AuthorContent

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 8, 2011
4:28 AM

Post #8881192

Thought perhaps a move over might be in order ..

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1223530/

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
Click the image for an enlarged view.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 8, 2011
4:32 AM

Post #8881197

Someone had mentioned 'slow loading' .. maybe a fresh page will help.

Found this little saying the other day .. how true !!

“No warmth, no cheerfulness, no helpful ease, no comfortable feel in any member -- no shade, no shine, no butterflies, no bees, no fruits, no flowers, no leaves, no birds -- November!”

Kind dreary with 'THAT' kind of chill in the air, but, happily no 'S' !!!!

Off to the dentist for a cleaning today .. I can hardly wait ... NOT!!!

:-)

~M~

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2011
7:02 AM

Post #8881361

Thanks for the move. I hadn't said anything this time, but when it reached about 190 posts, I sometimes just stop watching.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 8, 2011
9:20 AM

Post #8881512

Ooops forgot, thanks "M" for the move over and the November saying.

Going to be mild temps tomorrow, think about 17..not bad for November.

I've been having mega trouble with pain - knees, arms etc. talk about thrilled when I got home last night to see that Cathy had been over and worked all day in the yard raking. Said she might come over and finish the back today..aren't friends grand!!

Not sure, but think it's raining

Mall just finished decorating the Christmas tree, Suzanne has Christmas music playing ever so softly..hmmm going to be a long few months waiting for santa.

Carol how are you feeling?

ViolaAnn, any travelling plans? concerts?

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2011
1:57 PM

Post #8881838

No travel plans until Christmas when we'll head to Vancouver.

No Christmas concerts except Come Sing Messiah on Dec. 2 and the handbells - they play at a curling luncheon on Dec. 16, in church on the 18th and at a Carol Sing at a church which housed our offices while we were in exile on the 20th. Different repertoire for all; so I've been busy figuring out what we can play.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 8, 2011
2:39 PM

Post #8881908

No Christmas decorations here... not until 1st week of December lol
THIS year I will get decorating earlier - usually I get "down in the dumps" but I refuse to This year lol

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 9, 2011
5:24 AM

Post #8882678

Down in the dumps today :-(
Found out yesterday I need to have 2, perhaps THREE teeth extracted .. now I know I have 31 teeth in there, and what's the loss of 2 or 3, but, to me it;s HUGE. I am kind of a 'teeth fanatic' .. I have always maintained a twice a year hygeinist visit with regular dental exams .. I brush faithfully 2-3 times a day, and I am a flosser .. seems one of my wisdom teeth is not doing well, and it's removal creates a domino effect. If the upper right one goes, so too much the lower right one.
And, the tooth that abcessed last Xmas eve is also going to be a goner ..
I see the oral surgeon in Dec for a consult and more XRays .. hopefully he won't suggest extractions on Dec. 23 !! But I doubt he will. My dentist said the oral surgeon will put me into a twilight sleep and the procedure will be quick .. well .. bully for it being quick !! When you're a BIG CHICKEN, comme moi, quick is not quick enough LoL
Anyway, that's my sad story ..

Purdy darned 'CRISP' out there today .. where ever the snow that is predicted is coming from will be a surprise. I have looked at 3 weather sites and see nothing but clear skies.

Best get a move on .. hope everyone has a fine day.
Betty, I sure hope Suzanne is playing that Xmas music REAL low :-)

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 9, 2011
6:16 AM

Post #8882761

Morning, brisk here as well, imagine, they say a few flurries tomorrow. How can you almost be in shorts one day and snowsuit the next? Beyond me..
Sorry to hear about the dental work needed. Awful thing to say but am I glad I got dentures in my teens..lol NO MORE DENTIS for me!!

ViolaAnn, does that mean you still need to get together for practice a few times before mid Dec.? How long will you be in Vancouver..

"M" bad enough that Suzanne is playing christmas music but mall staff are below my window , yesterday they finished decorating a 50' tree, now putting santa's sleigh together and about 8 other trees, imagine santa will be here daily come mid November..imagine!

Susan, how is the job going? Settling in?
I was hoping last Sunday to put Christmas lights out while it was nice but was just tooo tired. Going back to Buffalo this weekend with shoppers who shop till you drop and guess who is the driver, so there will be no rest..doubtful I'll get lights up Sunday..perhaps it will have to wait until a week Sunday, see if I can't get Kyle to drop in and help.

Speaking of Kyle, he goes to Walmart at 1:30 for interview, they are looking for Christmas Staff..told him NOT to get his hopes up too high but I'll be saying a prayer he gets it. Just spend last winter's and summer earning on a snowmobile..I got him his trail pass for Christmas but insurance is high so he must find something to pay for that and gas.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 9, 2011
8:48 AM

Post #8882928

Marilyn - sorry to hear of your impending Dentist visit...

Betty - they did warn me that it would be very very slow sometimes, but Now is the time, I guess...
I'm left with very little to do, but don't want to be too obvious that I'm on these sites... but geeeeeeeze!
Every once in a while I get something to do, and I'm going through company network files to familiarize myself with everything, but they don't even ask me to take minutes and they have lots of meetings. Ah well, everything in it's own time...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 9, 2011
9:00 AM

Post #8882944

Sounds Susan like your job is like mine, well almost, it will be when they let you bring in your quilting..I'm sitting here putting beads on reindeer antlers on the quilts I'm making...lol best I not say hard day at the office!

I'm sure they do not want to put you on overload, bit at a time...enjoy it while it lasts.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 9, 2011
9:59 AM

Post #8883008

Well, today I'm getting the windows cleaned by our Cleaners, and setting up to have new interior door keypads put on the building (2 door system - key to get in from outside, to an interior door, and the new keypad will be put on these doors). woo hoo... that's not taking a lot of time, BUT as I'm cc'ing people in the company, they will see how I handle new vendors, etc - professionally.
The other day I put together a binder with information I printed from their internal web... another woo hoo!
Anyway, it's Some work... and I get paid for it!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 9, 2011
11:55 AM

Post #8883123

That's all you can ask for..picture this..
Zellers has turkey dinner with dressing so I've my dinner in front of my computer typing to you, on the side is my ipad, looking at flights to my very right I have the quilt I'm working on, doing some hand sewing, at my feet an afghan..and they say working isn't easy when you are aged!!!! not true..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 9, 2011
1:02 PM

Post #8883238

ROFLMFAO

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 10, 2011
4:43 AM

Post #8884321

WHOA Betty !! Talk about 'multi tasking' !!! You be the QUEEN LoL
Hope the turkey dinner was good :-)

Had the puppers out a bit ago, strong west wind ... with ... teeny tiny wafts of FLURRIES !!! Not a constant surge, just spotty .. the driveway is a little white .. notice I am trying to MINIMIZE this ... I want to go to the border to pick up a parcel .. but am kind of waffling on it .. I know my vehicle is new, and whips into 4 wheel drive quickly, but, until I am absolutely SURE we wouldn't be heading into a wicked storm .. we'll be staying home .. OR .. going to town to buy a NEW DVD player 'HO HO HO' .. NOT!! Darned thing is only 2 years old .. watched 3/4 of a movie last evening, and PFFFTTT .. the player quit! Gordon fixed it about 3 weeks ago and all has been well .. but I think perhaps it;s time for a new one .. one good thing is they aren't too expensive ..

Hope everyone has a beauty day :-)

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 10, 2011
8:49 AM

Post #8884600

"M" think all the players are now quite reasonable..sunrise was spectacular this morning however even in the mall here I can feel the cold..must be doors opening and closing.

I'm looking at all the 'to do' downstairs getting ready for christmas..can you imagine Mall Santa will be here next weekend????

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 10, 2011
9:08 AM

Post #8884627

Well, I'm pulling a "Betty" lol have a plastic bin under my desk with squares of polar fleece, and am sewing them together by hand, to make those small blankies for the Crying Room at the back of our church's sanctuary.
Betty - you're a terrible influence LOL
The bosses and most of the P Engineers are in Edmonton at a meeting. Bosses are on vacation day tomorrow, and some of the engineers, too, so it'll be very quiet. More sewing to do, eh?
I don't have enough hours in to get Remembrance Day off, so, as the company is open and I want to get paid, I'm here.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 10, 2011
10:33 AM

Post #8884774

Enjoy it while you can Susan! I find having mega things to do makes to day fly by..my craft almost do the same but I do prefer to be busy. Paul was just telling me as he's opening a main branch in Weston that he feels with signage and advertising that I must be available without any interruptions to take the assessments..now that means if a staff member takes the telephones I'll be left with absolutely nothing to do unless an assessment come in, at that time I can focus and give full attention to potential client..no wonder those calling in tell Paul I'm the best, I've nothing but time, so I listen and listen..sometimes their problems started when they are 21 and now in their 60's soooo that's a lot of listening to lol

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 10, 2011
5:34 PM

Post #8885277

lol
Well, I was given a ton of work to do x 2, and tomorrow they both want it done! Yikes!
Tomorrow we're having a pizza lunch at work, cuz there won't be many people, and I thought it would be fun :-)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 11, 2011
12:01 AM

Post #8885605

Morning everyone, this time of year we automatically glance outside to see what the weather is like, yikes..ground is covered in white stuff and still coming down, almost chunky...sure hope NOT a sign of freezing rain.

Got lazy last night and was in bed before 9' ah could have been closer to 8. Lol so now I'm up doing what should have been done last night..getting things packed up to leave this afternoon, shopping in Buffalo again, laundry etc

Will gab later, here is hoping my neck of the woods is the only region having snow!

Wouldn't you know, with so many parades for Remembrance Day they would have to deal with such weather...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 11, 2011
12:28 AM

Post #8885610

Safe travels Betty .. no snow here .. YET .. !! If I were to believe our evening weather reprt on our local news station , well, we'd be digging out as we speak ... her spin on things certainly likely put a damper on peoples plans to attend outdoor Remembrance Day services ..
Will either watch the one from Ottawa on the TV .. or .. have my own moment of silence in my vehicle while in the city ..

Picked up the wedding rings yesterday .. WOW .. they never looked so good :-)
I took a pic, have yet to download it .. in actual fact, you;d have to see them up close and personal to understand the transformation.

I should crawl back into bed .. and TRY to catch another hour or two ..

