Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Computer Talk: Good Garden Iphone apps?

Communities > Forums > Computer Talk
bookmark
Forum: Computer TalkReplies: 4, Views: 63
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
madison11
Raleigh, NC

November 2, 2011
8:20 AM

Post #8873169

Does anyone have any recommendations for Good iphone apps that are helpful references in the garden.
Eggs_Zachtly
Washington, MO
(Zone 5b)

November 3, 2011
2:02 PM

Post #8874991

You can't get this site on an iPhone?
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

November 3, 2011
6:40 PM

Post #8875409

You can--you have to scroll around a bit but I don't find it too bad to navigate on the phone.
Eggs_Zachtly
Washington, MO
(Zone 5b)

November 4, 2011
10:59 AM

Post #8876323

Works great on my Droid. A double tap zooms a column, and reformats it to fit the screen. Not too much scrolling. I use it all the time. Can't think of a better "reference app" for gardening than this site and a browser. =)
farmerfarmer
San Francisco, CA

May 23, 2012
4:51 PM

Post #9135709

Smartgardener.com has a truckload of info that can be viewed from the phone. The app functions of the site, especially the garden planner, don't all work as well on my phone (iphone 4) but the information about plants and their gardening manual can be viewed perfectly. They have thousands of detailed plant profiles with all the nitty gritty info you need from soil pH to hardiness zones to minimal soil temp for planting down to the variety level.

There are some other garden apps on iPhone but they are pretty bare roots so far.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Computer Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hotmail help Calalily 13 Jul 17, 2008 11:51 AM
Screen Capture Programs holty 16 Feb 8, 2010 2:13 AM
This 'problem' is driving me nuts! hczone6 10 Feb 11, 2014 4:24 PM
Laptop recommendations Gwendalou 10 Jul 30, 2007 10:12 PM
G Mail Invitations PudgyMudpies 43 Dec 28, 2007 12:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America