Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Agastaches and Salvias: A hobbyist's web site

Communities > Forums > Agastaches and Salvias
bookmark
Forum: Agastaches and SalviasReplies: 8, Views: 150
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Rich_dufresne
Candor, NC

October 20, 2011
11:47 AM

Post #8857211

I just found a web site which features a few pages of ganged photos of sages:(58 all together). Click on the thumbnails to enlarge.

http://www.fridley.net/gw/salvia/index.htm

The owner gardens in Sebastapol, CA, USA
risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 20, 2011
1:16 PM

Post #8857288

those are nice clear pics. thanks for posting

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2011
11:19 PM

Post #8859809

Thanks from me, too - who knew the salvias could be such a great source of "silvers" for the garden? And a partially shaded, horribly humid one to boot, as S. chamaedryoides proved to be a few summers ago for us in Maryland. I wonder how S. beesbliss, S. canariensis & S. thymoides would do under these conditions?

Risingcreek, have you seen the following lists posted a few years ago in this forum? -

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/699449/ - salvias for hot/humid conditions
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/699451/ - shade tolerant salvias

Richard, thanks again.

karen

risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 23, 2011
6:45 AM

Post #8859999

blues.-no i had not seen those. thank you for posting. i really can use the info of the hot/humid conditions, the shade, not so much unfortunately. but the info is great!
kc

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2011
6:04 PM

Post #8860804

kc, there was a coop with Richard and his sages this past summer that I missed, but they are hoping that after Christmas they can work with him on another coop for next spring. You might want to dmail him for more information - there is an aspect that offers a unique learning experience about sages.

Richard, apologies for talking about you as a third person. I just joined and can't resist enabling another enthusiast. I hope you'll be able to give this coop another go after Christmas with Mamajack.

karen
EFGeorgia1
Lizella, GA
(Zone 8a)

November 17, 2011
5:42 PM

Post #8894785

OH MY, ya'll are for sure enablers. Love those salvias! Thanks for those good links. AND, I will be checking out the coop.

Elaine
daddave
Olean, MO

January 23, 2012
9:38 AM

Post #8979043

Hi
newbe Here with a question
What is a coop?
Just tryin to learn!!!(;-)
Dave

RickCorey_WA

RickCorey_WA
Everett, WA
(Zone 8a)

January 23, 2012
12:27 PM

Post #8979271

>> What is a coop?

A co-operative purchase, where several people agree to split the cost of some batch of somehting. They share the expense. A group purchase. I think it happens most often for "plugs", where the cheapest way is to buy entire trays of just one variety.

Then one person makes the bulk purchase and gets a price break. Then she has to divide the stuff and re-mail it out to everyone. (The cost of postage makes it hard to come out ahead!)

DG has a forum for that, and last time I looked, there were some specific rules:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/groupbuy/unsolved/0/

evelyn_inthegarden
Sierra Foothills, CA
(Zone 8a)

January 23, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #8979293

I think the last co-op that Richard had was on the cubits website. I do not know if he does it on this one, too.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Agastaches and Salvias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Salvia pictures from my garden Gerris2 133 Mar 21, 2007 6:49 PM
My favorite Salvias ecrane3 88 Jun 5, 2007 11:39 PM
Agastaches & Salvias I'm Getting Thru Mail Order Marilynbeth 55 Mar 11, 2007 10:49 PM
Agastache & salvia Ariel73 2 Apr 10, 2007 7:14 PM
Salvia 'Discolor' mrs_colla 9 Mar 13, 2007 6:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America