flea market find

Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX(Zone 8b)

found this bedroom set at the flea market $50.00
this will be the vanity for the bathroom still trying to decide on what type of bowl sink I'm going to use.

Thumbnail by denimangle

mirror

Thumbnail by denimangle

the dresser will also go in to hold towels etc.

Thumbnail by denimangle
Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

I'd recommend a vessel sink, maybe a dark glass.

the bed frame I think ill make a bench out of

Thumbnail by denimangle

Oh yes it will be a vessel .. just not sure what it will be made of .. glass, wood , copper etc.. a local guy carved a sink for his guest bath it was AWESOME...
im having thoughts of doing something like that ..

im not sure how old this set is . but its in very good condition and very well made
this is the side of one of the vanity drawers

Thumbnail by denimangle
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

What a lovely accent for the floor! I am in AWE and just a little green. ;)

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

The style indicates late 40's-early 50's.

Lorena, TX

just when I was starting to get back to normal color....you do it again!!!! our forecast is for severe storms so this time my green glow will maybe not be so noticeable......LOL

awesome.....floor...furniture....everything.....

not sure I can stand any more!!!!!

thank you all

thanks for dating Frogymon I knew it was old
now getting an age range do I want to cut holes in the vanity ... hmmmm
or use it as a bedroom set ..

Kanuallc hunker down.. they are saying its going to be bad over your way .. we won't get any till tomorrow afternoon
Wait till you see the walls ....lol

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Absolutely beautiful!

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Lisa, Have you shown Jesse the pictures of her floor? You guys might want to try something like that too.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Go for it; we've been looking for a piece like that for 2 yrs.

(Zone 5a)

It's going to be just beautiful! Those are my kind of bathroom furnishings! To me those are real treasures.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

I am like you and don't think I would cut a hole in that dresser. I would use it in its entirety as an actual bedroom suite. I would start a search for one that doesn't have the whole set with it and cut that one.

frogy we use to have a booth at a fleamarket and someone setup across from us one weekend I saw it from across the road, I thought it was just the vanity went to look and was shocked to find the whole set grabbed it up not evening really looking at it . its been sitting here for about 2 years .these are the first pictures I have taken.
the more I look the nicer it is :)

thanks Billy

Elena im thinking more that way ..
DH will do the cutting if its cut .. I dont think I could do it ...lol its such a nice set but it is only a full size bed and all our kids are at least 6' tall ... my son is 6'8" might not want to stay at moms hahaha!!!

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

If you aren't going to use the set because of the width, you are probably not going to hurt things by going ahead and using it. My kids are all tall also. I am the runt in the family and I am shrinking all the time. I used to be tall for a girl but no longer. Now I look like a dwarf when we have family gatherings. As long as I still have a strong voice and lots of spunk nobody dares pick on me however. LOL!

Lorena, TX

everything you've done has been so "right" that I think if you bought it for this purpose....how could you not???? those sets are still around so if you ever want to use one "as is".....I have re-made side rails on older beds to fit longer mattress.

whichever way you go.....can't wait to see....I'm getting used to being GREEN !!!! LOL

:) @ kanuallc

I still have time to think about this .. have to get the walls up first & redo the clawfoot tub

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

That is an excellent idea to make new rails. We have a really old homemade oak bed that was much shorter than our beds are these days and hubby made new rails for it many years ago.

Lorena, TX

oh yeah....THE WALLS.....can we just stop with all the waiting and let me come live in your bathroom?????

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I love the idea of using it in the bathroom.

The Walls were given to me by friends that tour down a 100+ year old barn They were going to burn it all Yikes I almost passed out ....lol
they just gave me that look .. y'all know they look ...hahaha

they now bring me lots of cool things like door nobs

Lorena, TX

I quit....resigned to stay green.

door knobs.....towel holders.....robe hooks.....etc.....

