What are you making - Fall 2011 Part 2

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1223812/

Thumbnail by Qwilter

To start a new thread............
Go to the Topic (Sewing & Quilting) main page.
Scroll down to "Starting a New Topic".
Name it. Put in the link to the Old page.
Submit it.
Put the new link in th eold thread.
That is all there is to it.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

You beat me to it Jean. I was just headed there to do that....Thank you...

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Love that quilt! Did you make it?

I quilted it for a customer. It is an unusual pattern.

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

WOW!! That is beautiful!!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I hope y'all don't mind if I jump in with what I'm currently making . . .

I make these wall hangings w/pockets for people going on Disney cruises called Fish Extenders (there's a fish hook outside every cabin, and they hang these from the fish hooks . . . thus the name Fish Extenders . . . ).

This is one that is almost finished . . . I only need to add the eyelets, so that I can use buttons and ribbon for the people to hang from the hooks.

(sorry if you get a crick in your neck from turning sideways!)

Thumbnail by Syrumani
Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Someone ordered this one to go on a cruise during the Halloween season, for his sons Make A Wish trip. I had considered going to the Disney store in town to get a gift card for his son to use on the ship, but I just couldn't get to that side of town. I thought about making a pillowcase, but didn't have enough of the Mickey Mouse material to make a whole pillowcase. But, then I realized that I had some red material to go with it . . . so half is Mickey Mouse material, the other half is red . . . it's almost like having 2 pillowcases . . .

Here is a pic of just the Mickey Mouse side . . . (sorry for the wrinkly bedspread)

Thumbnail by Syrumani
Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Here is a pic with a corner turned up to show the red side . . .

And . . .well . . . that's what I've been making the past few days.

Thumbnail by Syrumani

Very appropriate pillowcase for the cruise. I'm sure the boy will LOVE it.

Nice job Nicole! He will be so happy to have his own pillowcase.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Nice job Nicole and I, too, am sure they will be very much loved.

That was really thoughtful Nichole. He will love it I'm sure....

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

TA-DA Oh this machine is going to be such fun. My very first creation, just to see if I could. It ran flawlessly. I need to learn the online program so I can see if there is a way to add original designs to the card. Machine is Brother SE350, program Is PED Basic.

Thumbnail by siliolegma

Karen, I am so green.................

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Now, now Marion, when I am back in CB, you can come and play with me. I share all my lovely toys!

Oh thank you Mittsy.

I am already hoping hubby wins the lotto so I can get a bigger better machine. Emblibrary posted a free pattern for a lovely rag tree skirt with embroidered panels on Facebook. Let me know if you would like a copy. Or at their site under Free Projects.

This message was edited Oct 18, 2011 5:18 PM

Wichita Falls, TX

I, too, am making a Star Quilt (Jan Krentz). Sure wish I could of gone to one of her classes. But you know, if you pour over the book long enough, you eventually get it. Hopefully!

Today I finally bit the bullet and decided to do the Y-seam. It worked. Not as hard as I had envisioned. Though I did become friends (again) with the seam ripper.

This is the middle star. Plans are for more diamond star shapes to surround this. But that is tomorrow's job.

Thumbnail by gretagreenthumb

Oh Greta I really like this. What is pattern? I'm making tree skirts for all my grands, this one would be great.

Greta - very nice. And is that a thin red border around the star? If so, I am really impressed.
Y seams just take patience. The idea of stopping 1/4" before the end, and remembering to stop, is the "gotcha".

Karen, that is stunning. How is the very thin border accomplished?

How wonderful Greta!!! I love the fabrics you chose and that is really pretty. I am using the "Quick Star Quilts" book. I love her instructions because she doesn't leave anything out.

Beautiful Greta. Colors are very nice.

Wichita Falls, TX

Thanks, thanks, thanks, and thanks for all the "kudos".

Pattern is the "Quick Broken Star" from Jan Krentz's Quick Star Quilts and Beyond.
(FYI -- I found this book and the Fussy Cut Diamond Ruler at ALIBRIS.com -- cheapest)

The thin red border is also in her book. Looks hard, but is really quite simple and smart.

I have one more material (stripe) to use as an accent. I'm excited about the colors. I plan to use this as a quilt curtain for my patio door. Still trying to decide what to line it with as I do not want it heavy.

I'll post more pictures as I go along.

That is exactly the book I have. I must go look at the different patterns that are in there. I was only concerned with the pattern we were doing in class but now must go look at the others. Great job Greta.....

That is beautiful! Can't imagine how you did that narrow strip!

Whee!! Multitasking, Embroidering designs on a quilt for coming great grandson JoJo due next month around Thanksgiving. AND at the same time writing a message here. LOL

Isn't it great Karen!!!! I'm so happy for you.

Here's what i worked on today. cats for Pat

Thumbnail by mittsy

Blue Jays

Thumbnail by mittsy

Dinosaurs, two of four different

Thumbnail by mittsy

Mug Rug

Thumbnail by mittsy

Lavender Butterfly trio

Thumbnail by mittsy

next is a pr of Chickadees

Thumbnail by mittsy

Also a turtle and a cute frog

Thumbnail by mittsy

more snow ladies, Cardinals, and a very large design of a pr of Bluebirds. I can't find the picture, guess I'll have to retake it when I take a picture of the latest very large Cardinals with Magnolia blossoms. My neck and shoulders ache, too long at the machine, today.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Love them Mittsy. Just wonderful designs....

Oh Mittsy, they are absolutely the cutest!!!! You have really been one busy lady.

Mittsy, those are so cute! All done by machine?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.