Have a good one

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 11, 2011
3:24 AM

Post #8885639

Anxious to see the rings.. Your weather woman could be telling the truth, snow still falling ever so lightly..let's hope it will be melted by this afternoon when we leave for Buffalo!

Omg I got 2 more quilt panels done this morning..1 more to go then 2nd quilt main insert done..I'll keep plugging with the 3rd..times is at a premium these days.

Time to run

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

November 11, 2011
12:08 PM

Post #8886044

Stopped by my church where they are setting up for the bazaar. They had what is likely a real diamond ring in an old-fashioned white gold setting. Were gonna put it in the silent auction. I think now they are going to check it out with a jeweler first. Looked to be close to a quarter caret stone. If it's real, they'd be far better selling it otherwise.

They also had some lovely Paragon china cups and saucers. Any idea what price someone would put on them for a bazaar?

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 11, 2011
1:09 PM

Post #8886158

A Paragon cup and saucer online is $46.00 .. very pretty china.
Diamonds are hard to gauge by just looking at them .. my Dad inherited 2 diamond rings MANY years ago from his sister who had married a wealthy New York Financier back in the 1920s/30s .. the rings bumbled about drawers and jewelery boxes, no one paid much attention to them .. in the 80s I decided to have them appraised .. SHAZAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The rings were from Tiffany and wroth well over $5000. each .. my Dad immediately put them into his safety deposit box. i have them now, and, I wear them .. why not .. something that nice SHOULD be worn.
I'll attatch a pic of the rings Brooklyn will get .. pic is kinda not that good ..

Flurrying off and on here, not staying though :-)

Take care

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 11, 2011
6:03 PM

Post #8886512

Yikes Ann - they really need to watch what they're getting for sale items, eh? 1/4 caret diamond in white gold sounds kinda antiquey...
For all I know, our church may have some valuable tea cup/saucer sets too. So many of them were donated to them by members and are now being used each time we have a tea at the church. Some are awfully pretty and others are quite elegant. Of course we also have some 50's and 60's ones. Mostly "one of" cup/saucer, but that doesn't matter.

The wind is picking up here - our chinook weather is about to be replaced with wind and blowing snow!
cybercrone
Toronto,, ON
(Zone 6a)

November 13, 2011
5:13 PM

Post #8888921

Hi all:

Well I'm back and having trouble getting caught up.

I was near the coast for quite a while and came home with all my clothes smelling musty from the damp and it took several washes to get the smell out. And I'm not through getting the house cleaned up yet. Oh, well. It will all come together I guess.

You can see some of my animal videos and flower pics at http://grannym.wordpress.com/

I scanned through the posts I missed and you all have been up to really a lot as usual. That garden party fundraiser looked wonderful. Camping looked great too.

Every place I went this year pretty much had several dogs. I'm missing the dogs a lot and thinking of maybe getting one if I can find some kind that's not too energetic and doesn't shed too much. I'd rather have a bushbaby like my friend Sonja, but that's just not possible here, so what can you do?

Better get moving - still trying to get through all the e-mail that piled up. I'm on a few lists that send information newsletters every week, so got some reading to do.

Thumbnail by cybercrone

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 13, 2011
6:37 PM

Post #8889032

Welcome Back! Yes, we've been busy, but then So Have You! Here in Calgary the dogs get charged a bus fare like every human, but I don't see many dogs on the bus... A bushbaby? What kind of dog is that?
cybercrone
Toronto,, ON
(Zone 6a)

November 13, 2011
6:49 PM

Post #8889037

Hi susan:

Thanks for the welcome.

A bushbaby is not a dog - you can see one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8gj1pmSbGU

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 13, 2011
7:00 PM

Post #8889043

oh my gosh!! He's adorable! Kinda reminds me of a chinchilla.
Looks like he'd get into Everything, too - a little mischevious lol
cybercrone
Toronto,, ON
(Zone 6a)

November 13, 2011
8:07 PM

Post #8889144

Susan, I just fell in love with him. He lives in their roof - they have a thatched roof - and Sonja fostered him when he became orphaned. He comes down every evening at dusk to play for a while. Just after I took this video, I was sitting at the computer doing my blog and he was hanging off my thumb and falling into my lap, jumping onto the keyboard, sitting on my hand and trying to chew my fingernails, so yes, into everything. He gets a few treats to eat then goes out for the night to hunt for insects. About 5 a.m. he comes back in and jumps on Sonja and James's faces to wake them, then climbs back up to the roof to go to sleep. Well, I don't actually know if he climbs, since they can jump at least 15 ft straight up from a standing start. Amazing little creatures.
~marilyn

P. S. If you like critters, you should check out the lion, cheetah and ostrich videos on the site too.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 13, 2011
8:19 PM

Post #8889170

This little critter goes outside in the cold? He looks too delicate for that... and as he's named "bushbaby" I thought he'd be from the rainforests.
cybercrone
Toronto,, ON
(Zone 6a)

November 13, 2011
9:14 PM

Post #8889284

No, doesn't go out in the cold - he's African, which is why I can't have one.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 13, 2011
10:56 PM

Post #8889322

WB Marilyn .. I watched the YouTube video re the BushBaby .. very cute !! The eyes are SO big ... kind of an amazing little creature.
Love my 2 dogs dearly, but, with your travelling so much, and for long periods, you'd have to make sure you had someone who would take him/her.

Got the computer room cleaned out, pick up the new computer today .. as well, Lorna has a meeting with regards to moving up to a better more permanent prosthetic leg .. her present one is a bit too loose.

Not much to say about the weather .. everyday WITHOUT snow .. is a day closer to SPRING :-)

Off to bed >>>>> AGAIN !!

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 14, 2011
5:43 AM

Post #8889510

Morning everyone..

"M" we had a blizzard here on Friday, thank goodness it cleared by the time we left for Buffalo!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 14, 2011
5:46 AM

Post #8889514

Laughing here "M", one day closer to spring??? Already we are on the countdown...too funny..

Mall area just below my office is now decorated for Christmas, can you believe the little ones will be coming this weekend to meet with Santa..now that is hard to believe

Is a pretty view..mall music isn't Christmas Carols as yet however, Suzanne (SIL) has then on from 9:00 to 4:30..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 14, 2011
5:52 AM

Post #8889523

Was a fun weekend, am so tired but more than at my end of shopping.. 3 times to Buffalo in 1 month and another trip taking mom in two weeks has about done me in. Girls kept saying I'm always buying for someone else so I came home with 4 outfits and new shoes all of which I needed I guess. Next year we just have to find a truck

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 14, 2011
5:55 AM

Post #8889525

Suzanne had to get into the trunk to pack, making sure every little nook was filled...then we sat on items, items on the floor and between us..luckily nice customs officer, just said have a nice day!!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 14, 2011
6:12 AM

Post #8889549

Waving to all, going back to read and look at the links, will be back shortly

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 14, 2011
6:14 AM

Post #8889551

wow Betty - who's packed in the trunk? lol
cybercrone
Toronto,, ON
(Zone 6a)

November 14, 2011
6:30 AM

Post #8889578

Wah! Betty tell me it's not true! All that snow! I don't want to see that at all.

Glad you had fun shopping though.

And yes, I too am counting the days until spring.

And Marilyn, yes I do have a very good person who could take the dog if I got one. As long a I'm in this house, the tenant would look after him and he loves dogs too and even after I move, when I do, he would be willing to look after a dog for me.

Keep warm, ladies. I gotta go do some work now *sigh* - though I guess I shouldn't complain given all the folks who don't have any work.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 15, 2011
4:56 AM

Post #8890944

OMG Betty !! The 'trunk pics' are FRAME MAKERS' LoL .. too funny, but I am pretty sure ALL of us have been in that position more than once or twice.
I always seem to forget that BESIDES packages, there is LUGGAGE that goes in the trunk .. but .. my WORST, or most frightening experience, was a trip home after 3 weeks in Barbados!! We had had such a good time, and each time we were 'out and about' the Island, I purchased 'something' .. One item was a hat made from Palm tree branches .. quite ostentatious, and, BIG!!! I also kept purchasing RUM !! After all .. Barbados is WHERE 'the rum come from' .. so .. the day before heading home, we decided to PACK .. WEll .. I had to go out, by ANOTHER bag and towels into which went MANY decorative bottles of rum rolled in said towels !!! That suitcase was some heavy I gotta tell ya!! Had to pay for 'overweight' .. but .. THE worst was watching for that suitcase to some tumbling down the hatch and out onto the revolving luggage carousel!!! I was in fits that the rum bottles (or even one) would break and the smell of rum would be everywhere .. so .. there I stood ,, brown as a berry wearing this totally NON Canadian chapeau .. praying that the towels would cushion the fall .. and .. happily .. they did .. but .. I never did it again !!!
I can smile about it now .. so .. that's a good thing :-)

Marilyn .. good thing you have someone reliable you could leave a pet with .. SO important for your peace of mind !!

Got the new computer set up .. man, am not as agile as I thought !! Crawling around on the floor behind the desk trying to sort out cables and plug ins is hard work !! But .. it got done .. and Lorna is so pleased .. makes it all worth it.
PLUS .. today she is likely to get a new socket (upper leg) .. if she does, it will hopefully enable her to walk a bit better .. this is certainly a long process !!!!

My challenge today will be putting pics onto one of those 'digital picture frames' .. sure hope it's as easy as the sales fella said it'd be !!!

NO snow here .. in fact it was +11C here yesterday !! Unheard of for November !!!

TTFN

~M~

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

November 15, 2011
8:26 AM

Post #8891162

It was +18 in Ottawa! Unreal for November.
cybercrone
Toronto,, ON
(Zone 6a)

November 15, 2011
9:57 AM

Post #8891260

It's nice an sunny here today and not too cold. I still have some plants in pots on the porch that are hanging on.

But basically, just had a thought - I go to this site where you can do jigsaw puzzles on-line. All different sizes.

Best thing is, you can use your own photos to make puzzles either to share or else just for your own amusement.

I use a lot of my flower and animal pics and it is really fun. Some of you might enjoy that for these months coming when we're not going to be out and about as much. You can check it out at http://www.jigidi.com/ - site is a wee bit slow right now as they are migrating to new servers. A lot of new users since one of the puzzles went viral and had nearly a half a million solves. Usually you might get around a hundred or less, since some folks like different sizes and some want just buildings, scenery, animals or what-have-you. It's kinda fun for my coffee breaks and so on.

