-
AuthorContent
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2011
4:48 PM

Post #8858602

Is it me, or has the past year flown by? I can’t believe it’s already time for our Christmas exchange! Thank you so much, LK, for volunteering to Co-Hostess

Among the suggestions of gifts below are several clever ideas many of you submitted. When you sign up, pick TWO categories by the numbers you’d like to RECEIVE and also let us know if you’re allergic to any foods or scents. Also mention the type of decorations you like or don’t like. Your Secret Santa may choose to send more than the two categories you pick.

1. Receive a Stuffed Stocking, either bought or homemade.

2. Receive an Ornament, a decorative Santa, Snowman, or Snow Woman. It’ll be up to your Buddy to choose which one.

3. Receive a minimum of six bows along with a plain wreath, homemade or bought. You as the recipient will be able to change the bows during the coming months and decorate the wreath to your liking.

4. Receive a new decorated Red or Green Garden Trowel or another new decorated gardening tool you can display inside or out. Again, it’ll be your Buddy’s choice.

5. Receive a small artificial tree decorated with traditional or non-traditional items. Non-traditional items could include shells, mirrored tiles, pine cones, feathers, sprays of flowers and leaves, or a combination of these or other items you have in your craft stash or imagination. It’s totally up to your Secret Santa how your tree will be decorated.

6. Receive food or non-food items. A few food items could be cookies, cakes, brownies, chocolates, pickles, and jams. Non-food items could include soaps, potpourri, fuzzy socks, or dish towels. Just for suggestions. Your Buddy will surprise you with their choice(s).

7. Receive a Glass Jar Candle with the scent of your Buddy’s choice.

8. Receive a regional cookbook OR several recipe note cards OR a magazine, new or used, that features Holiday recipes. Again this option will be left up to your Buddy.

9. Receive a mystery gift that begins with First Initial of YOUR User ID.

10. Receive a Large or Small garden flag OR Wind Chimes…your Buddy’s choice.

As always, our goal is to have fun as we celebrate another Christmas together and enjoy each other’s company! Put your thinking caps on, use your imagination, and brighten someone’s day with a box of gifts whether they’re on the suggested lists or not.

Fine print…..

If you have not participated in a swap I’ve moderated, prior to posting, please D-mail me your name, address, phone number and email address for my log.

All participants need to ensure your subscription is paid through January 31, 2012.

The value of the gifts you send should be around $20, excluding Priority Mail with a Delivery Confirmation Number.

Sign-Up ENDS Saturday, November 6th, and you’ll receive your Buddy’s name shortly afterwards in a D-mail from either LK or me. Reveal your Secret Santa when you receive your package. Please Priority Mail your package with a Delivery Confirmation number no later than the week of December 5th. Keep your receipt handy or D-mail the Delivery Confirmation number you used to either LK or me, depending on which one of us assigned your Buddy. NEVER post tracking numbers directly on our threads.

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1225433/

This message was edited Oct 30, 2011 6:59 PM

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Click the image for an enlarged view.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2011
4:49 PM

Post #8858603

Reserved for participants.

1234dottie / Dottie -- > #2 I love ornaments. Snowmen are my favorite. #4 Any kind of garden tool. #10 I do not have any kind of garden flag, I also love windchimes. Would love to have Surprises.

AmandaEsq / Amanda -- > I like all the choices but prefer #1 and #9.
I love smiley snowmen for Christmas. How can I list all my favorites and likes?! Chocolate, coffee, peppermint, golden oreos. Pink, purple, green and orange are my favorite colors but not really Christmas-y. Old fashioned traditional stuff reminds me of my Nana. Don't really care for perfume-y things, but vanilla/orange is a yummy combination. Love critters, flowers and candles.
No allergies. Have plenty of garden tools and supplies, but could use a truckload or two of mulch. And some anti-wrinkle cream. :D

Bettypauze / Betty -- > absolutely no preference. Cannot receive plants or food across the border.

Carolyn22 / Carolyn -- > I don't like vanilla scented things, but love cinnamon. Would like a stocking stuffed with homemade items or things such as gardening tape and seeds. The other ideas all look good too.

ClanCampbell / Chris -- > #2- I like Santa Clauses best, I guess- really, no preference here
#10- don't really do flags that much, but everyone knows how much I love windchimes :-) (hint,hint) :-)
No allergies, but I don't like food smelling candles (like apple pie, etc) - would rather have something scented like flowers or vanilla (hmm, guess that might be food scented) I once found a victorian rose/vanilla candle that I LOVED.. and they quit making them LOL.

Crit / Patti -- > #6 is first pick. Second picks would be:
#2 I like snowmen/women
#5 Up to my buddy
#8 I love cookbooks and other people's recipe's that they like
#9 I'm a C. If you opt for cactus, I like unusual hens/chicks, odd cactus like living rock, etc. I'm not especially "asking" for cactus, just wanted to throw that in, in case. It is ALL up to my buddy
#10 Would like to start getting yard flags, but don't have any of the holders that they go on. I also love windchimes.
No allergies. Love food, chocolate, jams and clay thingy's. (hint hint. And that's a C! ) Don't care for cinnamon type scents. Use scentsy warmers more than candles. Like scents like Thunderstorm, Enchanted Mist and Rainforest...or for Christmas Poinsettia Pine.

