Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Agastaches and Salvias: A hobbyist's web site

Communities > Forums > Agastaches and Salvias
bookmark
Forum: Agastaches and SalviasReplies: 8, Views: 149
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Rich_dufresne
Candor, NC

October 20, 2011
11:47 AM

Post #8857211

I just found a web site which features a few pages of ganged photos of sages:(58 all together). Click on the thumbnails to enlarge.

http://www.fridley.net/gw/salvia/index.htm

The owner gardens in Sebastapol, CA, USA
risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 20, 2011
1:16 PM

Post #8857288

those are nice clear pics. thanks for posting

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2011
11:19 PM

Post #8859809

Thanks from me, too - who knew the salvias could be such a great source of "silvers" for the garden? And a partially shaded, horribly humid one to boot, as S. chamaedryoides proved to be a few summers ago for us in Maryland. I wonder how S. beesbliss, S. canariensis & S. thymoides would do under these conditions?

Risingcreek, have you seen the following lists posted a few years ago in this forum? -

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/699449/ - salvias for hot/humid conditions
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/699451/ - shade tolerant salvias

Richard, thanks again.

karen

risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 23, 2011
6:45 AM

Post #8859999

blues.-no i had not seen those. thank you for posting. i really can use the info of the hot/humid conditions, the shade, not so much unfortunately. but the info is great!
kc

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2011
6:04 PM

Post #8860804

kc, there was a coop with Richard and his sages this past summer that I missed, but they are hoping that after Christmas they can work with him on another coop for next spring. You might want to dmail him for more information - there is an aspect that offers a unique learning experience about sages.

Richard, apologies for talking about you as a third person. I just joined and can't resist enabling another enthusiast. I hope you'll be able to give this coop another go after Christmas with Mamajack.

karen
EFGeorgia1
Lizella, GA
(Zone 8a)

November 17, 2011
5:42 PM

Post #8894785

OH MY, ya'll are for sure enablers. Love those salvias! Thanks for those good links. AND, I will be checking out the coop.

Elaine
daddave
Olean, MO

January 23, 2012
9:38 AM

Post #8979043

Hi
newbe Here with a question
What is a coop?
Just tryin to learn!!!(;-)
Dave

RickCorey_WA

RickCorey_WA
Everett, WA
(Zone 8a)

January 23, 2012
12:27 PM

Post #8979271

>> What is a coop?

A co-operative purchase, where several people agree to split the cost of some batch of somehting. They share the expense. A group purchase. I think it happens most often for "plugs", where the cheapest way is to buy entire trays of just one variety.

Then one person makes the bulk purchase and gets a price break. Then she has to divide the stuff and re-mail it out to everyone. (The cost of postage makes it hard to come out ahead!)

DG has a forum for that, and last time I looked, there were some specific rules:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/groupbuy/unsolved/0/

evelyn_inthegarden
Sierra Foothills, CA
(Zone 8a)

January 23, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #8979293

I think the last co-op that Richard had was on the cubits website. I do not know if he does it on this one, too.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Agastaches and Salvias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Salvia pictures from my garden Gerris2 133 Mar 21, 2007 6:49 PM
My favorite Salvias ecrane3 88 Jun 5, 2007 11:39 PM
Agastaches & Salvias I'm Getting Thru Mail Order Marilynbeth 55 Mar 11, 2007 10:49 PM
Agastache & salvia Ariel73 2 Apr 10, 2007 7:14 PM
Salvia 'Discolor' mrs_colla 9 Mar 13, 2007 6:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America