My new curtain

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

I did the valance like a penny rug and stitched it like a penny rug.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

Very cute I wish I could get done as much as you do. Nice work as always
Cher

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

Thank you, I can't stand for my hands to be idle. If I sit down I have to be doing something or be asleep. heheh
I am working on the second valance but it will have 5 tabs instead of the 4. I should have done 5 on that one too. Oh well. I'm not going to tell are you?? heheh

(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

nope not a word lol

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

very nice!

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

Finally done. I won't do that again. I love the way it all turned out and it makes me happy and my Dear Sweet Hubby likes it and thats all that matters.
I wasn't going to add any thing to the bottom but decided that maybe a little shear would be nice and give me a little more privacy. It faces my back yard and I don't really worry about anyone looking in but you never know who might want to take a peek at my gorgeous body, hehehe. just kidding.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Lexington Park, MD

very nice and I love the country colors. I think I need to look into penny rugs.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

In addition, there is always the satisfaction of knowing that yours are totally unique and no body else has them. They are terrific by the way.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow! Those are wonderful! Love the colors?

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

very nice job!

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

:) very nice Jan, I have always liked that design...with the house and tree

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

How did I miss this thread?? GREAT valance, this is beautiful project!

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

Awww... thanks Pat. I really love them. I am going to be painting my kitchen cupboards a spanish tile red and I just got a new kitchen floor.

A while back I saw pictures of some of your projects... including an AWESOME floor design!!! I think it was your entry. OH MY!!

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

Nope don't think it was mine. I did get a new kitichen floor but thats all.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Pretty floor, is it laminate? We just installed a laminate floor in the studio rental. It took the renter and I an afternoon to do his large room and hall.

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

Yes it is but the owner of the house did it and since this house is older then he is he just sort of did a okay job but at least I got rid of the indoor outdoor that was in there. Can you imagine. It only took me 5 years to get them to put a regular floor in the kitchen. Lucky that I am a very careful person and never had any major catastrophes on the carpet.

there was carpet in this kitchen when we moved in here !!! Off white !! :( not with three guys, a dog, and a bunch of birds!!! the first thing we did was pull it up !!! that was 11 years ago.

dining room has carpet too, that is going next!! finally bought tile to put in there. last year...and it has been one thing or another...stopping us from getting it put down. I am thinking I am gonna get the Sailor, to help his brother...pull out the carpet after Christmas...Maybe I will have a new dining room by Valentines day???

Thunder, wouldn't that be NICE!

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

I was noticing that when he did the lip from the kitchen to the living room that the carpet we use is just laid over another carpet. That makes me nauseous. I wish it were out house I would rip it up in a flash but that will just have to wait till I can afford to have new carpet put in here at my expense. I don't think that we will be moving anytime soon so as long as we are going to be here we might as well have something nice and we will leave something nicer then when we moved in. We always leave our leases or rentals 100% better then when we moved into them.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I had carpet in the dining room when we moved in here. It was orange, it's gone now. There was hardwood underneath.

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

Truly? Why on earth would anyone cover up hardwood floors. I guess its a sign of the times. I for one would rather have hardwood throughout my home. It makes it so much nicer to clean and just have nice rugs on top.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

all my floors are hardwood, they covered all og them up. I now have just rugs on them after pulling up all the carpet.

all of my floors are 1950 linoleum covered by 1960 linoleum, covered with carpet...two bathrooms had / have tile floors. we tiled the kitchen very soon after moving in.. dining room will be done??? as soon as hubs is recovered enough from surgery to be able to supervise...I am thinking I might have a new dining room by May! big "might"

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

hehe, yea I know all about those Mights.... hehehe I do all the stuff around the house so I would be waiting a long time if I waited for him. Just not one of his priorities,.

well my son and I will be doing the work, but we have never tiled before, and hubs has...so he will supervise....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.