM

Post #8859045

hey fruity...the memories ya bring to mind!!! yes...note ta self...mail box this week!!!!!!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 22, 2011
8:06 AM

Post #8859089

http://www.facebook.com/TwoGreenThumbs

Please go to this link and like taters55 / LK / Linda Cartwrights entry!!!

Huggs
Elfie
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

October 22, 2011
8:58 AM

Post #8859160

Elfie -

Love it. That Mini Halloween fair would be so much fun.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 22, 2011
8:03 PM

Post #8859728

Our temperatures here have cooled off quite a bit too. We're only in the 80s for highs! Supposed to get a cold blast mid week...forecasting nights in the low 40s and highs in the low 70s. Yikes! Fall looks to be short-lived this year! :/
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2011
5:52 PM

Post #8860785

80's must feel like a breath of fresh air compared to your awful summer temps. Are you scrambling like a bunch of us to bring your tenders in?

Colors of our leaves are at their peak and look spectacular against a clear blue sky. I ought to take a pic but don't think about it til the Sun is going down and by then the light is too low.

Jax, Yard sales on the trail were pretty good, just not as many as we would have like to have seen. In past years, you could hardly go by a cluster of houses and not be tempted to stop.

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 23, 2011
6:54 PM

Post #8860876

I love yard sales and really really miss my truck. I don't know when anyone will have time to take me. Now I have roof problems. It has a small leak but when someone got on it the other day they suck because it is rotten under the rubber roof. It is only 2 years old. It must have leaked since it was put on. It is a low pitch roof but I know it can be done right. Then a few min ago my dryer went out.

Here is a Grub Worm I found in my compost today. I have it on the forum for that.

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 23, 2011
6:55 PM

Post #8860878

Another with him rolled up with a quarter on him. He is Giant...

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 23, 2011
6:57 PM

Post #8860881

Myrtle was in the garage yesterday. What a cutie

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 23, 2011
9:30 PM

Post #8861020

Fruity, we're liking the 70s even better! We're starting to think about bringing in the tropicals. For some reason, my stapelia got a funky mold thing on it right before the rain. Not sure what it is or what caused it? I thought maybe sunburn, but I hadn't moved it but a couple of feet?

Since I captured all the rainwater, that's what I've been using on my containers. Holy wowee! I seriously need to rig up something permanent. Everything looks ten times better after a good rainshower and the consequent watering they've been getting.

Sandy, that is probably the biggest grub I've ever seen. June bug? Do y'all get those huge orange/brown waspy things?
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 23, 2011
9:44 PM

Post #8861026

Yep Carey it is a TEXAS Grubworm. It is so big we could slap a saddle on it.!! ;)
I am not sure yet what it is. I had it in the insect id forum.

Going to bed I a seapy baby...lol

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 24, 2011
5:34 AM

Post #8861210

morning, glad to know a all got some beneficial rain down there.

I have those grubs that size in my huge compost pile. I send them to my son for fish bait after collecting a can full. they turn into these brown crysalis looking things cuz we kept one to see what it would do, and when I went to dump it that is what came out. those are good fish bait too!

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 24, 2011
1:34 PM

Post #8861867

careyana blow some of the rain next time this way too. It all moved to the northeast and missed us. :( But the mosquitoes are horrible. I wish they would stop before I have anemia.

The verdict looks like a HUGE Junebug grubworm. Wow I do hope my compost works as well on plants as it did him :) I bet not...unless it is something like bugs or weeds lol

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 24, 2011
2:51 PM

Post #8861951

Sandy, if we see any more rain I will be happy to try to truck some to you. I keep asking my parents in the soggy northeast to set up a funnel and straws to get some of their rain to us.

Holy moly. Just looked at our forecast. Small chance of rain Wednesday night..with a high of 66 on Thursday. It got to 90 today!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 24, 2011
3:28 PM

Post #8861998

Yep the weather just said we were 8-10 degrees above normal. Cool send a fleet or convoy of trucks full of water but if I can ask they be mosquito egg free. lol

I took some pictures of my yard to show you all. This is the braided hibiscus I got for 12 dollars a couple months ago.

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 24, 2011
3:29 PM

Post #8862000

My back yard

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 24, 2011
3:30 PM

Post #8862002

Another shot

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 24, 2011
3:33 PM

Post #8862007

Standing in garage Left side of driveway

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 24, 2011
3:34 PM

Post #8862009

Right side of driveway

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 24, 2011
3:37 PM

Post #8862015

Standing at the end of driveway looking to left

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 24, 2011
3:38 PM

Post #8862016

Standing at the end of driveway looking to right

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 24, 2011
3:39 PM

Post #8862018

You saw the hoop house and this is the other end and inside

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 24, 2011
3:40 PM

Post #8862019

One of today's sky Gorgeous

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 24, 2011
3:50 PM

Post #8862029

One more

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 24, 2011
3:55 PM

Post #8862032

Last one I promise for atleast now *;)*

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 24, 2011
4:23 PM

Post #8862065

Sandi, it's amazing how well your plants look after the drought down your way. Thanks for taking us on your tour, dearie, and letting us see those beautiful sky pics too.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 24, 2011
5:28 PM

Post #8862162

I hope everyone starts getting the temperatures they want. I would like to see more overcast skies right now. I'd like my house to be so much cooler so I can finally get some cleaning done.

I went through a load of family photos I received after my Grandpa died and found a photo of Bing Crosby from 1942. I thought that was neat!

Here is a photo of my caged "medusae" T :D

Thumbnail by tikipod

Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 24, 2011
6:06 PM

Post #8862237

I'm packing plants up tonight and definitely mailing tomorrow. My arm is finally feeling better. The skin is growing back, but it will take some time before the wound is completely covered again. My doctor has taken me off the aspirin now that the blood clot has dissolved. Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. Tina

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 24, 2011
6:26 PM

Post #8862262

Sandy, you have so much greenery! So jealous. Even after the rains a couple weeks ago, things are already turning brown again. :(

Glad to see you're doing better Tina!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 24, 2011
7:28 PM

Post #8862364

I have really been blessed as our city has 3 huge wells and we have not had any restrictions. I am lucky my water bill has only been around 70 dollars with sewerage and garbage. I have lost quite a few things but I think more because with the drought the humidity has been low and the sun possibly more hotter. One thing I learned yrs ago is absolutely nothing can stand full sun all day here in Zone 9b.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 24, 2011
9:38 PM

Post #8862498

i loved your garden tour, sandy.

tina, i hope you stay on the road to recovery!
Ang, that T looks happy.. whats your secret?
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 24, 2011
11:38 PM

Post #8862548

Apparently the T Survival secret for my home is to put it by a bright window and forget about it. lol.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 25, 2011
2:07 PM

Post #8863378

Wow I have gotten way behind on this forum, I gotta go back up and look, but first you guys aren not going to believe this! I got the greatest box from Paula in Georgia, and I am guessing it is GAgirl1066 / Paula. It was packed to the hilt with I think everything I have every wanted! Everything arrived in great shape. Gosh don't know where to begin.
string of pearls
string of bananas
varigated ginger
rabbit foot fern
begiona
perilla
vailla orchid
jewel orchid
justicia (orange)
alternanthera
ficus
canna pretoria
bromeliad
2 plants I can't remember the name - geez!
the tall varigated one
and a thorny one in bloom in the back, I am just blank and can't think of it.
Everything arrived in amazing shape and are all soaking of some water. OMG I just can't believe how great this box is!
Wow is all I can say!