Keep warm, and for those of us who have sun today, let's enjoy it.
~marilyn

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 15, 2011
10:20 AM

Post #8891291

Marilyn, after I post I'm going to be running quick/quick to check out the puzzle thread..love puzzles!You go for it girl, get yourself a furry companion..big blitz going on right now for taking in dogs re Humane Society..was just thinking, a lot of the time I'm not so sure they should encourage families who many on a whim will take on a dog/cat for Christmas season then realize it's not what they want and back into the shelter poor things go.

"M" good luck with the frame, I received one last Christmas and there is still sits..will have to show Kyle perhaps he can do it for me..computer savey I'm not.Laughing at your extra baggage!

ViolaAnn, suppose to be 13 today but cooling down for the weekend. We'll miss Mother's Nature giving us an additional heat wave bonus. Not sure how we get summer like weather and in a few days, major blizzard like we had on Friday.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 17, 2011
9:18 AM

Post #8894181

Noon hour, working from home today, bit on the dizzy side, some would say I am always dizzy!

Snowed a bit, goes from dark and gloomy to hot/hot in the sun , feels nice as i lay on the couch

See the. Black sky further north so be careful, brunt of the storm might be Going your way!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 17, 2011
10:24 AM

Post #8894226

We have scattered flurries at the moment .. nothing too exciting thanks LoL

Had the strangest thing happen, and, before I recount the tale I want to say that I am a NON SWEARING kinda person. Sure sure, if I drop something on my foot, or break something I might spew an expletive, but, on a day to day basis I use solid language to get my point across
So .. it's 9:30am today .. I am off down the driveway to walk the dogs on the country road .. as I left our driveway and headed north a vehicle came barreling up the road from behind .. I grabbed the dogs leads and went to the side of the road. The car slowed, passed us, then braked and backed up .. inside was a very nicely dressed gentleman .. in a suit and tie .. the car was upscale .. and I realized he was a realtor .. he said, and I quote .." where the 'f' am I"? I blinked in disbelief, shrugged it off and asked where he THOUGHT he was .. well .. my lord .. he was SO lost .. insofar as even being in the WRONG municipality !! WELL .. he LOST it .. how could he be in the wrong place, his GD secretary was going to catch what for for this .. I thought he was going to have a stroke he was so angry !!! The dogs, especially Lilly, started to get quite antsie .. he proceeded to cuss everyone involved with the appt he would inevitably be late for ... I finally just wished him all the best, turned around and went home .. he sat there for a bit talking on his cell .. i could hear his ranting .. then he 'peeled' away .. still headed in the WRONG direction .. I walked the dogs on the property .. would rather listen to Chic kadees and Nuthatches natter at one another rather than listen to someones foul tirade.

It's official .. got a call from our Township office that I'll be a 'medal bearer' when the Rick Hansen entourage reaches Murillo in January .. I am to walk 2 long blocks .. not a problem, just hope it isn't too cold out !!! Lorna is so excited about us volunteering to do this .. she was to have been the medal bearer, but, it would have been way too difficult for her ...

Kind of a lazy day .. one of the few 'stay at home days' we've had in awhile ..

Hope the dizziness subsides Betty ..

Enjoy your day

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 17, 2011
11:53 AM

Post #8894330

Omg "M"' he must be be a real gem to work for..shaking my head, think I would have given him further directions that really would have gotten him lost! Poor furries, his antics must have frightened him!

Snowing and blowing here, not nice, picked a good day to be ill..everyone must have known I was sick and thought not to call..so quiet that a few times I checked out my phone to make sure it was working.

Fantastic about being a torch carrier, perhaps it will be a sunny day..

Laying here thinking of all I could be doing..took out pork chops and will bake boxed scalloped potatoes, should be easy enough

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

November 17, 2011
1:13 PM

Post #8894431

Hope that snow doesn't reach us until after I'm home from bells. They were predicting some snow late afternoon. That would make the rush hour a real mess.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 17, 2011
2:20 PM

Post #8894539

ViolaAnn, full blown blizzard here, guess its not moving to your neck of the woods.
What time is bells?

Wonder if this weather could stay till early tomorrow morning so I can stay home? Lol

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 17, 2011
5:26 PM

Post #8894760

congrats, ~M~!!!!!!!!!!!! wow - a torch bearer!!
cybercrone
Toronto,, ON
(Zone 6a)

November 17, 2011
9:56 PM

Post #8895140

I got to babysit my neighbour's dog for a couple days - he's such a sweetheart, except for his habit of barking at every animal on the TV.

I'd sure hate to be that realtor's secretary. I imagine if he was still going the wrong way, he probably was given correct directions but is just too arrogant to actually be bothered following them, then he'll blame someone else for his problems.

Marilyn - way to go - walk those two blocks proudly!

Going to Cambridge tomorrow for the weekend to see my daughter and grandsons, so really hope the weather doesn't get nasty. I've just got a Smart car, so while it's great on the highway, high winds and/or ice don't really make the going easy.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend . . .

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 19, 2011
3:05 AM

Post #8896514

Morning all, seems I'm not the only roadrunner...Marilyn enjoy your weekend. When I bought my vehicle I so wanted a smart car..told myself to pretend I had one, re space I could use..after about 2 days I knew I could not have one..would be ok if I had a secondary vehicle! Was watching a tv show some time back, we're saying they now how movies for cats/dogs to watch and say its amazing how it draws their attention to the movie..enjoy dog sitting

Getting ready to leave for Markham craft show and a few hours of shopping at Ganz so another long day ahead of me.

Best I get running

Enjoy your day!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 19, 2011
3:21 AM

Post #8896523

Have fun Betty !!
Smokey rousted me out of bed around 5:30am .. guess he was lonely. I KNOW he sure does not want to go out .. it's about -12C and, I have to do some shoveling. We've had about 3" of snow over the past 2 days, and, it has stayed !!

Really like the look and economy or the SmartCar, but, living in the country and sharing the roads with logging trucks kind of made me stay with the choice of an SUV .. not to mention the 2 dogs and Lorna's equipment .. sometimes I think a tractor trailer would do me well LoL

Off to the dump today and a craft show .. the Santa Claus Parade is also today .. kind of think I'll avoid the city for that reason.
Have to wrap and package the gifts going east to Lorna's parents .. i want them mailed this coming Monday or Tuesday. The last 2 years we have dragged our collective feeties and have had to pay an atrocious amount of money to ensure the parcels arrived BEFORE Dec. 24 !! NOT this year :-)

Enjoy your Saturday everyone

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 19, 2011
9:52 AM

Post #8896867

only -12c... that sounds lovely. We have -20c now, with a windchill of -30c ...

Shouldn't you go to the craft show, Then the dump (to get rid of your extra, to make room for the new?) LOL Cuz once you've bought, you Know how much room to make, and won't overdo the dump LOL

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 20, 2011
9:10 AM

Post #8898556

AYE Chi wa wa !! It's -20C here .. much too cold for this time of year!
Stalwart that I am, and because the sun is shining and there's a breeze .. I hung sheets out on the line .. fingers crossed they won't crack in half !

The craft show was just 'so/so' .. bought my grandkids some mittens ... otherwise, well.. way to much 'nic nac and bric a brac'.

Plugging away at getting the Xmas parcel for down east done .. getting there .. SLOWLY .. but almost done ..

Have a great Sunday !

PS Betty .. you mentioned scalloped potatoes, and, the Milk Calendar arrived on Friday with the local paper, and, the recipe for Feruary is Scalloped potatoes .. gonna give'em a whirl tonight :-)

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 20, 2011
10:20 AM

Post #8898615

AFTERNOON everyone..drats where did the morning go?

Had a wonderful day with cousin and dil, not often we have a day together out shopping..long day thought, was after 8:30 before I got home!

Up early this morning as they were calling for a mild day, is indeed a mild day..had Kyle come over and we got all the lights on, neighbors must have been wondering about all the Christmas music, I have the Christmas sound system that you plug in and all outdoor lights swynchronize with the music it plays..hard to tell if the lights are are they should be in daylight so tonight I'll go out and check.

KYLE kept teasing, told me with all the totes of Christmas goodies, I either have to purge or buy a bigger house..so now I sit, trying to determine how much energy I have left..shall I unpack them?? Put the tree up on front deck, tempted to do the living room tree, little cafe tree can go up anytime, basement tree takes a lot of thought sooo what to do, what to do..one tote emptied and already I see color lol

If the scalloped potatoes are good "M" can you share the recipe

hope you are all enjoying your day!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 21, 2011
1:15 PM

Post #8900203

The scalloped potatoes turned out very well .. will scan the recipe from the milk calendar and share it ..

Put up the large wooden Santa (has to be 40yrs old) it's made of plywood and all painted up .. it hangs on the garage .. and .. Frosty the Snowman is now out sitting on the old milk can to give him some height .. wonder how many times I'll have to pick him up this year !!
Was going to carry through into the house and put up the trees .. but .. had a movie to watch .. called "INHALE" .. very good movie.. basic story revolves around transplanted organs and how to get them illegaly if necessary .. Directed by Baltasar Kormákur. With Dermot Mulroney, Diane Kruger, Sam Shepard, Rosanna Arquette.

This morning was just frigid, but, as the day wore on, the sun warmed thing up nicely .. we still have snow though ..

Off to start supper

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 21, 2011
2:36 PM

Post #8900302

"m" was bitter cold here as well..you will have to take photo's of the Santa..how do you have him anchored?
No snow here, went as quickly as it came.sooo hoping that we can hold out Neil mid December..would make for a shorter winter.

Look forward to the recipe for the scalloped potatoes..

Lordy, tired tonight..just walked through the door, bath running and I'll be in bed early! Put in almost 16 hrs non stop yesterday but got the lights up outside, decorated 3 trees inside and ne on front deck, emptied tote after tote..too stubborn to stop and finish this week..thought if I'm going to be in a mess might as well make it for I day only..looks so pretty.

Bath is calling

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 21, 2011
4:02 PM

Post #8900433

Betty .. I have not, nor will I EVER have your 'sticktoittiveness' .. I'm kind of a slow and steady typa gal .. do a bit here and a bit there and it all seems to work out in the end.

