Photo by Melody

Article: Leaf blower or rake and broom: where do you stand?: Rake!I wish

Communities > Forums > Article: Leaf blower or rake and broom: where do you stand?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Leaf blower or rake and broom: where do you stand?Replies: 1, Views: 4
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
quiltjean
North Chelmsford, MA
(Zone 6b)

October 23, 2011
9:27 AM

Post #8860237

I live in a 400+unit townhouse complex. During this season the air is full of noxious fumes and noise, not just from little blowers but from huge fans on wheels. What they do to my foundation planted perennials is obscene. When I see them approaching my large garden out back I run out and stand there like an idiot shaking my head and making (family friendly) gestures. (I don't speak their language) to assure that they leave the garden alone.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 23, 2011
5:13 PM

Post #8860730

Sounds frustrating!
Plus they wouldn't be able to hear you if you could speak to them, over the noise.
Good luck; thanks for reading!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Leaf blower or rake and broom: where do you stand? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Gas Blowers are Air Polluters too Elphaba 4 Oct 12, 2011 10:07 AM
Rake and Broom All the Way! BennysPlace 5 Oct 20, 2011 9:55 PM
I use both Gitagal 4 Nov 30, 2011 1:09 PM
Use mowers azulverde 1 Oct 17, 2011 5:30 PM
Either way, DON'T BURN! farmlife 1 Oct 19, 2011 9:56 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America