5" Holiday Charm Swap Part 4

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

Continued from: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1222976

This swap is FULL.
How it works: Each person on the list will send out Nine 5" x 5" blocks to each person on the list and receive Nine blocks back. When the swap is done you will have 117 blocks (nine from each person listed). Use 100% cotton fabric only please. Each block should be different unless the member states that duplicates are alright.

Deadline: October 31, 2011 ****NEW**** extended it just a tad hope no one minds.

1) SewSassee (Bev): Fall, Halloween, Christmas, Novelty (prefer novelty prints to colors)
2) BarefootT (Thunder): Pinks, Greens & Purples (the brighter the better, any in those tones) *duplicates ok*
3) Psychw2 (Pat): Halloween,Thanksgiving, Tractors, Chickens or Novelty *duplicates ok*
4) Abbisgranma (Marion): Fall,Thanksgiving *duplicates ok*
5) ElaineAnn1 (Elaine): Winter, Christmas
6) Canadastrid (Astrid): Everything
7) Quilter5bdsr (Barb): Fall (e.g. reds, oranges, golds, browns, etc)
8) Thea1962 (Thea): Everything *duplicates ok*
9) Kizmo (Kathy): Halloween, Thanksgiving, Fall
10) MorknotMindy (Gloria M): Christmas, Winter
11) BettyPauze (Betty): Halloween or Christmas
12) Housse301 (Laura): Christmas *duplicates ok*
13) Mittsy: Christmas or 30's reproductions

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

It was time for a new thread. So, how is everyone doing on their charms? I am still missing from about 3 people. I have sent all of mine out.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Mine have all been mailed...

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

So have mine.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Mine, too. I was showing the blocks to my mom and she thought that it was nice that each of the grandkids are getting their own Christmas quilt. I think that each one is nicer than the last, and I would be happy with any one of them. I talked to Lisa this morning and she wanted the lavender charm squares now as she is working on her MIL's gift whenever she can fit a little sewing in. I asked her if she wanted strips or precut, and she chose the precuts as it allows her to assemble rows faster. I cut everything to 5" squares and mailed them all out. It was a nice plump package. She's going to let me know if she needs more or if she is set. Today I did a little embroidery on my chambray shirt. It will be worn during or Thanksgiving get together.

The wax dip is really great. My fingers are pain free and flexible. Only problem is getting my rings off before dipping. They come off easier in the morning than at night, probably too much salt.

Mittsy, let me know if more lavenders/purples are needed as I discovered I have a large selection of the colors.

Mittsy, I sent large pieces in case she wanted some sashing or bindings....

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Mine have all gone out very early in the swap. I'm looking forward to gettng them MADE up!!

All I can think about is how much I want to try embroidering on denim. I really like that cool denim rag vest. Going to check on the local thrift shop to see if I can find a large size full skirted jumper. It's so much easier to do the embroidery on a large piece of fabric.

Lexington Park, MD

Mailing my charms out today. Spent all day yesterday going to Pa. A friend of mine is trying her hand a quilting and I told her about Burkholders and road trip it was.
Amazing store and beautiful land. But sooooo tired today. But trip was worth it.

Saskatoon, Canada

mittsy, just put a little piece of tape around your rings, that way the wax won't stick to it.
I'm an esthetician and give a lot of paraffin dips..that is what I do when clients can't get their rings off.

Oh and to all...my charmes are all mailed..should arrive any time now.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Mine have all been mailed...

Thank you Astrid, I'll try that. tape hint.
mittsy

Hillsboro, NH

Hey all, I found you....sorry I haven't talked to you lately but my back has been hurting ALOT!!!

Anyway, I think I can start sending pics of my 5" squares. I was given some suggestions from....(OH NO, I forgot your name!!!!!!!)

Thumbnail by ElaineAnn1
Hillsboro, NH

BTW I sent out all my squares......

