Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: Birthday Club For Cards Only in 2012

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 146, Views: 788
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 1, 2011
6:57 AM

Post #8871649

After much consideration I have decided to go ahead and change the way the Birthday Club works. I think in deference to the economic times we are in I am going to change this from a gifting kind of thing to CARDS ONLY. This change will go into effect starting in January 2012. I think that is the most fair way to do it so that the people at the end of this year who have played along nicely all year will still get their gifts from everyone.

So everyone that has a birthday starting in January will get a card from each of us in the birthday club sometime the month of their birthday. It is really a lot of fun to get snail mail these days anyway since we all live in such an electronic world. If you are so inclined to want to include a pack of seeds or something flat in with the card that is strictly up to you and should not in anyway be expected by the birthday girl.

I am hoping that this will encourage some of the people that have left us and some that would like to join, but are unemployed, to jump in and make this grow. Just think about getting 10 or 20 or 30 cards in your birthday month! So spread the word far and wide and lets see if we can make some new friends and have a sort of old fashioned pen pal arrangement.

We still want to chat and joke and know what is going on in everyone's life just like before, but at least this should remove the financial burden for a lot of people. Organized people can even get all their cards at the beginning of the year and get them all set up to go during those slow winter months.

Thanks a bunch to all of you for hanging in there and trying to make this work. I don't want it to go by the wayside. I have left the likes and dislikes lists attached for any new members that come on board as well as us old folks to look at so that we can send that extra special card. Everyone has special interests and we should remind ourselves of them now and then.

Current Members:

Rouxcrew (Joy) Jan. 15 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8142063
Irisluvr0252 (Debbie) Feb. 25
ClanCampbell (Chris) Feb.28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8057458
Carolyn22 (Carolyn) April 3
AmandaEsq (Amanda) April 6
FruitoftheVine- (Susan) April 9 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7958412
Mud_Elf (Kris) May 10
GAgirl1066 (Paula) Sept. 1 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8039522
Ridesredmule (Charlene) Oct. 1 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7896427
Rvnsbrk - (Juanita) Oct 9 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7886786
GardenQuail (Michelle) October 28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8242576
Cville_Gardener (Carole) Nov. 30 Effective on 1/2012
Dahtzu (Faye) December 25
Hope43 (Hope) Dec. 28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8005430

This message was edited Nov 27, 2011 9:40 AM

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Click the image for an enlarged view.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 1, 2011
6:59 AM

Post #8871656

Welcome to November. May we have less snow than we did in October. :0)

Off to the races. Be back to chat later.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 1, 2011
7:12 AM

Post #8871670

Winter is on it's way,
Think I'll watch the ocean
made of clay.
And hope I see the real one,
one day.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

November 1, 2011
10:25 AM

Post #8871903

Thanks for the new thread, Neener, big help. ^_^

Pretty, pretty, Charleen. What got you into the fish pond and ocean scene-making mode?

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 1, 2011
11:52 AM

Post #8872013

I love the ocean, But I love to see if I can make things to look real.
So glad you like it Carole.
Want me to make you something????
This pond is shaped like Texas.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

November 1, 2011
12:32 PM

Post #8872061

Oh, that's really nice, Charleen. If you get my name in Fruity's Christmas/Holiday Swap, you could always make me something. I hate to ask you otherwise. I really wasn't hinting. :-D)))

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2011
1:28 PM

Post #8872145

lol... love the hints

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

November 1, 2011
2:15 PM

Post #8872207

^_^ You too, Elfie.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2011
2:32 PM

Post #8872232

?????

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 1, 2011
6:31 PM

Post #8872593

Link for Green leaf man
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1228096/
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 2, 2011
2:01 AM

Post #8872912

Hi, all.
Faye, I'll be watching for the package and will let you know when it arrives :)
Those of you who have been in the group for a while may recall that I have some scented purple iris that I had planned to transplant. Well, this probably isn't the best time of year to do it, but I finally transplanted the poor thing! Divided it into six pieces and untangled a mass of roots. Would have kept the smallest piece attached to the other segment, but I didn't realize it was growing leaves until it was too late. But it does have some roots and the leaves are just starting to grow, so I planted it. Will have to see if it makes it. Anyway, the iris didn't flower this year, so I guess I could have transplanted it in the spring after all. Isn't hindsight great? Would have transplanted it in August or September, but things got too busy. So, decided to do it now. Figured it would be happier after it was transplanted where it would have room to spread out its roots and grow than it would be to stay cramped up in the little pot it's been in since I got it.
Well, it's late, so better go for now. Take care, and stay safe!
Michelle

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

November 2, 2011
3:28 AM

Post #8872939

Green leaf man is very cute!
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

November 2, 2011
3:31 AM

Post #8872942

Leaf man is so cute!! Is the other one that small? He looks so much bigger!! It must be hard working with such small pieces. I don't think I would have the patience. Great work!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

November 2, 2011
3:32 AM

Post #8872943

[quote="Mud_Elf"]?????
[/quote]

Re: Christmas Swap
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 2, 2011
3:51 AM

Post #8872952

Char I've been meaning to ask you what you are using as a glaze on your pieces. Just curious.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

November 2, 2011
4:31 AM

Post #8872987

Morning, y'all! :)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 2, 2011
6:13 AM

Post #8873069

right now I'm using Sculpy satin glaze. Like it better than the sopray I was using, doesn't get sticky. I've even brushed it on some of the sticky pieces and they come out great...

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 2, 2011
4:18 PM

Post #8873685

Ahhh, So that is why my stuff is sticky,, darn...
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 2, 2011
4:52 PM

Post #8873742

The best stuff I ever used and it is the cheapest is Future acrylic floor wax. I think they still make it. It is liquid in a plastic bottle at the grocery store or Wally World. It is nice because you can pour a little out in a container, dip your item, shake off the excess and let it dry. You might want to try it. Especially since you are making little items. It would be a lot easier and cheaper and it doesn't get sticky even if you use several coats. Just tryin' to help you all out. :))

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 2, 2011
4:55 PM

Post #8873749

Can you wash your brush out with soap and water, This stuff I use is that easy. I really like it.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2011
5:22 AM

Post #8874333

Sure can Char. Clean up is easy. You don't even need the brush.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 3, 2011
6:54 AM

Post #8874451

I am getting some today!!! lol
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2011
3:46 PM

Post #8875143

Hey peeps.

LOL @ Carole!

You have made the great state of Texas proud, Char.

Look at this from your mother plant, Faye. Looks like the buds will be opening soon. Thanksgiving Cactus?

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 3, 2011
4:31 PM

Post #8875207

Dang Fruity,, everytime I try to grow one of those they just die!! Christmas Cactus hates me.. Hen and chicks love me,, weird huh???
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2011
5:15 PM

Post #8875284

A cutting from a recent trade already has buds. Don't know yet if the blooms are going to be White or Yellow.
Don't feel bad, Elfie. I've loved both Christmas Cacti and Hens & Chicks to death by over watering, and no telling what else I've lost under watering.

It won't be too much longer before our garden centers have Poinsettias. I love the White ones but have never have had any luck overwintering them or the Red ones.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 3, 2011
5:56 PM

Post #8875350

Elfie it makes two kinds of glaze, one is satin and other is Glass, both sculpty.
Thanks Fruity...

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

November 4, 2011
1:12 AM

Post #8875785

[quote="FruitOfTheVine"]Hey peeps.

LOL @ Carole!

Look at this from your mother plant, Faye. Looks like the buds will be opening soon. Thanksgiving Cactus?
[/quote]

Yes, that's a Thanksgiving Cactus, Schlumbergera truncata. Very pretty. I love them. Good for you getting those blooms. Not always easy to do. ^_^

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 4, 2011
5:21 AM

Post #8875869

I have the Sculpy glaze. It is pricey and have to drive 50 miles to get it. So it is better to try the Future Floor Wax for me. Sure would love some more Hen and Chicks here. I may try to trade some of my mini's for some??
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

November 4, 2011
7:03 PM

Post #8876985

Susan, love your Cacti Buds. The mother plant is full of blooms.

