Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

pic 3

Thumbnail by DonnaB
(Zone 6b)

So beautiful.

Conroe, TX

ADORABLE!!!

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

boo hoo they are Brazilian Teal. I was planning on getting rid of the adults already. Only the Hottentot should have bred now. I am still down sizing the animals and just keeping the smaller ducks and a few bigger ones that don't have attitude. The Brazilian and Chest-nut breasted are giving attitude to some of the others

edited to say #3 popped out today. Think #4 is a quitter. Still have 4 more to go for another week or so

This message was edited Nov 4, 2011 6:19 PM

(Zone 6b)

DonnaB, do those ducks have to be in a place with wire on the top to keep them from flying away? I was just thinking.... gee, I'd like to have those babies... but I don't know anything about them really. I've had those big white ducks a few times in my life and just adored them.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

LFJ these ducks are from Brazil and full flight so yes they need a large flight pen(Aviary) with roof. They run $100 a piece. I was supposed to trade them (3 adults)or the Chestnut-breasted pr. out today for more Hottentot Teal but am really sick. I have ear, sinus, throat infection and very congested chest so cancelled. Feeling a little better as the antibiotics are finallly kicking in.

(Zone 6b)

Thanks DonnaB. So, yes I am not prepared for them. What kind of duck could I get that would be happy with my silkies in the backyard and not fly away?

Sorry you are sick. Get better soon.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

only a domestic, not any of the exotics

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.