Thumbnail by happgarden

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 25, 2011
3:12 PM

Post #8863459

Beautiful box!!!! I love all the colors! If they could survive that way, I'd almost suggest leaving them that way Happ! Great box Paula!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 25, 2011
5:06 PM

Post #8863591

LOL...now you know who asked about sending you a String of Bananas! Seriously though, what am amazing new collection of plants you've got there, happ. Wonder if the tall variegated one is possibly a Dracena? You know how awful I am at guessing and am sure Paula will clue us in about it and the other one you got that's blooming.

Thank you for another fabulous job, Paula!

Looking good, Ang. Had I known you wanted or needed a cage, I would have sent you a metal double wine bottle holder that went to Goodwill.

tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 25, 2011
5:53 PM

Post #8863672

Heh I didn't know I wanted one until I saw the wrought iron collection they have for sale at a local store. They have wrought iron bird cages and glassless greenhouses for outdoor plants.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 25, 2011
6:02 PM

Post #8863686

I'll keep an eye out for you, Ang.

I'd like to have a few glass Cloches to cover terrariums but haven't had any luck finding them locally. Some I've seen on the web are SO expensive.

tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 25, 2011
6:50 PM

Post #8863751

They have some glass jars that are sort of like that a few aisles away from the wrought iron stuff. They are for plants and making decorative terrariums with. I don't have the heart to spend that much money for something my cats would probably knock over lol.

I love the wrought iron collection though. Not as "delicate" as the glass stuff.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 25, 2011
7:04 PM

Post #8863776

You all are so welcome. I noticed today my night blooming Jasmine is going to bloom soon. It cam back from freezing to the ground 2 different years. I would love to find a petite white hibiscus I had. I found it on the web but the shipping is as much as the plant. Guess it depends on how bad I want it. Maybe in the spring so I don't have to keep it alive all winter.

What a wonderful box Happ. Great job Paula!!

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

October 25, 2011
7:23 PM

Post #8863801

I had mealy bugs on 2 Streptocarpus and sprayed them with the windex. It killed them. I should have guessed what would happen though, as I have had some damage in the past just spraying dish liquid diluted with water.It is probably just the Streps. Probably would have worked on other things. Streps are hairy and maybe held the chemicals/soap too long. Maybe it is for the best they are gone. I have never been able to rid a strep of mealy bugs. And unless I clean them every week, it eventually spreads to other plants. I am sorry to loose my 'Gator Tail" strep though. Don't suppose anyone has one they would like to trade?
Got my greenhouse recovered Monday. So glad. Steve Thomas from Green Hill Nursery which is nearby me came over with 2 helpers and took the 3 old layers of plastic off and put a double one on. I have the blower on again too so I am inflating the cover and hope I can have some lower gas bills than last year. Still have some things to get in, but we are back in the 80's for daytime.
Pecans are already falling. It seems early to me but I picked up about 4 gallons Sunday afternoon. There have not been any to speak of on my family's farm for several years. No one looks after them anymore... Makes me sad.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 25, 2011
8:05 PM

Post #8863850

I have a few questions about Windex:
1. Can I dilute it a little? I don't use it but my Dad has a small amount.
2. Can I spray the plants? Will it hurt them? Should I rinse?

I haven't seen the mealy bugs lately but I'm seeing either gnats or male mealy bugs flying around. I would like to end them.

BTW, I noticed something interesting at HD and Lowes today. They are trying to get rid of the remaining succulents so I was browsing the slim pickings to pass some time. I noticed all these little succulent leaves and pieces in the display trays! I felt so bad for all those potential plants that I bought a couple plants and stuffed those pieces in with them. The HD lady seems to encourage it as it means there is less for her to have to pick up. :) I wound up with 10 different pieces.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

October 26, 2011
5:21 AM

Post #8864146

I think you could dilute, but I suspect that dish liquid diluted with ample water will work just as well (and cheaper). I have used this for a long time. I spray, wait awhile, then rinse.
My experience with the windex is probably more of a cautionary tale saying do not use on Streps than a blanket do not use, but I still prefer dish liquid .

Ck my previous post to make sense of this.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 26, 2011
6:21 AM

Post #8864216

Carey, I have really gotten into grouping my plants this year. I had all these single plants sitting around and I think they really make a bigger impact when they are grouped, but don't think it will work with all the stuff I got, some of it I am surely going to group. I am so excited about the varigated ginger and if it is anything like my peach and white ginger it can fill up a huge pot, least I hope so.

Can you guys see the small dark plant in the front, on the right? it is just major cool,, it is a jewel orchid. I haven't had time to look up everything yet, but the leaves on that are amazing. I am just tickled pink with everything I got and it arrived in such good shape. So everything is resting and got a drink, so to night I will have some major planting and planning going on.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 26, 2011
2:49 PM

Post #8864801

The only damage I've seen so far using Windex was to a few fronds on my Rabbit's Foot fern, not that it was infested. It is new and thought I was preventing possible spread from a nearby dish garden of succulents which are / were infested, depending on which day I look at them. Darn things pop up at will. When I realized some of the fronds were burned I just dunked the plant under the tap and rinsed gently for a couple of minutes and set it away from the window. That's the plant I really want a cloche for. There's probably a big jar or vase somewhere in my floral stash easily inverted that would work.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 26, 2011
10:37 PM

Post #8865347

okay, whats a cloche?
and.. whats a streptocarpus?
and wow what a fabulous box, Paula!

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

October 27, 2011
5:15 AM

Post #8865459

Streptocarpus are varied and nothing if not beautiful. Relatives of African violets, but preferring cooler temps. Check this out to see some variety.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/search.php?q=streptocarpus&Search=Search+PlantFiles
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2011
8:09 AM

Post #8865692

OK it's official - I love the entire Gesneriaceae family.

Cloche is a cover (occasionally bell shaped and can be made of glass) that many use to cover plants to up the humidity indoors or use outdoors to protect in early spring/late fall. Last year I used the top half of a 5 gallon water jug as one for my venus fly traps.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2011
8:12 AM

Post #8865695

Debra, a cloche is a glass jar, sometimes called a bell jar, that you use to cover a plant to provide humidity, like a terrarium.

Wanted to show you that the little geranium that you sent me is very happy. When it got here it had shed all its leaves and was two little sticks. I have it in a south facing window and was surprised to see the flowers. Thanks again,

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 27, 2011
5:44 PM

Post #8866318

You just reminded me I need to dig up the variegated Geraniums before we get blasted tomorrow night with temps down in the 30's. It's going to be a chilly rainy week-end and snow is predicted in elevations above 2000'.