Thank you Nita for this cutting in 2010, LOL looks a lot like yours Susan.
Hugs everyone!

Thumbnail by dahtzu

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2011
5:28 AM

Post #8877351

That's great Faye!! Mine haven't budded up yet. I'm a little concerned because they are usually going full tilt about now.
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

November 5, 2011
11:34 AM

Post #8877709

Mine are now too Nita. I think I have4 colors now...Do hope the Yellow made it.
Love & Hugs to all
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 6, 2011
1:36 PM

Post #8879121

Hi, all.
Isn't it fun to have flowers blooming even when winter is starting to come? Bet they're pretty :)
Been enjoying my paperwhite blooms. The first bulb to bloom has a stalk with six flowers. And there are more to come :)
Faye and Char, thank you! Received your packages :) Faye, yours arrived Friday, and Char, yours arrived yesterday. I'm hoping my husband can take pictures later today.
Faye's card has a picture of a luscious birthday cake, and she sent an evergreen-scented wax pottery bowl from Habersham Candle Company. That wax bowl is really cool!
And Char, all the Charleys made it safe and sound! Char sent 3 of them: a Charley head, a magnet, and an ornament. She also sent a couple of other ornaments (a little angel and a dog surrounded by bones and balls), 3 plant pokes (one that has a dog with a butterfly, one that has a sunflower with a face and necklace, and one that has a butterfly and a flower with three green petals behind it), a box of soap petals, a towel that expands when you put it in water, a doggie magnet to put on a screen or window, two knitted/crocheted items (a towel and dishcloth?), and a Peacock Orchid bulb.
My guide dog thought these boxes were really neat, too. Faye's smelled interesting to him with all that evergreen scent in there! But Char's box really got his attention! :) LOL It was really funny watching him. He kept sniffing and sniffing it! And when I opened it, I knew why: Char had put a bag of dog treats in there, too! So while my husband and I looked at all the other cool things in there, he had fun enjoying one of his dog treats. He's quite happy to have received a little birthday present, too. He sends lots of tail wags your way, Char :)
Well, must go for now. Been transplanting some amaryllis seedlings from seeds I started earlier this year. And now that that is done, I need to get more seeds planted! One of the Amaryllises that I got from Maguires late this summer ("Showcase") decided to grow seeds after flowering! I didn't intentionally try to pollinate the flowers because the bulbs are still recovering from all the travelling, but since it volunteered, I'm more than happy to try growing them :) And I'm watching another ("Forest Fire") to see if it decides to grow a seed pod, too. Not sure how the seedlings will do as it is getting much colder in the window where I grow them, but I'm certainly willing to try the experiment.
Take care all, and have a great week. I'll get the pictures (or links to them) posted as soon as I can.
Michelle

This message was edited Nov 6, 2011 6:27 PM
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 6, 2011
2:31 PM

Post #8879178

Oh, Char, I forgot to ask you a question about the Peacock Orchid. I'm not familiar with this plant, so I did a little reading online. The info I found says that the Peacock Orchid is actually in the gladiolus family. So, from what I read, I can plant this in regular potting soil and I don't have to use orchid bark. Is that how you grow them? I also read that the bulb/corm is to be planted 3-4 inches deep. Is that what you do? Also, should I wait to plant this until the weather starts to warm up a bit again, or is it better to plant now? We're getting rain now and the temps are in the 40s and 50s (sometimes into the 60s), and it will likely get a bit colder than this before winter is over (possibly as low as mid-20s or 30s). Any other tips that would be helpful would be much appreciated.
Michelle
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 6, 2011
2:42 PM

Post #8879190

Sounds like you got some nice goodies there Michelle! Bet that candle smelled yummy!

Been having a fun, creative weekend here. DH has been out both days playing golf so that has allowed me to do my thing unimpeded/ :0) Finished a bunch of projects that werwe already in progress and then started a few more. Tomorrow it's back to the real world. Will be splitting wood most of the day with the new splitter. Assuming my partner remembers how to get it started.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 6, 2011
5:19 PM

Post #8879402

Michelle, I sent you the peacock Orchid It has a very nice scent. I wanted to send you something special. I put mine in potting soil in the spring and let it grow. You may be able to let it grow year round in Ca. The leaves are long and narrow like gladiolas but it is the smell that got me to send it to you. I sure hope it grows for you. Let me know, please. i knew I wanted to send your Dog something for taking care of you. I have three dogs so he may have smelled them two.
My little dogs love those Beef basted bones. Hugs and kisses
Love and mulenuzzles too!!!
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 6, 2011
5:50 PM

Post #8879433

Hi, all.
Char, I'll plant it once we're past our expected frost dates (mid-February), or perhaps I'll wait a bit longer than that. We've been getting some frost later than usual lately. We don't get the hard frosts like some parts of the country, but we do sometimes get light ones. If I wait til April or May, it's more likely to stay warm after I've planted it. We often get some warmer weather in mid-winter, but then it typically gets cold and rainy again. From my reading, some sources say that I could keep the Peacock Orchid outdoors year-round, but others say I shouldn't let it be exposed to temps below 60. So I think waiting to plant it would be the safest.
Char, what size container is your Peacock Orchid in? Do you need to stake the flower stalks?
Oh, and I'm sure my guide dog could tell you have dogs (he's excellent at that!), but he was especially interested in those dog treats :) Won't he be excited to discover there are more!?
Well, my dog thinks all our clocks are set wrong again. He'll think this until we go back to daylight savings time Poor thing thinks dinner was late... I tried explaining it to him, but he didn't believe me LOL
Still haven't gotten to planting those amaryllis seeds yet. Perhaps I'll get to it this evening.
Take care all :)
Michelle

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2011
8:33 AM

Post #8880054

Same way with my Donks and mule. I'm feeding them at 2 instead of 3. Poor things.
Michelle, I had mine in a hanging basket. But I am going to put it in a pot. Probably about a Gal. size, they need plenty of drainage but they like moisture when they are growing.
I know you are going to like it.
Hugs and longear nuzzles...
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 8, 2011
2:57 PM

Post #8881933

Hi, all.
Char, it sounds like I have just the container for the Peacock Orchid then :) Originally got it in case I wanted it for my amaryllises, but haven't used it yet. So, I think I'll get the Peacock Orchid planted in there (dry soil for now) and keep it in the garage for now. And when spring comes, I'll move it to the deck where it can get lots of sun.
My husband is taking pictures of my gifts from Char and from Faye this afternoon, so I'll post the links once I have them. Was hoping to figure out how to get the pictures posted directly on here, but I haven't had much time to work on the Mac lately. Been getting a bunch of work done in the garden before/between rain storms, and still have a bit more to go.
Be back later to post picture links :)
Take care all!
Michelle
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2011
4:37 PM

Post #8882097

Some of my Amaryllis have set seeds but either gave or traded them away. You've got me wondering if I should keep the next ones, Michelle, and how you start yours. I have a few Amaryllis pups that still probably won't bloom for another year or two, and can't imagine the patience it must take growing them from seeds. What lovely gifts you got there from Faye and Char.

Gotta take pics of the two Thanksgiving Cacti that are blooming. One's pink, which I thought would be blooming shortly after I posted the pic above with buds, and the other one is such a delicate white with a pink throat that was a total surprise.