Am attaching the recipe for the scalloped potatoes .. very tasty .. only changes I made in the recipe was I used a cup of grated cheese for the topping, and, I used the Balsamic vinegar.

Will take a pic of the Santa next time I'm out to the garage .. it's held up by a rope behind it that catches a nail in the brick of the garage.

Off to watch Movie #2 ..

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 22, 2011
1:47 PM

Post #8901718

Just home .. whew .. what a day .. seem to need roller skates some days.
ANyway .. here's a pic of the Santa .. sad to say he some how lost a set of toes !!! Going to have to see if I can repair that

Cheers all

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 22, 2011
2:34 PM

Post #8901758

"M" he's adorable.. Perhaps not this year as you already have him hanging, you or DH could use saw and saw off his feet, re-cut the boots making them 4 -6 inches taller and screw to the back of his pants..if you are not sure you want to takle the painting send me what you cut off and I'll cut out new ones and pant them for you!

As for keeping up with me, my own making..have to learn to not take on as much as I do, especially when not well..that being said, I'd only lay on the couch and be furious with myself for wasting so much time

Anyone heard from Carole??
fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 22, 2011
3:01 PM

Post #8901810

I'm here- have just been lurking.
Sorry to say I have bad news .
I had a CT and Bone scan last week because of the abdominal discomfort I have been having for a few weeks and heard some results on Friday but today got the whole story. The ductal cancer has returned and is mainly in my pelvic area ( not in the bones) It has caused some lymph nodes to swell and partially block the tubes from the kidney to the bladder which may create a problem and might require outside drainage ( hope not it does not sound pleasant) I am starting chemo tomorrow! Fast move! This chemo is different from what I had before and it will involve an injection once a week for 3 weeks and then a week off – I forgot to ask how long that will go on. I also have to have blood work every week the day before to be sure the blood count is back to normal. I remember when I had chemo before there were some problems with that and the chemo kept being delayed . Hope that does not happen again. Apparently this chemo does not produce such severe symptoms as what I had before but they will give me a prescription for nausea and my hair will fall out. Well it happens I just had it cut really really short so that is OK.Last time I had it shaved off before it started to fall out. Maybe I will try a wig this time- it was summer before so I just wore hats.

Cross your fingers for me please!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 22, 2011
3:19 PM

Post #8901842

Omg, that is not what you wanted to hear for sure...you must be overwhelmed!!! They are indeed moving quickly and that is a good thing..will they see how chemo works before deciding on outside drainage?? They've come a long way with chemo, hoping that the after effects will be minimal. Do you have family living nearby? You will be not only in my thoughts but prayers as well
fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 22, 2011
5:11 PM

Post #8901967

I don't have family here but I do have good friends and neighbors.

I will not agree to the drainage procedure until we see the results of the chemo- if the lymph nodes shrink then would not need the drainage. The oncologist did not sound very positive about having the drainage done.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 22, 2011
6:17 PM

Post #8902017

Im so glad you've someone close by to watch over you! After undergoing chemo and understanding all the pro's and con's of having it done I'm sure you will along with your doctor consider all possible options..just don't know how you get through your days...it takes great faith. Sending soft hugs

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

November 22, 2011
7:22 PM

Post #8902085

Carol - definitely not what you wanted to hear. You've got hugs and Ts and Ps from here for sure. And as Betty said, it sounds as though you've got a good doctor guiding you.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 23, 2011
3:03 AM

Post #8902359

Morning all,

ViolaAnn, sure hoping you didn't get hit with the freezing rain and snow they forecasted, looking at breakfast television and believe you may have, do be safe if you have to go out!

Carol, as I wake know you came to mind..morning prayers being said.

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

November 23, 2011
4:41 AM

Post #8902417

Mostly snow now and the storm is expected to be east of here by the end of the morning rush hour. I've had snow tires on for 2 weeks and my Audi is a Quattro - so I'm good. Hope the others who aren't will stay home till the roads are clear.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 23, 2011
4:58 AM

Post #8902429

Well .. from the deep freeze to the PLUS signs .. a real roller coaster of weather here .. can't say as I enjoy the dampness, but, it doesn't have to be shoveled !

Carol .. all I can do is wish you the best, and, like the others on the forum, you'll be in my Ts and Ps as well.

Am considering a run to the border today .. there is ONE package there, but, I am expecting three .. so .. will check later this morning to see if the other 2 arrived yesterday.

Take care all

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 23, 2011
6:26 AM

Post #8902491

Had to drive on the cautious side this morning, not enough freezing rain to keep me home but icy conditions none the less! Waiting list a mile long to get tires on so I will try a few places in Barrie, hopefully someone can schedule me in for the snow tires shortly.

Have to check what USA city you are near "M"...it will be busy/busy with it being Thanksgiving weekend!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 23, 2011
2:29 PM

Post #8903101

Beautiful, if damp day here .. made it to 8C .. tomorrow 10C .. then back to 'normal'.

Betty, nearest US city to Thunder Bay is Duluth Minnesota .. 330 miles south .. love going there, but, I must say I am NO good at driving in a strange city!! I do know Duluth fairly well, but, there is ALWAYS something under construction and road work which entails DETOURS .. next thing ya know you;re in Wisconson LoL.

Am hearing that shopping ONLINE on Black Friday (past midnite Nov. 25) is the way to go .. will be watching that's for sure ..

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 23, 2011
7:20 PM

Post #8903468

Carol - I've just read your post, and know that today you were going back to the Dr. How did the visit go?
Many thoughts & prayers going your way. Take care of yourself - glad to hear you have friends and neighbours nearby...
fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 24, 2011
7:18 AM

Post #8903816

Thanks for your call Susan.

My first chemo went very well- it takes about 2 hours as they give you several medications first ( by IV) to combat any problems the chemo might cause and then the chemo IV takes 1 hour.
They asked me not to drive in case I had any reactions so neighbors helped out but I was fine so next time I will drive myself.It only takes me about 10 minutes to get there ( although of course then I pay for a couple hours parking!)
Itook some snacks and a book with me but in the end I just dosed during the treatment as I had not slept well the night before and when I came home after some lunch I slept for two hours. But after that I felt really well and actually ate a full meal for the first time in weeks!
Next chemo is in one week and each time I have to get blood work the day before but I can get that done anywhere, dont have to go to the cancer centre.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 24, 2011
10:55 AM

Post #8904008

Glad to hear all went well yesterday..no wonder you didn't get any sleep, I'd not as well..Hopefully you will not have any side effects. You are lucky you live so close to the hospital that provides chemo..lordy, here you have to travel to Toronto or to Sudbury both over 1 1/2 hr. drive
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 24, 2011
12:23 PM

Post #8904060

Carol
Many T's and P's are going your way from Edmonton.
Alberta Ann

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 24, 2011
4:14 PM

Post #8904188

Good to hear your first chemo session went well Carol .. fingers crossed your bloodwork remains stable and there will be no cancellations.

Did some visitng today .. my dear Aunt Fran is now in a home, Alzheimers has robbed her once vibrant mind, and voice .. she was a beautiful soloist .. the home is new, and the staff is nice .. I left after about 20 minutes as she was getting sleepy .. besides, she thought I was her daughter in law, not her niece. I'll go back closer to Xmas ..

Have a Palliative care workshop tomorrow, only 4 hours ..

Best get things straightened away here ..

TTFN

~M~

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 26, 2011
8:47 AM

Post #8906375

BOO YA ~~~~ we have snow !!! HEAVY wet stuff .. ugggg .. so happy to be able to call up the farmer fella and have him plow us out .. we can deal with the stuff on the patio and have a few times already !!
I guess it will be a WHITE XMAS !!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 26, 2011
11:12 AM

Post #8906535

Omg "m" it's mid 50's here, please don't send it my way. They are calling for snow later this week though, am hoping it comes and goes as I'm taking mom to buffalo but not if it's snowing and blowing..

Sorry to hear about your Aunt,so hard on those visiting with her not knowing who they are..

Had a perm this morning, now I look like a grannie..then off to take sailor to the vets to have her nails cut..sad to say I got a quote on euthonizing ..wow, $500 which includes cremation..almost as much for a pet as is a loved one.

Up since 4:30 working on quilt, sitting here typing and I feel my head nodding..I had best get a move on!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 27, 2011
4:59 AM

Post #8907388

Euthanizing is expensive. I think the lions share of the cost though is the cremation.
I hope Sailor will make it through this winter ..
My son has told me (I am NOT impressed) that Mojo, the wee Bulldog pup he rescued .. had a midnite liason with their UNspayed Boston Terrier Molly (who was in heat) .. so .. it's off to the vets for Molly tomorrow to see what can be done :-(
I was going to 'blow a gasket' but have decided it's a lost cause, what's done is done .. live and learn .. and.. if the cost to remedy the situation needs our help .. well .. MERRY XMAS !!
Life can just be so flippin interesting sometimes !!!

Happily, the snow has stopped falling .. I am sick of shoveling .. once the plow comes and cleans out the driveway, things will look better ..
Still so dark here ..

Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend :-)

~M~
fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 27, 2011
7:10 AM

Post #8907500

I do wonder what people are thinking when they have males and females and the females are not spayed,

We had a dog only 10months old surrendered to us a couple of years ago - he was not neutered and neither was another dog ( forget breed ) in the house - guess what - she had a litter of 6 pups to sell just before Xmas!

Things are going OK here - had a bad day on Friday but Sat was OK and today seems pretty good although it is early. Hoping I feel well enough to dom y shift at Lougheed House today- it is the annual Xmas show when all the rooms are professionally decorated . We dont do tours but are just available to answer questions so I can be sitting a lot.

Warm and windy here.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 27, 2011
9:34 AM

Post #8907711

I hear ya Carol. When Murray and family got Mojo I mentioned the neutering issue. It was thought he was too young to impregnate a female .. WRONG assumption ..

Hope you are able to attend the Xmas show at LH, it'd be so pretty :-)

Made pancakes 'from scratch' this morning .. haven't done that in years .. there IS a difference !!!!

TTFN

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 27, 2011
2:42 PM

Post #8908008

Evening all

'M" hard to believe you have winter when it is sooo warm here!

Another 4:30 rise, cousin planned to come spend the morning...I sewed till 7:00 when she called to say she was just down the road and was I up??

Lovely visit, think she picked today as roger and I would have been 46 years married today, was her way to keep me busy and not feeling sorry for myself.