These folks are patiently waiting to receive and I've updated the short list as far as I know according to whose boxes have been mailed and those that are in the process of being mailed:

careyana (your plants have been mailed)
dispatcher1
FruitOfTheVine
Tina_A (in process)

If you haven't mailed your Buddy's plants, please do so ASAP so those of us waiting to receive end up with healthy plants instead of frozen ones. If you recently mailed to your buddy and I don't have your status listed, D-mail me the delivery confirmation number you used or the day you Priority Mailed your box.

I'd really like to wrap this one up soon and concentrate on our Christmas Swap: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1226690/

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2011
9:50 PM

Post #8866547

happ I'd love to see which plants you decide to group together! I could use some help in that department. :) (And BTW, I also fell in love with the jewel orchid the first time I saw one. The blooms are small and rather insignificant, but who cares with the beautiful foliage?)

I just want to let Tina and Fruity know that I did receive my box! I've already potted up a couple of them and the rest are recuperating in some water and the warmer indoor temperatures. BRRR 40s tonight!
I'll type up a bit more tomorrow.

And wish us luck! DH had an interview this afternoon. QUITE the exciting day! He's very interested in the job and excited with the possibilities should they decide he's the best candidate. :)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 27, 2011
11:03 PM

Post #8866570

Carey, that is WONDERFUL news and prayers of hope answered. hooray!
Joy, that little guy has been growing with it little siblings since I started them from seed. Mine is just now starting to bud. I used to have a cream and green one, but lost it to the squirrels. They are used to being under my Pear tree, mixed with the brugs. I have been saving them for three years now. How are the EE's?

I have all kinds of glass containers, big ones. And clear plastic containers too. Big enough to hold about 6 goldfish, we know already. Should I send you one?

I collect flower frogs..

Thumbnail by joeswife

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 28, 2011
4:11 AM

Post #8866632

I collect flower frogs also Debra, how funny. I just love those things. I found one on ebay I wanted sooooo bad, but sadly I didn't have as deep pockets as they had.

Carey, fingers crossed for your DH. Hope everything works out. Debra is the one that got me onto grouping plants, she is a master of it. It sure helps with the space issue and they do look good together. The foliage on that orchid is amazing, I have learned that the blooms are everything, it is nice to have foliage that looks good because usually blooms are so short lived.

We had frost last night, my car was close to the house and was fine, but the others were covered, dang hate going to work in the dark, coming home in the dark, and being cold...rofl. Sides I am so lazy, I told fruity I am pretty sure I am solar powered.

Have a great day everyone.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 28, 2011
4:37 AM

Post #8866650

LOL!! Happ. Solar powered. I think most of us here are. I can already feel the fingers of SAD grabbing at me. My productivity is sliding and all I want to do is sit here and look out the window. Possible snow here tomorrow morning. That has to be a joke. My Mom said they are calling for 3 to 6 where she is. OY Vey!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 28, 2011
6:40 AM

Post #8866751

Sandy ... I'm gald you posted a picture of your Candelabra Bush. I have 4 that I started from seed last spring. One of them is pretty tall but hasn't put out any blooms yet. I'm glad to see what it looks like in a yard. How tall is the one you have there?

I had to cover everything that I wanted to be sure I didn't lose again last night. That is the 2nd time already and need to leave it on tonight also. I need to get the game room arranged to make it my plant room for the winter. Space is less than usual because we had to move the saddles in there.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

October 28, 2011
7:18 AM

Post #8866811

Crit the Candelabra Bush is almost 5 ft tall. I really love it and wow the seeds it is setting. I am so happy to have one again and I don't know how it got there except it was a seed either a bird dropped or from one I had in that area yrs ago (atleast 8 years) I heard they have almost 100% germination rate :) looks like I will have more next year.

Hope everyone has a great day!

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2011
8:15 PM

Post #8867595

Yup, we have gotten some fall temps now, 42 tonight but 73 tomorrow. Don't know if it was here that we were talking about Hyacinth beans, I know we were on the TX list, but I snapped a pic of my two little stragglers and hope to be able to save the beans for next year because they will look marvelous covering the arbor. Not ready for snow or freezes! Wait that is why I live here, not there. LOL

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 28, 2011
11:17 PM

Post #8867678

Joy, if you don't get beans let me know. I have a ton. purple and a white one too.
Took a walk around gathering seeds and found two plants that normal people would let go, but I just have to bring them in. One is a young triple white datura and the other is a lopeing morning glory that has HUGE leaves and roots anywhere it roams, very thick and a pretty shape, have yet to see it bloom, I kept it inside over winter last year, and I JUST have to see it bloom.
I had a candelabra plnat last year, tried to over winter it, it didn't make it. I have a pop corn senna going now in a water bottle planter, it is about 8 inches tall.

My battery runs on green... as long as I am around it, be it paper or plants, green is what keeps this bunny going..

I forgot I had a bird of paradise ( pride of barrabos) outside in the alley garden. I have to dig it up. I kept my big triple purple datura going last winter and it is like a brug tree now, and back downstairs, covered n pods.

My Mother if thousands I started from a little rolypoly ball last summer is blooming and huge. Such a weird but cool looking plant.

Fruity, Polly is popping out a point. Begonias are peeking leaf growth. Coleus cuttings are all around one of the brugs and doing fine.
Your choclate silk morning glory bloomed this am for me dowstairs, but it sure didn't like it's picture took.
I showed your the red father mornig glory from seed you sent right?
Now It is growing downstairs in the moonvine pot and together they look great .. baby woodrose might do someing now since it has company down there.

I am using a wooden fold out wine rack as a hanging trellis for them all.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 29, 2011
6:10 PM

Post #8868531

Thanks for the update, Carey, that you received your plants from Tina. Sure do hope your hubby gets the job. It sounds like both of you are excited about the possibility :)

Naaa, Debra, if I don't have a large enough glass vase or bowl, I can move the Rabbit's Foot from its other Fern friends in the same pot and grow it by itself with a smaller cover. I'm tickled the plants I sent you are doing so well. Polly Popping out a Point...lol There we go again with the p's.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 29, 2011
8:31 PM

Post #8868645

Debra I would love the white and the purple. Mine is called Ruby Moon, sort of wine colored, pods are really deep burgandy. They are such lovely flowers, shame they don't smell then they would have everything!!!!.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 30, 2011
2:46 PM

Post #8869470

Happy Birthday, catzgalore! We've missed you, Steph. Please check in when you get a minute and let us know you're OK.

catzgalore

catzgalore
Burleson, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 30, 2011
3:36 PM

Post #8869519

Just getting on, haven't checked in for a few days. Thank you for the link to the thread FOTV :) I lost y'all a long time back. Thank you for the birthday wishes as well.

I did receive my box a while back and I apologize for not posting any pics. Thank you so much for everything you sent Angie :) It is all so lovely and doing great. Really loving the lavender!! It's very happy with our cooling weather here.