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 8, 2011
5:48 PM

Post #8882186

Hi, all.
Susan, some years ago, we got the Advanced Propogation System (APS) from Gardener's Supply. We originally got them for starting other seeds (like veggies and such), but I've been using a couple of these to start the seeds. I keep them in there until they've gotten a few leaves, and then I transplant them to other containers. I've found that the APS with 4-inch square cells allow me to keep them in there longer before I need to transplant. I grow them in a mix of vermiculite and peat moss, but I'm experimenting with the ratios as the ratios I started with held more water than I want. I can plant several seeds in a single cell, and then I cover them with a very thin layer of vermiculite. It can take up to a month for seeds to germinate, and then several years for them to get big enough to flower (around 3 to 6 years, depending on how they're cared for, etc). But it's sure exciting when they start blooming! I've only had one of my seedlings bloom so far. I'm hoping more of them will bloom this coming spring. I was surprised to discover that some of my seedlings have made offsets even though they haven't bloomed for the first time yet! Let me know if you decide to give it a try.
Next message has links to pics of gifts from Faye and Char...
Michelle
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 8, 2011
6:07 PM

Post #8882207

Hi, all.
Here are the links to the pictures of gifts from Faye and Char...
Here's the Wax Pottery Vessel, Evergreen, that Faye gave me (the plate underneath is one I already had for holding candles):
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-pIimoXGYc9g/Trm3-JzPX-I/AAAAAAAAF2Q/mbwGvU_3CUw/s144/IMG_20111108_151447.jpg
And here are all the things from Char...
The crocheted towel:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-sqgefQRZZYc/TrmszLCj_oI/AAAAAAAAF2c/21r4ZSmjxj0/s640/IMG_20111108_142621.jpg
The crocheted dishcloth:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5-s3wxHrBVQ/Trmu09zKxQI/AAAAAAAAF2k/tEFt9Q8cdEc/s640/IMG_20111108_142808.jpg
My Charleys:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-WiEV0keH-XA/Trmu6Vy1BwI/AAAAAAAAF2s/vSKI2fAUhaU/s640/IMG_20111108_143017.jpg
Plant pokes:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-O7Dvg1iSVnI/Trmu3ScX8yI/AAAAAAAAF20/u9zfWnZfcbM/s640/IMG_20111108_142837.jpg
Ornaments:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wmtxC6FQs0g/Trmtlr0rmYI/AAAAAAAAF28/l9EAVIpoS8o/s640/IMG_20111108_143035.jpg
And the dog treats (minus one 'cause he ate it), soap petals, "spoiled rotten" screen saver, and magic towel:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ZrjhmYHwObo/Trmuex8OdZI/AAAAAAAAF3E/8zfOqVXW1Gg/s640/IMG_20111108_143417.jpg
Char also gave me a Peacock Orchid (which is now in soil in the garage til spring) that I'll have to have my husband photograph when it blooms :)
I also didn't get Faye's card photographed as it is already hanging up with our other cards.
Thanks, Faye and Charleen!
Michelle

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2011
5:00 AM

Post #8882659

the hair on the little Charley's is from his mane. I am so glad you and that precious dog liked everything.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2011
6:11 AM

Post #8882752

Well done.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 11, 2011
7:27 AM

Post #8885819

Hey, got a wonderful B'day card and gift card. Thank you Chris. More clay!!!!!
Or clay tools..
Thank you Chris...
Hugs and Mule nuzzles...

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

November 11, 2011
7:43 AM

Post #8885832

What a haul!

Glad you had some birthday fun Michelle. :)

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. I had a narrow brush with a hard frost last night and am going to get out and enjoy what's left of my giant magenta cosmos and my Betsy daisies and crazy mums. :)

A.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

November 11, 2011
7:52 AM

Post #8885841

Hard freeze here this morning ... 27.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 11, 2011
1:52 PM

Post #8886220

Thanks Chris!!! Got my card and gift card for Michaels.. That will get some good use I can guarantee!

Been gone a couple of days and I'm glad you all played nice while I wasn't here. Now to get back in the swing of things. UGH!

Thanks again Chris!!
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 11, 2011
5:35 PM

Post #8886486

Hi, all.
Amanda, those sound like some lovely flowers :) Have fun enjoying them while you can!
Hey, Char and Neener, that reminds me, I think we forgot to check the mail yesterday... Will have to do that!
Well, the post office may not be delivering mail today, but FedEx is... And my new planter came! Fortunately, we're supposed to have a break in the rain again soon, so we'll be able to get it set up. Yippee! More planting space on the deck!
Michelle
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 11, 2011
6:34 PM

Post #8886539

Yippee, more birthday mail!
And I have links to pictures, too!
Thanks, Chris! I also received a card with a gift card to Michael's :) Hmmm, wonder what yarn I'll get with it...
Awwww... I like kitties... Follow the link to see the kitten Chris sent me:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-n1OOPqRoUHs/Tr3L_v2wa6I/AAAAAAAAGG0/ZhxHciayLvU/s640/IMG_20111111_172525.jpg
And Twyla's package arrived, too! Follow this link to see the warm fuzzy gloves, crochet hooks (G6 and H8), and the neat felt butterfly that Twyla sent:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-5h8iFkAhpVA/Tr3LlO08jYI/AAAAAAAAGHQ/37Bi0ow_XSM/s640/IMG_20111111_172640.jpg
Oh, and the design on the butterfly is raised, so I can feel it :) Thanks, Twyla! The crochet hooks will come in handy, too, especially when I am working on multiple projects that want the same hook. Won't have to switch the hook back and forth between projects :)
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Michelle

This message was edited Nov 11, 2011 7:38 PM

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 12, 2011
5:30 AM

Post #8886777

Ohh NO! I just realized I did not send Char a card!! I will get one out very soon,,, Sorry Char!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 12, 2011
6:44 AM

Post #8886865

No Problem. I got one the other day. This makes my birthday just that much more fun...
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2011
8:10 PM

Post #8887870

You're doing a wonderful job posting the links to your pics, Michelle. If my Amaryllis set seeds this year, I'm going to try to grow them. Thank you so much for letting me know how you started yours. You live in a warmer climate and are fortunate to be able to leave your bulbs in the ground year-round.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 12, 2011
11:41 PM

Post #8888019

Hi, all.
I've been having fun having an extended birthday, too :)
Glad to know the links to the pics are working well. I'm hoping I can get the links to more of my flowers soon, too. Did you get a chance to look at the picture of my Amy Maguire amaryllis? (Hmmm, maybe it is on the last page; posted it's link when I included the link to the pic of the butterfly from Neener).
Although I'm in a zone where I could leave my amaryllises in the ground all year, I don't actually plant mine in the ground. I keep mine in containers. That way, I can easily move them indoors when they bloom, and have them outdoors in the sun in the yard for the summer. For the longest time, I refused to grow them outdoors after a snail ate a long-awaited flower stalk. But a series of events encouraged me to move them back outdoors. And come wintertime with the rain, I put them back on the deck under the eaves to keep them from getting overwatered as I've found some of my bulbs are sensitive to this. Perhaps when I have a good flower bed with soil that drains very well and have a lot of the same kind of amaryllises, I'll experiment with planting some in the ground :) I must say, however, I am thankful that I can keep the potted ones outdoors in the winter as it has allowed me to expand my collection!
Michelle
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2011
7:37 AM

Post #8888134

Never had an amaryllis set seed. I probably cut them back too soon to give them a chance. Only saved one bulb from last year and planted 3 new ones. No matter what I do they don't come back very well for me. Lovely day out there. I should be doing something productive. Just don't feel much like it. It's too soon for the winter funk to set in, but I think that may be what it is.

