Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Saving Seeds: Bulbous Oat Grass Seeds?

Communities > Forums > Saving Seeds
bookmark
Forum: Saving SeedsReplies: 1, Views: 11
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
nhuntley
Holladay, UT
(Zone 5a)

October 16, 2011
2:05 PM

Post #8851368

I was just trimming back my Bulbous Oat Grass, and was going to divide it a little as it's getting pretty big, and after cutting it back some, I noticed what appears to be seeds toward the top of the foliage. I can't find anything online about the seeds, but probably didn't look long enough.

Are these the seeds? What do I do with them? If they are seeds, I'd love to plant them, but I'm not sure if I need to let them dry out first, or remove them from the grass. Also, I have no idea if I should plant them now or in the Spring. Any help would be most appreciated!

Natalie

Thumbnail by nhuntley
Click the image for an enlarged view.

nhuntley
Holladay, UT
(Zone 5a)

October 16, 2011
2:06 PM

Post #8851369

Close-up

Thumbnail by nhuntley
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Saving Seeds Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Beans Crossing ragamuffin 2 Dec 25, 2007 7:28 AM
Angelonia tiG 12 Nov 11, 2007 1:19 PM
'homemade' dessicant? patfrompa 4 Dec 16, 2010 7:09 PM
cant find cats whiskers seed berrygirl 16 Jan 7, 2008 4:34 PM
Mountain laurel seeds txjaks 3 Jul 8, 2008 5:36 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America