Cville_Gardener / Carole -- > #4 and #10
I don't care for santas, elves, reindeer, angels, stockings, holiday ornaments and so forth. We don't put up a big tree.
Not allergic to anything but not wild about a lot of overpowering scents. Cinnamon, vanilla and citrus are my faves.
Do like small decorated trees (the funkier, the better), yard art, gardening items of all kinds, mobiles, stained glass, dark chocolate, soup fixins, pastas, and coffees/teas (especially organic).

deejay9 / Susie -- > I Would love any of these #2, #3, #6, or #9 but truly anything for my new home. Love rainbow colors. I have a small white tree so I have my hands up for Mini oddball ornaments for my tree from any one :) Love crafty people.

froggies_girl / Julie -- > My preferences are #6, 9, 1, 4, or 5 (I'm collecting New Orleans Saints items and their team emblem, the fleur de lis). Hyacinth, paperwhites, or other bulbs are fine. Buddy, I'm putting specifics but I'll love whatever you send. And I'd love a book that the children and I can record favorite Christmas traditions. Can be handmade or bought.

FruitOfTheVine / Susan -- > I'm picking #9 and #10 but would be just as happy with Surprises. Also love dark chocolate, jarred candles, and homemade jams or jellies. Don't send me a Fruitcake...lol, and I can't stand Chocolate Covered Cherries.

happgarden / Joyce -- > #2 and #9 Anything is ok with me. I am traditional bright red/bright green/and white Christmas person. Love surprises & homemade jelly.

irisluvr0252 / Debbie -- > Sorry, I can't pick just 2!
#2, 6, 8, 10...out of these 4 I think I would go with #2 and #8 but would definitely be happy with anything my buddy chooses!

jab91864 / Julie -- > I will be easy, whatever my buddy wants to send. No allergies or major dislikes.

joeswife / Debra -- > Surprise me.

lizrainey / Liz -- > #6 and #10 -- No rose smell, no coconut or cheese.

mandy97 / Mandy -- > I think I'd like #6 and either #1 or #8 - buddy's choice. I'm not a fan of floral scents, but do enjoy fruit and cinnamon scents.

Mud_Elf / Kris -- > First choice would be # 5. I would like the mini-tree as it can be our Christmas tree for this year. I would love a cowboy or beach themed one.. The cowboy is for the long suffering Ralphie. My second choice is #10 as I can always use more yard art.
Need to say we are in a tiny place so any types of scents over power us so no candles or anything like that PLEASE. And we are on restricted diets so food is out too.

purpbutfly / Cindy -- > I would rather be totally surprised. Let my buddy decide what she wants to send me. No candles though because I make candles myself. Would like to have a butterfly tree.

ridesredmule / Char -- > #5 and #9 and #10. I can't stand smelly candles. I'm not a candle lover. Can't even go into one of those perfume places. Lord help me around those cinnamon brooms that almost take my breathe away.

Robynznest -- > #2 and #6. I love snowmen. I am allergic to oranges and most citrus fruit. Even the smell of an orange makes me sick. Other than that I'm pretty easy. A snowman and loads of dark chocolate will pretty much make me a very happy camper.

rouxcrew / Joy -- > #6 and #9

taters55 / LK -- > No specifics, just what ever my buddy wants to send.

warriorswisdomkathy / Kathy -- > #10 (would adore windhimes, hint hint) #5, if possible a traditional (it's been 5 years since I've had a tree and most of my lights and ornaments were aquired by my daughter and family. Love various Santas and or #6. I didn't see anything about any elves, if my trade partner has one to spare that can dig and plant I would forever be grateful.

Staying to chat...

rvnsbrk / Neener

This message was edited Oct 31, 2011 5:28 PM

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 21, 2011
6:05 PM

Post #8858680

Made it

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 21, 2011
10:17 PM

Post #8858835

me too!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 22, 2011
12:33 AM

Post #8858854

Up and at it, should be in Buffalo by 8am..visit to the Christmas Tree store on my agenda and am hoping to find some items for this swap even though I don't have my name, after I get my name if I don't think it's something my buddy will like then I'll keep the pretties for myself. Will keep that in mind while shopping.

Will be traveling stateside Nov 4th for the weekend and also Nov. 11th..must check when we get our names, might be able to post from your side of the border..

Best I get a move on..nothing like being on the road in the middle of the night. Lol. What women don't do for shopping excursion.

Enjoy your day.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2011
3:50 AM

Post #8858883

I'm here. :-)

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

October 22, 2011
4:10 AM

Post #8858886

I'm here too. Betty, you must be a little on the crazy side to leave in the middle of the night to go Christmas shopping in October. lol I like it, something I would do.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

October 22, 2011
5:39 AM

Post #8858941

Looks good from behind, Froot. ;)
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 22, 2011
6:09 AM

Post #8858964

I made it :) And here are my choices finally!

#2- I like Santa Clauses best, I guess- really, no preference here
#10- don't really do flags that much, but everyone knows how much I love windchimes :-) (hint,hint) :-)

No allergies, but I don't like food smelling candles (like apple pie, etc) - would rather have something scented like flowers or vanilla (hmm, guess that might be food scented) I once found a victorian rose/vanilla candle that I LOVED.. and they quit making them LOL.

Have a great day..it's sure going to be pretty here today. They're saying 69 today and 73 tomorrow..woohoo!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2011
7:05 AM

Post #8859031

Made it... I'm here!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 22, 2011
8:04 AM

Post #8859085

Hey Everyone Taters55 / Lk / Linda has entered a contest on FB. Please go like her entry so she has a good chance to win!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2557168136643&set=o.175838242496656&type=1&theater

Ohh,, and I am here!!

This message was edited Oct 22, 2011 10:24 AM

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 22, 2011
8:21 AM

Post #8859117

I'm here. Charley is pawing in anticipation...
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

October 22, 2011
9:02 AM

Post #8859163

I am here as well. This looks like so much fun. Can't beleive we are thinking about Christmas already.

I was just thinking this morning, that I really should be taking a week off each October just to get caught up and cleaned up!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 22, 2011
4:54 PM

Post #8859554

Late again but i'm here :)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 23, 2011
6:51 AM

Post #8860014

Waving to all as I skip out. To the city to work on 3 Christmas quilts at fabric shop..got the Christmas bug for sure...
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 23, 2011
6:56 AM

Post #8860022

I am here.