Anyone heard from Erin lately? I know she was going to have some surgery. Just trying to keep the list current. Have a wonderful day everyone!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 13, 2011
7:52 AM

Post #8888154

Do you have the Amaryillis is a raised bed, Neener????? They love those. I have several in raised beds...
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2011
1:27 PM

Post #8888572

No Char, all mine are in pots. They aren't hardy here, so I have to bring them in and out.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 13, 2011
2:12 PM

Post #8888629

I know I leave mine out. Shucks!!! Neener, too bad you can't leave them out...
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 15, 2011
4:09 PM

Post #8891742

Hi, all.
Neener, my amaryllises don't always bloom the next year. Sometimes it takes multiple growing seasons for them to store up enough energy to flower again. Guess that's part of why it's always so exciting when they do bloom :) My hope is to some day get to a point where they consistently bloom each year.
Regarding amaryllises setting seed, there are some varieties that won't set seed if you use the pollen from the same plant. For many years, I dreamed of growing seeds, but I never got any. Then, when a friend gave me my second amaryllis, the one she gave me set seed. I later read that some can't be self-pollinated and realized that that was probably why I never got seed from my first amaryllis. Also, I've read that some are just harder to get to set seed. But I've also read that, like with other plants, having them grow seeds takes more energy, so if they aren't growing seed, they can use that energy for other things. Perhaps that's part of the fun of these plants, too, because you can get new ones either by them growing offsets or seeds. And they grow such big beautiful flowers, some fragrant and some not, in so many different colors and patterns!
Neener, what kinds of amaryllises do you have this year? My latest to bloom is another from Maguire's called Autrey. My husband took a picture of her yesterday, but he hasn't posted the picture yet. When I get a link to the picture, I'll pass it along.
Well, I should go for now. Take care, everyone, and have a great Wednesday!
Michelle
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 15, 2011
5:34 PM

Post #8891891

I take my Amaryllis outside in the Spring and bring them back in in the Fall. Right now they're just a bunch of strappy leaves. Not all mine set seeds either, Michelle, and the ones that do must have self-pollinated since I don't do anything to help them along. How long have you been growing yours? None of mine are over two or three years old but a few have pups.

I didn't cut the stalks back after mine bloomed last year, Neener, and just let them do their thing.

Oh my gosh, the Christmas / Thanksgiving Cacti blooming are simply gorgeous. They look so pretty and delicate. One is hot Pink, another is White with a pink throat, another one just opening is Yellow, and the Salmon one you gave me, Joy, has just started to bloom. Thank you, Joy, and Faye! I finally did something right but don't have a clue what it was.

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

November 15, 2011
6:04 PM

Post #8891920

Susan, LOL, I can relate to that.
Health update! The CT Scan on my throat showed nothing, Dr. said she thinks she is missing something. Next test will be done @ Duke Med.. I am being sent to a Eye,Ear,Nose & Throat Specialist. They will use some type of probe, going into my nose and down into my voice box and surrounding areas. The date for this test is Dec. 13. Had a Ultra Sound done today on my Gaul Bladder. I tell you, old age is the pits but I'm not ready to give it up. Please pray hard.
Love & hugs.
Faye
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 15, 2011
7:20 PM

Post #8892014

I hope your Dr. is wrong saying she "missed something", Faye. You' know you're in good hands at Duke and am hoping you'll get only the best care there and eventually receive negative results from your tests :)
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 16, 2011
8:40 AM

Post #8892684

Geez Faye that is probably good news about your throat. I'm betting they won't find anything wrong. I refuse to allow cancer to happen to anyone else. I'm going to be riduculous and just "think it away". Tired of bad stuff happening to good people. See you soon!!
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 16, 2011
8:51 AM

Post #8892694

[quote="rvnsbrk"]Tired of bad stuff happening to good people. See you soon!![/quote]

I could not have said it any better myself. Faye - sending prayers and best wishes your way. Feel better soon.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

November 16, 2011
8:59 AM

Post #8892704

Same here.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 16, 2011
3:09 PM

Post #8893233

Blessing dear Faye. Prayers too!!!!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 16, 2011
4:54 PM

Post #8893338

[quote="GardenQuail"]Hi, all.
Neener, my amaryllises don't always bloom the next year. Sometimes it takes multiple growing seasons for them to store up enough energy to flower again. Guess that's part of why it's always so exciting when they do bloom :) My hope is to some day get to a point where they consistently bloom each year.
Regarding amaryllises setting seed, there are some varieties that won't set seed if you use the pollen from the same plant. For many years, I dreamed of growing seeds, but I never got any. Then, when a friend gave me my second amaryllis, the one she gave me set seed. I later read that some can't be self-pollinated and realized that that was probably why I never got seed from my first amaryllis. Also, I've read that some are just harder to get to set seed. But I've also read that, like with other plants, having them grow seeds takes more energy, so if they aren't growing seed, they can use that energy for other things. Perhaps that's part of the fun of these plants, too, because you can get new ones either by them growing offsets or seeds. And they grow such big beautiful flowers, some fragrant and some not, in so many different colors and patterns!
Neener, what kinds of amaryllises do you have this year? My latest to bloom is another from Maguire's called Autrey. My husband took a picture of her yesterday, but he hasn't posted the picture yet. When I get a link to the picture, I'll pass it along.
Well, I should go for now. Take care, everyone, and have a great Wednesday!
Michelle[/quote]

Michelle the one bulb I saved from last year was called "Elvas". I kept it because it was the only time I ever got 3 stalks of flowers from one bulb. i figured he deserved a second chance. I didn't mark the 2 new ones I got because I figured they wouldn't be around long. :))
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 16, 2011
6:59 PM

Post #8893474

Nothing much is blooming outside and am treasuring the blooms I have inside. This one's for you, Joy. Looks like she'll be fully open in a day or two.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

November 16, 2011
9:38 PM

Post #8893693

So sorry to hear all the bad, I am keeping everyone in my thoughts even though I don't post much lately.

Fruity, she is beautiful, none of mine are showing signs of blooming, but they usually start just before Christmas. My Maizie took a spell of pulling out my little signs so I am waiting for blooms to know what colors are what. I may have lost my white one, it got knocked over and I didn't find it for several days and now looks very sad. I have several pieces under cloches and we will see what happens.

We got in a couple loads of hay so we are hopefully ready for winter, even got a little rain yesterday. It was 85 today, go figure, 45 tonight. Everything thinks it is spring instead of fall.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

November 17, 2011
3:16 AM

Post #8893808

Joy,
Where did you get your hay from? Texas had such a hard time this year. People around here are expecting to ship alot of their hay out your way. Is it hard to find? How much is it going for out there? I have 3 BIG hay farmers right around me. One lives about a mile down the road and I stopped to ask if I could buy some for the horses and he told me "sure...how many? I'll bring it right down." How's that for nice neighbors? Didn't even charge me for delivering it and even drove his tractor down and unloaded it for me.

Another hold up on the house...poured the concrete for the patio and driveway...contractor came and looked at it and didn't like it so he hopped on the bulldozer and plowed it al up. No joke!! Something about too many revolutions while sitting in the truck. Got too hot and started to 'set up' before they got it smoothed out.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 17, 2011
5:03 AM

Post #8893878

Good to see you Paula and Joy!!! Glad the weather is better there Joy.
Paula sounds like your contractor is doing the right thing though. Here they would just leave it and you'd have to deal with the consequences down the road.

Haven't posted much about this, because I didn't want to jinx it, but we are having some major house remodeling done very soon. Our house is over 30 years old and needs a lot of updating to make it saleable if the market ever turns around. All our bathrooms are on the bedroom level up two flights of stairs. So we are getting a bathroom in the rec room basement and one on the middle level. There is room in the basement except that off course I have a ton of stuff stored there that has to be moved. The upstairs one is going to come out of the end of my office space, which is OK because the way the room is configured I will get a nice big closet out of it on the office side. Just found out that they want to start these in 2 weeks. Lovely! My garage is full of plants and I have no idea where I'm moving all this.

Then after the first of the year they are going to implode my kitchen and start all over there. New everything from the ground up. If I can survive the chaos of all this it is going to be wonderful! The designers and contractors all seem to be really on the ball. We've had so many bad contracting experiences here since we've lived here, so I was really leery of even trying to do this. So far these people are really impressing me and they are throwing in some extras that make me happy. They seem to want to do the right thing. Fingers crossed.