Out we went just after she arrived in pouring rain to cut greenery..sure was great for fresh perm I had yesterday! Talk about the frizzies..

Then I taught her how to make pie crust, said she tried many times to no avail but inside a half hour she was a pro at it..even left me a pie shell so I could treat myself to a lemon meringue pie for supper.

No sooner finished that we started our craft project, home sweet home tri candle holder..I'm lucky she gave me time to make us turkey sandwiches. Lol

Before leaving we made 2 outside containers of greenery for her daughters urns..then off she won't

Finished mom's rag quilt early this morning so while I had a tad of energy off I went to laundromat to wash it, didn't want to wreck my washer..yikes $6.00 a load..know the machine was heavy duty but still mega $$$

So now I can wrap the blanket and cross her name of Christmas to do list..if only the 3 quilts I'm working on we're as easy to finish

Needless to say I'm in my jammies and ready for bed..but, need to clean the craft room, at least a bit, talk about santa's workshop being totally upside down, now where is an elf when you need one??

Carol, glad you are feeling better today..did you get to do your shift?

Oooh puppies, not good unless you know of homes looking for them..laughing 'm' can see the look on their faces when you present them with the receipt lol

Would love to stay and chat, but no can do

Night, night!
fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 27, 2011
4:11 PM

Post #8908147

Was feeling pretty good this morning so I did my shift at LH- stayed about 3 1/2 hours. Busy but not crowded. This is an easy shift for e to do as we dont do tour- just mainly itting in one area to keep an eye on things and answer questions.

Terribly windy here, many large evergreens torn out by the roots, saw one that had fallen on a car, somebody said they had closed the downtown core to car traffic- lots of construction sites so possibilities of things flying thru the air!

I found something new I can eat- they had snacks for the volunteers and I tried some summer sausage with whole wheat Ritz biscuits and it went down fine as did the pickles! So I stopped at Safeway and bought same with 2 bottles of pickles- sweet and sour and dill and ate a plateful when I got home. I also bought a couple of smoothies to try - the first one was orange cream, took one swallow and spit it out - down the drain for that! Hope the other is better.

A neighbor just brought me some Borscht and rolls for supper.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 27, 2011
4:26 PM

Post #8908160

Carol, glad you were able to make it through your shift! Isn't it amazing what can stay down, things you least expect..let's hoping after a few boxes of crackers they'll will have gained more strength.

Wind came up here this morning while we were cutting greenery in the bush, high for about 1/2 hour then cleared up..guess it blew your way..stay safe

Susan, you still feeling poorly?

As you can see I'm still up, too wound up to fall asleep, going to try though. Lol

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 27, 2011
7:58 PM

Post #8908446

I'm baaaaaaaaack!
Carol - good to hear you have more items to eat on your agenda! Have you tried pickles and ice cream? lol Thinking of funny food choices made me think of pregnant women lol
Good that you were able to do your shift at LH. Was the Christmas viewing only today? I'd love to see it.

Seems I'm either at work, church, or trying to get some quilting done... Yesterday had a lot of company for dinner, and one of the guests who "forgot" which weekend it was came for dinner tonight (at our express 2nd invitation for today).
We had Hawaiian Pork both nights as Bob always makes a Huge batch.

Betty - yes, I'm feeling better. I still have to take it easy or I'll get right back on the "bronchitis bandwagon". I sang this morning, with a lot of tea lubrication, and lozenges. As long as I don't try to run a marathon I think I'll be fine :-)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 28, 2011
2:49 AM

Post #8908575

Morning, hard to believe with it being so mild outside (light mist) that it is suppose to snow mid week, sure hoping not on Friday, shuffling off to buffalo again, this time with mom!

Should be fun. Lol. Not sure why she wants to go but I shall humor her.

Was up at 2:30' willed myself back to sleep after about 1 hour..imagine what I could have accomplished had I got up

Susan you will have to set a weekend aside before Christmas just to rest.

My goal is to be finished everything by mid December and have my feet up to enjoy the festivities..wonder if that is a pipe dream

Beginning of October I bought 4 Sony e- reader for $169 each for the kids, Jeff downloaded hundreds of books on them..thought I bought them at a good price..lo and behold they are now on for $149. So with tax that would be near $100 savings..bringing receipts with me in hope I'll get rebate..problem is it says no go after 30 days..we'll see how good the manager is..even a store credit would be acceptable!
fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 28, 2011
7:15 AM

Post #8908802

Susan Sunday was the last day of Christmas All Thru The House. It is an annual fundraiser- started 18 Nov this year.Ususally over two weekends and one full week in between but only during the day.
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 28, 2011
12:41 PM

Post #8909153

Sounds like everyone is busy.
Lots of sewing and baking going on.
Carol that does sound like a pregnant thing! I found tastebuds do go wonky on you and good thing is to taste a variety. I'm not so sure about the orange cream thing, I think the drain was a good spot for it.
I have enjoyed your past photo's with the Christmas themed Lougheed house before , it must be splendid to see!

Susan good to hear you are on the mend.
M and B you guys are sooooo busy OMG. you make me tired just listening to what you are doing.
Alberta Ann

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 28, 2011
12:59 PM

Post #8909177

Waving Alberta Ann, I'm sure you are as busy..think it's trying to get everything done so we can sit during the entire Christmas festivities... believe me??? lol

Carol, the Martyrs Shrine, Fort St. Marie had their lighting of the Fort on Saturday, much going on for the next few weeks, I'll have to make a point of going..Do they raise a substantial amount of $$ during the 2 weekends? With all the cutbacks must be extremely difficult to raise funds and be self supporting.

Toronto just announced their cutbacks..lot of people will be hurting..over 2,500 jobs loss and many services cut.

Well went to Sony and they had no problem giving me $20 on each of the e-readers..so I'm rich at least for an hour or so..
fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 29, 2011
2:42 PM

Post #8910552

Betty I don't know how much money they raise but I think it is a substantial amount as it is 10 days.Lots of kids activities and Santa on the weekends so pretty busy then.

Blood work this morning was OK so chemo again tomorrow, transport arranged so I don't need to drive.

Still don't know about the kidney drains, have to see if Creatinine levels go up this week/next week - if so then have to have procedure done. Crossing fingers!

Got a prescription for a wig this morning and have an appointment on Monday next. Thought I might as well buy one instead of a loaner from the Cancer Society on the premise that this might all happen again!
And the place I am going does complimentary head shaves! Wont shave head for a couple of weeks - probably hair will start coming out by then.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 29, 2011
3:06 PM

Post #8910581

Glad that your blood levels are ok...better for you to be on a schedule rather than off/on!!
Prayers and fingers crossed so that you will not need the kidney drains..are you in mega pain? Sure hope not. Bet the animals can sense you aren't feeling good...

Now what color and style will you pick for the wig? Shall it be short or lng?
Do they suggest or can you try several on?

You will be a brand new you!

Poured rain all day, best I check the basement for flooding. Much the same for tomorrow and Thursday/Friday calling for snow..

Sure hope rain/snow stops before I leave Friday for Buffalo!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 29, 2011
4:44 PM

Post #8910674

Lots happening with you Carol .. hope everything turns out in your favour.

No rain here Betty, cold temps and snow that has stayed. Best get to like it.

My sons female Boston Terrier (Molly) had her spay today ... if I was younger I'd be going back to school to become a vet !!! Atrocious prices ..

Seems Christmas events are popping up everyday .. can't avoid it :-)

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 29, 2011
6:19 PM

Post #8910783

Just finished t.v. Bingo , no, didn't win, not even close!

Ann just left, wind is up, almost freezing rain, imagine by morning it will be a winter wonderland.

Hard to believe isn't it, December is right around the corner

Be careful Calgary way, watched the weather channel and it says bad weather for tomorrow in your neck of the woods..

Going to try this sleep thing.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 29, 2011
7:19 PM

Post #8910859

I'm totally healed - no more bronchial cough. I clear my throat now and then, and everyone has an occasional cough - that's it.

Carol - seems every year I miss the LH Christmas decorating. Always seems earlier in the season than I expect it to be.
I rather suspect you'll have a short cap of a wig - am I right?

Betty - I know we're supposed to have a thaw today, then freezing rain tomorrow morning - I'll be leaving for work earlier than usual. Apparently we'll get freezing rain, then turning to 10 cm of snow for the morning. I will be very careful.
I'll need to get my gas tank looked at - apparently I have a slow leak. I will be careful, but lots of people have slow leaks, so I'm not overly excited/worried about it. I don't smoke LOL
fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 29, 2011
7:55 PM

Post #8910910

Supposed to have a big snow storm tonight but it has not started yet. Glad my appt tomorrow is in the afternoon- snow supposed to stop by then - and I have transport!

The wig thing is a private appt at a place called Compassionate Beauty- they specialise in hair products, mastectomy products etc. I picked it mainly because it is very close to where I live! And yes Susan I will probably go for something short and curly and grey , don't intend to wear it much.

http://www.compassionatebeauty.com

( think I might go for the eyebrow tattoo if it is not too expensive )

Betty no I am not in any pain.

Susan the LH Xmas show is always mid November.

This message was edited Nov 29, 2011 9:06 PM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 30, 2011
4:10 AM

Post #8911175

Morning, up since 4am, was raining..went down into craft room, just came upstairs, snowing and blowing..best I get a move on..

Be safe

Back when I get to work!!

Drats

This message was edited Nov 30, 2011 12:41 PM

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

November 30, 2011
9:32 AM

Post #8911396

Just sharing .. too beautiful (and thoughtful) not to

~M~

Hope you take the time to listen to this song... just beautiful ... ~M~

Story behind the Song…

While at the mall a couple of years ago, my then four year old nephew, Spencer, saw kids lined up to see Santa Claus. Having been taught as a toddler that Christmas is the holiday that Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus, he asked his mom: "Where's the line to see Jesus"?

My sister mentioned this to my dad, who immediately became inspired and jotted words down to a song in just a few minutes. After putting music to the words, and doing a quick recording at home, he received a great response from friends. He sent the song off to Nashville without much response, except for a Christian song writer who suggested adding a bridge at the end of the first chorus.

