Photo by Melody

Article: The Frugal Gardener: Money Saving Projects and Tips; Glass Totems and Garden Stakes: You're right ... I love it!!! ♥

Communities > Forums > Article: The Frugal Gardener: Money Saving Projects and Tips; Glass Totems and Garden Stakes
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Frugal Gardener: Money Saving Projects and Tips; Glass Totems and Garden StakesReplies: 0, Views: 19
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
the Highland Rim of
United States
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2011
12:48 PM

Post #8887281

You did a fantastic job with your totems, Melody. Wow! I luv the tall clear glass one and the "special" topper is, well, very special indeed. Even though I started with pottery pieces, I have come to love the glass ones best. I'm sure it's because of the reflective quality of glass.

As far as their fragility, I have had mine outside all year and they have done just fine. I even unintentionally left a few out uncovered in the recent hard freeze. No problems with the glass ones. I don't recommend that, but you know how it tends to happen that we just forget. The surfaces of the components in the pottery totems tend to crack due to temperature changes and weather conditions. But I still like them even that way.

One tall glass totem I have outside was knocked over and fell on some large, hard tree roots. It simply came apart in two pieces at a joint and didn't smash all over the place. The pieces could easily be glued back together. If on a hard surface, that could be a different story. Point is, they are a lot sturdier than they may appear. And should one break, the initial cost is very minimal and any broken parts are fairly easy to replace.

:-)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Frugal Gardener: Money Saving Projects and Tips; Glass Totems and Garden Stakes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Fragile! Dinu 13 Nov 23, 2011 7:30 AM
An excellent and inexpensive craft Elena 1 Nov 12, 2011 9:54 AM
stacked glass objects maiglocke 1 Nov 17, 2011 2:06 PM
Another good idea Sundownr 3 Jan 8, 2012 6:56 AM
Know your glass or use a different glue? dgar 1 Mar 12, 2012 11:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America