Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Amaryllis 101: Planting Amaryllis Bulbs for Winter Blooms: Love the amaryllis

Communities > Forums > Article: Amaryllis 101: Planting Amaryllis Bulbs for Winter Blooms
bookmark
Forum: Article: Amaryllis 101: Planting Amaryllis Bulbs for Winter BloomsReplies: 1, Views: 9
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gardengirl86
Middleboro, MA

October 17, 2011
4:53 AM

Post #8852112

I have an amaryllis waiting to be potted up for Christmastime. Last year it had the most beautiful foliage, but no bloom. Don't know what I did wrong (actually my husband potted it up), but I will follow your instructions to the tee this year and perhaps I will get a bloom or two.
Thanks, gardengirl 86
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

October 17, 2011
6:39 AM

Post #8852266

My understanding is that the bloom forms inside the bulb during the summer growing season... so if it didn't bloom for you the first year you had it, the fault wasn't yours. If you let it grow through this past summer, it should bloom beautifully for you this year.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Amaryllis 101: Planting Amaryllis Bulbs for Winter Blooms Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I'm convinced! cathy4 17 Oct 19, 2011 12:11 PM
I can hardly wait! doccat5 6 Oct 12, 2011 12:27 PM
Staking amaryllis birder17 4 Dec 30, 2007 2:29 PM
Copper Coil Picture birder17 4 Oct 18, 2011 8:01 AM
dormant storage temps cheerpeople 2 Feb 8, 2009 1:06 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America