Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Leaf blower or rake and broom: where do you stand?: Sucker and mulcher

Communities > Forums > Article: Leaf blower or rake and broom: where do you stand?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Leaf blower or rake and broom: where do you stand?Replies: 1, Views: 7
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

October 17, 2011
4:54 PM

Post #8853186

The wind in Oklahoma makes blowing anything anywhere in particular a bit of a joke. I wait until all the leaves have fallen first of all. Then I mow and mulch the lawn and use the suck and mulch function on my hand held blower. I empty the bag of the sucker-mulcher right into the beds, soaking the shredded leaves down with water from the spray attachment on the hose. Then I cover the shredded leaves with a layer of compost and soak the bed one more time with water. If the weather threatens to interrupt me, I just bag up the shredded leaves and throw them in the garage with the compost. The next sunny day, I go back at it. Doing both the front and back yards may take a few days. But I feel better knowing I'm not tossing away all the leaves. Ta da! Plants are all tucked in for winter.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 17, 2011
5:22 PM

Post #8853239

Sounds very efficient. The shredded leaves will stay in place, and compost down over winter right there.
Thanks for reading and commenting.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Leaf blower or rake and broom: where do you stand? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Gas Blowers are Air Polluters too Elphaba 4 Oct 12, 2011 10:07 AM
Rake and Broom All the Way! BennysPlace 5 Oct 20, 2011 9:55 PM
I use both Gitagal 4 Nov 30, 2011 1:09 PM
Use mowers azulverde 1 Oct 17, 2011 5:30 PM
Either way, DON'T BURN! farmlife 1 Oct 19, 2011 9:56 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America