What are you currently working on for your holiday gifts?

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

I am currently working on this penny rug with a moose for a friend that collects them. It will have a red plaid muffler around his neck with some Christmas Holly woven into it before it is done and all the stitching is still a work in process.
You have to use your imagination until its done.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Marin, CA(Zone 9b)

I looks great already!
I am getting ready to host a crad making party with some girlfriends. I hope to get some Christmas cards done.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

I'm stitching up a storm here. Just finished a Xstitch piece for one of my grandsons. Made two wall hangings and I'm working on a Mariner's Compass.

This message was edited Nov 12, 2011 8:40 AM

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

Sounds like everyone is up to good things. Here is an update of my moose.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

The rug is looking good. I'm working on slippers for all four of my kids. I had to make myself a pair first to work the kinks out of the pattern. I have lots of stuff on my wish list, not sure I'll get to all of them though. I'm thinking of making cinnamon ornaments with the kids since I have one I made in the 1st grade still! The bugs just don't like cinnamon I guess. Speaking of bugs, I ran some ants off with peppermint extract today. So, there's a holiday tip for you. :)

Erin

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

Why is it called a penny rug? I love it!

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

Penny rugs first came to being when wool and fabric and money were scarce and they used to trace penny circles from scrape of wool and sew them all together to form rugs. I will see if I can find a sample for you.
https://sites.google.com/site/ragamuffincollectibles/historyofpennyrugs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_rug

http://cbwentworth.wordpress.com/tag/penny-rugs/

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

wow, thanks forsharing that info, very innteresting.

Victoria Harbour, ON

wow, tremendous amount of work!!

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

But so much fun.
Now I am contemplating doing a crazy quilt or I have a pattern of one, Haven't quite decided yet. May have to have brain surgery so holding off on any new projects for a bit.

Is there anything we can do to help you Jan?

Victoria Harbour, ON

sending prayers Jan..

Cool morning here..fall is certainly here. Meaford Applefest and craft sale on today..am hoping to come up with ideas for Christmas gifts.

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

I just finished making these for Halloween.
I painted these on real pumpkins so they will only last a season. Sort of like making the live Christmas Wreaths. They only last one season too.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Victoria Harbour, ON

Absolute work of art!

How talented you are...

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

They are beautiful!!!!!!

This message was edited Oct 11, 2012 5:17 AM

You have the patience of a saint Jan. Those are just gorgeous.....

Marin, CA(Zone 9b)

How very gorgeous!!!!!

New York, NY(Zone 6b)

Beautiful work. You are really talented.

Macon, GA(Zone 8a)

They're beautiful! What did you use for the raised effect?

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

Thuvia, I used Tulip Slick 3 dimensional paint. It is awesome and comes in several colors I wanted to use a minimal color scheme but they have many. I also used the Tulip silver and gold 3 Dimensional paint. I used the acrylic fusion spray for the base color. with a tad of stone spray for texture.

Now I have decided that since I can't fight the majority around our neck of the woods I have decided to join them and start quilting. ! ! ! I am working on an adaption of a Halloween quilt and making it into a more use able Fall quilt. Colors are basically the same but instead of ghosts and cats and bats in some of the blocks I am putting maple leafs. I will see if I can find a pic of the original pic.
You can see it at this site
file:///C:/Users/Jan%20MacKay/Downloads/Ghoulies%20&%20Ghosties%20%20FREE%20Halloween%20Lap%20Quilt%20Pattern.htm I am just not using the Halloween images. and .... and... I am working on a log cabin quilt. Yes, I know, I always have too many project going at one time. But you never know when your cards may be called in so I say do as much as you can for as long as you can and leave a legacy of your life to your children. I may be leaning alot on my fellow quilters here as well as my local quilt shop owner that used to be our mayor.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images