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 23, 2011
6:57 AM

Post #8860025

We are going to be in the high 70's so hard to think of Christmas, I am skipping out to play in the yard!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

October 23, 2011
9:41 AM

Post #8860247

Oh, I am definitely in the mood for Christmas, but like you said, it's in the 70's here too and will be in the 80's later this week!

love you all, julie
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2011
12:32 PM

Post #8860413

We have a new participant!

1234dottie (Dottie) will be joining us. I know you all will give her a warm welcome.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2011
12:47 PM

Post #8860434

Hi Dottie. Glad to have you. This is lots of fun and I hope you enjoy it. :-)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 23, 2011
1:26 PM

Post #8860460

Hello Dottie! So glad you joined us! Is this your first swap?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 23, 2011
2:03 PM

Post #8860496

Welcome Dottie, great bunch of ladies here..

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 23, 2011
2:28 PM

Post #8860524

Hello, Dottie. Nice to have you with us.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 23, 2011
2:30 PM

Post #8860527

Hi Dottie! Welcome to Daves and you are gonna love this bunch of friends!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

October 23, 2011
2:54 PM

Post #8860546

Hey Dottie, welcome to the swaps. Your name will be easy to remember it was my moms nickname.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 23, 2011
3:56 PM

Post #8860637

have ya all noticed we are all in different states? I think that is cool.. Canada too! YAY!
1234dottie
Morgantown, WV

October 23, 2011
4:21 PM

Post #8860670

Yes I am new to this. It sounds like fun to me. Christmas this year has to be smaller here. I go way overboard with my grandkids this year I will not do it. This will give me something to think about besides my spoiled grandkids. lol I am guilty of spoiling at christmas time. I have 4 ages 7 - 3. I will look closer at the list and put the things I like. I do like getting surprises.
1234dottie
Morgantown, WV

October 23, 2011
4:29 PM

Post #8860679

Well
2 I love ornaments. Snowmen are my favorite.
4 Any kind of garden tool
10 I do not have any kind of garden flag, I also love windchimes

Now for me I am a pretty good baker. Any one want Christmas cookies?
You know with the icing lol.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2011
5:02 PM

Post #8860715

Dottie, We're all so glad you found us. One of these gals is gonna make sure Christmas this year is special just for you.

What a great observation, Debra. Betty's just across the border, but I would have never noticed we all live in different states. Neck of the Woods de ja vu...lol
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 24, 2011
9:06 AM

Post #8861490

Ohhh, I love Christmas Cookies, my nephews and nieces use to come over for a weekend in December. I would makes tons of cookies and icing and have them ready for when they came over. On Friday night when they were small we would see Santa and then go to resturant and have dinner like grown ups, then Saturday we made cookies and presents and I catered to their every whim and had a ball, we ate all the bad stuff, watched Christmas movies until everyone fell asleep, got up the next morning and started over again. Don't know if that made an impression on them but it is my fondest memory. The first cookies they made because I had all colors of icing, sprinkles and everyone had their own decorating tubes probably weighed about a pound a piece...rofl. My DH being the sweetie that he is and having a sweet tooth actually ate the cookies the kids gave him.They did this until my nephew was 17 if you can imagine that. I ask one year how long they would come and they told me they were coming even after they were married...well like all good things, kids grow up and now it is a fond memory. I should probably start it with my Grandniece and Granddaughter but honest I don't know if I have the engery anymore...;)

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

October 24, 2011
9:57 AM

Post #8861567

Cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My kids say I have CAD (cookie addiction disorder)!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I can't wait to start shopping for this swap. Gonna be so much fun! love, julie

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 24, 2011
11:56 AM

Post #8861739

STOP torturing me with the cookies,,,whaaaaaaaaaaaaa

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 24, 2011
1:15 PM

Post #8861844

Cookies? Who does not like cookies?
1234dottie
Morgantown, WV

October 24, 2011
3:03 PM

Post #8861966

Geeze cookies get a big response lol. I too have many memories of making christmas cookies with my kids. I know of at least five families that continue what started lol. Now people just want to eat the finished product and don't want to do all the work involved. I have had flour and sugar covering everything in my kitchen. While decorating cookies.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 24, 2011
3:51 PM

Post #8862030

Christmas makes me think of all kinds of cookies, especially Gingerbread...yum!

Wonder if we could find a cookie recipe for you, Elfie, that doesn't have butter or sugar? Is that possible?
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 24, 2011
4:41 PM

Post #8862089

lol susan dont forget gingerbread french toast
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 24, 2011
4:59 PM

Post #8862105

Liz, I've only had gingerbread cookies and cakes, and regular French toast with maple syrup. Sounds yummy though. How do you make yours?

Hey all you Elves, Two months from tonight is Christmas Eve!
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 24, 2011
5:03 PM

Post #8862109

just bake the gingerbread as it states, then the next day
slice it up, dip it in egg after its done i sprinkle with powder sugar
geeeez now im starving lol

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

October 24, 2011
7:49 PM

Post #8862389

Ooooo, can I get in on this trade, (should be done planting by then, lol.) I just love Christmas. I bake cookies galore, I am trying to teach my grandkids that there are cookies other than choc. chip, lol. I just love Belgin Christmas cookies, they are my fav.. I believe I'd like: #10 (would adore windhimes, hint hint) lol. #5, if possible a traditional (it's been 5 years since I've had a tree and most of my lights and ornaments were aquirred by my daughter and family. Love various Santas, of course, lol. and or #6. I didn't see anything about any elves, if my trade partner has one to spare that can dig and plant I would forever be grateful. LOL!!!!!! Pix is a watercolor that I did for my daughter's family last year (30"x36"). Later all, Kathy.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 24, 2011
8:51 PM

Post #8862461

Kathy, that is so cute! Love your talent!