Yes, yes & yes ....lol

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

I love the look........ I get that more often than you could ever imagine.
I was green long before Kermit or most folks were. It stems from the saying that my mother always used, "Necessity is the mother of invention." I don't and never have bought NEW unless it is something I can't find otherwise with a little scouting around.

(Zone 5a)

Cracking up, I read everything, and agree!

Elena, my quote is ''waste not, want not." I used it before I fully understood it :o)

Being green first is cool!

Lorena, TX

sorry....altho I do "live green" as much as possible, my being green on this thread is all my envy at all the fantastic things denim is doing !!!!

hahaha
I was born into recycler My grandfather would of been called a horder ..lol but he sure had some great stuff ..I guess it was gum wrapers then pop tops when I was a kid
then I started with blue jeans making quilts I had to find things to do with all the jean scrapd.. & did. then when I started doing wood work I would hit the builders for their wood trash .. they sure toss a lot of good wood out .
meeting a lady in the morning She has glass for me ... and then run to the next town to pickup more barn tin ...it has taken a bit to get hubby on board .. but he is comming around:)
I don't tell him its green .. just look at all the money I saved

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

I love that furniture as bathroom fixtures! If you ever want it as bedroom furniture again you could rework it in no time.
btw, that funny glow in the west is me glowing green with envy at your talents & what you've produced☺

June there will be 2 holes cut in the top so its all or nothing ...lol and I don't think I would ever change it ..

Southern California, CA

That furniture will be great in your bathroom. I would not hesitate to cut into it, unless you *need* a bedroom set. It would be a nice bedroom set, as well. The furniture sort of has a cowboy feel like the Coronado or Monterey or California Spanish Revival Style that is becoming so popular toady. A green glow coming from me in California, too!

Dahlonega, GA

Denim , I was born in 1938 and Mother had a bedroom set like that . I got it when Daddy moved to a smaller place . (She left it with him when they divorced ) . My husband left it out in the rain for two weeks when I was visiting Mother , right after I got it and hadn't moved it in yet. He went and picked it up for me while I was gone . It was veneer and it ended up in the burn pile . I never did forgive him for that .
If I can talk Present D H into going back home I- 20 instead of I -10 , this next April ,I sure would like an invite to stop by and see your home .That would give me an excuse to get a fruit cake in Corsicana.lol

Wow that even older then I thought it may give me chills to cut holes in the top .
Twist his arm and come on down ... we are about 40 miles south of the yummy fritcake ( its the only fruit cake I will eat. This time of year they have all kinds of samples set out DH like to graze the store hahaha!!

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

You can buy those fruitcakes online. They are the delight of our Christmas eating (Third place to justmelisa's pralines and Melody's fudge.). I like to buy hubby one of their regular ones and he gets me one of their apricot cakes. It is an expensive luxury that we haven't indulged in for several years. I might just surprise him with one on Christmas Day and maybe it will be too late for him to buy me one. (Darn they are costly!) Tee hee.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Oh, dear me! I WANT a fruitcake this year but don't want to spend that kind of money. I would dearly love to graze my way around their store. I would be there all the time like a stray cat or dog.

Dahlonega, GA

Thanks Denim .
When I was just a young girl , about 7 or 8 , my dad introduced me to those fruitcakes . He said they were the only ones that were real , and the best . If anyone looks at the list of ingrediants , Pecans are first !

Elena, DH would be too I have to keep him away ...lol the cakes are spendy for sure

Sally when was the last time you were there .. they have so many different kinds now its crazy and they are ALL GOOD ...

Dahlonega, GA

about four or five years ago . We talked about them opening the new store close to I-35 and Hwy 31 . Can't remember which city it is . That's the spring after we were there .When I sold my house in Ark . I don't have any reason to go that way any more, except to see what's changed .The distance is about the same . Johnny likes to stop in south La and get boudin and cracklins . We got about six different cookies but the shortbread was my favorite

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Apricots are my favorite fruit and that is why I am so addicted to the apricot ones. Guess this is a good time to try to cure and addiction, huh???? :>(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.