My dad then asked if I wanted to record the song to see what we could do with it. I listened to the song, made a few changes to the words to make it flow better, and we headed to Shock City Studios. It was at the studio where Chris, owner and producer, rewrote the 2nd verse and part of the chorus... with goose bumps and emotions high, we were all hopeful and felt like we had something special. The demo was recorded in just under 2 hours and sent off again to Nashville ... still no response.

Then 2 weeks before Christmas last year, my cousins Greg and Robbie decided to do a video to see what we could accomplish on YouTube. The first day we had 3000 hits and it soared from there. We received e-mails, phone calls, Facebook messages from people all over asking for the music, CD's, iTunes, anything... we had nothing. After a couple of meetings with Chris following the amazing response, we got serious. We headed back into the studio this past spring... this time with guitars, drums, bass, pianos, choirs... the real deal... and here we are today.

Getting iTunes set up, a website put together, and loving that thousands upon thousands of Christians have come together... remembering the true meaning of Christmas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=OExXItDyWEY&vq=medium

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

December 1, 2011
5:19 AM

Post #8912270

A banner day yesterday, got the 2 trees up and the house pretty much decorated, now I don't have THAT 'boogey man' hiding in the back of my mind.

I do believe a trip to a local Greenhouse is in order though .. they decorate it so beautifully, and, it seems I always leave with some kind of nic nac.

Weather is damp .. I'll leave it at that ..

Hope everyone is doing well, I have had a few problems getting on Daves over the last 2 days .. today seems OK though :-)

Take care

~M~

This message was edited Dec 1, 2011 8:20 AM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 1, 2011
5:57 AM

Post #8912300

That was so beautiful "M" thanks for sharring, going to pass it on..

Feels good doesn't it, seeing the house all decorated, light flickering, such a peaceful feeling!
Got all my greenery for floral arrangements last Sunday, will also drop in to the greenhouse near hear to pick up a few different types of greenery..waiting for the weekend before so I can get roses and make and deliver them to friends/family..always a fun thing to do.

Had a storm yesterday, good reason to leave my car at dealership so that they can put the snowtires on..also after doing the timing chain on the car a few months ago I can feel a miss in the engine..of course when I dropped in Monday I still had warrantee on the car, after back/forth all week I'm now over..sure hope if it's major they take into effect it was under when I approached them.

Sitting here making trio candle pieces (12) .. way to fill my day and have extra christmas pressies to give away.

Up and down as to wether or not mom, Aunt Muriel and I will go to Buffalo..room booked, Aunt Muriel has her travel insurance, but mom now that she's 80 I can no longer get it for her through my insurance...said this morning she's not well, on breathing machine..so hope she cancels out..I'll get up and leave the house on Saturday morning for Buffalo if she does cancel and get all the things that need doing done and homeward bound by late afternoon..waiting game, mom said she would call around noon so I can either continue to plan or cancel the hotel room and go it alone.
fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 1, 2011
6:14 PM

Post #8913129

Travel safely Betty!

Had my 2nd Chemo yesterday, feeling great today - had a Healing Touch session this morning then off to the greenhouse to get Xmas greens for decoration and also bought an angel for my collection. Stopped at Joans(foster mom) to deliver some toys for their new dog Zorro ( one of our fosters) arrived just in time for lunch. Then off for a bit more shopping and home. Lazed around the rest of the day munching on various things!

Have been rather lazy though about walking the dogs- today is the dog walkers day so they had a good hour walk at off leash park. Dean says all the dogs at the park were crazy today.

A neighbor just arrived with some meals for me!

Hope tomorrow is just as good - a friend is coming over and we will put up the outside Xmas decorations and maybe inside too.

Here are my two 2011 angels. The larger one is very heavy, almost feels like it might be wood and covered with something that looks like tiny bits of glass ( but probably is not) The glass angel is hand blown in China and will hold a small taper.

Thumbnail by fancyvan

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 1, 2011
8:30 PM

Post #8913274

Carol - so glad to hear you're feeling well after your chemo!
I love that wooden-look angel - so stylistic and well-made :-)
We're decorating our home this weekend - going to get a lad to put the outside lights up. I was going to call him (now that we're home from choir practice) but our neighbour says it's likely too late to be calling the lad. This boy does some work for our neighbour, so I'll take his word for it. I'll call him tomorrow. Bob's hauled all the Christmas decorations out :-)

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

December 3, 2011
9:57 AM

Post #8914876

Carol .. really like the 2011 Angels :-) Alsp like the fact you seem so 'chipper'.

We don't put outside lights out as our home is too far off the beaten path for anyone but us to see .. I do decorate the mailbox down on the road.

Hang on .. it's +6C here today !! Sunny and SO springlike ... unreal after the last 2 frigid days ..

Doing some baking .. best get back to it ..

~M~
fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 3, 2011
10:08 AM

Post #8914880

Friend and ASR foster mom came over yesterday with shy foster dog Teddy and helped me get all the outside Xmas decorations up except the big balls on the trees as it is rather windy and supposed to be really windy again early in the week. Dont want my balls all over the neighborhood! I didnt get the timers set properly ( forget how every year) so went out and replugged them normally and just used the inside breakers to turn them off. So all the lights were on last evening.

Got most of the inside decorations up and the angels sorted out, today working on the greenery and candles etc.Not going to put up the tree this year but I have something new which will involve buying a LOT of xmas balls - more later! Also brought in a hanging iron basket - one of two I bought last summer and going to fill with greenery and balls or maybe a string of lights - need to experiment. A trip to Canaidian Tire is needed but wont go until Monday - probably crowded on the weekend. They always have lots of nice decorations and they set them up by color which is what I need this year. Need to get a couple of bags of tealights too/. Thats mostly what I use and I do light them every night so I generally have to replace them all every day! I like lots of candles!

I have loved to do Xmas decorating every since I was a kid.

Had a headache again last evening but not so bad as last week and it is gone this morning. My Creatinine level ( which is the important test for that potential kidney problem) was back to normal this week so the chances I will need to have the kidney drains put in next week are pretty low. YEAH!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 3, 2011
1:14 PM

Post #8915017

So nice about the spring-like weather, Marilynne! Enjoy it while you can!!!! Does this mean the snow's melting?

Yaaaaaaay, Carol! The longer you put it off, the better, for the kidney drains, eh?
Have a neighbour lad putting up the house lights tomorrow. I'm not up to climbing a ladder for it, and Bob doesn't want to, so this year we'll pay to have it done! $11/hr isn't bad, right? Two hours for a quick-limbed teenager! We only have the one-storied trailer, and it's only the front, so that's quick (maybe some of the inside of the deck where we can see it?!?!)

Just came back from the Dr/pharmacist and I'm back to using the puffer for my bronchitis. Also got some antibiotics. Still have the puffer tube from 2010 and now just added the meds. Hope it works better this time around.

Today I'm going to clear out the living room and decorate the tree, etc. For the first time I have a Christmas village - given to us by a friend who's moved and didn't want it anymore. 5 buildings - looks sweet all lit up on our piano top.

annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 3, 2011
1:25 PM

Post #8915036

Sounds like all of you are getting ready for Christmas!

Carol I like the gold sparkly Angle, the older I get the more I like sparkles so I must have been a crow in my last life. Had a chuckle with the Balls all over the neighborhood. Good to hear that the Chemo is not too nasty and that you are going to be a no drain girl!
Thinking about getting out the X mas decorations but it will be on Sunday. Will do it with my Daughter so it will continue with a tradition of putting things out and talking about family.
Have done some baking with a neighbour this past week, took a vacation day off to do it, that was a smart thing!
Cheers to all.
Alberta Ann

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 3, 2011
1:36 PM

Post #8915057

Hi Alberta Ann! Good to see you.
My DH got out the decoration boxes and tested the lights the other day. Now I just have to clear a spot for the tree and unpack everything... usually watch a Christmas movie while I'm decorating - geeze what's that movie with Jimmy Stewart - B/W - where he deals with Mr. Potter and takes over his father's Mortgage & Loan co? - brain ain't a-working, but it's my fav movie for decorating the tree...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 3, 2011
1:38 PM

Post #8915065

DUH - just remembered "It's a Wonderful Life"
Love the part where they fall into the school pool!! And then afterwards walk down the street singing...
fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 4, 2011
9:05 AM

Post #8915907

Wow did we get snow! Started late yesterday afternoon 5-10 cms predicted , surely must have got the high amount, supposed to stop this morning but it is still snowing. One of the neighbors shovelled path ways from back doors to gates for neighbor Marie and I last evening - never even heard him! I just came in from clearing lots more of the white stuff.Cant even find the dog poop to pick up!

Supposed to work a shift at LH today but I will be phoning in a few minutes to cancel- prefer to stay off the roads.

So I will be settling in front of the TV to watch the curling and snack all day!
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 4, 2011
2:12 PM

Post #8916189

Carol
Just talked to my Mom who is just outside Calgary. They are snowed in today, decided to just not bother going anywhere. Had to shovel a path for the dog to go out as she has stubby legs .
Has the snow stopped for now?
Sun is shining here but the roads were not that good this am as the slush had frozen. My DH had business in Lacombe on Saturday and they were diverted off HWY 2 due to all the "in the ditch" stuff. All in all got home safely so that is a good thing.
Alberta Ann

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 4, 2011
3:51 PM

Post #8916283

Just back from Buffalo with Aunt Muriel 83 and mom 80 who really wasn't well enough to go..got to tell you I'm more than exhausted so will gab with you n the am

Waving though

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 4, 2011
7:35 PM

Post #8916610

Tomorrow Bob is going to "borrow" a steel girder piece to put in the back of his truck for icy conditions.
I don't look forward to driving my car on neighbourhood streets, but fortunately most of my driving to work is on Deerfoot in the city, not highway, and the Deerfoot is kept pretty clear by Maintenance. Very slow driving (not the 100k it normally is, more like 60-80k, with some places as slow as 25k on really bad stretches) but that's ok as long as it's safe-driving!!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

December 5, 2011
4:20 AM

Post #8916882

Hope all you WESTERNERS have a safe day .. I just kind of let out a slow 'OH NO' when I watched footage of the Calgary snows on the Weather Channel.
North Western Ont is cool and clear for now. We'll take it !!

HI Betty .. hope you're feeling better this morning, must have been quite the jaunt to Buffalo .. fingers crossed your Mom feels better soon.

Lorna has an MRI of HER shoulder tonight at 8pm .. she took my appt as I felt foolish going when I am A symptomatic (at present) .. she is dealing with some kind of anomaly in that shoulder .. guess we'll find out ..

