darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

October 25, 2011
6:03 AM

Post #8862759

I don't bake bread much anymore, but when I did, my winter kitchen temps were pretty low for proofing. I just saw this and thought it was interesting.

"Brød & Taylor Folding Proofer makes wholesome, made-from-scratch baking easier than ever with an optimum proofing environment plus easy storage. Set it lower for a longer “cool rise” or turn up the heat to give your yeast a boost on a cold winter day. A large window gives you a full view of the spacious interior where your largest bowl or full sized loaves fit easily. There’s no need to cover your dough as the included water tray keeps humidity at an optimum level.

The Brød & Taylor Folding Proofer creates a consistent temperate environment for rising your favorite yeast dough recipes. Whether you’re baking sourdough, gluten free, whole grain or traditional recipes – your home kitchen can now perform up to professional standards. No more improvising with unreliable, dangerous, inconvenient or oversized substitutions.

In fact, you can even use this multifunctional kitchen tool to make wholesome home-made yogurt, temper and hold chocolate, and even keep chips, crackers and cookies crisp longer."

Brød & Taylor Folding Proofer
http://brodandtaylor.com/how-it-works/

Thumbnail by darius
Click the image for an enlarged view.

HoneybeeNC

HoneybeeNC
Charlotte, NC
(Zone 7b)

October 25, 2011
1:00 PM

Post #8863305

darius - when I bake bread, I let it rise in the oven. Warm oven to the "warm" setting. Turn off the oven, place covered bowl in oven and let dough rise.

My only thought with the device you showed is whether the plastic gets warm. I'm always cautious about plasic wandering into my food and try to avoid using it whenever possible.

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

October 26, 2011
5:33 AM

Post #8864161

I try to stay away from it too, and I think Laurel is also concerned about that. But I just forwarded your info to a friend who is on a bread-baking binge right now because her house is too chilly for her dough to rise in the winter!

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

October 26, 2011
6:25 AM

Post #8864222

Although I also avoid using plastics, the temps for making yogurt and proofing bread are low enough not to be a concern for me personally.

It's an expensive gadget but I can see where it would be handy.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cooking Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cooking Questions Answered MistyMeadows 385 Dec 3, 2009 5:25 AM
Classic Cooking Answers`& Advice TwinLakesChef 8 Mar 9, 2010 4:23 PM
Memorable kitchen mishaps McCool 81 Jul 25, 2007 4:28 AM
Kraft Food's "Food & Family" magazine... WUVIE 20 Apr 2, 2009 3:09 PM
Wanted: No Fail Sponge Recipe leelovespigs 45 Dec 2, 2009 6:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America