Help locating

Utica, NY(Zone 4b)

Well it's quilt time for me.... and I want to purchase batting in bulk.... I don't really care for the poly stuff as it get caught in my sewing foot =(

Is there a batting you prefer? How 'bout a place I can get it in bulk/by the roll? of course a good price would be nice but Iwill need it anyways!

I'm trying a disappearing 9patch this year =) Wish me luck!!

jmr

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi Jane so glad you are here. I love D9P in fact just getting ready to start another one in blue, yellow and white. I think most in here prefer Warm and Natural batting. JoAnn's has it either by the package or by the roll. Watch for sales or coupons as it will be 40-50% off then.

Pictures please we love show and tell.

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

I use Warm & Natural from JoAnns and buy it by the roll. A couple times a year it is over 50% off.
And check the web pricing which is sometimes lower than the store. And then you usually get free shipping.

(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

Me too love the "Warm and Natural" very nice to quilt.
Cher

Utica, NY(Zone 4b)

I never purchased it before so I could not tell you a good price from a bad price.... All I know is I have 3 quilt tops waiting to be finished...basic squares...nothing fancy as I am a beginner =)

jmr

(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

Joanns carries it and you can get great deals if you can wait if not i think it is around the 20 dollar mark for a queen size with no coupons or sales.
Cher

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Any time you can get Warm and Natural for half price (it is usually around $10 a yard) is a good day. I buy it by the roll too. Or at least a 10 yard minimum which goes a long way for me...

Do check online. If your news paper doesn't have the coupons, and you aren't signed up for them from JoAnn's, let me know I usually have extras.

I bought an Ott light from JoAnn's online. It was 50% off plus another 15% off total order which more than covered the shipping.

Utica, NY(Zone 4b)

Has anyone purchased and tried this product?

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?PRODID=prd26549

jmr

I haven't maybe if you have a JoAnn's close you can look at it in person before ordering.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

I use warm & natural or warm & white, buy by the roll when on sale. Or when I have a 50% off coupon, and if your store does not have a roll when it is on sale they will order it for you and you get it at the sale price!!

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

I only use 100% cotton batting. Usually it's Warm and Natural or Warm and White. I make all my quilted pieces with all cotton....

I would never waste my $$$$ on a poly batting. The polly does give you the "fluff" but does not wear well. And most long arm quilters won't even quilt with a poly batting.

That jacket that I loved so well. I made the mistake of using poly batting, (over 30 years ago) bit by bit it worked its way through the fabric. I was forever clipping off the "nerds". I swore off poly then.

Poly also disintegrates. After 10 years you are left with 2 pieces of fabric & no batting. And before it is all gone, you get the lumps.

(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

Yup only cotton for me too. I too made a quilt in high school with poly and after 2 washes the quilt was a lumpy mess
Cher

Lexington Park, MD

Warm and Natural on sale for $7.99 Fri ,Sat and Sun at JoAnn's.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Uh..OH... bad news for me as I have used poly many times. I do have Warm and Natural now so maybe I can redeem myself!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images