Agent Orange question....

Larsen, WI(Zone 5a)

Does anyone have any information about Agent Orange from Vietnam, first hand (veteran)? If you do, can you please give me a description of what all took place while you were active in your specific assignment at that time? I'm doing a paper for school and it would be nice if someone could give me some feedback about my question.

Thank you so much....
Barry

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Yes, I am a vet and was in Viet Nam at the time, but didn't have any direct contact with it. AO was a defoliate spray used extensively in Nam to destroy jungle growth hiding the enemy forces. It was usually sprayed in place by large aircraft such as the C130 over wide areas. It was later discovered the material used was highly toxic to humans, stirring much contraversy among veterans who had health concerns years after it's use.

I have no intentions to get political here because this is a very serious issue among veterans. You can find much written information on this subject from veterans organizations such as the American Legion or Veterans of Foreign War, both of which have extensive websites.

Good luck with your paper.

Al

Larsen, WI(Zone 5a)

THANKS AL~!!

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Quite a few years ago there was a farm chemical out that was basically "Agent Orange" and it was called Paraquat. My hubby used it a couple years, but he just said that it hasn't been around for years. No doubt taken off the market.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.