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 24, 2011
9:12 PM

Post #8862477

OK, enough about cookies! Love making (and eating) Christmas cookies.

Look what I made for our seminar, adult cupcakes. Guiness cupcakes with Irish whiskey ganache in the center and Bailey's Buttercream Frosting. Got to work on my fancy piping though.

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 24, 2011
9:23 PM

Post #8862487

OMG,, I am going to just die on this swap!!!

lol

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 24, 2011
9:45 PM

Post #8862505

I think I just gained five pounds here tonight.. * drool*
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 25, 2011
4:02 AM

Post #8862626

You all are killing me.. a slow painful death by cookie!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 25, 2011
5:56 AM

Post #8862745

I would love to join this swap! Please count me in and I will be back a bit later with my likes/dislikes!

This message was edited Oct 25, 2011 7:57 AM

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 25, 2011
6:24 AM

Post #8862786

I can almost smell the cookies now!!!!
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

October 25, 2011
6:26 AM

Post #8862790

Oh! A cookie death - somebody bring the milk please.

Last year I decided to try all new Christmas cookie recipes and sent them all over the country to different relatives and they all voted on the ones they like the best. Truthfully, there were some that I thougth I would have to wrestle from my daughter to have enough to send out! It was fun though.

I recently found that my 4 year old neice loves making the cut out cookies, so I have decided I am going to start buying cookie cutters to tie to her Christmas gifts. This way, they will all be special to her and when she is an adult, she will have her own collection.

Don't you love Christmas?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 25, 2011
7:14 AM

Post #8862886

I sure hope my cupcakes are in the mail??? LOL!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 25, 2011
7:38 AM

Post #8862923

I can make cupcakes!!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 25, 2011
7:42 AM

Post #8862936

and cookies

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 25, 2011
7:42 AM

Post #8862937

and pie...

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 25, 2011
10:52 AM

Post #8863182

Ok Mud_Elf, I know the cupcakes are not for eating, but I also know you can make things out of clay I would probably eat, so are the cookies and pie real or ...? rofl.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

October 25, 2011
11:03 AM

Post #8863192

Carolyn I think that's a neat idea. I love making cookies and spent many years buying cutters. I had some that were very detailed but find that the plain old big shaped cutters are the easiest to use.

I have a pizzelle iron - mom loved them.

I also have a press.

Suppose if you let this kind of cat out of the bag folks will expect big things from you, eh Neener?

A.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 25, 2011
11:37 AM

Post #8863212

It is all polymer clay,...lol

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 25, 2011
11:38 AM

Post #8863214

I made these..

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 25, 2011
2:33 PM

Post #8863406

Joy, you're killing me with adult cupcakes. OMG how decadent!

Sweet treats, Elfie. All of them sure do look real.

Gotcha added Kathy and Debbie. What a fabulous bunch of Elves we have and room for plenty more in the workshop. Or should I say kitchen...lol

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 25, 2011
3:22 PM

Post #8863476

Not food,, but would like everyone's opinion...

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 25, 2011
3:23 PM

Post #8863479

and now for the finished product

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

October 25, 2011
3:30 PM

Post #8863492

Very cute, Elfie. :-)
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 25, 2011
3:31 PM

Post #8863494

Waving hi to Dottie.. welcome!!

Elfie..those are ADORABLE! great job!

And WWK, love the Christmas watercolor.. beautiful!

Boy, we sure have some talented people here! And Joy- I'd love to try one of those cupcakes, please lol

OH.. and Charleen, I've got a new Charley!! woohoo :) thank you!!

What can I show off??? Oh.. here's one :) Most of you know that I love photography.. and scrapbooking. Here's a picture I took :)

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 25, 2011
3:55 PM

Post #8863518

Very clever koi pond, Elfie. What did you use to mold the water? a pie plate?

What a beautiful shot, Chris. That's another one I think you should save and enter in the year-end Photo Contest.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 25, 2011
3:56 PM

Post #8863521

Elfie I just said to my Mom the other day that I was hungry for a candied apple. Darn those look good and no calories either!

Amanda you can bake for me anytime.

Way cool picture Chris!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 25, 2011
3:59 PM

Post #8863526

Thanks everyone. The pond is a broken candle holder covered in polymer clay the fish were a challenge.. Tiny stuff is HARD!!

((((((((((((((((((Chris)))))))))))))))))) been missing you!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 25, 2011
4:55 PM

Post #8863576

Love that photo Chris! So hard to catch a moving object like that!

Kris, I love those koi!!!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 25, 2011
6:31 PM

Post #8863729

Elfie I like your fish better than mine. May have to borrow an idea!!!

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 25, 2011
8:31 PM

Post #8863917

http://miniatures.about.com/od/makeminiatureanimals/ss/Make-Miniature-Butterfly-Koi-From-Polymer-Clay-For-Dollhouse-And-Model-Scenes.htm

Charlene,,, Here is the link to where I learned to make them!!
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 26, 2011
6:32 AM

Post #8864234

omg look at all of those baked goods!

now wouldnt all that go great with a big old glass of milk loaded with bosco chocolate syrup :)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 26, 2011
6:36 AM

Post #8864240

Thank you Elfie. You are a dear. I already have my first one made from reading thelink. Thank you, I love it.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 26, 2011
7:08 AM

Post #8864275

No problem Charlene,, Always glad to help someone. I have more links if you would like me to send them in a d-mail.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 26, 2011
8:33 AM

Post #8864358

I added it to my favorites, if you find anything, just pop it to me.
If I can help you let me know. Love to help too!!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 26, 2011
2:57 PM

Post #8864808

Death by chocolate, my kind of way to go, Liz.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 26, 2011

Post #8864982

Sure thing Charlene,, Sure wish I had some cookies here. Maybe I should just forget the diet. Not loosing any weight anyway...sigh

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

October 26, 2011
10:44 PM

Post #8865350

oh my goodness, college girl will go nutz when I show her all the talent on this thread..
especialy the fish pond.