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2011
3:36 PM

Post #8869522

rvnsbrk, did you get snow, hope you haven't lost power, I just heard horrible things about power outages!
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 30, 2011
3:46 PM

Post #8869538

Steph, I plan to visit two Lavender farms in Spring so let me know if you'd like any more. One place sells them in packs rather than single pots so I can send you the extras :D
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 31, 2011
4:36 AM

Post #8870030

Happ we got snow for sure. Got really lucky and didn't lose the power at all. It started out hanging on the leaves in the trees, but aafter a certain point it just slid off and everything was OK. Ground was so warm and wet that we only ended up with about 2 inches because it compressed and melted as it came down. It's weird looking out the window at leaves on the trees and snow on the ground. Surreal.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 31, 2011
8:06 AM

Post #8870295

Wow, glad you were all safe and warm in your house, best place to view snow...rofl, unless you are lucky enough to live where their are ski resorts...LOL
I use to live in Colorado Springs and did a lot of great skiing there, here you just get cold...rofl.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 31, 2011
11:29 AM

Post #8870582

Tina sent me the following:

El Paio EE
Aloe Vera
2 Jade Tree cuttings (I'm so glad for these since the tree rats ran off with my other one!)
NOID Philo
NOID Arrowhead
Curly Hoya (hindu rope)
Polly Alocasia
Green Philo
Butterfly Arrowhead
Orchid

They are all doing really well and survived the trip no problem! My front window is going to be beautiful this year. :)

fixed a typo!

This message was edited Oct 31, 2011 3:47 PM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 31, 2011
6:51 PM

Post #8871136

Don't look, Patti. Carey got a Polly...lol

Thank you, Tina, for another great job. Never heard of El Paio EE and will look that one up.

Is there any news yet about your hubby's interview, Carey? Fingers crossed.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 31, 2011
8:57 PM

Post #8871323

Thanks Fruity! He's hoping to be called in for a second interview this week. The company is just starting to expand so they're a little haphazard in communications.

Oh, and I think the EE that Tina sent is this one:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/96282/ Elepaio How cool!

This message was edited Oct 31, 2011 10:02 PM
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 1, 2011
7:57 PM

Post #8872694

My Miss Norma passed away yesterday. I will severely miss her. She told me she use to grow Grandpaws whiskers...we know as Cleome. I would love to find some seeds if anyone has any. What a Wonderful Woman!!!

Chris and I had fun a Chris's this weekend. We went to Houston Garden Center Sunday. I got a pink Spicy Jatropha and a Clivia both for 13 dollars. I wish I could have gotten more but would not be room on the van coming home monday. There is always next time. Chris did give me about 20 White Spider Lilies that outgrew there place in her yard. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/33058/ Some of them are huge. Tomorrow evening I will be playing in the yard. :)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

November 1, 2011
8:37 PM

Post #8872754

OH ,SANDY SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.

I will send you the cleomes with your other seeds. you saved me some of the ones you posted earlier , right?
Careyanna, you sure got a load of great plants! I have an ElPaieo somewhere , dormant.. a long with a stingray. hope they pop up since they are inside now..

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

November 2, 2011
4:22 AM

Post #8872977

Sandy - where did you post the photo of your candlabra bush? Is that a cassia? I have one in my yard I grew from seed I think I am going to have to dig up and bring in. :/

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 2, 2011
4:22 AM

Post #8872978

Oh Sandy - I am so sorry...

Please know you are in my prayers.

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 2, 2011
6:41 AM

Post #8873100

Here is one showing the bloom and developing seed pods

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

November 2, 2011
6:59 AM

Post #8873116

Yep, that looks like the same plant. Not thrilled about the project, but considering how long it's taken for the plant to get to this size in my zone (?!) I'm not sure I will get to see it bloom if I grow it from seed again next year!

Sending you dmail to discuss this crazy plant. If anyone else has grown it and has ideas about potting it up for the winter, please dmail me!!! I have posted this on a hundred threads. Another DGr from TX said since it's so drought resistant it's likely to have "handsome" roots. :/

A.

p.s. this is not OT. If I dig it up it will become a houseplant. :D

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

November 2, 2011
8:06 PM

Post #8873952

What is OT?

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

November 2, 2011
8:30 PM

Post #8873982

off topic+OT I had one all last summer and into winter, it did fine in side the house and as soon as it went outside it croaked ( too cold and wet) They need ANTS to walk all over them and the bloom nodes, I can't remember why.. I had a few ants on it all winter, and even a few lady bugs.. it being so cold early on and wet, I think that is what did it in.
I push the Zones on making things grow all year around, tho.. /;

Thumbnail by joeswife

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 3, 2011
8:48 AM

Post #8874683

Amanda I think I would dmail some of the DGers that say they have plants and see if you could trade something for a couple of them. I read on the net they are a short lived plant. I really can't remember but it seems like once it blooms it may die. I really wish I could remember. The plant files says you can divide the root ball but I am not sure what that exactly means unless it has growth coming out of it?? Anyone else know?

I sure need to get my rear in gear and get some things done. I had a bad headache yesterday and I am really tired today but got so much to do. It seems like when I have so much to do I don't have any energy. This weekend at Chris' house I dug up about 20 huge Spider lilies and now have to do something with them. I think that is why I am so tired. She had this huge 8' x 4' 2 ft off the ground flower bed. It had atleast a foot of dirt and it was falling apart. The bottom was an 8' x 4' 3/4" plywood and wood and lattice all around to hold the dirt. There was a tree stump holding the middle and and 2x4 on the corners. I had to get all the dirt off to get the plywood out. The one end had broke from the weight of all the spider lilies and all the side wood had rotted. It was a huge job but she was happy it was done. I think that is why I am so tired. But my work must go on.
Took my allergy meds and going outside in a few min. I will check back in later.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

November 3, 2011
6:42 PM

Post #8875410

It's supposed to FREEZE here tonight!!! Just a month ago it was still unbearable outside. Unbelievable!

Since it'll be a light freeze here, I left most of my hardier tropicals outside.

DH got an email from a recruiter that had him very excited. Of course, the guy had already left for the day when DH tried to call him, but he'll try again in the morning!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2011
7:37 PM

Post #8875514

We've been invaded by ants that didn't show up til we started burning wood last week. They must have found a cozy home in the wood pile. Hubby got out the Home Defense spray again today before he went hunting and sprayed the heck out of the stash we have outside and the few pieces we have inside.

Ants love sweet sap and have noticed them on Peony buds in the Spring. ***knock on wood *** I haven't seen mealy bugs on the plants I've brought in, but ants are a sure fire sign if any are around.

This message was edited Nov 3, 2011 9:39 PM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 4, 2011
10:04 AM

Post #8876261

I love the candelabra bush, but mine is only about 3' tall. The other 3 are under 2' tall. Maybe if it doesn't bloom it will live longer? I was only going to bring in the big one, but I may bring in the others too.