Marion, received your packet ...LOVED them..thanks

Mittsy, I have finally decided on what I am going to do for you in exchange for the beautiful embroidered pieces.. gonna be a surprise...LOVE the "bonus gift"

Saskatoon, Canada

This is what I have done so far with my (Christmas) charms

Thumbnail by Canadastrid
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Elaine...hope you are feeling better soon. Guess you and Barb are getting pounded with snow right now!!! Stay safe.

Astrid...WOW that is just beautiful...what a great way to use up the charms, did you designed this yourself?. I think I see some of the charms I send you...guess that answers my question if you received them...lol
I received yours as well last week...thank you so so much and I hope I can be as creative with my charms as you have been.

These are the charms from Astrid

Thumbnail by Thea1962
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Also received these beautiful charms from Bev!! Just love all the Halloween charms...it is so neat to see how much more Halloween fabrics you have in the USA compared to us here in Canada. Thank you so much for the charms and the Extras!!!

Thumbnail by Thea1962
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

And these beauties came from Thunder. A great mixture of everything!! Vielen herzlichen Dank (I remember you took german in school...lol) Can`t wait to start playing with them.

Thumbnail by Thea1962
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

And last but not least beautiful Fall Charms from Barb!! Btw. Barb...you gave me already the charms when I visited you!!!! Thank you soooooo much for everything!! Miss you tons and can`t wait until spring to see you again.

Thumbnail by Thea1962
Saskatoon, Canada

No it was not my own idea, last week we had a huge quiltshow in Saskatoon and i bought a book, called.
'Tis the season, (quilts and other comforts) from Jeanne Large and Shelley Wicks.

Victoria Harbour, ON

here we go LindaKay..if only I can finish the 3 I'm on I'd love to do this one..\

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

lots of lovelies!!!
Astrid, that is fantastic!!
Betty are those 5'' squares in the tree!!??? that looks like a fun one!! should go much quicker than the applique!!! you will need that after doing three of them, and the big rag quilt!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yes Thunder, it would be a treasure, wish I had the pattern before I started the other 3" and to think I've got the charms all cut out thanks to you all. Lol

This message was edited Oct 30, 2011 1:51 PM

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Oh Betty, I LOVE that!!! is that a purchased pattern? I need a closer look at that.

Ditto to Pat's question regarding the pattern--really nice!!!!!

Hillsboro, NH

OMG, Astrid and Betty, those ideas are wonderful....Love that tree Betty, wish I had that pattern! Those are both great uses for the 5"squares. Your both so talented....

Saskatoon, Canada

Barbara, I received your envelope today....please check your cutting table for some fabric..because the envelope was EMPTY LOL

Lexington Park, MD

Sorry been slow on posting pics but these are from Thunder. My fav is the string of lights.

Thumbnail by housse301
Lexington Park, MD

And these pretties are from Barb. Thank you for the extra fabric.

Thumbnail by housse301
Lexington Park, MD

And these are from Marion. I just love the cardinal.

Thumbnail by housse301
Lexington Park, MD

And these are from Astrid. I love all the block that I have received but not sure what I will make yet.

Thumbnail by housse301

I don't understand what happened Astrid but I will have more squares out to you today!!!
Was the envelope sealed when you got it? I ask because the envelopes going to Canada were sealed at the post office after I found out if I needed a customs paper!!! I may have messed up there...

Astrid, I received you package yesterday. I love, love the pieces you sent. I am absolutely amazed at the different beautiful fabrics we have all received.

I am thinking it is time for mine to be reaching their destination in Canada. Anyone yet?

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Amazing how many different holiday designs there are.

charms from Astrid...thank you they are great :)

many of the charms I have received will be going into two quilts for Malena !! she will be "graduating" into big girl beds, shortly after Daddy gets home...sew she is gonna need two quilts, as big girl bed is the bunk beds that were my boys!!

Thumbnail by barefootT

Received these from Astrid. Very nice. TYVM!

Thumbnail by mittsy
Lexington Park, MD

I just love the snowmen.

Look at the beautiful blocks I received as an embroidery swap from Marion. The "gift" for Taylor.

Thumbnail by mittsy

For Jonathon.

Thumbnail by mittsy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.