I didn't know the goodies were not real until u said so, elfie. LOL

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 27, 2011
6:01 AM

Post #8865523

http://davesgarden.com/contest/2011-photography-contest/

Link for the photo contest.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2011
2:22 PM

Post #8866101

Thanks Linda Kay! Put in my two bird pics and will look through some of my others to see if I have anything else to put in.

Hooray!!!! Finally am getting some rain, gave up on it and sent my DH up to water my roses at the entrance to the farm. Bet he is mad as a wet hen about now. Or maybe I should say rooster.

Joy
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 28, 2011
4:22 AM

Post #8866636

Debra, you gotta watch Elfie, I just had a sneaking idea that those cookies weren't real. I thought they looked real, but after watching Elfie...I had to ask.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 28, 2011
6:57 AM

Post #8866768

~~~~~~~~~~waving to Dottie. Welcome ... you will have a blast here!

Cookies????? Cookie monster here. L-O-V-E cookies!!!

Elfie, those Koi are amazing! Are you putting them in your minature mermaid garden? Charleen, I think yours are cute!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2011
8:21 AM

Post #8866882

Couldn't have done it without Elfie guideing me. Thanks, how are you doing??

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 28, 2011
8:39 AM

Post #8866907

Sorry if I have not responded to any questions or comments. I have just spent the last 48 hours in unremitting pain. My temps bounced from 104 to 99 back to 103 then down to 101. My head has felt like a time bomb just ticking away till it explodes. It has been a hell of a ride and a ride I would have been glad to miss. The temp seem to have caused the Arthritis in my joints to get much worse. I have taken everything I can for it and at one point thought we might have to make the 65 mile drive to the hospital,,,sigh. But I woke up soaked this morning and temp is only 98 . So hopefully the worst is over. Best I can figure it is a severe sinus infection, If I move my head to fast it wants to rock my world in pain and it is horrible to sneeze or cough.

Char,, could I see a picture of the fish you made from the link I sent you? And be checking you d-mails I will be sending more links your way.

I hope I get a swap buddy who wants a mini tree, I think it would be fun to make everything for it. Especially if they wanted an unusual one. I could do that in a flash!! hee hee
And yes the pond is going in my Mermaid mini-garden from our mini-swap. I am very excited about finishing it. Maybe if I do better today I can work on it this weekend!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 28, 2011
8:42 AM

Post #8866915

Sorry your not feeling well Kris! Hope your feeling better real soon! ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))
1234dottie
Morgantown, WV

October 28, 2011
10:01 AM

Post #8866994

Kris

So sorry you have been sick. Me and my husband is battiling with cold as well. Ugh I'm tired of it as well.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2011
10:51 AM

Post #8867040

Here are my Koi. Elfie. I also made a bonsai tree and got it sitting in garden with them...they are in their pond and it is on a bench.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 28, 2011
1:06 PM

Post #8867122

Very nice!!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2011
4:18 PM

Post #8867350

Oh, but Elfie, I loved yours too. Even more, because you shared with me. Hugs girl..(((Elfie)))

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 28, 2011
4:43 PM

Post #8867375

Temp is back to over 103,, what is this?? I had a flu shot 1 month ago. Never got even a little sick since... And what is really bad. My normal temp is around 97 degrees!!Going to put Ice pack on head...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 28, 2011
5:01 PM

Post #8867391

I have a small white tree so i have my hands up for Mini oddball ornaments for my tree from any one :)
love crafty people :)))
hot MASH tatter donuts READY TO EAT Bring me some coffee just got daddy into bed just waiting for jim &Jan to get home so i can go out to my house & get some sleep . its been a long day . good night all .

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 28, 2011
5:04 PM

Post #8867393

Mashed tater donuts?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 28, 2011
5:35 PM

Post #8867425

YEP MMMMMMM GOOD

POTATO DONUTS

MIX DRY ING
6 C FLOUR
2 C SUGAR
4 TEAS B POWDER
2 TEAS SODA
2 TEAS NUTMEG

ADD TO LIQUID ING

MIX WELL
3 EGGS
2 TEAS VANILLA
2 C BUTTER MILK
6 TBS OR 1/2 C CORN OIL
2 C MASHED POTATOES

MIX ALL TOG EATHER ADD MORE FLOUR AS NEEDED THEN REFRIGERATE COUPLE HOURS THEN ROLL OUT ROLLING OUT TO 1/4 " DEEP FRY IN OIL . THEN ENJOY .

TIME TO GO HOME BCK IN THE MORNING .

SUSIE

This message was edited Oct 29, 2011 7:57 AM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 29, 2011
4:33 AM

Post #8867724

A must try Susie
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 29, 2011
5:12 AM

Post #8867746

There are no potatoes in the donuts ?

Mud Elf, hope you feel better!!

Love all the koi, super cute.

OMG...Guiness cupcakes with Irish whiskey ganache in the center and Bailey's Buttercream Frosting. Those sound like pure heaven!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 29, 2011
6:09 AM

Post #8867789

OK I CORRECTED IT SO SORRY MY BROTHER HAD JUST CAME HOME WHILE I WAS TYPING IT OUT :)
I find that if i mix in 7 c;s of flour then refigerate it will roll out better, & easier to cut out ;0
have a great day ,
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 29, 2011
7:43 AM

Post #8867864

Elfie ... please post pics when you get your mermaid garden finished. Feel better! HUGS

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 29, 2011
9:32 AM

Post #8867977

I'd like to see it too Elfie. Sister of the Clay...☺

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 29, 2011
9:37 AM

Post #8867987

I would just like to feel better...sigh...
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 29, 2011
4:02 PM

Post #8868387

Those donuts sound wonderful! Wish DH could eat stuff like that again...dang. I would hate to make that all for me, course I could eat them all I am sure...rofl

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 29, 2011

Post #8868438

Heavens forbid don't ask me how many these fingers picked up to munch lets just say I LIKE THE HOLES :)))) & End pieces That cannot be rerolled :)
can you tell just a few for My coffee in the Morning :) If I Win Our Bet JIM Has to Make us DINNER Tomorrow :)))
It has been quite a day . My FEET Hurt so it is time to put them up :)
GN All

Thumbnail by deejay9