Tomorrow I sit at the Hospital for a few hours taking orders for crystal 'Memory ornaments' for Hospice .. very nice pieces .. Doves/Angels or Butterflies ..
Also have to get the baking for the AIDS Committee Bingo sorted out as it's my turn tomorrow .. 'Last minute Lucy' here !!

Have a good week everyone

~M~

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

December 6, 2011
2:23 PM

Post #8918997

A STELLAR day .. kinda springlike almost, until the wind blows :-)

MRI went fine .. in fact Lorna and I had just sat down and started filling out the questionaire when the tech called her name .. we were 45 minutes early !!! Took her 20 minutes in the machine.

Sold 25 Wings of Remembrance ornaments this afternoon .. that's kind of a 'brisk business' .. was also approached by a friend who is Assistant volunteer co ordinator and asked if I would consider volunteering .. I have the paperwork, will glance over it in a few days .. I already volunteer lots, but, this really appeals to me ..

Off to get supper out

~M~

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

December 6, 2011
2:26 PM

Post #8919002

Forgot ... have a giggle with this one :-)

http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/lhDGQb7aFgnVNPa1

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 6, 2011
2:50 PM

Post #8919046

Evening all, quite light outside, of course I have a zillion lights out there dancing to Christmas tunes..love that outdoor music center..thank goodness it has a generator otherwise I'd be blowing electrical breakers!

"m" you have to be so careful not to say yes to everything ..seems a shortage of volunteers and seeing as they know you are a willing participants all the groups will be approaching you! Then comes the burn out

Suffering like crazy, so glad ive an appointment with specialist on Thursday, maybe I'll get some answers...been %#€£ these past few months not being able to use my right arm much..getting old will do it to you every time..guess we should just stay young!

Light snow falling, doubtful it will stay...was thinking, last year at Christmas the boys were out snowmobiling, iffy if they will get to do same this year..

carol, you doing ok?

Susan, the weight will help but it will be costly on the pocketbook..am sure it will need more gas.

Alberta Ann, is your snow now melted?
fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 6, 2011
3:38 PM

Post #8919118

Doing fine Betty- 3rd Chemo tomorrow then a break for a week.

Bought my wig yesterday. She will style the wig after she shaves my hair which will be the 16th. Having a little party at the store.
Also bought a couple of nice head coverings and tried on a couple of neat hats but didnt buy any hats - will wait till the wig is styled and then try them on again.They gave me a fleece pink head covering to wear when at night when I get cold. And I still have a couple of sort of crocheted skull caps that I used 10 years ago! I still have all my hats but they are summer styles.

Thumbnail by fancyvan

fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 6, 2011
3:47 PM

Post #8919134

Wig

Thumbnail by fancyvan

fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 6, 2011
3:48 PM

Post #8919136

Wig 2

Hard to take a pic of oneself and I cut off the lower part of my face cause it looks pretty awful!

Thumbnail by fancyvan

annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 6, 2011
8:00 PM

Post #8919406

Snow was rained on today so a lot has melted. Some more came and took it's place though.
Carol Looks like a tin can won't be the right shape so I'm assuming that the wig will be styled on your head , right?
A week of rest will do you some good.
Got to go my, my DD has the stomach flu!
Alberta Ann

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

December 7, 2011
5:04 AM

Post #8919732

Alberta Ann .. sure hope your DD is feeling better soon .. nasty gastric bugs doing the rounds here too .. my hands have never been Purelled or washed as much before.

Carol, the wigs, and head covers, look nice .. like the colour .. good luck with chemo #3 today.

As always, I seem to be 'on the go', to where I am never quite certain LoL .. but .. GO I am >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 7, 2011
5:45 AM

Post #8919762

Carol, you'll be glad to get a rest..will they do chemo through the Christmas Holidays?? would imagine so!
Love the head scarves, especially the maroon one..very stylish.

Alberta Ann, hope the flu you daughter has isn't that terrible bug going around here, seems to last forever.

"M" much like you, always on the go..was tempted to go South for a week , leave Boxing Day but the more I think of it, the more I think I'd just like to stay in my jammies and enjoy my time off.

Said we'd get snow yesterday, had flurries last night but most of the ground has bare batches..not sure what will come today

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 7, 2011
2:08 PM

Post #8920396

Carol - that colour looks good with your skin colour. Love the headcoverings - very chic!

good news - my DH Bpb got a job! He started yesterday, but today I have to go to the bank to get proof he's on the account so he can get paid... need a letter/form.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 7, 2011
3:09 PM

Post #8920465

Sorry to hear you are still under the weather Susan..skip hop and a jump getting everything ready for payroll will mean more spending $$$ for Christmas..how exciting that he got a job...
cybercrone
Toronto,, ON
(Zone 6a)

December 7, 2011
3:13 PM

Post #8920468

Whoo, everyone is accomplishing so much. Love the sound of your lights Betty. Would be fun to see, but would drive me crazy if I lived close I think.

Carol - all the best to you, and from friends who have had chemo, most swear by marijuana to keep their stomachs down and appetites up.

So far we've only had one day down here where the snow stayed on the ground for any length of time and only a few days when any came down at all, but has been cold and wet and I'm really ready to head for the sun again. All your previous talk about Hawaii makes me really want to see that area.

Just stopped in to catch up on the fly - have a very Merry Christmas everyone and see you next year.

Oh, Marilyn - I loved your video posting and have sent it to all my friends.
fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 7, 2011
9:02 PM

Post #8920968

My brother Ken and I taken on my recent visit. He had his 78th birthday while I was there.

Thumbnail by fancyvan

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 8, 2011
6:04 AM

Post #8921164

OMG Carol, you both look so alike..

Ahhh, wouldn't drive you crazy, you can pick the beat of the songs and because they are all plugged into the music/light unit you can virtually pick how often the blink to the music..except for Christmas Eve Day and Christmas I keep the sound quite low..went to each neighbor and asked if it bothered them..thankfully the house across the street the young man is rarely there and when he is has the blinds closed, so blinking shouldn't bother him. lol

I'll drive to Toronto and we can take the plane out to hot region..blizzard conditions at home this morning..was not a nice ride in

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

December 8, 2011
10:07 AM

Post #8921436

Nice pic Carol ...

Betty, are you going south?

Spending my day baking and trying hard to put a calnedar together on the Staples site .. got all the way to August, and am now having major problems .. have emailed them .. very frustrating !!!

Off to have a shower and cool off LoL

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 8, 2011
11:28 AM

Post #8921534

What a great picture, Carol!
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 8, 2011
1:54 PM

Post #8921762

Carol
Loved the photo! I like that buff color of your jacket too, you do look alike! Just like my Dad and his sister, I have one photo that if you took her hair off her head and put it on my Dad they would be twins. Hope you have a good week and I have heard the same about the Mary Jane if you have tummy trouble.

Susan pleased to hear that Bob has a new job, things are looking up for 2012 for you.

M, I borrowed your idea and now our office has the 'elf" thing with a couple of boss's and us front office girls on there. We laughed so hard we couldn't breathe. We are scouring our office photos' to set up some other folks, thank you!
My DD is getting better, she wanted to go to school today as she has missed two days this week and that is not like her at all.
I gave her a note so that she is not forced to be too physical in Gym and told her to call me if she felt she needed to go home. So far no call, she'll be a tired cookie tonight.
Cybercrone - Merry Christmas to you too.

Was thinking of Ginny ( Inanda) and wondered how she's making out on the Island. She hasn't posted since going. If anyone talks to her please say hi for me
Alberta Ann
fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 8, 2011

Post #8921792

Mary Jane? Never in my life!

Here is this years Xmas decoration project. I am not putting up my tree.

Thumbnail by fancyvan

fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 8, 2011

Post #8921793

And all the extra balls were just poured into this iron plant holder.

Thumbnail by fancyvan

fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 8, 2011
2:26 PM

Post #8921797

Ann I have Ginny's email - I heard from her maybe a year ago or more. She was not too happy with her move. Time to 'call' her again!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 8, 2011
4:24 PM

Post #8921948

Say HI to Ginny for me too, please.
I really enjoyed the chat we had about Winnipeg. I'm sure she misses it greatly.
If she wants it, please pass on my email to her - I think you still have it, Carol? If not, I have yours and will email it for you to pass on to Ginny

y'know - I was sure you'd feel that way about Mary Jane, Carol. Glad to hear it - I know of someone that takes it for that reason, but am also sure he abuses it. I'd be very leery of it, myself.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 9, 2011
10:38 AM

Post #8922726

Carol, lovely decorations...been working from home today, well not quite work, answering telephone should it ring..snowing outside..everything in blanket of white..nice to be inside sewing..getting closer to finishing the 3 quilts..if you can count about 30 more hours. Lol

Was at the specialist yesterday, now that was an experience..appt 11:45 and didn't get in to see him until 3:30. Terrible..anyway his thoughts is that I have or have had a virus that is attacking muscles and bones, thus the pain..sending me for blood, X-rays and not sure what else sooo no answers

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 9, 2011
10:41 AM

Post #8922732

waiting with bated breath for the results, Betty!!
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 9, 2011
11:43 AM

Post #8922794

Carol
Thanks for Ginny's email, sent off a note to her said hi from Daves. I like the glass and balls decorating, very cheery.
To each his own for the MJ,

Betty I hope you get some relief soon!

Getting ready for a good Christmas season, will be off work from afternoon of the 23 till Jan 3 All paid! Had a Christmas party no charge for staff, Boss will take us for two lunches with some clients then we have Lunch brought in to the shop on the 23 , work gives us a turkey and a pointsetta and a bonus and my Boss gives us a present. Whew am I ever blessed...What a huge difference from when I was at the Bay.

We have adopted a small family for Christmas at work and will be making Mom and baby feel very wanted and we hope to feed her tummy and spirit.

It's almost time to order seeds, wha hoooooo.
Alberta Ann

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

December 9, 2011
4:10 PM

Post #8923137

Carol .. the ornamental balls look great. Love the bronzie coloured ones.
My Mom used to fill a crystal bowl with coloured balls and set it on the coffee table each Xmas. I must have that bowl somewhere.

Betty .. I take it you have or have NOT had an open wound ? QUite a curious diagnosis .. would almost be wondering if the specialist is thinking it could be Lymes .. good you're having the tests.