Oh well, gotta run. Mom is on her way down to bake apple dumplings today for a get together this weekend. Then tomorrow is travel day. I'll be off the grid until late Sunday.

Love you guys!

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

November 17, 2011
9:30 AM

Post #8894191

Paula, my hay came from LA. I have finally gotten a contact with a hauler who isn't trying to rape us on hay, plus I found a client who was willing to trade lessons for hay, then had the hauler charge me just for the hauling. Otherwise hay is easier to find now than earlier, more people have jumped on the resale bandwagon. I see that people are advertising 5 X 6 rounds for $135 to $150 a bale, 4 X 5 rounds for $100 to $125. Some want you to buy an entire truckload. $3500 up. I was able to get mine cheaper and I hope it lasts till May. And I hope we get some more rain so that my animals won't be hitting the hay so hard.

Joy

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 17, 2011
11:00 AM

Post #8894260

I know that is right Joy. There are folks out to get every penny from Drought victums they can. My pastures have very little grass, so I have bought hay all summer.
It is aggravating...
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

November 17, 2011
11:10 AM

Post #8894272

Oh my gosh Joy, that's terrible. The hay here is the big round bales and it goes for $35. That is what I paid for mine. WOW...its a shame people take advantage of other people during hard times. I think I may need to go ahead and get a few more rolls in case it runs out or goes up alot. I thought by Jan. it would probably be up to $50 a roll, but $150...I would probably have to get rid of my two horses.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 17, 2011
1:03 PM

Post #8894417

I've been paying $50.00 for a large bale too. I'm beginning to worry.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 17, 2011
11:36 PM

Post #8895154

Hi, all.
Faye, I'll be praying for the doctors to have the wisdom they need to figure out why you're not feeling well and to help you get better.
Joy and Paula, good to hear from you!
Paula, I do hope the concrete pouring goes better this next time. And I hope your new house will be ready soon!
Joy, I'll be praying that you get more rain your way and that your hay supply will be sufficient. I suppose hay is like anything else in that the farther you must transport it the more expensive it gets. Hopefully next growing season will be a better one for growing hay locally so it won't be so expensive!
Neener, at one point some time ago, my husband and I were looking online to see what kinds of amaryllises I might want to get to expand my collection. It was during the summer though, so I couldn't actually buy any then, but I made a list of ones that sounded interesting. Elvas was one of the ones on my list. Haven't gotten this one yet, though... So many to choose from! Don't know if it's fragrant, but it sounded pretty :) Yours must have been quite a large bulb when you got it to have 3 flower stalks! I do hope it does well again for you next year.
Fruity, my parents gave us our first amaryllis as an Easter/anniversary present either in 1987 or 1988, and I still have it. I even got flowers this past spring! It grew a couple of daughters in the '90s, but unfortunately, they didn't make it (forgot to water them too many times and the lighting wasn't that great). But she's grown 3 more daughters since 2007, and the oldest 2 daughters started growing daughters of their own this year, so my original bulb has granddaughters! :) I was given my second one in June, 2007. It had already flowered for that year, so my first blooms from this one were in spring 2008. I purchased two more that year for my birthday, and added more to my collection both last year and this year. Plus I have those that I've grown from seed.
Well, must go for now. Have a great weekend, everyone!
Michelle

This message was edited Nov 18, 2011 12:44 AM
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 18, 2011
3:56 AM

Post #8895230

Michelle the Elvas wasn't fragrant, just huge and beautiful. I've spent hundreds in amaryllis bulbs over the years and tried everything to keep them going. I guess I just needed more patience. Imagine that. Me, needing to be patient.. :0)
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 18, 2011
4:20 AM

Post #8895241

I have several amaryllis bulbs - I am wondering what would happen if I cross pollinated some? Might be a fun experiment!
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 18, 2011
6:56 PM

Post #8896281

Hi, all.
The neat thing about growing amaryllises from seed is that they don't necessarily grow a plant true to the seed (unless you have a species amaryllis). You may get something similar to the parents or something different. Goes back to that biology lesson from long ago :) But that's part of the fun of growing them from seed: that sense of discovery and adventure... Not all crosses will work, but that's part of the experiment, too :) Of course, even if you just grow self-pollinated seeds, you still have a chance of getting something different from the parent. I figure that doing crosses would just increase that chance. But I'm still trying to get a cross to work. I'm hoping some day... In the meantime, I'll enjoy the seedlings I've gotten from the selfs.
Carolyn, let me know if you give it a try and what you cross.
Michelle
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 19, 2011
7:56 AM

Post #8896771

Michelle

I am definitely interested in giving this a try. I am not sure yet if I will get any amaryllis flowers this year. My pots never made it to the garden for the summer. I know they love to bake in the heat and I never got to fertilizing them either. We had too much running this past summer. The last 2 I have, just lost the last of the green leaves and my others have been dormant a while... so we will see what happens in the next month or so with them...

This was taken last January.

Thumbnail by Carolyn22

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 19, 2011
9:14 AM

Post #8896840

Have you ever grown Amaryillis seed??? I have some see but haven't really tried it.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 19, 2011
9:43 AM

Post #8896862

I have not tried them, Char.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 19, 2011
11:48 AM

Post #8897044

You will...You got a birthday coming up...☺☺
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 19, 2011
2:28 PM

Post #8897337

something to look forward to ^_^

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 19, 2011
2:50 PM

Post #8897352

GREAT!!!!!!!
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 20, 2011
1:53 PM

Post #8898806

Hi, all.
Raining today. Good day to stay indoors :)
Carolyn, even if you don't get flowers, keep them growing and they'll replenish their energy to make more flowers. I've had plenty of times when my amaryllises haven't gotten as much sun as they would have prefered, so I know what that's like.
Char, how long ago did you harvest the amaryllis seeds? Amaryllis seeds have the best germination rate when they're planted right away, but even if they're not planted right away, you may still get seedlings. My second group of seedlings were grown from seed that I harvested a year before I was able to plant them. And yet, the seeds from my one cross pollination that I planted several months after harvesting didn't grow at all. But I also admit, these weren't stored well, so I'm sure that affected their germination rates, too. I wish you the best success with the seeds! It's definitely fun to watch them grow. When the seedlings have just emerged, their leaves look like blades of grass. Eventually, though, they get big enough that they look like small amaryllis leaves.
Well, better go for now. Take care, everyone, and have a great week!
Michelle

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 20, 2011
2:10 PM

Post #8898828

I didn't harvest them, they were sent to me. If I get lucky enough to get any more you want some Michelle????
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 20, 2011
2:49 PM

Post #8898891

Michelle

I do do that.

I am hoping they start putting forth some little green tips shortly. Although, my sisters' went to town with a full display this past Summer. We thought they were reverting back to their natural cycle and bloom times.

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 20, 2011
2:50 PM

Post #8898898

Hi, Char.
That could be fun! I only hesitate because I have a limited area where I can grow them. I'd want to be sure I have some space first :) Do let me know if you get more. And if you get more seeds, see if you can find out what kind of amaryllises the parents are. That can always be interesting to know because then you can see which traits are similar to their parents and which might be from recessive genes.
Michelle

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 20, 2011
4:30 PM

Post #8899077

O.K. Most folks list the parents if they know them...
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 23, 2011
2:47 PM

Post #8903121

Being this is only my second or third year growing Amaryllis, there is still so much to learn. If mine bloom this year and have any that set seeds, I'll offer them to any of you first. Mine are labeled and the pots sat on the back porch til, oh sometime last month, where they soaked up a lots of sunshine and grew lush long leaves which have now started to turn yellow or just fall off on their own. Am assuming from your comment, Carolyn, that's a good sign? A few of the bulbs either have tiny new leaves or hopefully they're stalks starting to emerge.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for, including having all you Friends in my life.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 23, 2011
3:59 PM

Post #8903253

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1231274/
New Turtle tutorial, girls. Enjoy.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Hope Daddy feels better Susie...
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 24, 2011
9:59 AM

Post #8903964

Happy Turkey Day Everyone!!!

