Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Indoor Gardening and Houseplants: Lemon Grass as a houseplant ??

Communities > Forums > Indoor Gardening and Houseplants
bookmark
Forum: Indoor Gardening and HouseplantsReplies: 2, Views: 43
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gasrocks
Portage, WI
(Zone 5a)

October 23, 2011
11:26 AM

Post #8860361

Anyone tired this?
Vadis
Alum Bridge, WV

October 24, 2011
9:33 PM

Post #8862493

When I had my greenhouse I would overwinter large pots of Lemongrass for neighbors and for myself. There were no problems but the herb made little growth. A few years ago I closed my greenhouse because I could no longer affort to heat it and a friend took over the task using a bright window in his heated (60 degrees) garage. His results were rather the same as mine. In both cases, in mid May the pots were returned to their outdoor locations to make growth and to be used as needed.

I would not recomend using it as a houseplant, but the arrangement I described works well. Good luck...
gasrocks
Portage, WI
(Zone 5a)

October 24, 2011
9:41 PM

Post #8862501

OK, kinda what I thought the answer might be: requires a lot of heat, humidity and sun and does not grow fast enough to be useful for the cooks in the house. Thanks.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Indoor Gardening and Houseplants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
anyone know how to root norwalk pines?? tom1953 4 Jun 14, 2010 5:43 PM
Ant's in my Plants! millertime71 9 Aug 26, 2009 6:53 PM
Houseplant Photos jdee 31 Apr 5, 2013 5:45 AM
Variegated Begonia Semperflorens mkjones 9 Jul 26, 2007 5:39 PM
A couple of silly questions... danak 9 Jun 18, 2012 6:01 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America