C O L D here ... out shopping and the winds would cut ya in two I swear ..

Sugar cookies on the go tomorrow, AND, I got the calendar done .. just have to wait for it to be completed at Staples .. now I feel like doing another ..

Alb Ann .. you sound like you have a SUPER work environment :-) Am happy to hear you're having fun with the Elves .. I just love it !!
Did another with just Lorna and I .

Take care all

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 9, 2011
5:03 PM

Post #8923202

"M" only open wound was the bite they thought was from a spider this summer, it was very nfected, 1/4 of my forehead, wouldn't heal..took months..nothing since then!

Snowing and blowing here..looks pretty outside, but all I can say.

Alberta Ann, how wonderful to get so much time off..got to appreciate when you have great employer. How generous, adopting a family, cousin and DIL doing same..season is about giving isn't it...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

December 9, 2011
10:30 PM

Post #8923467

And here we are >>>>>>>>>>>>> http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/hzwRe0xIK7pHx9MW

Betty, those 'spider bites' are plain nasty! We've have several folks laid up with ongoing symptoms following an 'innocent bite'. And here's me not wanting to travel to Australia because of their spiders !!!

Insomnia has paid me a visit :-( am hoping it will take off soon ..

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 10, 2011
4:44 AM

Post #8923577

Checking out the website..

For those of us who cannot sleep I would think stores would be packed with shoppers..

Been up since 4a.m., sewing, watching movies, looking at my craftroom and wondering if I should try and tidy up before finishing all my sewing or close my eyes to the kaos lol

Were not calling for any amount of snow but somehow Mother Nature proved them wrong..snowing and blowing going on..pretty though

Should get dressed and head to town before it gets worse..

photo of quilts I'm working on (3)

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 10, 2011
9:16 AM

Post #8923865

Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNkj9LQINI0

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 10, 2011
1:20 PM

Post #8924122

Great singers..bit different.

Tired this aft. Maybe it's watching the snow blowing and wind howling..maybe a hot bath and early night is in the offing!
fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 10, 2011
3:45 PM

Post #8924278

Guess you'd have to be familiar with the original to laugh at it. The chorus is from an opera called Carmina Burana and it is called Oh Fortuna ( all about fortune) It is a particularly well known chorus in opera circles!

Remember this one from last year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 10, 2011
4:05 PM

Post #8924294

Carol
I thought it was brilliant! I will sent the link on...
It was too warm today and snow has melted all over , my plants are exposed and need to be covered or I will loose my Coral bells.
Went out to the new Holes Enjoy center and was very tempted to come home with a big pointsetta but was able to curb myself. I did find some lovely greens and brought them home to do centerpieces.
Alberta Ann

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 10, 2011
4:20 PM

Post #8924312

Snow has finally stopped, now calling for rain to or row or Monday..ski hill owners were thrilled to see the snow today but won't be as happy tomorrow..even had a few snowmobiles out..

Called it a day at 5pm, took pain killers, woke awhile ago and decided that even another hour or two of hand sewing will get me a little closer to finishing..going to try and push my shoulders and back of neck into couch. Hopes it will put pressure on just the right spots..drats, like the rest of you I'm not excited about having this pain..could be worse !

Alberta Ann, went and got all my greenery in the bush last week, have friends coming tomorrow , hoping to get some Christmas florals done for inside..

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

December 11, 2011
10:15 AM

Post #8925088

Laundry on the line .. sun is shining .. shoot .. am I in THUNDER BAY?? Temp is PLUS 4C (+4C) .. we'll take it ..

Both links were wonderful Carol .. I sent the first one to a friend who lives in Calgary ..

Betty .. pain is something no one wants to have to deal with, over the years here in this forum we all have though.
I see the oral surgeon tomorrow, so, the New Year will bring me a bit of pain :-(
BUT, my shoulder is ACES ..

Made some Gingerbread cookies .. the recipe made EXACTLY 24 !! I'm not all that good at doubling recipes .. sometimes you can get caught !

Good to hear everyone is 'seemingly' enjoying their Christmas preparations .. I finally got the brief history of my Grandparents and Moms ALMOST trip from Ireland to New York on the Titanic .. half way between Belfast and Queenstown, the wheel fell off my Grandfather's cart .. by the time it was repaired, it was April 11 1912, the Titanic had sailed April 10. When '911' happened I read with interest the stories of people who had been delayed going to their jobs in the Twin Towers.
Anyway .. the brief story goes to granddaughter Brooklyn along with my Mom's rings .. that happens this coming Tuesday !!!!

Take care everyone

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 12, 2011
6:16 AM

Post #8925955

"M" omg that is so interesting..talk about fate..
My best friends Jan and Jim O'Neill..his grandfather worked on the Titanic..was there to set it off, had been asked to go but his wife was pregnant and decided not to
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 12, 2011
9:33 AM

Post #8926248

Wish my greenery was that available, I trim my cedars every 2nd year and this was an off year.
Interesting about the "almost's" Amazing circumstances or Fate? I wonder how many stories of the folks that were at those sites were similar in their "luck" of being there but for another fate.
That is why counting blessings is a good thing> reminds you of all your positives
Finally made my "almond Roca" for gifts so I'm done!!

Alberta Ann
cybercrone
Toronto,, ON
(Zone 6a)

December 12, 2011
10:18 AM

Post #8926292

Loved the keep warm tips. Good fun.

I got interrupted so many times while I was catching up here that I forget what else I wanted to throw in my 2 cents on.

Seems all is mostly well, and will keep you all in my thoughts as we go into the season.

One thing that I have been finding disturbing is the increase in weird animal news and video items I'm seeing. A guy last week wrote to an animal info column as he is a foster parent for dogs and he was given a dog that was vicious and no training seemed to help - so now the rescue organisation wants him to keep it permanently. It was just the strangest situation and the rescue org sounds so unprofessional and ignorant. And then last night I was viewing some video and a couple had videoed their child, maybe 18 months old, being viciously attacked by their cat and they were laughing.
Any vicious attack on any child of mine would have meant immediate locking up of the animal until it could be assessed and dealt with appropriately. What's with these people?? Some people should never be allowed to have children, or animals! BAH!!

Now that I've spread my share of Christmas cheer, will get back to work. Keep well, and keep warm . . .
~m

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 12, 2011
12:28 PM

Post #8926513

You know, I've almost given up listening to the news or reading the newspaper..so full of as you say disturbing info..some days I just cringe. You just have to wonder what kind of people these are. Wouldn't you think Humane Society would investigate who they give animals to?

They are talking about double digit weather by the weekend, I can take more of that, however if you ask my son and granchildren they'd be saying they want their snowmobiles and skiing in for Christmas holidays..

Almon Roca? hmm never tasted it, will have to look it up and see what it's made of..

cybercrone
Toronto,, ON
(Zone 6a)

December 12, 2011
4:01 PM

Post #8926809

I just posted 4 of my photos of the Amsterdam Flower Market on Jigidi, and thought then that some of you might be interested.

You can find them at : http://www.jigidi.com/created_puzzles.php

~m

Thumbnail by cybercrone

cybercrone
Toronto,, ON
(Zone 6a)

December 12, 2011
4:02 PM

Post #8926811

And shouldn't someone move us over? I don't know how, or I would.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 12, 2011
6:30 PM

Post #8926971

Hello everyone! This is the year that I'm back in the Christmas spirit! :-)
Now, to make sure we have all the Christmas fixings we need! lol

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 13, 2011
2:05 AM

Post #8927377

Morning, rushing to get Thea border on one of the quilts so I can hand sew at work today so am on the run. I will move us over when I get to work!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

December 13, 2011
4:03 AM

Post #8927427

I moved us over here ... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1233427/

Unfortunately, the pic I posted did not come along ...

~M~

agedgardener
Fredericton N B
Canada
(Zone 4a)

December 22, 2011
5:47 PM

Post #8939775

The Historical society put up a display of historical pictures and memorabilia at Government house here in Fredericton.The Lt. Governor had a reception to mark the opening to which we were invited.I took some holly from my Garden to him.Home grown Holly is quite rare here in zone4b .He was really pleased with it.He remembered me from when he was a customer at my framing shop when we were both much younger.Here we are at the party.JOY

Thumbnail by agedgardener

agedgardener
Fredericton N B
Canada
(Zone 4a)

December 22, 2011
5:54 PM

Post #8939785

They served red and white wine .This is the table of goodies...smoked salmon and much more.I liked the way they served the celery,bread sticks and carrots JOY

agedgardener
Fredericton N B
Canada
(Zone 4a)

December 22, 2011
5:59 PM

Post #8939791

Government House is very old and has been restored to it's former grandeur...a very grand place for such a party.

annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 22, 2011
7:14 PM

Post #8939892

Joy
Looks like you had a super time! Merry Christmas to you.
These are wonderful photo's. Bring them on over to the next chat with friends thread!
Alberta Ann
agedgardener
Fredericton N B
Canada
(Zone 4a)

December 22, 2011
8:42 PM

Post #8940050

annabell52 you will have to tell me how to go to that thread .JOY
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 23, 2011
3:37 PM

Post #8940880

Joy
click on this one,
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1233427/
Its in the Canadian Gardening Forum and will be near the beginning.

It's called Whats happening in your neck of the woods Dec 11
Let me know if you can't find it and I will try to help you further.
I will be off the computer for a few days as we are going away so please don't think I am not going to help, it just may take a few days.
Merry Christmas Joy!
Alberta Ann

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

December 23, 2011
3:41 PM

Post #8940891

Joy - we've moved to another room - please join us.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1233427/

btw - growing holly in 4b... geeze - wouldn't it be nice to grow it in 3b... lol I saw some growing in Stanley Park in Vancouver once - didn't know it was there, and leaned back into it lol

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Canadian Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Brugmansia 'culebra' available Dennis_taylor 6 Nov 12, 2007 5:22 PM
Rice Lake, ON OhioBreezy 27 Sep 19, 2007 7:46 PM
Hi from Québec / Saskatoon spklatt 53 Sep 8, 2008 11:40 PM
Welcome to ginnylynn from Blyth, Ontario OldFlowerGirl 21 May 20, 2008 3:34 PM
Petunia 2 u 2 DCarrington 44 Apr 14, 2013 11:01 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America