Best to all of you and yours.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

November 24, 2011
10:26 AM

Post #8903993

Same to you all, Neener. ^_^

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 24, 2011
1:25 PM

Post #8904104

Happy Thanksgiving.

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 25, 2011
1:47 AM

Post #8904720

Hi, all!
Meant to post earlier but a nap won out, and then I got busy with other things :) Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving!
Fruity, sounds like an exciting time with your amaryllises... If the shoots coming out of the bulbs are right in the middle, then they'll probably be leaves. But if they're offset to the side a bit, then they're probably flowers. Also, the shoots that are flowers are thicker than those that are leaves. It's always exciting to watch them grow! Hope you get many beautiful flowers this year!
Michelle
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 25, 2011
9:01 PM

Post #8906019

We did, but I didn't have time to take a nap...lol Glad you did, Michelle. I checked my Amaryllis and the little spouts seem to just be leaves so far.

I got into the Holiday spirit today and changed the flags and put out two fake 3' lighted trees in small urns on either side of our front door that I got on sale last year. I'm sure with a hearty gust of wind, they'll topple over unless I secure them with strips of heavy-duty Velcro.

One lone Canna that came back has been bitten by frost and looked like a lone soldier. l chopped the foliage down and gave it a good mulching in hopes it'll return next Spring. I'd really like to have a bunch of Cannas that are hardy in my Zone. The one that survived was either Richard Wallace or Florence Vaughan since those are the two I had with Yellow blooms. I started out this morning wearing a sweater, but it didn't take long before I broke out in a sweat while digging the handful of Dahlias I have and came back in to change into a T-shirt. Got the Dahlias drying on the back porch and will store them over the week-end when they've dried. I swear they are the craziest looking tubers I've ever seen and it's amazing what one season of growing can produce.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 26, 2011
6:10 AM

Post #8906202

Suze - I would like to see a picture of your little Christmas trees. We always put up a wreath and light up the porch...

Dahlia tubers always reminded me of a bunch of potatoes... I do so love the dahlias. I got started with dahlias years ago as I needed that late season color. Now, I am addicted. I have them in tubs in both my spare bedroom and the kitchen floor, waiting to dry. I just received another bunch of them from my MIL. I cannot wait to see what next years garden is going to look like -

Thumbnail by Carolyn22

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 27, 2011
12:19 AM

Post #8907323

Hi, all.
Carolyn, how fun! I've been thinking about what next year's garden might look like, too. Only, I have a bunch of seeds for annuals that I meant to plant this year, but never got around to it. So now I'm trying to figure out where they'll all go. Figured they would work nicely amongst my various bulbs and perennials. Dreaming of lots of flowers...
Michelle
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 27, 2011
6:40 AM

Post #8907472

Mornin' Everyone!

Just a reminder to get ready for our birthday girls in December. I don't want them to get lost in the Holiday shuffle since they are at the same time. Last month of sending gifts and then we will be onto the new format of cards only.

Michelle my amaryllis bulbs are showing buds, and I still have one to plant. Been a little crazy around here this month so I am behind on a lot of things. Weather here has been good even if it is raining a lot. At least it isn't that white stuff that shall remain nameless.

Everyone have a fabulous Sunday resting and watching football or doing whatever it is that makes you happy!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 27, 2011
3:03 PM

Post #8908037

Speaking of December birthdays, I hope you're doing alright, Twyla.

Lovely shot, Carolyn. A couple of my Dahlias loaded with buds never had a chance to bloom before they were bit by frost last week-end. When I find my little red bows packed in the Christmas stuff, and hubby finds one of our outdoor extension cords packed *somewhere* in our garage, I'll take a pic of the little trees decked out. They really are sweet and don't think I paid more than $10 a piece for them, if that. I've always wanted to hang icicle lights around our eaves, or at least around the front of our house. White rope lights might have to do around the bottom of our front deck and know we have enough leftover strands that still work from our camping days. Hubby likes colored lights. I like white lights. Guess which ones we use since I do the decorating...lol

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

November 27, 2011
4:28 PM

Post #8908163

Interesting... my hubby likes the colored lights and I too like the white lights. We use the colored lights -

Packed up my dahlias today and put them away for the winter. They seem to multiply - I am hoping that next year is better for dahlias. This year they were late blooming - some didn't even flower. I do love them though...

This one is Tyler James..

Thumbnail by Carolyn22

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

November 28, 2011
3:53 PM

Post #8909379

Hi all:

Shared this with some but not all. I am back to work this week. Had hurt my hand in the spring, there's a story there but too long and stupid result (torn ligaments in my wrist) to rehash.

I work for Metrolina Greenhouses and travel to different stores to inspect displays and plant condition, pricing, inventory, etc.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13685496

Today (and for the rest of the season) I had my hands on prolly a thousand poinsettias if I had my hands on one.

I also brought home a broken flower from a mum that was dressed as a turkey for thanksgiving. Ever see this one? I hope I can get it to root. I wonder if this one would be hardy or not?

Have a good night. :)

A.

p.s. looks like one of carolyn's dahlias!

This message was edited Nov 28, 2011 8:20 PM

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 28, 2011
4:21 PM

Post #8909419

Maybe if you recut the end and also Take off that lovely bloom. You can put it in rooting
Hormone and put it into a rooting soil. Wait and pray. It is a beauty...But you need to take of that bloom...Reminds me of a football mum, I love it. Mums root pretty easy...

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

November 28, 2011

Post #8909426

Yes I have had good luck with mums even without hormones. I can't bring myself to discard the bloom, so I'll have to take enough stem for the flower to take up water with. The cutting is about 4" long w/o the flower so I think I'll be okay.

Just showing you my pretties for today. :)
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 28, 2011

Post #8909429

Yippee!!!! Manda is back to work. I know it's been a tough summer and Fall. Maybe things are looking up.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 28, 2011
5:07 PM

Post #8909472

What's the deal with all the glitter on Poinsettias at Walmart? One lady asked the clerk if they were real...lol They don't like me so I didn't touch any when I was running errands in town today. Will leave that up your adept hands, Manda. I bet you'll find lots of discarded pretties and have more than one opportunity to try rooting them. Can't tell ya how many memories seeing a "homecoming" mum brought back. Oh to be that young again.

LK posted on our Christmas Swap thread that Elfie's FIL passed away yesterday. Keep them close to your hearts. It's been a rough year for a lot of our friends.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

November 28, 2011
6:18 PM

Post #8909542

Whoa!

Hold on there, Neener. Before you get TOO excited . . . I will be laid off in the third week of December. :D

In any event, I am feeling particularly glad to have my hand back and also glad to have a job that I like to come back to. There have been some management changes at a couple of stores in my absence that will also make my job MUCH easier. There's one store in particular that had such a horrible man as department head that it made me hate my job altogether. :/

Okay, I have grownup paperwork to do not related to my plant job so I'd better go.

I WILL root that mum and EACH of you will have a homecoming mum next year. :)

Loveya.
A.

