Is it me, or has the past year flown by? I can’t believe it’s already time for our Christmas exchange! Thank you so much, LK, for volunteering to Co-Hostess
Among the suggestions of gifts below are several clever ideas many of you submitted. When you sign up, pick TWO categories by the numbers you’d like to RECEIVE and also let us know if you’re allergic to any foods or scents. Also mention the type of decorations you like or don’t like. Your Secret Santa may choose to send more than the two categories you pick.
1. Receive a Stuffed Stocking, either bought or homemade.
2. Receive an Ornament, a decorative Santa, Snowman, or Snow Woman. It’ll be up to your Buddy to choose which one.
3. Receive a minimum of six bows along with a plain wreath, homemade or bought. You as the recipient will be able to change the bows during the coming months and decorate the wreath to your liking.
4. Receive a new decorated Red or Green Garden Trowel or another new decorated gardening tool you can display inside or out. Again, it’ll be your Buddy’s choice.
5. Receive a small artificial tree decorated with traditional or non-traditional items. Non-traditional items could include shells, mirrored tiles, pine cones, feathers, sprays of flowers and leaves, or a combination of these or other items you have in your craft stash or imagination. It’s totally up to your Secret Santa how your tree will be decorated.
6. Receive food or non-food items. A few food items could be cookies, cakes, brownies, chocolates, pickles, and jams. Non-food items could include soaps, potpourri, fuzzy socks, or dish towels. Just for suggestions. Your Buddy will surprise you with their choice(s).
7. Receive a Glass Jar Candle with the scent of your Buddy’s choice.
8. Receive a regional cookbook OR several recipe note cards OR a magazine, new or used, that features Holiday recipes. Again this option will be left up to your Buddy.
9. Receive a mystery gift that begins with First Initial of YOUR User ID.
10. Receive a Large or Small garden flag OR Wind Chimes…your Buddy’s choice.
As always, our goal is to have fun as we celebrate another Christmas together and enjoy each other’s company! Put your thinking caps on, use your imagination, and brighten someone’s day with a box of gifts whether they’re on the suggested lists or not.
If you have not participated in a swap I’ve moderated, prior to posting, please D-mail me your name, address, phone number and email address for my log.
All participants need to ensure your subscription is paid through January 31, 2012.
The value of the gifts you send should be around $20, excluding Priority Mail with a Delivery Confirmation Number.
Sign-Up ENDS Saturday, November 6th, at Noon.
You'll receive your Buddy’s name shortly afterwards in a D-mail from either LK or me. Reveal your Secret Santa when you receive your package. Please Priority Mail your package with a Delivery Confirmation number no later than the week of December 5th. If you are mailing fragile items, please insure your package. Keep your receipt handy or D-mail the Delivery Confirmation number you used to either LK or me, depending on which one of us assigned your Buddy. NEVER post tracking numbers directly on our threads.