Are mealy bugs ant pupea? (sp?) If not, how are they related?
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 4, 2011
10:25 AM

Post #8876294

I believe mealy bugs are related to aphids.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

November 4, 2011
10:58 AM

Post #8876322

Sure wish I had a good systemic to get them guys. Fruity I never realized the ants and mealy bug thing...hummm. I had ants one time on a hibiscus and it had those hard shelled bugs can't think of the name of those, finally got rid of them.

Carey, fingers crossed for you all. I had always thought in the back of my mind if I lost this job, I would just get a part-time job at wally world for health insurance, then they go and announce the other day, they are going to stop offering insurance to part-time people, which is about all they employ...so hope I don't lose this job. I think there would be alot of jobs open up if alot of us could figure out what to do for insurance.

We were in the 80's Tuesday then hard frost last night...LOL Suppose to warm up pretty good this weekend. Sure wish I was a snow bird...
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 4, 2011
11:41 AM

Post #8876367

Whoops wrong pest - I believe mealy bugs are related to scale insects. I shouldn't post until my coffee has kicked in lol. They ARE just as annoying as aphids though.

No signs of mealy bugs indoors but now I have fruit flies. I haven't seen those things for awhile.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

November 4, 2011
11:55 AM

Post #8876374

Oh scale is what I was trying to think of, thank you Ang!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 4, 2011
12:34 PM

Post #8876436

Happ I use ortho rose systemic granules. It has a little fertilizer also. It has a strong smell but works. I have used it on Cannas to control the worms they get. I used it on Epi's. I have used it on Brugs. I figure if I kill the plant oh well atleast the bugs are gone :) I haven't killed any plants with it but the bugs are gone. I bought a Pink Spicy Jatropha and I think it has Mealy bugs. You all just reminded me to use this on that plant. I think I have some.

I got all 23 Spider lilies each in it's own big pot yesterday. Today my back is killing me but went over to my neighbors and dug up all of his banana trees. I stole 3 of his blood banana trees. I told him I was going to. He really likes those but hated the others. I need to get them planted in the ground and in pots. A few were really big. I fell working in the yard and have a welt by my left eye as I hit a branch sticking out of the garbage can. I came into eat and my back is really killing me. I will take something so I can finish what I started. I want to go over and prune his solid white Rose of Sharon and try rooting them. He doesn't mind as it will get it to blooming again. The lavender Vitex I took cuttings of failed so I am going to try some more.
Busy Busy Busy.

Happ do you remember which seeds you wanted? I have Wild Poinsettia, Fushia and Yellow 4 O'clocks, Evergreen Wisteria, Mimosa tree, Coral Bean, and a few Chinese Wisteria. LMK so I can get them out to you.

Going to run while I still have a little energy left.
Hugs!!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

November 4, 2011
1:05 PM

Post #8876475

You sent me the seeds, you are waiting on me to send back, I was going to mail your box back this week but didn't have your addr soon enough so it will go out Monday... ;)

I could use smelly stuff in the garden room on the plants cause we don't live out there, but the solar room is attached to the main house and that might not work too well...LOL
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 4, 2011
2:43 PM

Post #8876643

What I was trying to say up there was the little bugger bugs must smell or taste sweet or both, like the ants have found the Mother Lode.

You take it easy, Sandy.

Pic is one of my "Friendship Bowls" where I've tried to group like-minded plants that came from swaps or trades.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 4, 2011
5:11 PM

Post #8876843

I didn't get the Rose of Sharon pruned or my Vitex but they are easier jobs than what I got done. I am working on planting and rooting somethings for spring so maybe I can sell them. I did 7 pots of dayflower and potted 5 banana trees and planted 4 of them in the ground. I have 3 for a friend who may come Sunday to get them. I have them in the shade as I did not pot those up. I have 1 more to plant and just a few things to do tomorrow that can't wait but the cuttings can unless I am not sore tomorrow but fat chance cause I am sore right now. But I do love working in the yard. It looks so good. I am slowly getting things in the hoop house and hope to get it covered soon. My eye has really swollen but I will survive :)

Happ I am sorry I meant to say Debra about the seeds. I am not sure which she wanted.

I am heading to the shower soon as I am going to bed early. FOTV that is gorgeous. What is the light green plant in the front in the middle? Has anyone traded with Startingpoint? I have a box ready for her and don't have her address.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 4, 2011
5:43 PM

Post #8876884

Well you caught me on that one, Sandy, and is one of the few in the bowl that I bought. It's a neat looking Snake Plant I recently purchased from one of our greenhouses. They had a soft garden twist tie around the spikes with the idea that it would form a braid but I removed it so the plant can do its thing naturally. In time I should have pups to share.

Edited to add the link to Plant Files:
Sansevieria cylindrica: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55408/

Try to find the D-mail where you two worked out your trade. Or send them a new message and ask for their addy.

This message was edited Nov 4, 2011 7:48 PM
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 4, 2011
5:58 PM

Post #8876904

I did check my Dmail and looked in the address exchange. She has not answered my dmail asking for her addy. I don't think the Cannas will mind but the fig cuttings will :)

I have Orange Canna if anyone would like some for postage. They get 5 to 6 ft tall. I think this is it. http://davesgarden.com/community/trading/search.php?search_text=PFPID:37469

I really love that snake plant. I would love a pup when you have an extra one.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

November 4, 2011
10:50 PM

Post #8877172

Hi Sandy, I was hoping for the wild poinsetta seeds if u have anyleft I know u are after the jewel of opar and some brugs, right?

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

November 5, 2011
6:11 AM

Post #8877391

The systemic/fertilizer for roses works good, but I can't stand it in the house because of the smell. It is Ok in the greenhouse, but I frequently just toss things rather than risk spreading bugs to other plants. Mealy bugs are the worst. Wait, maybe it is toss up with scale. Depending on the size if the plant, I take a tooth brush or rag and scrub with dish liquid and water, then spray off, or shower off.
Something that works with larger more hardy plants is to leave out to get a bit of frost, just enough to cause leaf drop. Then you are rid of all those bugs that were on the leaves. Then bring it to a warmer spot and it will put out again. For some of you the season may already be too far along for that trick. You want the leaves to drop outside in case not all the leaves are dead. I have used this on things like citrus trees and other more woody plants. sort of last ditch effort.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 5, 2011
7:42 AM

Post #8877494

I am having problems with both spider mites and mealy bugs. I thought I would try the windex trick to see if it would work. My only real concerns are my Aeschynanthus gracilis and my Creeping Peperomia. I think the others are sturdy enough to hold up to the windex, not sure about these two - the seem to be a bit more delicate.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 5, 2011
8:35 AM

Post #8877550

Debra I sure do have the wild poinsettia seeds. I have jewel of opar but would love some brugs. How do you get the jewel of opar separated from the chaff? They are so very tiny. I have them coming up everywhere but the seeds are so tiny it doesn't seem like much. I have a friend who sells seeds and offers 1/8 tsp of some of her seeds but all my jewel of opar with chaff wouldn't make enough for 1/8 of a teaspoon. Any help would be Great!!! I will get your seeds ready to mail.

