Photo by Melody

Article: Variegation in Plants (and in some of my favorites): You are a gem to Dave's Garden

Communities > Forums > Article: Variegation in Plants (and in some of my favorites)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Variegation in Plants (and in some of my favorites)Replies: 2, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Clare_CA

(Zone 10b)

October 24, 2011
11:00 AM

Post #8861638

Well, color me happy to find an article on variegated plants this morning. Yay! Thank you so much for writing this and putting together so many wonderful pictures. I supposed you had to limit your pictures so that the article wouldn't be an actual book, but I could have sent you pictures of variegated bananas, adeniums, and plumerias that I have;-) Still, your article is terrific and very informative. We were just talking about variegated plants over at this thread, and I posted some pictures just the other day: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/448327/

I'm delighted to learn that my variegated Caroyta mitis will do okay outside in full sun. May I ask you to look at the picture below and let me know if I can plant this one outside or whether I should wait until it gets a little bigger?

Also, to tap into two areas of your expertise that overlap, my coonhound keeps eating my Pleioblastus fortunei Dwarf Whitestripe Bamboo. Could that be bad for him? If it is, I'll get rid of it.

Thanks again for sharing your vast knowledge and love for a variety of plants. You are such an asset to this community.

Best,
Clare

Thumbnail by Clare_CA
Click the image for an enlarged view.

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

October 24, 2011
11:16 AM

Post #8861666

Caryota mitis is OK in full sun in Hawaii.. not sure about in a harsher climate... great plant though!
Clare_CA

(Zone 10b)

October 24, 2011
11:21 AM

Post #8861677

Thanks, Geoff. I'll keep in inside then for a while:-) Thanks for the great links that you provided at the end of your article. I've been perusing the palm and cycad one, and I can't believe the beauties there. I agree with you about the future of variegated plants. I think they'll continue to fascinate for a long time to come.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Variegation in Plants (and in some of my favorites) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Excellent burien_gardener 0 Oct 24, 2011 3:42 AM
Informative granitegneiss 0 Oct 24, 2011 5:22 AM
Wonderfully Comprehensive Jennifer6 1 Oct 24, 2011 7:24 AM
Double happy I am. TWO articles by Geoff cyrd 0 Oct 24, 2011 10:56 AM
Wonderful, as always! vossner 0 Oct 24, 2011 11:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America