Edited to say: FROOT - last year certain a certain variety came out that looks SO fake even I had to touch it to be sure. It is my favorite. The blooms and foliage both are wavy. The blooms are red and only about 4"-5" wide but they are full and look like a pom-pom or a puffy bloom not unlike that giant mum up there. The red flowers have a reddish orange/gold glitter on them. I love them, I can't help it!!! I thought about bringing home some poinsettia blooms/broken branches to root, but what would be the good of it!? It's hard to get those pretty large mums in crappy condition because they usually sell pretty well and fairly quickly so they never end up on the clearance rack. Guess I'd have to go ahead and buy the damned thing. THANKS. I think I will do that tomorrow. Even though I'm broker than the banking system in the US. :P

The glitter is for variety. Don't you think they're PRETTY???!!! :)

This message was edited Nov 28, 2011 10:31 PM

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

November 28, 2011
11:07 PM

Post #8909937

No!!!
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 28, 2011
11:57 PM

Post #8909948

Hi, all.
Amanda, good to hear from you :) Glad your hand has healed! Is the mum you brought home fragrant? I like the scent of mums :) Would like to have some some day if I can grow them in my zone and can find a spot for them. Didn't know you could root them just from their stem!
Neener, I hope you get a chance to plant the other amaryllis soon :) Hang in there.
Sorry to hear the news about Elfie's FIL. Will keep Elfie in my prayers.
Oh, Char, my guide enjoyed another of those bones you sent him... special treat for Thanksgiving! :)
Well, should go for now. Hope you all have a lovely day :)
Michelle

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

November 29, 2011
5:13 AM

Post #8910022

@ Carole: PPPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHHHHLLLLLLPPPPPT :P

@ Michelle and the gang: Good Morning!!! :D

Heigh ho, heigh ho . . ..

A.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 29, 2011
5:59 AM

Post #8910066

Michelle so glad the bones are making your dog happy. That is what I wanted to do.
Good morning everyone.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 29, 2011
4:11 PM

Post #8910640

Sometimes you can't sleep either, Carole? There are lots of nights I can't or the zzzzz's just doesn't last long.

My MIL enjoys poinsettias and will pick up a couple for her. The jury's still out if they'll be dazzled or not...lol They do last a good while for her, possibly because she keeps her thermostat on the cool side.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

November 29, 2011
6:31 PM

Post #8910796

OMG.

I am so sick of poinsettias. HA!!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 29, 2011
7:11 PM

Post #8910849

And the fun is just beginning...lol I was chatting with a friend today when he mentioned so many of the poinsettias his wife has been in charge of since August at the wholesale operation where she works are simply huge, and he stretched out his arms to show me how big, like he was hugging a huge oak tree. The schedule and cost of fertilizer he mentioned to grow them from babies for all these months was mind-boggling and said hundreds of the beauties she grew are already gracing stately hotels and posh offices, just waiting for Christmas parties.

What happened? We're missing a couple of peeps from the list up there.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

November 29, 2011
7:29 PM

Post #8910876

Yep - ours come delivered in a plastic sleeve which is supposed to stay on to protect the plant. I was at a Sam's club today where someone is pulling down the sleeve on every plant that comes in. I had to pull dozens of plants off the floor even though someone who didn't know plants might not notice that the actual flowers (the yellow part in the center) had all fallen away, bracts were creased and tired looking, yellowing leaves underneath, and too many people have poked and pulled them.

You know, just because I can bring a plant back from the brink of death doesn't mean anyone else can. It's been hard to put a professional eye on the plants as a "product", but knowing that it's brand name recognition and that people won't buy them again if they get home with a crappy looking plant has helped me to overcome my upset at knowing that places like Sam's simply discards the plant to zero it out of inventory. I came up with a rule of thumb to decide about the condition/appearance of a plant - "What would my mom say if the flower shop back home delivered this plant to her door?" My mother had been known to reject plants and/or call the florist and complain. I'd say that's the best way to judge whether someone else is willing to pay $16 or more for a plant that is at least 36" in diameter.

HAte it hate it hate it, but there it is. That is why today I hate poinsettias. I'll feel better about them tomorrow, I hope. ;)

Have a good night!

A.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

November 30, 2011
2:42 AM

Post #8911148

My mother was exactly the same way, A. She so looked forward to the poinsettia my brother sent her every Christmas and if she didn't like it, she'd call and tell the florist to come get it back. Or she'd call him and tell him to call the florist and complain since he's the one who spent the money on it. :)

Fruit, I fell asleep at 6 pm and woke up at 1 a.m. that morning all bright-eyed, etc. Well, one of the cats woke me up. He was in my face. Whoever took in a third cat should have their head examined. Oh yeah, it was I. :-/

Walmart does the same thing here now ... they throw away all of their left-over plants of any kind. Some are quite salvageable.

Ya'll have a good day.

^_^

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 30, 2011
7:11 AM

Post #8911244

Same way with dogs. Lay on your tummy and stare at you...3 dog night...

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

November 30, 2011
8:01 AM

Post #8911315

And 3 cat night. ^_^

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 30, 2011
8:15 AM

Post #8911330

Great?? isn't it????

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

November 30, 2011
9:57 AM

Post #8911429

Uh huh. ^_^ ^_^ ♥♥♥
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 30, 2011
4:03 PM

Post #8911788

Like last year, I ordered 2012 Calendars for each of you members and mailed out a batch today. Hope to finish the mail outs early next week. Elfie, USPS doesn't like your address or maybe it was my input, but never fear, Dear, yours will get there. You certainly have your plate full now. Just know I'm continuing to think about you and hubby and your family every day.

Bet your hands are full too, Paula. Have you moved in your new house yet? Such an exciting time for you! Anyway, should I use your existing address or your new one? Don't have the new one but if that's the one you want me to use, you could D-mail it to me.

Those I promised Daylilies to will have to wait til next year. Many of the ones requested were too small to divide yet and I want you to receive the ones you asked for. Beds have been put to rest for the year and tonight will be our coldest with temps down in the mid-20's.

Everybody be toasty!

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 30, 2011
4:07 PM

Post #8911790

Toasty is the word. I thought about having a fire in the fireplace tonight, but by the time I got done splitting wood for 4 hours I was too pooped to load up some and bring it to the house. Maybe tomorrow night. The big problem with splitting wood here at the house is the uneven nature of the property. So to keep the splitter level it ends up farther and farther from the wood that needs split. Today we actually rolled this huge rounds down the yard, but it was heavy work. Anyone want to send a crane to get me out of bed tomorrow?
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 30, 2011
4:43 PM

Post #8911842

Ugh... I hope Paula can still get mail at the old address!!! She should have gotten a box from me today.. I hope :( I didn't think about it when I sent it out last week.. ACK!

Hey, Fruity..I just noticed that the hosta you gave me at the gathering this summer.. it's putting up a new shoot to bloom! This is the 2nd one since the summer :) I love it!
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

November 30, 2011
5:00 PM

Post #8911872

Hello everyone,
No...still haven't moved, BUT it is finished (the house) not the yard!! Oh Boy! We are not getting in a rush...there's so many other things to be 'stressed' about right now, I told my husband I did not want that to add to it. Today I started taking some clothes over. I hope to move the dining room and possibly my son's room this week. We're just going to do it ourselves. My husband has big delivery trucks, so that's no problem. The problem is finding enough 'suckers' err...I meant friends and family to help us carry it in and out. Don't worry about the address, I check both and will for a while. We still haven't put the current one on the market yet, need to do a little 'freshening up'.

Chris, I did get your package today...I will post it on the right forum...thank you so much, I love it!!

Fruity, I have so enjoyed the calendar...I was just looking at it a few minutes ago and was said that I only had one more month to look at it. You are such a sweetheart.

I have my tree, but it is not decorated yet, got to take it to the new house tomorrow. I hope by the end of next week, we will be sleeping there.

Take care...I am still around and check in everyday, but usually too pressed for time to do any typing. I am off to pack up the china and crystal so we can move that hopefully tomorrow.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 30, 2011
6:11 PM

Post #8911941

You'll get there in due time, Paula. I can't imagine having to move again and would have to have a freaking big incentive like yours moving to a new home. Any chance you can borrow some of your son's friends to help move the heavy stuff? Maybe in exchange for a pizza party?

Got a toasty fire going in our wood stove. Hubby's nickname from now til Spring is GW...get wood.