I am sore today. It is not going to be a very active day in the garden. I will collect seeds, pot up 2 plants, and that may be all I do. I love so much to be in the yard. Besides my DS and DGDs there is no better place to be.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

November 5, 2011
9:14 AM

Post #8877584

Joy is in town for the central Texas Celtic Festival this weekend. Can't make it today but hoping to get out to see them tomorrow!

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2011
10:11 AM

Post #8877620

ilovejesus, i would like some Orange Canna seeds fer postage, if ya kin?
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 5, 2011
10:33 AM

Post #8877644

Jax it is not seeds it is rhizomes I have. If you would like some of those just let me know. I haven't tried to collect seeds as I am not sure how. :) lmk and I can send out this coming week.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

November 5, 2011

Post #8878282

Hi Julie, the little pink beads are the pods.. just take them and gently squish them into an evelope, works great. the seeds to a canna plant are in the fuzzylooking pod at the top of a spent bloom, if they feel firm when squeezed then there is seed forming, if empty then no seeds.

does ANYONE else want a few brugs to play with this winter?

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

November 6, 2011
1:48 AM

Post #8878449

Thanks for all your thoughts/suggestions on the candlestick bush. I am afraid to look at the temperature out there tonight - I have been covering it when I know there's a risk of frost. I do have about 5 more seeds left so I could try to start them earlier if I decide not to bring that plant in. Like I said, not looking forward to digging it up. It's about 5' and 3'-ish wide. The first flower bud is still only about an inch long. Not going anywhere fast. :/

I watched the ants on the plant over the summer congregate around the sulfur caterpillars. I guessed they were enjoying the sap exposed when the cats ate the leaves. I also remember them on peonies. Ants are very helpful critters. They are also one of our important seed dispersers - there is a protein on some seed coatings that they eat. Then they "discard" the seeds underground and they sprout. Some of us have had the "ant chat" on other threads. Won't go there now.

I've had fruit flies too, prolly due to the fruit I put out for my iguana. At least, that's where a lot of them congregate. I chase them around the room with the vacuum. Very effective, but Rita doesn't like it one bit. Can't use pesticides with fish/lizards/birds in the house you know.

yawn.

I realized a little while ago that this is not one of my normal sleepless evenings. The clock on my computer fell back but not the one next to my bed stand. I fell asleep on the couch pretty early so I've already got my 6 hours.

Have a great day!!!

A.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 6, 2011
2:26 AM

Post #8878469

Amanda I have someone who I have been asking about your tree. They have offered me some seed so you will have more available to you when I get them. :) He says the germination rate is almost 100%. He also offered me a seedling and if he sends 2 I would love to share one with you. Do you think you would like to have it and some seeds?

That is very interesting about ants. I would love to hear more if no one else minds.

I have pokeweed seeds fermenting and noticed some kind of little nats all in the bucket. I want to get my DGD's a white t-shirt and try to tie dye it in the juice. Someone said it would stain my hands but it washed right off. I am not sure it will not wash off a shirt if it washed off me. Maybe I will make me one first and see how it does. I am borrowing my DS's girlfriends car today to go to Walmart for groceries. mmmm Lowe's is right next door ;) I picked more seeds and bagged some I had drying.Now to write the names on the bags. I hope walmart has more bags today as they are always out. They are so much cheaper there than Michael's.

Have a Great Day my sweet friends!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

November 6, 2011
4:15 AM

Post #8878519

Debra hate to ask this question, but what brugs do you have?

Almost all the brugs I have in the solar room are getting ready to bloom, along with my plumeria and hibiscus. The ginger has not bloomed at all this year, or I missed it one or the other.

Someone forgot to tell the basset hound we are on daylight savings time, he rarely rarely ever wakes me up, but he did this morning so I figured it must be an emergency... ;)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2011
4:24 AM

Post #8878534

Hi everyone, can you beieve this? the ONE day I do not have to go look at a new bloom or rush out for work, and I am wide awake.
Patti, I am wondering how u are, since the two earthquakes. we all felt them up here in derby, kansas. my son called and said two of his pictures on the wall fell down and the cat freaked out. college girl was on toilet and she said she thought " okay, here we go. the washer spinning is gonna finaly make the floor cave on.." she said the toilet was shaking .. LMAO

Still have frosty, peach versi , and b suavleons to disperse..
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

November 6, 2011
4:32 AM

Post #8878540

Ok you twisted my arm into a cutting of frosty and peach...daylight savings has gone to my head...rofl.

Earthquake in Okie land omg! I have never felt one and that is just fine with me. Kind of scary I work in a very very old brick building in KC, I don't think it would wiggle very well at all.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2011
6:25 AM

Post #8878680

joyce, is a whole big Frosty okay with you? I can trim it down to fit in a large shipping box at work or somethng..
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 6, 2011
8:11 AM

Post #8878829

I found out I had squash in the house which had the fruit flies. I had to sit down and try to remember when I bought it, but still have no clue.

I wish I could take some Brugs but I'm afraid it's a death trap here. I lost all my brugs and seedlings :( I'll stick with Epis and Succulents, I haven't killed them yet.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

November 6, 2011
8:16 AM

Post #8878833

Thanks for the offer, Sandy. :)

If you have extra seeds that'll be good if I can't start mine in the spring. I bought them from Onalee 2 years ago, but didn't try to plant them till this year. Took them over a month to germinate after sowing in the ground around the garden. I would probably start them indoors earlier for next season.

Send me dmail if you want to if/when you get the seeds/seedlings. I don't think you need to go thru that expense just yet. I'll also see if I can dig up a nice link for you to read about my friends the ants. :D

Have a groovy day! It might be time for my nap.

A.
Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 6, 2011
11:42 AM

Post #8878998

Debra,
I will take any brugs that you are willing to get rid of. Just let me know. Tina

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

November 6, 2011
2:48 PM

Post #8879201

It rained last night!!! That's twice in a month! whooooeee!