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 29, 2011
6:44 PM

Post #8868569

Yum! I like the little donut holes too. Your recipe sounds so easy even the lousy baker I am could make them.

How are you doing, Dottie and Kris? Feeling better I hope :)

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2011
7:30 AM

Post #8868976

ClanCampbell wrote:I made it :) And here are my choices finally!

#2- I like Santa Clauses best, I guess- really, no preference here

Have a great day..it's sure going to be pretty here today. They're saying 69 today and 73 tomorrow..woohoo!

Hey, my dear Fruitness.. you don't have my choices up at the top yet.. :) Didn't want you to miss them lol

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2011
7:38 AM

Post #8868998

It has taken me a bit but here are my choices: Sorry, I can't pick just 2!

#2, 6, 8, 10...out of these 4 I think I would go with #2 and #8 but would definitely be happy with anything my buddy chooses!

Thanks!

Debbie
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 30, 2011
9:36 AM

Post #8869143

Thanks for the reminder, Missy Clan!
A lot of you ladies helped with the suggestions. Glad you enjoyed the pickin', Debbie...lol
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2011
10:00 AM

Post #8869168

Hard to think of Christmas, we are above normal and going to have a great temp on Halloween, feel for you all along the east coast with snow on the trees we had that here one year and destroyed sooooo many trees, trees with leaves and snow just do not mix.

I want to make something depending on who I get, but names Nov 12 and mailing Dec 3 (I know fruity I am always late..rofl, well not always, sometimes I mail early and forget...rofl), I can't work on anything thru the week, well I could but I am just too lazy, that just leaves weekends for me, what to do what to do...rofl

Edited to remove stupidity...rofl...

This message was edited Oct 30, 2011 4:30 PM

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 30, 2011
10:18 AM

Post #8869192

When do we get our names????Please.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 30, 2011
10:50 AM

Post #8869234

Susie, are the mashed potatoes made from scratch, or do you use instant potatoes?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 30, 2011
10:57 AM

Post #8869240

I FEEL BETTER,, NO,,, I FEEL GREAT.. !!!!!!!!!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2011
11:47 AM

Post #8869293

ridesaredmule, signups stop on Nov 12 and names shortly after according to the top of the forum.

Elfie, glad you are over whatever you had...

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 30, 2011
3:08 PM

Post #8869489

I want name now!!! lol

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 30, 2011
3:10 PM

Post #8869491

warriorswisdomkathy / Kathy ,, I beez a lazy useless elf,, you no want no mud_elf,, nosireee,, nope,, no dirt diggin elf here...
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 30, 2011
3:31 PM

Post #8869513

If ya'll want to, we can bump up the cut-off date for sign-ups to next Sunday, November 6th. That's the same night Daylight Saving Time ends and we "Fall Back"...ugh.
You'd be assigned your buddy by either LK or me a couple of days later. How's that sound having an earlier cut-off date?

There's always a little lee way of a few days for the mail-out date, but I really do want everyone to receive their goodies way before Christmas.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2011
3:34 PM

Post #8869515

Ok how many of you can't wait to open presents on Christmas? I am horrible, you don't want to tell me my present is in the house because I will clean areas of the house I haven't seen in years to try and find it...rofl. I have even been know to wander thru the garage on several occasions... ;)
Hate it when they are under the tree cause I will walk by and have to poke and carry on, really bad thing is I don't want to know what it is and if I figure it out I am heart broken...rofl.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2011
3:36 PM

Post #8869520

Made of the real Mccoye from scratch all the way makes about 3-4 dozen mine are about gone dad ,Jim7jan steal one every time they walk pass then jan just took 1/2 dozen to her kids & then the 1/2 doz or so that i ate :0 & 1/2 doz to carol my Neighbor :)

they are easy to make just keep adding flour till the stickyness is gone so you can roll out to about 1/4' unless you want thicker ones .
these are the best you will ever want to eat once you try them . I just deep fry them i granola oil in my LG Fry pan .

well world news my goodess the snow storm our news say up to 98" of snow predicted this year I sure hope not .
gn all

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

October 30, 2011
3:41 PM

Post #8869533

LOL, Happ, a big kid at heart? ♥♥♥

Sounds good to me, Fruit.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2011
3:47 PM

Post #8869541

Happ i don't have to worry about anyone hiding gifts in those uncleaned places its just been daddy & i & the only one to shop is me daddy is blind so i know he can't hide anything :) that why i like to play in these swaps ;)
well guess i will go check out a couple other sites .

susie

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2011
3:48 PM

Post #8869544

same here fruit

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 30, 2011
4:12 PM

Post #8869582

Elfie, it will be o.k. We will have time to make something (I hope)
Thank you, Joyce for the info.
I can't keep secrets worth a toot either. But I sure like to try.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 30, 2011
5:05 PM

Post #8869644

Sign-Up ENDS Saturday, November 6th, and you’ll receive your Buddy’s name shortly afterwards in a D-mail from either LK or me. Reveal your Secret Santa when you receive your package. Please Priority Mail your package with a Delivery Confirmation number no later than the week of December 5th. Keep your receipt handy or D-mail the Delivery Confirmation number you used to either LK or me, depending on which one of us assigned your Buddy. NEVER post tracking numbers directly on our threads.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 30, 2011
5:58 PM

Post #8869712

Haa.. knew if I whinnied long enough...lol

Right now there is the war of the cats in the RV.. We have a visitor and Patches is NOT happy!!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 30, 2011
6:28 PM

Post #8869742

Ya'll know I'm easy and it wasn't hard to twist my arm to bump up the date. I'm anxious to get my Buddy's name too. Plus I figured an extra week would give us more time to make a handmade item if your buddy requested one. Our wants are just guidelines, though, and the final results will be up to your secret Elf.

