Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!
Fairfax, VA(Zone 6b)

I have been managing deer by moving plants to an inaccessible area (fence 8' high) in my front yard. The all day sun is in a part of my backyard which deer frequent. I have used chemical repellants, stacked bags and bags of leaves on the garden perimeter and now I am planing peonies on a tight border around the veggie garden. I had no veggie garden this year in hopes of breaking the deer habit. Any other suggestions?

Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6a)

Along with the deer fence I use Liquid Fence applied every 2 months. It is important to keep the nearby plants sprayed at 2 month intervals to keep the bad taste and smell repellant fresh keep away deer and other animals such as ground hogs and rabbits. I have also used a tape impregnated with a deterrent as a low fence about 2 1/2'to 3' high around the area.
Perhaps he best deterrent is a dog with one of those buried wires around an area and a collar on the dog

Brunswick, GA

Down here in Georgia folks use blood meal + cayenne pepper. If you have menfolk in your household, ask them to take a pee out there in the evenings.

Good luck. I, too, remember when I thought deer were adorable, innocent creatures.

ADY

Charles Town, WV(Zone 6b)

cjca02. We've used the pee method for several years and here in Charles Town, WV it has worked great. best deterent I've found.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.