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 6, 2011
5:42 PM

Post #8879421

I second what Tina says. Color don't Matter :)
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 6, 2011
5:45 PM

Post #8879425

Congrats Carey!! If you need extra I'm sure Washington will have loads to spare soon.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 7, 2011
5:13 AM

Post #8879803

I borrowed my DS's girlfriends car yesterday to go grocery shopping. And since Lowe's is right next to Walmart you know I could not pass it up:)
I made a killing. I found 3 Thornless Blackberry bushes 1 gal. for 2.50 each. I got 2 Durantas 1 gallon for 1.50 each, a Clementine citrus tree for 3-4 gallon pot 8.25, 8 lime green potato vines pints for 38 cents each, a huge 2.25 gallon hibiscus for 2.50 all for 19 something. I called Chris my friend with Cancer as she wanted to go back to Houston Garden Center and get a Citrus tree for 37 dollars. Lowe's had limes, 2 different lemons, clemintines, at Lowes left. She was so excited that I called and I got her the last Clementine for 8.25. They were in 3-4 gallon pots. As I went back in I spotted 30-40 more hibiscus and got 2 and had the lady do a price check. They were also 2.50 a piece. I got a pretty pale yellow with a white and pink eye and a double dark peach. I grabbed 2 more potato vines. They only had the lime green but I bought them thinking if any of you ladies want one for postage I would mail it. I think they would make it first class as 5.00 for priority would not be worth it. Good thing Amanda's car is a big one. Not sure what it is but like the old Lincolns. I had barely enough room for 200 dollars worth of groceries.
If no one wants potato vine that is fine as I know they will sell come spring. I would have bought them for that price anyway. The hibiscus are huge and packed with blooms. I am going to Chris' again tomorrow to take her to lowes and see if they still have some. I will try to post some pictures later. Check your lowes. These were marked to sell not because they were dying. All of the plants I got were not clearanced because they were dying. The ones that were dying they wanted an arm and leg for. They had around 25 orchids leaves burnt from the sun and they wanted 8 dollars each for. Oh and I thought of growing some pansies this year. They only live from now to Apr or May here but they wanted 1 dollar a 4in pot. That is robbery to charge so much.

I am still so sore. It is so hard bend to sit on the potty. My legs just hurt something fierce and now I bring home more work. tsk tsk tsk :)

I did get the car unloaded of plants before Brian or my DS saw ;) rotflol With Chris' tree I only spent 35.00. That is not alot compared to what I got :)

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

November 7, 2011
5:24 AM

Post #8879818

ilovejesus, I do not think the poke stain will stay in. When the kids were small they dyed a sheet with poke berries but when I washed it, it all came out. In fact it faded by itself a lot over a few days. i think you need to add some kind of mordant to the dye.

Tikipod, check your dmail

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

November 7, 2011
7:20 AM

Post #8879962

Any one in zone 8 had any experience with cornelian cherries? Have any thoughts you care to share?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2011
7:34 AM

Post #8879982

Debra ... I would love a start of the peach or orange brugs also.

We felt the earthquakes but no damage here. DH woke me up and said "do you feel that???" I was half asleep and just said 'uh-huh' because I didn't want to discuss it. lol Then I realized the bed was shaking! I have a cousin in Lawrence, KS that said she felt it there.

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2011
8:03 AM

Post #8880015

...ilovejesus, yes, that would be great!

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

November 7, 2011
9:24 AM

Post #8880115

I am having a lot of trouble with my DG connection today. It keeps snapping off.

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2011
2:21 PM

Post #8880493

...mine too! thought it was me!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

November 7, 2011
7:22 PM

Post #8880874

me three! but here we are.. okay.. I have :

Joyce
Sandy
Tina
Patti

on the brug list.. anyone else? come onnnnnn...don't make me post on the plant forum LOL

also have a whole bunch of Oleander cuttings ... If you are ordering a brug from me, don't be surprised to get one of those, too..

so we had an aftershock a little while ago.. of course I was down in the basement garden.. looking at the now crooked pipe against the wall tha
t is now tricling a slow leak.. think the quake roll mite have shifted the already cracked foundation just a tad more.. it looks kinda crooked LOL
now it has aleady rained for two inches worth.. no water down there yet from the rain.. hmm

Think I will just drink a bit of kaloua and call it a night..

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 7, 2011
8:03 PM

Post #8880941

I am going to Chris' again tomorrow. I think she wants to go to Lowe's and see if they still have any hibiscus. I will go to the center tomorrow home with her and back to the center and back home wed. I wouldn't mind getting the colors of hibiscus I didn't get. They are 4 ft tall and 3 ft wide and full of blooms. We will see if that is what we do. Jax I will get your box out to you soon.

I was reading some on the net about pokeweed dye and it is tricky. I will look into it more before I do it.

AmandaEsq I have been really busy. If you don'y hear back from me send me a reminder dmail :) I need a secretary. I need to see who wanted the wild pointsettia seeds. I mailed 2 envies today and have no idea who for. Oh well it will all pan out I am sure. :)
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 7, 2011
8:07 PM

Post #8880946

Debra what the heck put my name on the Brug list several times then my son, my DGD and my other DGD..my sons cat.. rotflol.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 8, 2011
1:30 AM

Post #8881135

Deb

how many do you have? You are going to twist my arm, aren't you? ^_^

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

November 8, 2011
5:28 AM

Post #8881254

blooming now... b suavleons white..
Carolyn, twist . twist.

the b suav pink just finished her flush with kaitlyn..

Thumbnail by joeswife

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

November 8, 2011
5:30 AM

Post #8881257

exclusive offer to this group.. I can't post on plant forum, only want to share with peeps I know .. LOL
this is blooming, do you like it? it is a very long bloom and pendulous

Thumbnail by joeswife

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2011
5:44 AM

Post #8881278

Course being a brug addict they are all beautiful. Never met a brug I didn't like...rofl, met several that didn't like me, but what can I say...rofl.

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 8, 2011
5:49 AM

Post #8881285

I hope it will have nothing to do with me finding a companion but if Charles Grimaldi (sp) is a sign of whether I will ever find one...well lets say Fat Chance. Every time I had one he died. :(
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2011
6:04 AM

Post #8881300

Maya and I use to get along pretty well, then something happened and I lost her...was a sad day... ;(
Most of them I have lost was in the early stages in winter, trying to get them going. I no longer put them in the garden room because it is too cool I have figured out instead I start them in the solar room.

Lost my first brug Monster White and would love to have another start. I was in OKC working when a friend of ours backed over her breaking the pot and the brug, my DH not realizing I could take a start cleaned up everything (throwing away MW pieces) then told me about it when I got home...

tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 8, 2011
7:54 AM

Post #8881405

Debra that is absolutely beautiful! I saw some brug blooms up close and personal at the nursery this year. It reminded me of how much I wanted to grow myself. At least I get some joy buying them for my mom still lol.

I think I may have a survivor. I moved her into the storage when the temps dropped low here. No clue if she is just dormant or dead though. The wind and the bugs really kicked some butt this year.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2011
8:21 AM

Post #8881447

More earthquakes going on here. In the last 4 days we have had 3 that were 4.7, 5.6 and last night another 4.7. They are saying we have had 29 but they weren't noticable. Last night we were having really severe thunderstorms, tornado's, then an earthquake! UGH! What to do????? Just get in bed and pull the covers up I guess. lol

Happ... I heard that this last one was felt in KC, MO also. It was about 8:45 p.m.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 8, 2011
8:26 AM

Post #8881456

What is with the weather and the earthquakes? this is more than global warming...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2011
12:31 PM

Post #8881722

I have no idea. Kinda makes me wonder if things are getting ready to change
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2011
1:06 PM

Post #8881783

Crit you better come up north here with me... ;) You guys have just been receiving the rath of Mom nature for sure, extreme heat, drought, earthquakes, tornados, good grief. Ya all deserve a break...but not the ground...