Edited to say...No pun intended, Elfie...lol

This message was edited Oct 30, 2011 8:29 PM

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 30, 2011
6:35 PM

Post #8869747

lol
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 30, 2011
7:08 PM

Post #8869776

You know you're my favorite Elf!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 30, 2011
7:37 PM

Post #8869796

Just created a FB page for us budding minature artists...lol LK is an enabler
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 30, 2011
8:05 PM

Post #8869812

I'm not on FB so ya'll have fun.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 30, 2011
8:46 PM

Post #8869855

Well ya could always join us on the dark side,,,lol
1234dottie
Morgantown, WV

October 30, 2011
10:14 PM

Post #8869929

I'm glad also you bumped up the date.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 31, 2011
4:33 AM

Post #8870023

I get to FB maybe once a week if I am really bored. I'm rarely that bored though. :0)

Froots I guess I'll just continue to follow along for the fun. I kept hoping that maybe the spirit would move me to join, but so far no luck.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 31, 2011
4:53 AM

Post #8870048

Come on Neener, you can join us? This will be fun!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 31, 2011
6:45 AM

Post #8870192

I signed up on it. Already saw a couple of great ideas. mainly the little gourd houses on plant stand...

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 31, 2011
7:32 AM

Post #8870250

Neener.. Please come play with us,,, you could make little bitty card art for my ,,,hint, hint,,,

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 31, 2011
8:01 AM

Post #8870290

HEY EVERYONE LK won the mini garden for Halloween on FB!! Whoopee!!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 31, 2011
8:10 AM

Post #8870299

How wonderful??? Yea!!! LK
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 31, 2011
8:17 AM

Post #8870311

OK someone dmail me or something what in the world is FB, I know, least I think LK is Linda Kay, course I am horrible with names, so attaching LK with her DG name without my cheast sheet is fruitless (no pun intended fruity)!

Come on Neener, it will be funnnnnnnn!

Awhhhh darn Susie, don't give up hope you just never know when Santa will deliver a surprise, course now you have your Brother and Sis-inlaw close by.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 31, 2011
8:56 AM

Post #8870379

FB is Facebook. And since we were not sure of the rules here on DG about swapping, selling, trading the mini-garden stuff we make we decided to do a group page on Facebook so as to have a home of our own.. Plus is really much easier to show our work!!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

October 31, 2011
8:57 AM

Post #8870380

Is it the 6th yet. I'm anxious to get started.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 31, 2011
9:10 AM

Post #8870402

Are we there yet??

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

October 31, 2011
9:22 AM

Post #8870423

Almost. :-)
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

October 31, 2011
10:19 AM

Post #8870492

Thank you, that never even crossed my mind what that stood for...rofl. I was racking my little brain...geez, so easy when you know. Just never hear anyone talking about it on here...

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

October 31, 2011
11:13 AM

Post #8870563

I'm not on FB ... so can anyone post a picture of the winning mini-garden for us to see here? Or is that against a rule somewhere that I don't know about? ;-)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 31, 2011
11:18 AM

Post #8870568

Here it is!
Kris made the witch for me, I bought the skeletons, and tombstones. I made the cornstalks.

Thumbnail by taters55

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 31, 2011
11:22 AM

Post #8870573

That is one ugly witch...lol

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 31, 2011
12:21 PM

Post #8870623

I love that witch!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

October 31, 2011
1:03 PM

Post #8870677

Thanks, LK. Good job, you two. So how did you get people to vote?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 31, 2011
1:04 PM

Post #8870678

They liked the picture!!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

October 31, 2011
1:06 PM

Post #8870682

Yah, but who is "they"?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 31, 2011
1:27 PM

Post #8870727

Anyone on facebook could vote, either from the miniature site or friends.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

October 31, 2011
1:34 PM

Post #8870740

Got it. :-)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 31, 2011
3:01 PM

Post #8870854

She got a lot of "Likes" Is so cute.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 31, 2011
3:27 PM

Post #8870878

Congrats again, LK! The whole scene is utterly bewitching...lol

Well, Neener, I understand and it's OK. Please stay and chat with us though.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 31, 2011
5:31 PM

Post #8871033

Happy Halloween everyone!!

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 31, 2011
5:43 PM

Post #8871050

Cool, Char. Did you make those?! That leaf man is especially neat.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 1, 2011
6:30 AM

Post #8871609

Yes, I love the leaf men. They are small 1/12.
Thank you.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2011
6:50 AM

Post #8871639

Char,,, can you show me how you make them?

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 1, 2011
7:09 AM

Post #8871667

Very easy, roll out clay I have a round cutter to cut out clay with. Cut 2 circles. I cut the face for pumkin, then Cut a strip of clay long enough to go around circle. Gently do the face first just join the face to the base, then put on the back and shape til you like it. I made the lids from orange and made a little stem for top.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2011
1:24 PM

Post #8872142

Sorry I meant the green leafman. you can do it in a dmail if you like
Thanks

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 1, 2011
4:06 PM

Post #8872337

Yes, they take a little longer.
This is my first one.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

November 1, 2011
4:10 PM

Post #8872347

you all are so crafty

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 1, 2011
4:19 PM

Post #8872364

Charleen, did you use a mold for the green man?

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 1, 2011
4:20 PM

Post #8872365

Got Too much time on our hands I guess ☺☺

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2011
4:50 PM