That's awesome, Chris. Is your pot inside or out on your balcony? My Hostas like yours have mushy yellow leaves from being frostbitten. They are the only ones the deer never bothered. I did notice this morning in the same bed the Ajuga, along with a Centaurea, are both reblooming their little purple heads off even after several frosty nights.

Neener, are you still up to your ears packing for your kitchen remodel? And would you like for us to mail our old calendars to you again this year?
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 30, 2011
8:03 PM

Post #8912066

Hi, all.
Ooo, a nice warm fire in the fireplace sounds lovely... Lots of wind coming through today and tomorrow. Was suppose to be here in the morning, but it didn't reach us until this evening. And now that the sun is down, it's getting cold.
Before checking to see what all had been posted today, I went out on the deck for a brief visit with my plants. Just had to enjoy the fragrance of the paperwhites and the dianthus (Susan, they're still blooming!). That's when I noticed that the wind had come up. But it was interesting, too, because on one hand, I could still feel the warmth that the walls around the deck had absorbed from the sun, but I could also feel the coming cold from the wind.
Paula, glad to hear your new house is finally done! The yard will be, too... all in time :) In the meantime, do take a few moments in all the craziness of moving and just enjoy the fact that the house is ready to be moved into. I certainly don't envy you having to do all that packing and moving though. I'm sure it will be quite nice when it's all done :)
Carole, I know that you're officially joining at the beginning of the new year, but even so: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :) Hope you're day's been a lovely one.
Susan, I too was just thinking the other day that there was only one more month on the calendar you sent. Was wondering what I'd put there next year... :) It's been fun having the pictures of all the flowers up where everyone who comes over can enjoy them, too.
Chris, that's really cool that your hosta is blooming now. Didn't know that hostas bloomed at this time of year. Mine just bloom in the spring.
Well, must go for now. Stay warm and safe, everyone!
Michelle

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

November 30, 2011
11:57 PM

Post #8912161

Thank you so much, Michelle. It was a very nice day. ^_^
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

December 1, 2011
12:33 AM

Post #8912169

Charleen love your works ,love seeing the flowers. have had a very bad month.. hope i can get back on track.

Faye , mailing your things next week i will not be late again.. its rough to have a birthday in Dec. i know that,,lol. i always looked forward to the pks. coming.. then i get mail and something.,.lol.

blessings everyone.. take care..
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 1, 2011
4:52 AM

Post #8912247

[quote="FruitOfTheVine"]
Neener, are you still up to your ears packing for your kitchen remodel? And would you like for us to mail our old calendars to you again this year?
[/quote]

Working on the powder rooms right now. Kitchen doesn't start until after the first of the year. As soon as they give me a firm date I will start packing up. I should be doing some advance cooking, but can't get my head wrapped around that right now. I'm good for calendars right now. have a whole drawer full. Just got a neato score board thing the other day, but haven't had time to make any envies. Thanks for asking!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 1, 2011
4:02 PM

Post #8912942

Paula, this IS the right forum... that is a birthday present from this mistress of procrastination!!! LOL!!!! ^_^

Fruity- they are all inside which is a good thing, cause it started snowing while I was at work! I know, I know- it's December, but boy, I sure was hoping we'd miss snow this year LOL..
It's not sticking to the roads, so that's a good thing :)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 1, 2011
4:19 PM

Post #8912957

Gosh dang it! How did I miss your birthday yesterday, Carole? Too much blabbing and not enough reading. Hope it was extra special, Girlie :)

Sounds like you had a lovely time outdoors, Michelle. Just regular wind? Thinking you're too far North for the Santa Ana's?

You can keep the white stuff up there, Chris, at least for a while. I hope the really warm Autumn we had isn't a sign of a harsh Winter.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 1, 2011
4:32 PM

Post #8912977

Oh crap.. I dropped the ball too Froot. Sorry Carole.. Happy belated birthday. I'm sorry I missed it. Could you reschedule it for next week? :0)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 1, 2011
5:54 PM

Post #8913092

Me three. sorry girl. But hope it was a great one!!
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 1, 2011
7:30 PM

Post #8913211

Chris,
I know...after I posted that and went to a different forum, I realized that was the birthday forum. I was thinking it was Fruitys Christmas one. Sorry about that, I will try to post pics tomorrow.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 1, 2011
7:54 PM

Post #8913249

Hi, all.
Carole, glad to hear you had a nice birthday :)
Fruity, not Santa Ana winds, but much windier than usual. They were predicting winds with gusts up to 70 mph in the East Bay hills and in the Santa Cruz mountains. Not that bad for us at sea level, but definitely windier than usual. Glad the wind has died down now.
Twyla, hope things improve for you soon! Will keep you in prayer. Glad you could stop by :)
Chris, toss some snowballs for me :)
should go for now. Stay safe, everyone!
Michelle

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 2, 2011
12:57 AM

Post #8913372

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I'll work on that rescheduling thing and see what I can do. :-D)))

CA is taking a hit with those Santa Ana winds. I remember them well. :(
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 2, 2011
4:25 AM

Post #8913419

Oh Carole -

I missed your birthday. Happy Belated birthday. I hope you had a wonderful day.

Carolyn

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 2, 2011
9:20 AM

Post #8913684

Taking suggestions on what the hell to do with this Vanda Orchid that came from a neighbor who has no clue. HA!

Help? Is cutting the roots the only way to go here? Can it be separated? Or just transplanted?

I have a wooden box to hang it in, but it's not large enough for this root mass. O well.

Have moss and orchid mix and everything...

A.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 2, 2011
7:11 PM

Post #8914362

Amanda, from what I can see that is not a Vanda. Could you post a picture of the whole plant. Maybe a cymbidium...

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 2, 2011
8:00 PM

Post #8914397

Just got thru posting pictures from above and in profile of this plant over in the orchid forum. They said it was not a vanda either. Not concerned with type - just what my neighbor told me when she gave it to me, and what her friend told her when SHE gave it to HER. Ha. Hearsay . . ...

Here it is from the top:

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 2, 2011
8:00 PM

Post #8914398

And in profile:

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 2, 2011
11:15 PM

Post #8914512

Hi, all.
No winds today... Beautiful sunny weather today. Weather like today's is truly a blessing during the cold months. Heard on the radio this morning that the winds we were getting were from the north. Also sounded like Southern California had even worse winds (up to 100 mph!). Some people lost power from all the wind, but thankfully, we didn't lose ours.
Amanda, wish you the best with that plant.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Michelle
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 3, 2011
4:21 AM

Post #8914573

Amanda,
It does look like a cymbidium. I have over 200 different orchids and this is the one that I have had no luck with. If the roots aren't firm, I would trim them off. Definately try to loosen them a little and use the orchid bark to repot it. Good luck with it!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 3, 2011
5:29 AM

Post #8914625

Maybe you can take it and swish it back and forth in a bucket of warm water, I wouldn't use cold, and it can help work the roots loose without any damage. then trim off the dead ones. It will losen the soil in the roots too. Poor thing. I have one and it is in a fame and never has seen soil that I know of.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 3, 2011
7:07 AM

Post #8914704

Thanks for your thoughts on the orchid. I guess I have never had the patience to grow orchids and have given the one or two away that came across my path. They seem to need a more stable home-life than I have been able to provide. Ha ha hah a.

I've had verification also from the orchid forum on the genus/species. Looks like the vanda orchid is a neat air plant - not as common? I would love to try one of those. Had a friend with hanging air orchids which were fascinating.

Looks like I've got me a project and perhaps new hobby (?). I don't find gardening to be a hobby anymore. It is so intrinsic to my life.

Have a lovely day. :)

A.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 3, 2011
1:58 PM

Post #8915111

Good luck with your Orchid, Manda. Never have had luck with those I've tried.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 5, 2011
5:28 AM

Post #8916938

New Thread Ladies

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1232553/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America