Alot of peopl felt the 5.6 all round KC, then several people a little farther south KC felt the one last night again, I am about 45/50 miles north and I didn't feel anything either time, course it could be I am just numb... ;)

At 8:45 we were having horrible winds, rain, and lightening, and I am out trying to build a tent on the covered porch for the 2 puppies someone dumped.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 8, 2011
2:20 PM

Post #8881874

We had tornadoes in May... I am hoping next year is a little more normal weatherwise
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2011
7:46 PM

Post #8882352

I'm hoping with the wacky weather so many of us have experienced, we won't be dumped with a loads of snow this year.

These folks are patiently waiting to receive:

dispatcher1 (Your plants have been mailed.)
FruitOfTheVine
Tina_A (Your plants have been mailed.)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

November 8, 2011
8:47 PM

Post #8882439

awww fruity, no box of goodies yet? dang..

welp. we felt the earthquake..
" I feel the earth move under my feet I feel like tumbling down, tumbling down, I felt the eath moveee under my feet.. oh well however that old song went..

after 3 inches of rain, it is snowingggggg now.. geez!

Joyce, got a monster white, will get a start going for you..
are you coming down here soon? come over here and get this huge brug tree will ya??

Thumbnail by joeswife

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 9, 2011
1:38 AM

Post #8882581

Deb

Now that song is going through my head...
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2011
5:57 AM

Post #8882722

Snowed at my house last night also...very strange.

Debra, I am sure I will make it to Wichita before spring... ;) Going thru this conversion may have me living everywhere but Missouri. Now that song is stuck in my head...guess it is good something is in there!

No tropicals for fruity, how can that be...!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2011
8:31 AM

Post #8882908

There is a T-shirt out that says "I survived Oklahoma 2011. Snowmagedden, Tornado Superoutbreak, Summer, Oklahoma Earthquakes" with a check mark beside them, then the last one has no checkmark and a blank. LOL it's cute! There are a bunch of shirts out about the quakes now.

We got 4 2/3" of rain out of this last storm! YIPPEE I guess we were an exception because everywhere else got less than an inch. I know it was raining hard!
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 9, 2011
8:50 AM

Post #8882930

Crit - they sound cute!

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2011
1:28 PM

Post #8883284

Oh Crit, that is a great t-shirt...rofl.

We have had a down pour for 2 days solid, finally sunshine today...yeppppeh! Course we needed the rain. Glad the snow is over for the winter... ;)
Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 9, 2011
1:30 PM

Post #8883285

My box came today, thank you Jsxtiger.
My box contained,
Ivy- Hedera helix X2
Sansevieria- Gold Hahnii
Cactus
Varigated Ivy
Peperomia-Belly Button
Dracaena-Warneckii

Everything is nice, healthy, and big. I'm already deciding where everything is going to go and with some of the low light areas in my house, some of these plants will do wonderful here especially upstairs. Thanks again Jax
Will Post pics later
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2011
2:22 PM

Post #8883339

Debra, hows your toe? Geehz that hurts...just thinking about it.

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2011
2:22 PM

Post #8883340

hope you are happy, tina! please accept my most sincere apology fer me lateness!
dispatcher1
Seymour, IN
(Zone 5b)

November 9, 2011
3:54 PM

Post #8883514

I received my box today also! Thanks Fruity, for conducting this swap, and espescially thanks to Crystal for voluteering to step in for my swap buddy who has health issues. I received a large variegated Spider plant with babies, a pot of "Red Rubin" hens and chickens, a purple, white and green variegated cutting and two unidentified green cuttings. I have had an absessed tooth (removed on Monday) and have been sick with the pain and infection of it this week. It was a real pick-me-up and I really appreciate the plants. Lou
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2011
5:06 PM

Post #8883669

Evening everyone!

Lou and Tina, I'm so glad you've received your plants. Thank you, Jax and Crystal, for your usual great job. I can't thank you enough, Crystal, for helping me out in a pinch. Lou, when you feel up to it, could you post a pic of your two unidentified green cuttings? Or, Crystal, perhaps you can let her know what they are.

Never having been through childbirth, the worst pain I've ever experienced, besides periodic back spasms, was having an abscessed wisdom tooth. The pain was on the verge of unbearable and the oral surgeon my dentist referred me to was able to work me in within two days. I hope you didn't have to wait very long for your appointment, Lou.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

November 10, 2011
5:42 AM

Post #8884379

ilovejesus, I found this about dying with Sumac. Maybe you already know this, but I found it interesting. Be sure and post about your dying projects. I'd like to see a picture.
Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 11, 2011
3:21 AM

Post #8885636

Here are the beautiful plants that Jax sent to me. OOOPS wrong swap picture. Gotta get some better glasses...lol

This message was edited Nov 11, 2011 5:27 AM

Thumbnail by Tina_A

Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 11, 2011
3:29 AM

Post #8885640

Lets try this again. Here is the correct picture.

Thumbnail by Tina_A

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

November 11, 2011
3:34 AM

Post #8885642

LOL, I was wondering...thought you may have chopped them up and found another use for them.
Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 11, 2011
3:39 AM

Post #8885644

LOL I don't know if some of those would taste as good as the food that sundownr sent to me in the other swap. Does anyone know how to start a sansevieria from a cutting?

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

November 11, 2011
4:01 AM

Post #8885654

Tina, I have a bunch of Sansevieria in a bucket of water rooting, and some in a tub of vermiculite rooting, that is all I know to tell ya..
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 11, 2011
4:24 AM

Post #8885662

Tina - I have seen where Senseveira can be propogated by leaf cuttings...
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

November 11, 2011
4:54 AM

Post #8885679

Beautiful plants, they survived the travel very well.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 11, 2011
7:03 AM

Post #8885792

Senseveira You are suppose to be able to take a leaf and chop it into 2-3 inch cuttings and root in soil. I like the water idea.

Tina_A Nice plants...

Is it time for a new thread yet?
candles4u
Mount Vernon, IL

November 11, 2011
5:28 PM

Post #8886479

purple green and white is moses in a basket or oyster plant, the spider plant is actually a faker its bichetti grass, the noids are callisia fragrans. They put out stalks like spiders with only one baby on the end what I sent were the babies one green and variegated, and a whole baggy of baby spiders (I have a surplus only like 500 babies) so all of your box except the bichetti grass is viviparious! Good luck getting lots of babies! Your welcome! You too Fruity, glad to help out!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 11, 2011
8:30 PM

Post #8886635

I am Chris this weekend. I saw a curly spider plant at Walmart for 2.75 very small pot. I wanted it but didn't want to transport it to the place I go and on the van. It would probably get crushed. Now it ends up I have to run home tomorrow to get my meds they delivered :( Oh well I left my cellphone at home so I can get it and take my plants from here home.

I love hanging out with all of you!!!! HUGS
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2011
7:17 AM

Post #8886884

We love having you too Sandy
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 12, 2011
9:47 AM

Post #8887026

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2011
3:24 PM

Post #8887472

Come on over here and hang out til we wrap this up one.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1229760/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America