Post #8872414

Really, Cause lately I feel pressed for time,,,sigh.. Must be cause I am still feeling great one minute and bad the next?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 1, 2011
4:59 PM

Post #8872426

Love it, Char.

Elfie, is your crud still hanging on?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2011
5:00 PM

Post #8872428

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcxZM6bWQp8&feature=relmfu

Yes

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 1, 2011
6:32 PM

Post #8872595

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1228096/
Here's the link, everyone please go check it out and let me know how you like it.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2011
6:42 PM

Post #8872612

Went to it!! And Friday when Ralph is at work I will be doing one,,or two,, or three!!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

November 1, 2011
9:45 PM

Post #8872837

Gosh, what talent we all have, lol!!! Mud..love all the clay figures and lol ref. not digging or doing gardening as an elf, I was kinda hoping for an available male, lol!!!! ... Clan.. what a wonderful pix, should enter it in Dave's photo contest, I entered the rocking horse pix above. How long did ya have to wait for that bee to come around? lol. And is that a white penstemon?...Dee.. My mom used to make that type of donut, just loved them!!!!! What fun... Gosh due for more snow tonight, they just upped the amount to 12" and blizzard warning are out tonight. They said thunder snow is falling west of me and when that happens they said to look for 2" of snow per hour, ickkkk!! Just began raining allitle while ago, can I share with anyone? Please!!!!! lol. I guess this is payback for lack of snow last year. Later all, Kathy. Pix is aniversary cake for my daughter and son-in-law, My grandkids made the flowers and leaves. I try to teach them about cooking and baking. I took a cake decorating class at Micheals and am teaching the g.kids, also am teaching them to paint.

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

November 2, 2011
3:45 AM

Post #8872947

How wonderful! What a great thing to do with the gkids.

You all are so talented...haven't found mine yet.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 2, 2011
3:53 AM

Post #8872954

Paula you're talented. You raise your children and teach them. That's a huge talent as far as I'm concerned. Couldn't handle that deal for anything. :)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

November 2, 2011
4:17 AM

Post #8872973

Wow Kathy!

You must be a great teacher for the Gkids to have made those roses and leaves on that beautiful cake. I got into cake decorating with my baking there for a while, but then I got too many cats and couldn't leave stuff around...

G'morning ladies - have a good one. :)

A.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 2, 2011
4:18 AM

Post #8872974

Char -

that is adorable. Can you color it so he has an antiquey look?

Kathy - I always wanted to learn cake decorating... I bought the tools, now I just need to figure it out... you have done such a beautiful job, any tips you can throw my way?

This message was edited Nov 2, 2011 7:19 AM

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 2, 2011
6:10 AM

Post #8873063

Yes, I have powders, I've never tried it but may give it a try. The last pic has a gloss on it.
Tip, don't give up and enjoy it. You can always smush it together and start back.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

November 2, 2011
12:10 PM

Post #8873420

Caroline22...yes have tips. Check to see if your local Hobby Lobby or Micheals has classes. I took all 3, were $20 each and were easy and inexpensive I thought. If not get some of the wilton books for teaching methods, think there is also a dvd available. Start with the basics and practice, practice, practice. Thats what I was doing with the gkids when they asked if they could help, even the boys, especially when I told them they could eat some of the mistakes, lol. Come to think of it maybe I did make the roses, lol. I also took classes on fondant, I need lots of practice with that, I do have the books and other supplies tho. Ever watch any of the shows on HGTV, such as Cake Boss and the others that show decorating, wonderful ideas, hope I get that good one day. Just make a batch of frosting and begin playing, Oh gosh I meant practicing. Lol. Can always scrape up the mistakes and put back in the bag. If any turn out good, I dry them and put into a box for later use. Kathy. Pix is gingerbread house from a kit the girls and I worked on. And GAgirl, I didn't spend time teaching my daughter these things as I was always working, but after retiring I filled my time with learning new things and am sharing these things with my gkids now. So just try many things til you find things that you have a passion for, remember to enjoy and you will get better, whatever the endevor.

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 2, 2011
2:07 PM

Post #8873535

Kathy

the Gingerbread house is adorable. How did you get it to look like snow dropping from the roof?

I did not know that Michaels had classes. I did email Le Gourmet Chef to see if they had some classes and unfortunately, they do not... I will have to look into the Wilton books and DVDS'. I know my sister hits Wilton's tent sales every summer. I wonder if she can find me some good deals...

thanks for the heads up.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

November 2, 2011
2:26 PM

Post #8873549

Carolyn.. Also check out there websight, they have scads of info there also. I bought most of my supplies when Michael's had a 50% off coupon. The dripping snow was started at the top edge of the roof and just let it drip down.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 2, 2011
2:46 PM

Post #8873568

Just back from hobby lobby.. spent a fortune!!!!!!! Ralph is not happy.. well he just says that...lol But I had fun,,,

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

November 2, 2011
4:50 PM

Post #8873738

...while i was making up me mind...yall moved!! but good Irish lassie that i am...i followed the smell of the Bailey's! think i will jist sit under the table, licking me figers with all that icing...mmmmmmmm! an watch yall! dont forgit i'm under here when yall turn the lights out!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 2, 2011
5:11 PM

Post #8873770

Jax, it's not too late to add your name to the list!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 2, 2011
6:02 PM

Post #8873838

We're moving again, Jax...lol and the rest of us Elves...
Sorry this one got so long (Carole).

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1228218/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America